Princess Nathalie zu S-W-B and Alexander Johannsmann - 27 May 2010, 17-18 June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lumutqueen

Imperial Majesty
City
Middlewich
Country
United Kingdom
Nathalie and Alexander have already had a civil wedding

The 34-year old Danish born but German based Zu Saeyn-Wittgenstein and her partner Alexander Johannsmann were legally married shortly after their engagement was officially announced by the Danish Royal Court begin January 2010. Their church wedding will be next year

Euro Dressage News Notes

Thanks to Josette.

And she's pregnant. :)

That makes sense - now the baby will be legitimate, and they can still have a big wedding whenever they want.

There were different reports about the couple being already civily married. Anything known whether they are civily married now or not? The baby is due in July so it´s about time if she doesn´ t want to appear in front of the registrar at the last moment.

if they marry in Germany, i don't think there are going to be adult bridesmaid. That is not common over here.

Here is an german regional news paper article: Gütersloh: Der Hamlet aus Gütersloh | Neue Westfälische: Tageszeitung Gütersloh, Rheda-Wiedenbrück, Verl, Avenwedde, Isselhorst, Kaunitz, Rietberg, Herzebrock, Harsewinkel, Langenberg - Neue Westfälische - Gütersloh

it says that the couple knew each other for 4 years. Johannsmann is working in the truck company owned by his uncle. He is 32 years old.

But they are not married yet: GÜTERSLOH: Alexander Johannsmann und Prinzessin Nathalie werden demnächst heiraten | Neue Westfälische: Tageszeitung Gütersloh, Rheda-Wiedenbrück, Verl, Avenwedde, Isselhorst, Kaunitz, Rietberg, Herzebrock, Harsewinkel, Langenberg - Neue Westfälische

it says, that the groom told them, they are not married yet. But that there will be a civil wedding soon. The church wedding will be in 2011.
Johannsmann once was a carpenter and now works as a trucker in his uncle's company. His uncle Friedrich Johannsmann owns a company specialized in transporting horses.

Thank you for both your answers:flowers:

According to Billed Bladet Princess Nathalie and Alexandrer Johannsmamm get already married.
It was a private wedding with 12 guests followed by a privat dinner.

The couple married in a civil ceremony on May 27,2010 in a ceremony that took place in private in the Orangery in the park in Berleburg.

The expected church wedding is to take place in 2011.

Official announcment

So I'm confused, before yesterday's ceremony, were they not married?

Then the fact that they were apparently married in March is false.

Yes, the articles were false. Alexander confirmed a little while ago they were not yet married. But now it's official. The Danish Royal Court announced their civil wedding in a press release.

Josette

The following German article has a small version of the official
wedding picture.

** Alexander Johannsmann heiratet Prinzessin Nathalie **

Besides the basic facts about the couple, the article also says that
it's been the bride's wish to celebrate the civil wedding in the
"smallest circle". Only twelve people were present, including of course
the parents Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard, Jutta and Johann
Heinrich Mann. The mayor of Bad Berleburg officiated the wedding.
After the official act Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard hosted
a party at their house behind the castle and Richard Prince held a
short wedding speech.

Together with their Labrador retriever Alice (and later their baby :))
Princess Nathalie and John Alexander will move into an apartment on
the left wing of the castle. But right after the wedding they travelled
into a mini-honeymoon first.

From what I can see the dress looks very pretty.

Thanks for the article, Iceflower!
I found it interesting that they mentioned that the religious wedding will be in Bad Berleburg and that the Danish court is already arranging hotel rooms in the area.

Princess Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg & Alexander Johannsman; 18 June 2011

The date of their religious wedding has been announced

June 18th, 2011

Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

Princess Nathalie & Alexander's wedding: June 18, 2011

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #09, 2011.
Stort summerbryllup i Berleburg - Big summer-wedding in Berleburg.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

Princess nathalie and her Alexander will have their church-wedding in Berleburg, Saturday the 18. June at 17.00.
The wedding has been scheduled so that QMII and PH can return from an official visit to USA earlier that month. - So they are definetly expected to come.
So are M&F as they have a close relationship to the Berleburgs.

The wedding itself will take place in the town of Berleburg as the chapel at Schloss Berleburg simply isn't big enough for the more than 100 guests that are expected.
However the celebration afterwards will take place at the schloss.

As someone from the DRF has to stay at home, it's presumed that Joahim will be regent during the wedding.
Princess Benedikte is the mother of the bride, so she can't be regent.
The Greek royals are expected to attend as well.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #24, 2011.
Bliver gift i mormors brudeslør - Will be married in (maternal) grandmorther's bridal veil.
Written by Annelise Weimann.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig...n bliver prinsessebrylluppet i Berleburg.aspx

As you know the Berleburg wedding is getting closer and the schedule says:
Friday: The first guests arrive.
At 20.00 BBQ, for the guests who have arrived.

Saturday:
At 16.00 The guests arrive at the church.
At 17.00 The wedding takes place.
At 18.30 Reception.
At 20.00 Dinner and party.

Princess Nathalie will be married wearing the bridal veil worn by all Danish princesses since Queen Ingrid first used it in 1935. (*)
Prince Henrik will not go to the wedding, nor to a wedding in his own family on the same day. He will fly directly to China from California to promote Danish commerce.

QMII will fly by helicopter (**) to Berleburg Friday afternoon.
Mary and Frederik will drive to Berleburg Saturday, Frederik after all needs to come home from Japan and calibrate his compass first.

