The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
The dress is unflattering because Zara's arms are too thick for a sleeveless dress. She needs to hold her arms away from her body to avoid this look:

BBC News - In pictures: Zara Phillips wedding
She's not a model or an actress. She's a trained and toned athlete. This is what her arms look like- why should she have to hide them?

Old 07-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
Lovely! Thank you for posting these links. I love Catherine's smile.
She has a very lovely smile. It's contagious.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

Why is it a faux paus?
I saw two maybe three women wearing black today, even the bridesmaids wore white.
Here in the US at least you don't wear white- that color is reserved for the bride and bridesmaids if she wishes. Wearing white is a tad disrespectful as if you're trying to take attention from bride on her day (not saying Sarah doing that) just saying that's why it's considered a faux paus/rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS
People wear whatever color they want to, to weddings, today. Everyone can tell the bride from the guests.
They do but even though black is accepted nowadays wearing white is still considered a big no no .....of course nowadays few 'rules of manners' are adhered to anymore . It's not about being able to tell the bride apart, it's considered rude in polite society ....I am sure I'm not the only person who has heard this and knows you aren't suppose to wear white to a wedding....
Old 07-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

People wear whatever color they want to, to weddings, today. Everyone can tell the bride from the guests. I liked the gow, nothing special, but she looked very nice, the bottom is strange. It looks like they added materiaL, As if she grew taller or they made it too short. It doesn't add anything to the gown.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Courtier

I LOVED HER DRESS... Zara arriving at church, and then some as they are all leaving. The reporter says Zara will be keeping her own last name...???

‪Royal Wedding: Zara Phillips Weds Mike Tindall - part 2‬‏ - YouTube
Old 07-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen
my point is, not just the 'nude' trend, they seem practically the same make. My bet is on Christian Louboutin.
Catherine's are LK Bennet's. You might be right about the others ....let's look for the red sole :)

Edit- Sophie's aren't either as you can see the sole in the picture isn't red ...regardless I do wonder if they're the same make. Bea, Eug and Sophie all wore them before to an event but can't remember which (vaguely remember Windsor Chapel being involved-am I remembering correctly?) :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...nder-kiss.html
Old 07-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Courtier

See you all later-

- I'm going to rush out and buy some nude stillettos.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
These links just come up to main page w. sports pics
Autumn Phillips and Lady Sarah Chatto:
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/News...saphotos533856

Peter Phillips:
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/News...hotostwo950467
Old 07-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I read on her Wiki that she won't be taking her husbands last name.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
That is true - so no Mrs. Mike (or Michael) Tindall.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Gentry

Loved that Zara and Mike looked so happy and content.

Believe Zara looked lovely and the dress suited her. Very simple and not alot of fuss which suits her best. But do have an odd question on that weird band of fabric at the base of the skirt. It's distracting and looks like it was tacked on.

As guests go Sophie was outstanding, the winner of the guest list.
This year she has really brought her "A" game to royal events.

Catherine looked great (as usual) but it is a very typical look for her and somehow believe I've seen this before.
Bea, loved it from the waist up but I think those appliqued butterflies on the skirt were a bit much.
Eugenie, like it but somehow it seemed a bit too snug for her, but the look itself was good.
The Queen was pretty in pink and looked happy.
Anne, what can I say but she looked happy but have to parrot the line "bedjacket!".
The skirt (or dress) portion showing was good but that jacket...ick.
She has a great figure but dresses too frumpy and dull.
Need to see a full length pic of Autumn but the hat was outstanding.
Have to agree I'm a bit over the flying saucer with flowers and twig look that most
are sporting now.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

Not all women do. Some keep their maiden names, some hyphenate, some take their husband's name. It's all what the bride chooses to do, there's no wrong choice.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassary View Post
Need to see a full length pic of Autumn but the hat was outstanding.
The DM link on MRSJ's post just a few posts above this one has a great full length picture of Autumn. (Post 226)
Has anyone seen Lord and Lady Linley in any of these pictures?
Old 07-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassary View Post

Catherine looked great (as usual) but it is a very typical look for her and somehow believe I've seen this before.

She wore the same coat dress in 2006 to Laura Parker-Bowles's wedding. I was reading an article on the Daily Mail's website (so take it with a grain of salt) that she remarked to a friend that she knows times are tough, and that she's not going to be seen at every royal engagement wearing brand-new clothes. She also said she wasn't a fashion model. We've already seen her recycling plenty of outfits/shoes already, so it's nothing new. I actually like that she's conscious of things like that.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She's keeping her last name because of the equestrian events she competes in.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Here in the US at least you don't wear white- that color is reserved for the bride and bridesmaids if she wishes. Wearing white is a tad disrespectful as if you're trying to take attention from bride on her day (not saying Sarah doing that) just saying that's why it's considered a faux paus/rude

They do but even though black is accepted nowadays wearing white is still considered a big no no .....of course nowadays few 'rules of manners' are adhered to anymore . It's not about being able to tell the bride apart, it's considered rude in polite society ....I am sure I'm not the only person who has heard this and knows you aren't suppose to wear white to a wedding....
I think that rule went out the window about the time Princess Grace wore white to Princess Anne's first wedding in 1973.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've been to many a wedding here in the US, and seen all manner of folk wearing white, aside from the bride and her attendants. No one cared. As long as your breasts are hanging out, your butt isn't hanging out, and the dress isn't five sizes too small, what you wear to the wedding shouldn't be of importance to anyone but yourself.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
She's not a model or an actress. She's a trained and toned athlete. This is what her arms look like- why should she have to hide them?
Difference of opinion!

You make a fair point, and I don' want to argue about it. She looks lovely and I wish them the best. From a purely aesthetic point of view, there are many dress designs that would have emphasized her arms less and would have been more flattering.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

For some reason I thought she was going to change her name because,Zara Tindall sounds nice!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Prince William & Kate Attend Zara Phillips’ Wedding | Kate Middleton, Prince Harry, Prince William, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, Queen Elizabeth, Wedding Pictures : Just Jared

Royal Wedding: Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall emerge from the church as man and wife - hellomagazine.com

Tags
mike tindall, wedding, zara phillips