The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Aristocracy

Simply Wonderful!!! Congratulations Fred and Mary!! :)

Old 10-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyBallerina
I've heard the average for the first baby is something like 15-20 hours. ...
A little less, if you ask this gynaecologist (yes, I'm one :)), but 10 hours is indeed nothing unusual.

Congratulations to Denmark, to Frederik and to Mary!

Old 10-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Aristocracy

Many congratulations and best wishes to the family and to the people of Denmark
Old 10-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Nobility

Congratulations and the best wishes for the little family!

Really great news. Can't hardly wait to see the first photos of the little prince and Mary.
I like the way Frederik is smiling. You can see he's the happiest man on earth these moments.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Aristocracy

what wonderful news.....congrats to the royal danish family.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

When is Mary going out of the hospital???????
Old 10-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Aristocracy

in how many days do u think she will leave the hospital? will it take so long as for mathilde? tnx!
Old 10-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapple
A little less, if you ask this gynaecologist (yes, I'm one :)), but 10 hours is indeed nothing unusual.

Congratulations to Denmark, to Frederik and to Mary!
Congratulations to the whole family!
Hopefully Mary was drugged up nicely so she wouldn't feel all the pain. Did they say what time they got to the hospital? I mean was she there for the full 10hrs....in delivery or was she at home for a time before they felt it was time to go into the hospital?
I would say by hour 5....Cut it out! Too long & too much pain.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 10-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Aristocracy

No probably tomorrow or monday In Denmark young mothers stay 2 days !
Old 10-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Courtier

So far there's no news on when Mary will leave the hospital. I believe Frederik said when they were ready. I doubt we'll know the baby's name until the day the priest asks in church. That might happen soon though, because it was said in the news it might happen in 4-6 weeks. But of course nothing is certain. Joachim had an official fuction today, and he will have one tomorrow too, so there's no way of knowing when he'll pay his nephew a visit. He wouldn't say. On the news channel DR1 the reporter at the hospital interviewed an Australian reporter, who said that while he was caught up in the wires from all of the cameras and microphones his cameraman followed Margrethe as she was leaving the hospital and asked her some questions. He asked her something like how her visit with her granddaughter had been - Margrethe replied that it had been nice, and after a few seconds turned to the man and said "grandson". Can't remember what exactly was said between them, because it's a while since I saw it on tv, but the point was the cameraman had said granddaughter and Margrethe then corrected him by saying grandson. Mary's father and stepmother have also visited and said that the baby was very lovely and that it's nice to see Frederik and Mary so happy. Mary's father won't speculate if they'll give the boy the name John.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
Congratulations to the whole family!
Hopefully Mary was drugged up nicely so she wouldn't feel all the pain. Did they say what time they got to the hospital? I mean was she there for the full 10hrs....in delivery or was she at home for a time before they felt it was time to go into the hospital?
I would say by hour 5....Cut it out! Too long & too much pain.
Mary had epidural, so it probably took a lot of the pain
Old 10-15-2005, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Wow he was only born today...and this thread is almost already full!!!....Congrats to the happy couple..I wonder what they'll name their son???...I hope some exotic name!
They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2005, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kil
No probably tomorrow or monday In Denmark young mothers stay 2 days !
Alexandra stayed four days with Felix and six with Nikolai.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Alexandra stayed four days with Felix and six with Nikolai.
Is there any reason they stay that long. I know 4 & 6 days doesn't sound like a long time but I know here in the States they like to bring you in, have the baby & then get you out (unless there are complications or you had a C-section). Your in for like maybe 2 days or so. They no longer keep you for a few extra days (I think its also because it costs so much now- hospital bills, etc.). Is that how it is in Denmark & other European countries?

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 10-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I heard Mary wanted to do it the Danish way with no help. If she did do that way she has to be strong as heck to last ten hours in labor. They Probably wont announce the name until the christining. I hope they show pics of the baby soon. Marys stepmother said that it has Federicks mouth.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Aristocracy

Congrants---> wonderful news!!!
Old 10-15-2005, 05:10 PM
Royal Highness

OH WOW!!!!!!!!

Tillykke to the Crown Prince and Princess!!

May God keep watch now and forever over the baby and may he rule with honor and valor!
Old 10-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Gentry

How awesome! I am so happy for them! =D
Old 10-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
Is there any reason they stay that long. I know 4 & 6 days doesn't sound like a long time but I know here in the States they like to bring you in, have the baby & then get you out (unless there are complications or you had a C-section). Your in for like maybe 2 days or so. They no longer keep you for a few extra days (I think its also because it costs so much now- hospital bills, etc.). Is that how it is in Denmark & other European countries?
Rigshospitalet says that they recommend at least 48 hours at the hospital after the birth. Of course, they also say that that recommendation is based on being able to be together as a family, as they kind of lack space for family rooms for commoners, and therefore discharge people after 2-3 days if the birth went okay. But in the case of Mary and Frederik, I guess it depends on where Mary feels most comfortable at the moment. Frederik said that they're taking one day at the time.

In terms of hospital bills: I doubt Mary and Frederik has a problem with that - and for the rest of us - we've already paid for hospital visits and such through taxes. So, it's not going into the hospital and coming out with a baby and huge amounts of debts... (At least not until the baby starts needing stuff )
Old 10-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

They interviewed some Australians off the street yesterday and asked what Mary and Frederik should name their son. Almost all of them said Bob, and one even went as far to suggest Bob the Builder.

Closed Thread

Tags
christian, lilleprinsen, prince christian