Wedding of Prince Hamzah & Basmah Bani: January 12, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my humble opinion, I think the new Princess is lovely. :)

I did not see any of his sisters, why ??

Congratulations to PH , I am very happy for him ...
and if she is his choice then she is beautiful ..

I did not like the gown or the hair style , I know some girls do not care but I think in this day the bride should be in her best look .

so his little girl wasn't there ?

The bride is very beautiful, in my opinion. Not a huge fan of her dress, but it suits her.

Very curious as to why it was such a quick wedding. Perhaps they got engaged months before and it just wasn't announced until the day of the wedding? Also, is it traditional to be married in your grandfather's house? I don't know much about the Islamic religion, sorry!

That`s because her parents are living in Canada so her home is there.

I think the title of this thread needs changing please. The word Bani means Family or to some extent Tribe, so either change it to Bani Ahmed or To AL Atoum which is the name of the large Jordanian tribe she comes from, because as it is now it is wrong and doesn't make sense.

You are right :) I`ve already sent a PM to our mod Zonk. Hope she will correct it very soon.

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so nasty comments are really unnecessary:bang: she is lovely in my opinion

please read what queen noor has wrote on this occasion so touching :

Twitter

I think the title of this thread needs changing please. The word Bani means Family or to some extent Tribe, so either change it to Bani Ahmed or To AL Atoum which is the name of the large Jordanian tribe she comes from, because as it is now it is wrong and doesn't make sense.

But she is referred to Basmah Bani.

Last edited:
Bani is not a name .. it means the sons/daughters of "X". Her name is Basmah bani Ahmad & AL Atoum is her tribe name.

Bani is not a name .. it means the sons/daughters of "X". Her name is Basmah bani Ahmad & AL Atoum is her tribe name.

Her name actually isn't Basmah Bani because her fathers name is Mahmoud Hassan Bani Ahmed.
Sorry but bin/bint is referred to son/daughter.
If you read the articles, her fathers name does not include Bani after his first name & surname, its included towards the end. Also the article mentions "the Al Bani Ahmed family" that can't mean the son of Ahmed family :)
Also another indicator is that the spelling of the 'bin" son of in Prince Hamzah's name and the spelling in Basmah's name.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm really surprised about this news! Congratulations the happy couple! :flowers:

I don't find Basmah ugly at all, rather the opposite. She doesn't seem to be a woman who's mad about fashion and make up and I actually like the idea of Prince Hamzah falling in love with a woman because of her character instead of marrying a "doll" who may look beautiful but has no brains. Basmah appears as a serious and nice young woman with an interesting job, IMO. But that's just the first impression, we'll have to wait and see for more.

I must admit that I find the fashion sense in North Africa/Arabian Countries a bit over the top and kitschy sometimes, so I'm not crazy about this dress, but it's not a bad dress and I think the pink shade is pretty for her. :flowers:

Last edited:
Congratualtions for the couples but sorry guys the bride is ugly indeed IMO. This is normal becuase most of the Jordanian girls are not beautiful as Palestinian, Syerian and Lebanes girls. :D

I totally disagree. I've seen stunning and very beautiful Jordanian women (and very handsome Jordanian men). :)

Sorry but bin/bint is referred to son/daughter.
If you read the articles, her fathers name does not include Bani after his first name & surname, its included towards the end. Also the article mentions "the Al Bani Ahmed family" that can't mean the son of Ahmed family :)
Also another indicator is that the spelling of the 'bin" son of in Prince Hamzah's name and the spelling in Basmah's name.
I have never heard of Bani as son/daughter of in Arabic unless the Middle East and Gulf is different.

Part of petra`s article :
In the presence of His Majesty King Abdullah II Ibn Al Hussein, His Royal Highness Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein was married to Her Royal Highness Princess Basma, the daughter of Mahmoud Hassan Bani Ahmad Otoum.
Mahmoud >father name
Hassan > grandfather name
Bani Ahmad > family name
Bani Ahmad family is part of Otoum tribe. Bani is usually used to refer to a group of people who are part of a bigger group (tribe) like bani Hashem for the Hashemites who are part of Quraish tribe.

