Zara Phillips & Mike Tindall's Wedding: July 30, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yuk! The back view of the veil is awful! :ohmy:

Mark Phillips face looks unusually red.

Zara looks beautiful. Can't wait to see when they exit the church.

I like the tiara and veil and her bouquet is gorgeous, the dress...meh I don't hate but neither do I love. It's a bit too simple up top IMO.

Bea-Fire your stylist she still hasn't gotten it right LOL

This is nowhere near the worst she's done, and I actually quite liked the look. It's perhaps a bit busy on the skirt, but when really looked at, it's got a bit of uniqueness to it without overpower everything. Eugenie is the one I take issue with (again) today. I'm hoping she'll grow up a little and into a more flattering style, and SOON!

That was my first thought as well, too much for Zara, she has an athelltic (can spell right now) body, it is too girly!!

That's exactly it. Zara is athletic, her style is far less feminine usually, so this just seems out of place.

Zara look beautiful :)
gorgeous bride :twohearts:

Yeah..........the Greek Key tiara, I was right for once in 3 years!! Zara looks really lovely. Sophie is best dressed guest to me so far. She has really looked gorgeous this summer!

So long as she doesn't fall off her heels!:ohmy:

I finally saw a picture of Prince Charles on the Daily Mail. Men sure don't get as many pictures taken of them. Of course they all look the same. Has anyone commented on their ties?

I think that she looked great. The dress was kind of plain, but she still looked beautiful nontheless. Loved the Tiara. Sophie & Kate were the best dressed there. In the last few weddings Sophie has really shined big time. I am really liking her style. The mother of the bride really needs a new stylist. Good Lord, the woman has no taste at all. She is OLD way before her time. She is not aging well at all. She always looks like an old granny all of the time. It is a shame. But, I do wish the couple all the best wishes. Though I think that they do have staying power. They have been together this long. This one will last. Harry the match Maker. I will say one thing for the groom he does need to get his nose fixed big time. It is very distracting, But zara loves him so that is all that matters. Still.............

Yeah..........the Greek Key tiara, I was right for once in 3 years!! Zara looks really lovely. Sophie is best dressed guest to me so far. She has really looked gorgeous this summer!

I agree,Sophie so far is best dress royal guest ;)
The color, the outfit and hat all is big hit and she with Edward looks amazing

I so wish we could watch the ceremony. Alas, I'll just have to wait till they all exit the church.

I know very little is known about this wedding, but any indication of what happens tonight? I'd assume there's a day reception directly after but is there a party tonight as well?

Zara looks lovely and the simplicity of the dress (no embellishment that I can see) matches that of the church, from the photos I've seen. The veil is a bit puffy, but not too bad. I like the cut of the bridesmaids' dresses, especially what looks like cap sleeves. Sophie has been spot on lately and today is no exception. Catherine's coat looks like the one she wore to Laura Parker-Bowles' wedding but it's hard to tell from behind.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-W2475PcNv...ra+Parker-Bowles+esk%C3%BCv%C5%91j%C3%A9n.jpg

Last edited:
All of you saying Zara is too athletic for a 'girly' look - if you can't look girly on your wedding day when can you? I know lots of girls, several of whom play ladies rugby for goodness sake, who love nothing more than looking as girly as possible on special occasions.

Zara looks very happy which, let's face it is the most important thing.

I think Zara looks beautiful and her bouquet is gorgeous. I don't like the bridesmaids dresses at all. They look like something that you would wear to a coctail party and not a wedding. Does anyone know who the bridesmaids are? One of them looked like her sister Stephanie....but I really couldn't tell. No pics of Autumn either. I thought she might have been a bridesmaid maybe.

Anne's ensemble was a surprise. She should wear interesting colours more often.

Was Prince Philip there? It looks as though the Queen arrivedalone and I haven't seen any pictures of him.

I think this is as simple a gown as you can get; no lace, no needlework, no bows or furbelows. The veil has no embroidery but cascades beautifully around and behind Zara. The entire look suits her very well. I was so hoping she'd wear the Meander tiara and am glad to see it again for such a momentous occasion. Congratulations to the happy couple!

I noticed that Beatrice isn't wearing earings, and I don't think Eugenie is either. Don't they have pierced ears?

I agree Sophie does look wonderful.

There is hope for Princess Anne. Back in the 80's the Queen wore really dreadful clothes and especially dreadful hats. She dressed too much like the Queen Mum. She has become more stylish as she aged. Maybe Princess Anne will as well.

Zara can get away with a statuesque dress, as well as yards and yards of tull.

That older bridesmaid smiles like Mike. Does the groom have a sister?

Although she's radiant I'm not liking the dress. I think it's the fabric, looks cheap and the flowers look more appropriate for a Winter wedding. I know she's not a lacey girly-girl but I was thinking she'd surprise us with a bit of lace. I thought she'd wear a corseted, strapless gown with small train and NOT cover her shoulders in true "rebel Zara" fashion. Something like Autumn's dress but without the lace bolero and those silly bows down the back. I was also hoping she'd dip in Granny's vault for a tiara.

The York girls look decent for them and Kate looks ok but the Best Dressed so far goes to Sophie! She's also tied for Best Hat with the lady in the big orange hat.

Last edited:
The maid of honour is Zara's friend Dolly Maud in a dove grey duchesse satin cocktail dress with a bell shaped skirt.

Zara's bridesmaids are Stephanie Phillips, Dolly's daughter Nell; Jaz Jocelyn (friend's daughter), Hope Balshaw, (best man's daughter).

The bridesmaids' dresses were designed by Sue Palmer. The page boy is Dolly's son Ted - Zara's godson - wearing a Balmoral tartan kilt

RoyalReporterRichard Palmer

Back
Top Bottom