A Prince is Born: October 15, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a little off topic, but the dress Princess Mary wore in the official pictures (posted on the couples website: http://www.hkhkronprinsen.dk/english.php), could it be the same dress she wore when leaving the hospital, or is it just my imagination?

norwegianne said:
Looks like it, to me. She is wearing the same jewelry.
I took a look at the pictures posted in this thread, and Frederik looks like he's wearing the same suit, just without the tie in the official photos (maybe they wanted a more casual/modern look?).:)

"I took a look at the pictures posted in this thread, and Frederik looks like he's wearing the same suit, just without the tie in the official photos (maybe they wanted a more casual/modern look?).:)"

You're probably right, when Cherie Blair had Leo his PR people made sure that he made his announcement in really casual attire. I think it helps to make people seem more "normal".

Layla1971 said:
It's a little off topic, but the dress Princess Mary wore in the official pictures (posted on the couples website: http://www.hkhkronprinsen.dk/english.php), could it be the same dress she wore when leaving the hospital, or is it just my imagination?

I imagine they took the pics that morning to give the baby and mother some time to recover. Then it would make sense that she wears the same dress. Mary did look good but she did look a bit fatigued even a couple of days after the birth which is totally normal. Babies and mothers don't often look their best right after the birth!

Looks like the lille nye prinsen has already got a forste job :D

Prinsens første job

Der er tradition for, at tronarvinger får deres første job som motiv på et velgørenheds-frimærke. Den forventes Danmarks nye prins at føre videre.

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=395628:fid=100300348/

Noelle,
Money is probably an issue, :( like the wedding, if you remember her brother in law (Patrica's husband gave an interview in the paper they had to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for the family airfare) then her brother and wife came but their little girls got left ( she gave an interview on getting help with the formal clothes) her oldest sis and hubby were able to afford come with their kids. At least her dad is there for her.

Wittykitty;)

I loved the videos, and whoever posted them, THANK YOU!!!!! :)

I gave a big smile when she spontaneously threw her arm around his shoulder as they walked back into their home. I just love these two together and the baby makes it even better.......

wittykitty said:
Noelle,
Money is probably an issue, :( like the wedding, if you remember her brother in law (Patrica's husband gave an interview in the paper they had to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for the family airfare) then her brother and wife came but their little girls got left ( she gave an interview on getting help with the formal clothes) her oldest sis and hubby were able to afford come with their kids. At least her dad is there for her.

Wittykitty;)

I would think that Mary and Frederik could help with money for airfares.
They get money from the government, and even first class airfares for, I suppose 20 family members, and friends, wouldn't leave a huge dent in their bank account.
Maybe it's a matter of pride, and not wanting to take advantage of their rich in-laws, which I can completely understand.

Isn't there some way that the Danish gov't could pay for their transporation? There must be a way...

Last edited:
Noelle9982 said:
Isn't there some way that the Danish gov't could pay for their transporation? There must be a way...

I'm not sure that's their job! I think that travel (if not on an official tour) would be a personal thing, and therefore, couldn't or shouldn't be paid for by taxpayers, even if it is so his family can see the new prince.:)

Layla1971 said:
I'm not sure that's their job! I think that travel (if not on an official tour) would be a personal thing, and therefore, couldn't or shouldn't be paid for by taxpayers, even if it is so his family can see the new prince.:)

And in a month or so there will be the christening. So, we don't know if Mary's relatives prefer to attend the christening instead of coming now. They must have their compromises- schools, jobs and so on, and I don't think they could come now and stay untill the christening. And two trips, so big and so near is out of question for most people.
I'm sure Mary's family in counting on the Royal Family to support and help their beloved at this new phase of her life.

Regards,
mtbcm

I think despite the excitement we all are having about the baby, Mary's and Fred's relatives have all got their own lives complete with their own kids who have needs.

Felix and Nikolai have probably looked forward to their vacation for a long time and wouldn't like interrupting their vacation in sunny Greece to come back to chilly Denmark to see a little baby who is not going to be too much fun (to little boys) for awhile. Mary's brothers and sisters have kids who have school and friends and social lives. The kids probably don't want to be pulled away from their own activities and their parents have jobs.

