Zara Phillips & Mike Tindall's Wedding: July 30, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not feeling Zara's dress.
Sophie is my choice for best dress. Catherine as well, specially that hat.
Liked Beatrice's outfit but not Eugenie's.
Princess Anne's dress is pretty I would just prefere a different style on the jacket.

Last edited:
I couldn't love Zara's dress more. It's billowy for sure but how romantic and fits her personality perfectly. And I think it hides the tan lines!! :lol:

I'm a little disappointed, I expected Prince Charles at the very least to be in some sort of quilt....

Well that's done with now. Can't say I loved the dress but once she pulled back the veil it def looked better then when we first saw it. Loved Catherine's outfit. Have to say I'm so used to getting so many pics straight away that getting them in small clumps like this kinda bugged me not sure why maybe it has to do with the fact I've been up since 7am

I'm going to be honest, Zara's dress was horrible IMO. Zara herself look radiant and I simply love her smile, but that dress is just wrong. Especially the different material trim on the bottom. Looks like she's stepped in water and come back out.

Anne, Beatrice, Eugenie and Sophie definite highlights for me, they all look stunning.

My question; what's with the celebrities? Una Heely, Katherine Kelly, Eeeek.

So ....lovely wedding but I will say the dress is a tad dissappointing, can't put my finger on way ....maybe because it's a bit plain .....Zara has always had a bit if zsa zsa zu which doesn't come off in this dress.....still lovely but not blown away

But that being said, she herself looks stunning and so happy for them both! Congrats!

Last edited:
This might sound like a weird comment, but the more I look at the pictures, the more it seems that Beatrice, Eugenie, Catherine, Sophie and Camilla are wearing what looks like the same heels just in different heights.

Beatrice
Sophie
Catherine
Camilla
Eugenie

Last edited:
Lumutqueen said:
This might sound like a weird comment, but the more I look at the pictures, the more it seems that Beatrice, Eugenie and Camilla are wearing what looks like the same heels just in different heights.

And Sophie....

Seems to me every female member of RF (aside from maybe Autumn and Zara) wore nude colored shoes....even the Queen and Anne

Bea looked fabulous. That color made her look scrumptious.

Camilla's thing on her head look like she fell into a haystack and couldn't be bothered to brush out the straw. IMO, it was designed to draw attention away from the bride which is always vulgar in a wedding.

Loved the pink/rose of Anne's skirt, and wish the bodice piece was not quite the chintz wallpaper that it was. It was, however, rendered lovely by the Princess's radiant smile. I don't think I've ever seen her have that look of sheer happiness all that often in life.

I'm a bit jaded on wedding gowns, and can only muster a "perfectly servicable" comment about Zara. The choice of tiara was a very sweet nod to the D of E.

Still not fan of all these hats that look like satellite dishes with flowers squished underneath but I guess Philip Treacy is everyone's favourite nowadays... Duchess of Cambridge's hat reminds me of the one Crown Princess Mary of Denmark wore in Monaco. Call me old-fashioned but I'm also not a fan of wearing white (or cream) when attending someone's wedding. I love the colour on Bea although not liking all that frilly stuff on the skirt. And Camilla's hat... just too much!

The bride is beaming but the dress is a bit blah for some reason. I love the tiara but wish she had some hair behind it if you know what I mean. The tiara needs a higher updo so it wouldn't look like the wearer has a flat head. Still beautiful though. I love how the father of the bride looks so happy and is all smiles (albeit sunburned to the point of looking like a cooked lobster... :p). I also love seeing Princess Anne so happy. She smiles so rarely I wish she would always look as happy as today.

I love weddings... I wish this couple will be very happy together. :flowers:

P.S. Just noticed Prince Charles is looking rather tangerine as well. Too much sun or was it a hot day perhaps..?

Last edited:
I am also not extremly impressed by the dress. Especially the strapes are not ideally positioned. She has thick upper arms, which could have been hidden by a more sleevy dress.
Can´t really point to anything more -- it is more like it lacks the overall "wow" effect to me. Hard to describe, more like a feeling.
Nevertheless a happy bride with a glowing smile, and this is the most important anyway :flowers:.
Congrats to the Couple.
BYe Bine

The Royal Wedding of Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall | Royal Insight

Also, I am very surprised that The Duke of Edinburgh, The Duke of Rothesay, The Earl of Inverness and The Earl of Strathearn didn't wear kilts.

