Zara Phillips & Mike Tindall's Wedding: July 30, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somehow Zara did not look like the daughter of the Princess Royal but like a "mere" Miss Phillips. Which is what I personally like in her and her approach to the wedding. Her dress suited her and her husband, IMHO, it was a dress for a normal girl who wanted to be princess for a day while Catherine back in april wore a dress for a future princess and queen. Both beautiful brides! I really enjoyed the sparkle and the fun Zara and Mike seemed to ooze and I liked the fact that the whole congregation seemed to keep it simple - really a family affair, suitable for Scotland.

OTOH a dress like the one Mary of Denmark wore with the slight reminiscences of portraits of Scottish ladies of the renaissance period would have be ice, too. But then, Zara is a thoroughly modern lady who will look back one day on her wedding, viewing the pics together with Mike and laugh a bit because she chose such a romantic dress.

Somehow Zara did not look like the daughter of the Princess Royal but like a "mere" Miss Phillips.

Which she is? :whistling:

Also, Dolly Maude is being referred to as maid of honour, she's married, so she should be matron of honour?

Last edited:
Are there any pics of the Kents and Gloucesters?
So far,haven't been released any.I think some senior members could have attended.It's interesting to know if any representatives of Scottish nobilty attended,as far as the wedding was in Edinburgh.

Her dress was OK nothing special.

Courtesy of Daylife(Getty).

I love kilts so much I would've thrown one on the groom as well, Scottish or not. :lol: Maybe (probably) there's some etiquette issue why kilts were not worn that I'm not aware of.

Why does everyone have a bridal bouquet with just white flowers in it? Does anyone know what flowers Zara had in her bouquet? She could've had some nice Scottish flowers there.

Photo from Getty Images

I love the official photo! It's so relaxed and they are very happy. I prefer that than the normal posed images we get.

Is Zara's gown off-the-rack, and not a specially-made-to-order gown, based on what was been reported in Hello Magazine?

From Hello Magazine: 'The young royal selected the gown from bridal shop*The White Room, very near to where she lives with her rugby beau in Gloustershire.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Zara herself was breathtaking and stunning.Not a fan of the dresss,too puffy for her.I did like that her arms were not covered it is summer.

Catherine,Lady Sarah and Eugenie looked the best.I liked the color on Bea but not the style.

The hats are getting to be too much.

Sophie and Catherine looked stunning. Camilla looked like she needed her hat mown. I tought it was a joke at first. The York gilrs, never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Katherine looks a bit tense in this picture and less smiley today than she normally does.
We didn't get any of those cute photos we usually get but it's prob cause we saw them for such a short time and they were at church. Seems like they get really serious when at events like this. She did do plenty of smiling though
Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images

Last edited:
DM has a photo of the public being allowed to look around Canongate after the service.

The weather turned up trumps (long may it last *touches wood*).

She was a lovely bride and the tiara is stunning.

I do not like that official photo, it gives me a distant feeling. Or perhaps it is because she does not have her veil on. That is a big turn off for me. I just feel there's a lot missing here..

Kate and William, another gallery from purepeople. I do like her outfit much. The hat is truly impressive. :)

I do not like that official photo, it gives me a distant feeling. Or perhaps it is because she does not have her veil on. That is a big turn off for me. I just feel there's a lot missing here..

I know I'm supposed to like this since it has ancient ruins (are they ruins, not sure but it looks like a church that isn't all there anymore) and a serene and intimate atmosphere but... Somehow it just looks gloomy. The lighting isn't very successful in a sense (although beautiful) since it makes Zara's dress look like it was made from a shower curtain. She would look better with the veil, maybe with the flowers too. I wonder if the groom is looking at the bride instead of the camera for a reason. Didn't get the nose fixed, better camouflage it by looking the other way. I know, I know, it's supposed to be romantic and he's looking at her lovingly... :lol:

Kate and William, another gallery from purepeople. I do like her outfit much. The hat is truly impressive. :)

I agree on the outfit!

Speaking of hats, what on earth was Katherine Kelly's giant orange thing all about. It is mad, but I think I like it.

Zara herself was breathtaking and stunning.Not a fan of the dresss,too puffy for her.I did like that her arms were not covered it is summer.

Catherine,Lady Sarah and Eugenie looked the best.I liked the color on Bea but not the style.

The hats are getting to be too much.

I so agree about the over-the-top look of these hats. I guess I'm just not fascinated by fascinators; give me the traditional toppers.

Back
Top Bottom