The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Majesty

The Queen as a young woman was extremely pretty - in fact she was beautiful but I do think that people only see the old woman now and forget just how beautiful she was in the 40s and 50s (in her 20s and 30s).

Old 08-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The Queen as a young woman was extremely pretty - in fact she was beautiful but I do think that people only see the old woman now and forget just how beautiful she was in the 40s and 50s (in her 20s and 30s).
That is true, Elizabeth was a really beautiful young woman, as was Princess Margaret. It's a shame Elizabeth's children aren't quite as pretty/handsome as she was in her earlier years. Prince Edward's daughter looks incredibly like Queen Elizabeth so let's hope she'll be just as pretty as the Queen in her later years.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I think Elizabeth was pretty when she was young. Margaret was pretty, too. Her mother and father were not attractive. Charles is not attractive, I am being kind and never was, Anne, when she was younger wasn't bad in some pictures, but now she is a Hanover, through and through, which is no benefit. Andrew was a nice looking young man, as was his brother Edward. Not much, today, but we all fade. Harry is better looking than William, but William is fine. Looks somewhat like his mother, but, of course, she was lovely.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Heir Apparent

'Marriage? I will only ever do it once’ - Telegraph
Old 08-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Aww, Toytown is retiring. Not surprising, but a bit sad for Zara I am sure.
She and Toytown have been a team for ages.
Very insightful what Zara had to say about the press, and interesting to reflect on.
Zara is so not " the fairy- tale princess" I guess she leaves that to her cousins Beatrice and Eugenie.
She is a refreshing breath of fresh air!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic...the actual wedding of Zara and Mike.

Additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:16 AM
Royal Highness

Vote for the best headpiece at Zara & Mike's wedding

Royal Wedding: Vote for the best headpiece at Zara and Mike's wedding - hellomagazine.com
Old 08-03-2011, 06:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Touch choice between Catherine and Sophie but I chose Sophie, even if it has tentacles. It was lovely.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Courtier

I do agree Molly, Catherine and Sophie were the front runners. However I did rather like Linda Tindall's hat. Quite dainty and it suited her perfectly. HM also had a beautiful hat. I just loved the salmon shade.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Gentry

I voted for The Countess of Wessex - it was the first hat I saw at the wedding and I love the shape of it. Since it was so similar, I also liked The Duchess of Cambridge's hat but it loses points for me because it was so plain on the outside. I'm almost embarassed to say that I actually liked Katherine Kelly's hat (though I would say it was a tad too big.)
Old 08-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Nobility

I thought Zara looked lovely and I loved the tulle shoulder straps on her dress, and the long, bouffant veil was gorgeous. Personally, I'd have liked a slightly longer train.

I liked the colour of the Queen's and Princess Anne's outfits; Princess Beatrice's choice of outfit was a much better one than for William and Kate's wedding but think the hat looked too much like a satellite dish. Princess Eugenie looked beautiful in her chocolate and cream outfit.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Commoner

http://newspix.photoshelter.com/gall...00023UdsmAaUcE

I find Catherine, D of C's hat for the wedding very similar to one that Zara wore recently. Zara's had a much larger flower and was by Philip Treacy
Old 08-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Aristocracy

Have only just got back onto forums after long absence .
I loved Zara's dress, this has to be my favorite of all the recent " royal " dresses. The Countess of Wessex had the best hat IMO. I have said in a previous post how much I like her style, and admire her for not wanting to be "middle aged " yet ( she is 2 years younger than me , so you see my point !!! )
Old 08-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Gentry

how lovely to see the greek key tiara and zaras dress looked elegent and i think it worked for her nice pics in hello the dress looked victorian . well to me it did lol hope your all well
Old 08-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Courtier

I think that Zara wore the Greek Key Tiara better than her mother. That worked very well with her.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Administrator

They wanted a low-key wedding with as little pomp as possible – but the certificate confirming the marriage of Michael James Tindall and Zara Anne Elizabeth Phillips carries one hint of a Royal seal of approval.
For clearly marked on the certificate, shown here for the first time, is the bride’s mother’s ‘occupation’: HRH The Princess Royal.
It is the only clue to the bride’s family connection in an otherwise very down-to-earth wedding certificate.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Love that....Anne's occupation is to be Royal, thank you very much!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisiesforever View Post
I do agree Molly, Catherine and Sophie were the front runners. However I did rather like Linda Tindall's hat. Quite dainty and it suited her perfectly. HM also had a beautiful hat. I just loved the salmon shade.
Where is the photo of Linda Tindall?

The whole wedding reflected the bride and groom well ... simple and unfussy but nice. They looked so happy to finally become husband and wife.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's a photo of Mr. and Mrs. Tindall.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...GIR7uf11Il.jpg
Old 08-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Aristocracy

LOL! That is funny!

I wish we had gotten a few more pics of the back of the dress. The front is fully covered from many angles, but I would have liked to have seen the button detailing and chiffon sleeves in a few more close-ups.

Tags
mike tindall, wedding, zara phillips