They can't just be expected to drop everything and come see the baby.

mtbcm said:
And in a month or so there will be the christening. So, we don't know if Mary's relatives prefer to attend the christening instead of coming now. They must have their compromises- schools, jobs and so on, and I don't think they could come now and stay untill the christening. And two trips, so big and so near is out of question for most people.
I'm sure Mary's family in counting on the Royal Family to support and help their beloved at this new phase of her life.

Regards,
mtbcm

I'm sure Mary's new family will help her through adjusting to her new motherhood, and I'm sure Frederik will be there for her completely.
She probably speaks to her family quite often on the phone, and Mary's father, and stepmother are in Denmark (her father teaches at a university near Copenhagen), so they must be a huge support to the couple.

I read from the news saying that Mary's sister Jane is already in Denmark to help and babysit their son and Mary's father was seen walking their dog, Ziggy.

ysbel said:
I think despite the excitement we all are having about the baby, Mary's and Fred's relatives have all got their own lives complete with their own kids who have needs.

Felix and Nikolai have probably looked forward to their vacation for a long time and wouldn't like interrupting their vacation in sunny Greece to come back to chilly Denmark to see a little baby who is not going to be too much fun (to little boys) for awhile. Mary's brothers and sisters have kids who have school and friends and social lives. The kids probably don't want to be pulled away from their own activities and their parents have jobs.

They can't just be expected to drop everything and come see the baby.
I very much agree with you, ysbel.

It doesn't seem to make much sense for all of them to come up now, considering the cost of airfare. It's cheaper for Frederik and Mary to take a trip to Australia some time, to show him off to relatives, then. I think it depends on how many you can expect to come to the Christening as well, considering the cost.

Mary's father and stepmother are close to them in term of distance (actually living in Copenhagen). Unfortunately her other relatives are further away.

mandyy said:
I read from the news saying that Mary's sister Jane is already in Denmark to help and babysit their son and Mary's father was seen walking their dog, Ziggy.

Thanks for the info mandyy! In Canadayou find this info, and we don't get these stories/pictures in Australia, the princess' country of birth!
Our media is betraying us! ;)

Layla1971 said:
Thanks for the info mandyy! In Canadayou find this info, and we don't get these stories/pictures in Australia, the princess' country of birth!
Our media is betraying us! ;)
I haven't heard anything about this either, is there a link?

Letizia has i think an exact necklace only in white. I saw it on the HELLO website under princess pregnancy picture special of some some sort. For those of you who like Letizia it has beautiful pictures of her and Mary not bad either:)
norwegianne said:
Looks like it, to me. She is wearing the same jewelry.

sweettiara said:
Letizia has i think an exact necklace only in white. I saw it on the HELLO website under princess pregnancy picture special of some some sort. For those of you who like Letizia it has beautiful pictures of her and Mary not bad either:)

I haven't seen the picture of Letizia, but IMO the necklace looks beautiful.:)

I don't have children...but based upon conversations with my family and girlfriends...while its great for families and friends to visit...sometimes its best to give the new family a little time for themselves. A bit of an adjustment period if you will.

Also, in regards to Mary's familiy not making the trip to Denmark. Not sure how much it costs...but I agree with the concept that maybe they are waiting for the christening. While Mary and Frederik might have the means to take costly vacations (or schedule them with overseas business trips), what types of jobs do her siblings hold? Denmark seems very fond of their royal family...but I can't see the country paying for Mary's family to visit.

layla if you an upclose look of necklace go to crown princess news:may 2005-august 2005 click on eight and scroll down. you will see her in purple shirt of dress anyway enjoy:)
Layla1971 said:
I haven't seen the picture of Letizia, but IMO the necklace looks beautiful.:)

I completely didn't even think that Mary's family might be waiting for the christening...good point!

However, I still think it must be difficult for Mary that Frederick's family is such a big part of their lives and her family is not. I know she probably realized this and accepted it before they got married but still...I can imagine that I'd be missing my family at a time like this if I were her.

I saw someone had mentioned that Fred and Mary have a nanny...Does anyone know if she/he will be used all the time as the child's primary care giver or if the nanny will just be a suppliment to their parenting?

sweettiara said:
layla if you an upclose look of necklace go to crown princess news:may 2005-august 2005 click on eight and scroll down. you will see her in purple shirt of dress anyway enjoy:)

Thanks for thinking of me, but it seems to be an invalid link.
Maybe the picture can be found somewhere else?
Layla:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom