The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 05:34 AM
Commoner

The best to the new prince and his family. I'm sure Mary and Frederik will be great parents and I look forward to the christening :) :) :)

Old 10-19-2005, 05:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by eireann
Iīm fascinated by this Scandinavian tradition of not naming children until their christening...one question, what do they call their children until the name is announced??

And I am fascinated by the tradition to give the baby a name just after it has born! Very curious. When I lived in Germany in 70s, I noticed that they gave names to babys just after birth and I was very surprised. I had never even heard of that way to give names.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
I think it looks totally ridiculous that they ask how big the baby was and instead of saying the actual measurement, they show it with their hands like a fish. It is kind of silly. Is this a danish tradition?
Just as SpiffyBallerina said it's just a fun gesture for a proud father to make. I know art least king Konstantin did show with hands, how big girl princess Alexia was, when she was born. I have a picture of it somewhere. And it really is very nice gesture, I think.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena
Royal or not. Danish or not. That has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Thanks for the laugh; I needed it .
Why do you think it is dumb? Every country has it's own laws. In the Nordic countries we do not have the law to name a baby just after the birth and that't that! There is nothing ridiculous in that, or anyway I don't see the funny side in the situation ...
Old 10-19-2005, 06:04 AM
Aristocracy

arent these like teh most adorable pics u have ever seen??

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../princessmary/

absolutely precious
Old 10-19-2005, 06:23 AM
Nobility

I must say that for such a tiny tot, the little prince sure is popular in this forum not strange at all though, cute as he is Just noticed that this thread has 26 pages quite a lot for a fellow which is less than a week old!

And another thing I've noticed, as grand-pa Donaldson told the press about that Scottish tradition dubbing an unchristened child "bairn". It shows, in my opinion, a conncetion between the Scottish dialects and the Nordic languages (at least Norwegian), because child in Norwegian is spelled "barn". Just observing...

Old 10-19-2005, 06:30 AM
Heir Apparent

What a wonderful little family they are, they looked like such a warm and loving little unit on these pictures. Crown Princess Mary looks great so soon after giving birth, and the little one is very cute!

I'm looking forward to the christening and the announcement of the name, it will all be very interesting to follow.

Thanks to everyone for the pictures!
Old 10-19-2005, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikkiB
And another thing I've noticed, as grand-pa Donaldson told the press about that Scottish tradition dubbing an unchristened child "bairn". It shows, in my opinion, a conncetion between the Scottish dialects and the Nordic languages (at least Norwegian), because child in Norwegian is spelled "barn". Just observing...
A very interesting observation Kiki, it really does show the connection between our languages. Barn is also child in Swedish.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:41 AM
Aristocracy

As a recent mom myself, I can imagine what CP Mary feels:very happy and totally fulfilled. God Bless the New Prince and his parents.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:53 AM

I think you mean that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Mary may be her 'own person' but she tries too hard to act 'royal'. Lets face facts she is a commoner and not born into royalty so therefore she must remember her ancestry. I find a natural exhuberance a far greater virtue than a cold and forced personality.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosey60
It depends on the genotypes...Brown is the dominant allele, blue is recessive.
Thank you Moosey60! Very interesting. I can remember all that from the school and at time I, too, found it interesting
Old 10-19-2005, 07:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Joanna
I think you mean that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Mary may be her 'own person' but she tries too hard to act 'royal'. Lets face facts she is a commoner and not born into royalty so therefore she must remember her ancestry. I find a natural exhuberance a far greater virtue than a cold and forced personality.
sorry was meant to say beauty instead of love !
cant see it myself ,"mary trying hard to act 'royal'"
Just see her doing her job, and a good job she is doing too!

take another look at her coming out of the hosptial with her baby
does she look like a cold and forced personality??:) dont think so, but I suppose everyone has there own opinion ,
Old 10-19-2005, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I wonder why some people spend most of their time here making mean-sprited comments about royals they don't like. I come here for enjoyment and to spend time posting on royals I like. There are royals I don't like but I don't spend time on their threads.

I happen to like Mary and think she looks so happy with the birth of her new child so I prefer to spend my time here. I wish others would do the same. Life is too short making mean comments about people you don't like.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:16 AM
Aristocracy

I totally agree with you Ysbel.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:50 AM
Nobility

definitely!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 07:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I wonder why some people spend most of their time here making mean-sprited comments about royals they don't like. I come here for enjoyment and to spend time posting on royals I like. There are royals I don't like but I don't spend time on their threads.

I happen to like Mary and think she looks so happy with the birth of her new child so I prefer to spend my time here. I wish others would do the same. Life is too short making mean comments about people you don't like.
Wonderfully expressed ysbel.

"MII"
Old 10-19-2005, 07:53 AM
Courtier

I'm just going to add some more about the eye color and then I promise I'll get back on the original subject! The stuff that are taught in schools about genetics etc. are mostly wrong. Eye color is dependant on several things like what genes you inherit and what genes are active. Also mutations in the genes may affect it. For more interesting info, read here.

And back to the subject!! Many people here in Finland wonder about the baby's skin color and claim he looks tanned. I don't see it but then again, babies in my family, in my husband's family and even in my sister's husband's family tend to have a yellowish/olive skin color. I'm not just talking about the common yellowing that happens to babies often although that too is fairly common in my family.
I believe the little prince is just a bit yellow.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Everybody is entitled to voice their opinion, as long as it is done politely, whether it be a negative or a positive one. That is what creates discussion.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:59 AM
Nobility

The pictures are wonderful and the baby is adorable. It's lovely to see a couple so happy and united. And it was funny to see Fred carrying the baby. He didn't seem used to it :p
And Mary has showed women don't need to gain a lot of weight to have a healthy baby. Some women I know get a lot of weight during the pregnancy and after the delivery, never loses the extra weight.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Aristocracy

the baby is so cute, the color of the baby skin is cause the baby was born 2 weeks earlier and his skin has matured but it will change in due time, my aunty is a doctor and she told me the reson why the baby has a yellow glow to him. But Mary looks so beautiful. Fredy is a proud daddy, now he will look forward in teaching him things as he grows older.

They are saying his name will be Prins Christian to follow in tradition.

Closed Thread

Tags
christian, lilleprinsen, prince christian