Almost 300 guests are invited to the wedding and the reception afterwards. Of those 200 will also take part in the dinner and the party afterwards.
A Danish butcher will be in charge of the BBQ and for those among you who couldn't make it to the wedding, this is what you'll miss: Grilled halibuts, scallops, huge shrimps on a spit, Danish beef tenderloin, marinaded pork filet, chickens on a spit and German bratwurst. To that you could have had salad something, green stuff...
A German catering firm will be in charge of the dinner after the wedding, there will be foie gras and four courses.
The guests are expected to dance their feet off, and inspired by a huge success at Joachim's wedding to la belle Marie, a typical Danish sausage stand will serve hungry guests who needs a midnight snack. (***)
The Danish cook, Martin Belli Jørgensen explains: "That's how it was at Prince Joachim and Princess Marie's wedding and everybody was so pleased about that. That's why Princess Benedikte and Princess Nathalie have requested the same here. So I'll make hotdogs for all. There should rather be enough of them, so I'll bring 900 Langeland Sausages with me to Berleburg".

(*) Was our Marie married in that veil?

(**) Not Marine One, but almost... Since the DRF and QMII in particular has grown fond of flying in a helicopter. Something she wasn't that thrilled with, with old Sikorsky's but the new EH-101 are much larger and more comfortable and IRRC QMII find them less noisy and more stable in flight.

(***) Such stands used to stand on every square in every DK city, luring people to forget all about calories, healthy living and diets: http://www.alexskaarup.dk/images/gufjr-vogn.jpg

(For those in the know: Have a look in "various").

Last edited:
(*) Was our Marie married in that veil?

No, but the 3 daughters and the 2 (religiously) married granddaughters of the late Queen Ingrid wore them. Crown Princess Mary also wore it. In addition to the veil, the married daughters and granddaughters of Queen Ingrid also wore the Khedive of Egypt's Cartier Tiara on their respective weddingdays.

From kronprinsparret.dk:

The Bridal Veil
The veil is of Irish lace which, with two pieces of lace bordering, a handkerchief and a fan, was a gift to the late Queen Ingrid's mother, Crown Princess Margret of Sweden. She had used the veil and the lace for her wedding in St. Georges Chapel, Windsor on 15 June 1905. Queen Ingrid also used these pieces (the wide and narrow lace on the train) for her own wedding in Storkyrkan (Stockholm Cathedral) in Stockholm on 24 May, 1935. Queen Anne-Marie used the veil and only the narrow lace on her gown for her wedding in Athens on 18 September 1964. Queen Margrethe also used the veil and only the wide lace on her gown for her wedding in Holmens Naval Church on 10 June 1967. Princess Benedikte used the veil and also the wide lace on her gown for her wedding in Fredensborg Place Chapel on 3 February 1968. The veil has since been worn by Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg on 6 June 1998 and by Princess Alexia of Greece, on 9 June 1999.

Last edited:
My guess is that Psss Nathalie also will wear the old laces, which both QMII, QA-M, Pss Benedikte, Pss Alexandra, Pss Alexia and CPss Mary wore on their wedding day(s) :)

I bet that she will wear both the old veil and the Khedive tiara, and I can hardly wait to see the first pictures.

I bet that she will wear both the old veil and the Khedive tiara, and I can hardly wait to see the first pictures.
Yes, me too :) Both the veil, the laces and the tiara - oh, bring on saturday :flowers:

TillaC.,
My bad! I did go back and read some more posts in this thread, and found the post which you were referring to!

Do Denmark and Germany share a common border?
Again, the best of luck to newlyweds and baby Konstantine!
Yes, the two countries do share a common border. And they chare a history of fighting over it. As a result, there are nowadays many Danes living in Northern Germany, as well as Germans living in Southern Danmark. Thankfully the two countries have now mastered the art of friendly co-existance :flowers:.

Just one more day! Here is my contribution to the festivities: I can't wait to complete this panel by adding Princess Nathalie:

For those who are new to this topic: All the female descendants of Queen Ingrid wore the same old lace veil together with the Khedive of Egypt tiara at their wedding day.

According to BB

Friday 17th June
The many guests who stay overnight in Berleburg, arrive during the day.
Kl. 20.00: Barbecue on the lawn by Natalie riding.

Saturday 18th June
Kl. 16.00: Wedding guests arrive to the church.
Kl. 17.00: A religious ceremony in Berleburg evangelical church.
Kl. 18.30: Reception in the courtyard.
Kl. 20.00: Wedding Dinner and party in a large tent at the arena.

I noticed somewhere that someone was wondering why Frederik is listed as Regent on the 17. June (today).
The explanation is of course clear now.

QMII leaves Danish territory sometime this afternoon and Frederik will have returned from Japan sometime early Friday.

So Frederik will be Regent until he and Mary leave for Berleburg sometime tomorrow.
At that point Joachim will take over as Rigsforstander.

Last edited:
Just one more day! Here is my contribution to the festivities: I can't wait to complete this panel by adding Princess Nathalie:

For those who are new to this topic: All the female descendants of Queen Ingrid wore the same old lace veil together with the Khedive of Egypt tiara at their wedding day.
Aren´t you forgetting CPss Mary? She also wore the veil, although she is not a descendant of QI, but then again she didn´t wore the tiara... :flowers:

I wonder if Prince Richard will show up to-day.
And what about her unfortunate Brother and his eternal fiancee?

I'm sure we'll see Prince Gustav at his sisters wedding.

Back
Top Bottom