The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Everybody is entitled to voice their opinion, as long as it is done politely, whether it be a negative or a positive one. That is what creates discussion.
Thanks Anne for checking in but I guess we have different opinions of what is polite.

Meanwhile back to Mary!

I think this is an article from Berlingske Tidende is about what they are going to do with the Tasmanian devils.

http://www.berlingske.dk/nyprins/art...fid=100100830/

Now I understand the exuberance but why would anyone think that the parents of a newborn would want some Tasmanian devils in their house???

Old 10-19-2005, 09:13 AM

I'd say the colour of the baby's skin was probably due to it being a little jaundiced. This is quite common in newborns, especially around the 3rd to 4th day, and it is more common in breastfed babies.

Old 10-19-2005, 09:16 AM

Re;

I think that Prince Christian (IMHO it's safe to call him that!) does look jaundiced as Cass09 said - I was jaundiced at birth but it doesn't last very long apparantly.

They really do make a wonderful family. He's bound to be gorgeous with such stunning parents.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Nobility

It's not for the Crown Princes house but for Copenhagen zoo, as I've heard on the net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Thanks Anne for checking in but I guess we have different opinions of what is polite.

Meanwhile back to Mary!

I think this is an article from Berlingske Tidende is about what they are going to do with the Tasmanian devils.

http://www.berlingske.dk/nyprins/art...fid=100100830/

Now I understand the exuberance but why would anyone think that the parents of a newborn would want some Tasmanian devils in their house???
Old 10-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristine
It's not for the Crown Princes house but for Copenhagen zoo, as I've heard on the net.
I'm glad they're going to keep the Tasmanian devils at the zoo instead of at the palace. I don't think poor Ziggy would be too happy having to share his house with Tasmanian devils!
Old 10-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Nobility

And imagine what the devils could do with the poor dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishchic5
I'm glad they're going to keep the Tasmanian devils at the zoo instead of at the palace. I don't think poor Ziggy would be too happy having to share his house with Tasmanian devils!
Old 10-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Commoner

I actually thought that Mary was quite exuberant when they got home. Did you notice how she was trying to pet Ziggy and then caught up to Frederick and threw her arm around his shoulder? I thought that was pretty cool and showed just how happy she seemed. I was also quite impressed that she got so dressed up when leaving the hospital. Never givin birth myself, but uggghhh, pantyhose? I'm afraid I would have opted for granny panties and sweatpants! You go girl! She looked gorgeous!
Old 10-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah i definately agree! When she threw her arm around Fred, it looked as if she was so happy. They looked like a normal warm family when i saw that.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

They just look really happy!
and its so nice to see !
Old 10-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for all the photos, videos, and articles. The little Prince is quite a cutie. The couple looks elated, proud, and overjoyed with their new son. :)

Mary looks so fit and fantastic for a woman who gave birth a few days ago. Perhaps it is a natural "high". I thought it was soooo cute how Ziggy ran up to her and she bent down to greet him. Perhaps Ziggy has missed his mistress for the days she was away. I also think it was a nice gesture for the couple to go down and greet the people at Fredensborg.

That being said, I must admit that I thought Frederik was just being "proud" when he said he contributed to the labour a great deal, but it seems Mary agreed when she said that she "couldn't have done it without him". So that validates Frederik's statement.:p

I wish all the best for this family:)
Old 10-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Serene Highness

what video? the only one I see I couldnt open up!!
its sounds really good!
Old 10-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Cathrine Rose
I actually thought that Mary was quite exuberant when they got home.
She's probably glad to get away from hospital food! Yuck! Ziggy looked happy to see them.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:41 AM
Courtier

Haha. Last night on Comedy Central's "Colbert Report" tv show, there was a short video and the host said that all the new Danish prince needed to know was "To thine own self be true...and your girlfriend Ophelia is psychooooo." It was soooo funny.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyBallerina
Haha. Last night on Comedy Central's "Colbert Report" tv show, there was a short video and the host said that all the new Danish prince needed to know was "To thine own self be true...and your girlfriend Ophelia is psychooooo." It was soooo funny.
Not without reason I'm nicknaming him "Hamlet."
Old 10-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Alot of lovely photos! I'm not so sure of having the dog around when there's now a newborn in the family. Let's hope he's kept away from the baby.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Alot of lovely photos! I'm not so sure of having the dog around when there's now a newborn in the family. Let's hope he's kept away from the baby.
There is nothing wrong with having a dog around a newborn as long as the dog has a good temperament and is not left alone with the child. When I was a baby my parents had a German Shepherd. In fact, I learned how to walk by holding on to him. He was as gentle as a lamb.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

"There is nothing wrong with having a dog around a newborn as long as the dog has a good temperament and is not left alone with the child. "

I hadn't even considerd the temperament, although surely that's something that can never be predicted? I was thinking more from a cleanliness/hygiene aspect, as well as all the possible germs a child could be exposed to.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star

I hadn't even considerd the temperament, although surely that's something that can never be predicted? I was thinking more from a cleanliness/hygiene aspect, as well as all the possible germs a child could be exposed to.
Well temperament is important although the main reason I heard for keeping young children away from dogs and cats is to wait until the babies know not to pull puppy's tail. :)

I don't think germs is an issue with dogs and cats although it can be with other humans. If a dog gets a cold, a baby can't catch it because its not the human version of the disease. But coming into contact with a human with a cold provides a real risk that the baby could come down with the cold.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Royal Highness

My parents had some cats when I was born, (and when I was young), and my mother was paranoid with keeping them away from me.
Apparently cats carry something called toxoplasmosis that can cause the baby to become ill if the baby is exposed to the cat.
But if the cat is kept indoors and the parents make sure the areas in which the baby lives are kept clean (if the cat also shares the space), there shouldn't be a problem.
I don't think there are any cleanliness problems with dogs (at least not any out of the ordinary), the only issue would be the temperament.
But, as the royal couple only have a dog (to the best of my knowledge) who seems to have a friendly temperament, there shouldn't be a problem for the baby.

Old 10-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
My parents had some cats when I was born, (and when I was young), and my mother was paranoid with keeping them away from me.
Apparently cats carry something called toxoplasmosis that can cause the baby to become ill if the baby is exposed to the cat.
But if the cat is kept indoors and the parents make sure the areas in which the baby lives are kept clean (if the cat also shares the space), there shouldn't be a problem.
I don't think there are any cleanliness problems with dogs (at least not any out of the ordinary), the only issue would be the temperament.
But, as the royal couple only have a dog (to the best of my knowledge) who seems to have a friendly temperament, there shouldn't be a problem for the baby.
Hi Layla, I think I know what you are talking about. Pregnant women cannot handle cat litter because of the danger of toxoplasmosis but I haven't heard the danger exists with the cat itself?

Closed Thread

Tags
christian, lilleprinsen, prince christian