Zara Phillips & Mike Tindall's Wedding: July 30, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spletnik -Ms.Zara Phillips: The wedding ceremony

Congratulations to the couple!
Mrs.Phillips-Tindal looked great. I liked a simplicity of the dress.
Sophie's, Countess of Wessex, ensemble was chic. She did a great job of pulling off a new generation of the satellite hat.

Last edited:
...Also, anyone have a picture of Lady Sarah Chatto?

MagMil's post 103 on page 6 of this thread has a link to pix of Lady Sarah, and Autumn Phillips is with her. You won't be surprised by Lady Sarah's outfit!

Still not fan of all these hats that look like satellite dishes with flowers squished underneath but I guess Philip Treacy is everyone's favourite nowadays... Duchess of Cambridge's hat reminds me of the one Crown Princess Mary of Denmark wore in Monaco. Call me old-fashioned but I'm also not a fan of wearing white (or cream) when attending someone's wedding. I love the colour on Bea although not liking all that frilly stuff on the skirt. And Camilla's hat... just too much!
You and I think alike! You wrote my post about hats and outfits for me-
although IMO, nothing wrong with wearing white/cream at a wedding. Thanks!:flowers:

Still not fan of all these hats that look like satellite dishes with flowers squished underneath but I guess Philip Treacy is everyone's favourite nowadays... Duchess of Cambridge's hat reminds me of the one Crown Princess Mary of Denmark wore in Monaco. Call me old-fashioned but I'm also not a fan of wearing white (or cream) when attending someone's wedding. I love the colour on Bea although not liking all that frilly stuff on the skirt. And Camilla's hat... just too much!

The bride is beaming but the dress is a bit blah for some reason. I love the tiara but wish she had some hair behind it if you know what I mean. The tiara needs a higher updo so it wouldn't look like the wearer has a flat head. Still beautiful though. QUOTE]

Agreed - the hats are beginning to look similar - like platters with flowers....a bit repetitious as are the nude colored shoes. It is obvious what is currently in vogue..but everyone looked nice. I would not be happy to be seated in church behind the lady with the huge orange hat. The Queen’s hat was cute and the color she wore was flattering. As usual, the Duchess of Cambridge looked stunning….probably it is that charisma she was blessed with, she has the ability to radiate happiness when she smiles….this carries over to the cameras.

Gotta love Zara, gets out of the car and shuts the door herself. She is so not pretentious.

Last edited by a moderator:

The bride is beaming but the dress is a bit blah for some reason. I love the tiara but wish she had some hair behind it if you know what I mean. The tiara needs a higher updo so it wouldn't look like the wearer has a flat head. Still beautiful though. QUOTE]

Agreed - the hats are beginning to look similar - like platters with flowers....a bit repetitious as are the nude colored shoes. It is obvious what is currently in vogue..but everyone looked nice. I would not be happy to be seated in church behind the lady with the huge orange hat. The Queen’s hat was cute and the color she wore was flattering. As usual, the Duchess of Cambridge looked stunning….probably it is that charisma she was blessed with, she has the ability to radiate happiness when she smiles….this carries over to the cameras.
:lol: Priceless! And correct!

These Royal weddings are over in a flash! Let's hope Harry and the Princesses hurry up and get married soon!

I think everyone looked exceptional today and what beautiful weather they got. So very lucky. Zara looks beautiful and so happy, as did Mike.

The winner of the day for me is Sophie, closely followed by Princess Beatrice, mainly because I liked that Beatrice chose a bright colour, staying away from pale shades. Sophie wins because she has been looking brilliant this Summer. She's been pulling out all the stops, AND I loved her hat.

Catherine looked great too and her hat was brilliant. I want to be able to afford Jane Taylor hats. Oh to be Royal and have a collection of hats.

Great to see Lady Sarah Chatto there. She's always so dressed so well and very understated. I like her style! No other relations there? Zara was a bridesmaid to Lady Sarah Chatto...

When I went to google news and searched for Dolly Maude (what a great name!), all it said was Zara's best friend, and one of the little bridesmaids is her daughter. I also came across the fact that Angela Kelly, the Queens' dressmaker, had dressed both Bea and Eugenie. And speaking of Lady Sarah, isn't that outfit a virtual duplicate of what she wore to William and Catherine's wedding?

the official photo with the family will be published???

It may be published, as Peter's was. We only saw the one with the whole family of Peter's as it was in Hello! We will probably see one with Queen, Philip, Anne etc.

Ummm...?

Interesting choice of hat...it's almost a flat cap!

great summer wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonderful couple!!!!!!!!!! I loved zara's look excpet the veil.

BTW, I dislike the bridesmaid dresses. Not what you wear for a wedding, IMO.

Last edited:
Not a big fan of Zara's dress but her veil is beautiful. That tiara looks amazing on her.

Zara ordinary wedding dress. You could have a different style.
Sophie my favorite. Catherine of beautiful hats. Camilla's hair, such as the peacock.

Has there been any talk of a honeymoon?

Back
Top Bottom