The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 05:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Live cross to the Copenhagen hospital on the Sydney prime time television news just now to tell us...
...there's nothing to report.
Seems to be a lot of that going on.

Old 10-18-2005, 06:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Seems to be a lot of that going on.
Indeed...

"MII"

Old 10-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Gentry

I read somewhere Denmark's Heir are always called Frederik or Christian. One year it's Frederik, the other year it's Christian. This would mean Mary's and Frederik's child will be called Christian. Don't know if the information is totally reliable though
Old 10-18-2005, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Finally! 2:30 Copenhagen time. Only in a couple of hours I see. DR1 is starting their live webcast at 3:15 today.

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2005/10/18/111249.htm
The same article also says that the baby has a nanny, already: Nurse Mette Hansen has been hired to take care of him.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:06 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Yes, I already saw that. Mary is going to regret the moment she ever said her home was going to be a nanny-free zone. It was just too unrealistic.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate2
I read somewhere Denmark's Heir are always called Frederik or Christian. One year it's Frederik, the other year it's Christian. This would mean Mary's and Frederik's child will be called Christian. Don't know if the information is totally reliable though
Yeah, its pretty reliable but Mary and Fred can buck tradition and choose a different name.

I hope not, I like the name Christian and it appears according to a www.BT.dk poll that 74% of Danes want him to be named Christian. So it will be interesting to see what they do.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Yes, I already saw that. Mary is going to regret the moment she ever said her home was going to be a nanny-free zone. It was just too unrealistic.
She might be referring to the circumstance when she and Fred were at home. It is understandable that if Prince Frederik missed to be with his parents during his childhood, he and his wife, wishes to raise their child themselves. Everyone tries not to make the same "mistakes" they consider their parents did...
I believe Fred and Mary will be a great, funny and loving parents to this litle Prince and brothers and sisters to follow... And to build this kind of relationship they have to be in a distance ""within an arm's length"":) !
Regards,
mtbcm

Out of topic: There is a pic of Prince Charles I can not forget. He was about 3/4 years old and his mum, the Queen, was returning from being a long time away, and when his mum approached him he greated her "Welcome home, Your Highness!" and gave his tiny hand to salute her formally. And she accepted this cumpliment. How far were them from eachother :o ?!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
great to see they are leaving today (and in just an hour!)! can't wait to see photos of the baby...

any ideas about when the christening may be? hat's the protocol with royal christening with dates?
i think in 1-2 months
Old 10-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to the Royal Couple. They must be very proud!

I've read that Christian is the favourite name becuase of tradition but I'm just wondering what the protocol surrounding the name is? I haven't read the entire thread so if it's a repeated question, then apologies.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Courtier

Will the baby have more visitors? Not a lot of his family seems to have visited him, only his grandparents. In Belgium, both maternal and paternal grandparents paid Emmanuel and Mathilde a visit, and so did Princess Astrid with her husband and youngest daughter and Mathilde's sister Elisabeth.

There didn't seem to be a visit from Joachim or Alexandra, Nikolai or Felix. Benedikte was in Brazil, but what about her children visiting their cousin and his newborn son?
Old 10-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Royal Highness

The baby is adorable! I learned in biology that everything that involves your eyes comes through your mother. Let's see if it's true with this baby or whether my teacher lied to me .
Old 10-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Joachim visited the new parents in the Hospital. I don't know about Alexandra & her children or any other royals tho. There are pictures a few pages back of Joachim coming out of the hospital. I don't know about Mary's siblings....I'm assuming they are all living in Australia so they probably have not visited yet. I'm sure some people were waiting to visit the new baby when they got home from the hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
Will the baby have more visitors? Not a lot of his family seems to have visited him, only his grandparents. In Belgium, both maternal and paternal grandparents paid Emmanuel and Mathilde a visit, and so did Princess Astrid with her husband and youngest daughter and Mathilde's sister Elisabeth.

There didn't seem to be a visit from Joachim or Alexandra, Nikolai or Felix. Benedikte was in Brazil, but what about her children visiting their cousin and his newborn son?

Old 10-18-2005, 11:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
The baby is adorable! I learned in biology that everything that involves your eyes comes through your mother. Let's see if it's true with this baby or whether my teacher lied to me .
It depends on the genotypes...Brown is the dominant allele, blue is recessive.

Hehe, if we do a punnet square:
B=brown b=blue

Frederik has blue, he must be homozygous recessive for him to show blue eyes: he is bb
Mary: Depends...if everyone in her family has brown eyes, then she is most likely BB (homozygous dominant), but it also possible her mom or dad were heterozygous...so she could be Bb, potentially (which is what Alexandra has to be seeing as Nikolai and Felix both have blue eyes).

bb x Bb
B b
b Bb bb
b Bb bb

Sooooo, we can see that 50% of their kiddies will have blue eyes, and 50% will have brown eyes (obviously not that perfect in real life.)

If Mary is BB, then:

bb x BB
B B
b Bb Bb
b Bb Bb

100% brown

-------------

Did Mary's mom have blue eyes? Does Mary's Dad have blue eyes? If either of them did, then Mary is Bb for sure and the baby might have blue eyes...but if Mary's genotype is homozygous dominant, then the baby HAS to have brown eyes.
--------------

Hehe, a little biology lesson.
-------

He's a very cute baby regardless of eye colour. He looks like a little old man. So small! I hope they don't name him Christian. Christian should be one of his middle names, but he should have a name that fits him, and it'd be nice if it fit with his cousins' names, Nikolai and Felix which sound more modern than "Christian" or "Frederik"...at least to me.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Courtier

You did not just do a Punnett square! :p :p :p
Old 10-19-2005, 01:37 AM
Nobility

Congratulations dear Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary upon the blessed arriva of your bunde of Joy.:) Mabrook: Arabik for Congratulations!:)
Old 10-19-2005, 06:05 AM

Just a question, but has anyone noticed how Princess Mary lacks a lot of charisma?? She lacks the enthusiasm and warmth Princess Diana exuded and I find it hard to believe that she stood out in the crowd at the Slip Inn, Sydney.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:10 AM

not that pretty

:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirsada
CP Mary looks gorgeous having just given birth. He is adorable and I'm jealous.
Not sure......there have been prettier princesses than her.....by far!
Old 10-19-2005, 06:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Denmark's Australian-born Crown Princess Mary is carried by her mother Henrietta Clark Donaldson in this 1972 file photo. From Reuters
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2005, 06:23 AM
Serene Highness

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Joanna
Just a question, but has anyone noticed how Princess Mary lacks a lot of charisma?? She lacks the enthusiasm and warmth Princess Diana exuded and I find it hard to believe that she stood out in the crowd at the Slip Inn, Sydney.
No I havent notice that Princess Mary lacks charisma, and Im glad she isnt like Princess Diana , ( there is only one Diana) Mary is her own person who is doing just fine , and as they say " Love is in the eye of the beholder":)
Old 10-19-2005, 06:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by eireann
I┤m fascinated by this Scandinavian tradition of not naming children until their christening...one question, what do they call their children until the name is announced??
When the mother-to-be goes into the hospital to give birth to a baby, she has to write down in her baby-clinic card some girl's and boy's name for the coming baby. That is because of the emergency babtism, if they see the baby is dying just after the birth. Emergency babtism is of course very, very seldom, but it has to be done sometimes, when the situation according the baby's healt is very serious. Anyway in Finland it is done so and I think it is the same in the other Nordic countries, too. Normally the baby is baptized, when it is about three months and until that the baby doesn't have any official name.

Tags
christian, lilleprinsen, prince christian