Does anybody know who Dolly Maude is? Because for being maid of honour, i've never heard of her.

Also, anyone have a picture of Lady Sarah Chatto?

my point is, not just the 'nude' trend, they seem practically the same make. My bet is on Christian Louboutin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite liked the dress, except for the trim on the bottom. It looks like they ran out of fabric and added a different type to make it do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the best man in some kind of brawl? One picture from Getty showed him with cuts and bruises above and below his left eye.

And...Andrew came back for this, clean shaved. For some reason, I hadn't expected that.

Also, I am very surprised that The Duke of Edinburgh, The Duke of Rothesay, The Earl of Inverness and The Earl of Strathearn didn't wear kilts.

William was never going to wear a kilt as he has never done so, certainly not since he was a very small child. He's just not interested in wearing kilts.

Also, Una from the Saturdays was at the wedding as she's dating one of the England rugby players I believe.

Perhaps I am very far off but Zara's wedding dress suddenly reminds me of that of Lady Rose Gilman. The style of the bodice and the straps at least does that to me. As well as the way the veil is positioned.

Last edited:

I love kilts so much I would've thrown one on the groom as well, Scottish or not. :lol: Maybe (probably) there's some etiquette issue why kilts were not worn that I'm not aware of.

Why does everyone have a bridal bouquet with just white flowers in it? Does anyone know what flowers Zara had in her bouquet? She could've had some nice Scottish flowers there.

I can only assume the reason for the lack of kilts is because the groom and his attendants chose not to wear kilts. I think had the wedding party been in kilts the royal family members who wear kilts would have followed suit. Either that or Zara and Mike preferred that morning dress be worn.

Certainly the younger members of the royal family have avoided kilts so far and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

So.... what a bride, beautifull and also Sophie looks nice!! ofcourse Catherine !!!
A very happy family seems to me.

Perhaps I am very far off but Zara's wedding dress suddenly reminds me of that of Lady Rose Gilman. The style at least does that to me.

Lady Rose's dress was much more flowy and less "tight" than Zara's. They do have the little shoulder pieces in common.

Why does everyone have a bridal bouquet with just white flowers in it? Does anyone know what flowers Zara had in her bouquet? She could've had some nice Scottish flowers there.

Calla lilies, from what I've looked at.

William was never going to wear a kilt as he has never done so, certainly not since he was a very small child. He's just not interested in wearing kilts.

Umm is that proved or your own opinion?
Well he has a scottish title, and one day will be King of Scotland all being well, he should get used to feeling a breeze IMO.

So ....lovely wedding but I will say the dress is a tad dissappointing, can't put my finger on way ....maybe because it's a bit plain .....Zara has always had a bit if zsa zsa zu which doesn't come off in this dress.....still lovely but not blown away

But that being said, she herself looks stunning and so happy for them both! Congrats!

I agree - the dress has a fitted bodice that directed attention to her hips and stomach. She is a fit athlete and in great shape but the dress's bodice did not flatter her figure.

I don't have a problem with white flowers at all, I'd much rather see white flowers than those (to me) dreaded red roses. Red roses with a white wedding dress - why, just why? That doesn't match at all in my eyes.

Lady Rose's dress was much more flowy and less "tight" than Zara's. They do have the little shoulder pieces in common.

I put an addition to my post, I suppose after you hit the Quote button ;)

Well he has a scottish title, and one day will be King of Scotland all being well, he should get used to feeling a breeze IMO.

A nice, little refreshing breeze between his..... I'll leave it at this :D

Umm is that proved or your own opinion?

Anyone who chooses to go to the Braemar Games, quite possibly the most Scottish event on the planet where just about every male is in a kilt, wearing a suit obviously has no intention of wearing a kilt anywhere. I think William will be middle aged before we see him in a kilt, if ever.

I am shocked by how traditional the bride's dress was! She looked wonderful- right up there with Kate.
The hats were horrible- the only one I liked was the Queen's and even that had too many feathers!

Back
Top Bottom