Last edited:
For her name spelling check the internet .. like this article
CHIEF PILOT
BASMAH Bani Ahmad believes aviation is a great career for women. Why? “We have many advantages as women, we multi-task with ease and are very usually studious,” Basmah tells Aviator. “My advice is to stay physically fit, exercise, eat healthy and maybe even play a few video games every once in a while. Hand-eye coordination is important in aviation and we tend to not focus on developing those skills.”

Now chief pilot at the Royal Aero Sports Club of Jordan, Basmah seven years ago became her country’s first qualified female glider pilot, and recently earned the honour of being Jordan’s first female aerobatics pilot.

Last edited:
I totally disagree. I've seen stunning and very beautiful Jordanian women (and very handsome Jordanian men). :)

And I respect that you disagree, but if you read my post carefully you would not say that because I wrote MOST means there are beautiful Jordanian women and handsome Jordanian men indeed, but the majority are not. There is nothing wrong with being not beautiful.

Last edited:
I don't follow the whole family much, is this his second marriage?

I don't follow the whole family much, is this his second marriage?

Yes it's Prince Hamzah's second marriage. Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor divorced in 2009, the couple have a daughter together.

Princess Bassmah - Her Royal High-ness

Jordan's Captain Bassmah Bani Ahmad, the Arab world's first female aerobatic pilot, former instructor with Ayla aviation academy and chief pilot at the Royal Aero Sports Club, yesterday became a real Royal Jordanian pilot without being involved with the airline as she married His Royal Highness Prince Hamzah Al Hussain.

NGalitzine, in my opinion, I think she has not been created a princess in her own right, probably she simply got the title by marrying him and,

Adamari, I think she probably gave up his Canadian citinzenship (well, in my opinion it has no sense being a Royal Princess of Jordan and having any other citizenship. Now she is a Canadian born, the same Queen Noor is an American born) Well, this is just my opinion, but I'm not sure how these things work...

Queen Noor had to give up her American citizenship when she married the King. She has not petitioned for reinstatement and remains Jordanian.

I wonder if we're going to see a reception from the groom's side of the family in the coming days, as is customary.

I wonder if we're going to see a reception from the groom's side of the family in the coming days, as is customary.

Does the ceremony happen around the sometime/days of the wedding or do they have to wait for the more bigger wedding? (Hamzah had his big wedding a year later of signing the marriage papers)

well according to the statement it is Zifaf (wedding ) and nikah ( signing of marriage contract ) so do not think more events to take place

well according to the statement it is Zifaf (wedding ) and nikah ( signing of marriage contract ) so do not think more events to take place

But doesn't a bigger ceremony/party take place for family and friends?

I did not see any of his sisters, why ??

That's true... I read somewhere some of the members of the Royal family attended the wedding but in the pictures we just can see Queen Noor, Queen Rania, King Abdullah and Prince Hashim. Where are Prince Hamzah's sisters? I'd like to see them...

Does the ceremony happen around the sometime/days of the wedding or do they have to wait for the more bigger wedding? (Hamzah had his big wedding a year later of signing the marriage papers)

If I'm not mistaken, last time they waited so long because the couple were still busy wrapping up their studies.

The length of time between the private and public reception does vary from couple to couple. Prince Feisal and Princess Sara's reception took place a few months after the religious wedding.

Hamzah marriage ceremony attended by royals and other guest was cause of his position as CP ; I think he does not need celebrations maybe family one took place ; but as mentioned the statement mentioned Zifaf and not tie not only . As for family please note that Bani in Jordan means referring to big tribe so her family " Bani Ahmad " you can find also Bani Hani for example referring to another tribe .

Back
Top Bottom