Wedding of Prince Hamzah & Basmah Bani: January 12, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW, they're quick, I was waiting for an engagement first. Anyway, congratulations to them :flowers: I hope he finally will find happiness. bride look beautiful, I love the veil.

i like her wedding costume
she has very beautiful eyes

WOW!!! already a wedding?
that was fast:)
the bride looks so nice in her pink wedding dress i like it.
congratulations to them.

Thank you Xavi83!

It certainly gives an idea on how they met...as a result of this organization.

Last edited:
:) Great video xavi thanks! princess basma sounds passionate about the club. i think this is great they have such a common intrest and shes professional in something. i know shes a pilot but wonder if she got theis place in the club before her relationship with the prince :ermm: .

It will be interesting to learn more about her. She has a very nice speaking voice and is very confident as a spokesperson. Yay!!!

heres a video very bad but people from out side i think wedding maby not but some1 traslate because i hear them pointing out queen noor/rania. lol sorry if its about somethin else :whistling:

well I respect your opinion but Beauty is never connected to nationality of a girl I know Jordanian girls much more beautiful than rania , zaina , sarah and Gahida ; do not forget all of mentioned including queen noor were so ordinary looking but with finance when became princesses they are what they are now ,

I agree with you xavi ... they both look nice & happy!!! .. I`m so happy for them. I like princess Basmah`s dress !!! v.simple & chike.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Amman, Jan. 12 (Petra)--In the presence of His Majesty King Abdullah II Ibn Al Hussein, His Royal Highness Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein was engaged to Her Royal Highness Princess Basma, the daughter of Mahmoud Hassan Bani Ahmad Otoum.

Last edited:
The bride´s outfit is ugly.

The bride looks a bit older than 26 years old, not a fan of her outfit at all. Wish them all the best.
I agree; IMHO, she looks ten years older than she is and is not as beautiful as Princess Noor bint Assem.

Anyway, congrats.

As for Noor, I hope she also finds new love soon!:flowers:

I think the bride looks fantastic,I think she will be a great addition to the family and I hazard to guess that she will surprise all the naysayers and be as much of a princess as all the previous Jordanian brides have been , she is Canadian after all!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
The bride´s outfit is ugly.

Yes it's ugly indeed. I did not like her hair as well, she should have done something else with her hair instead for putting all together. :flowers:

I think the bride looks fantastic,I think she will be a great addition to the family and I hazard to guess that she will surprise all the naysayers and be as much of a princess as all the previous Jordanian brides have been , she is Canadian after all!!!!!!!!!!

Oh really ?? she is Canadian ?? I did not know that I thought she is Jordanian who lived in Canada. Was she born in Canada ??:flowers:

Yes she was born in Canada ( at least that is what I read as her father came to Canada when he was 18),and for the record even if she was born in Jordan and came to live in Canada and is a citizen than she is Canadian 100%.Everyone in Canada (except our aboriginal population) came from somewhere else and we are now all Canadian.

heres a video very bad but people from out side i think wedding maby not but some1 traslate because i hear them pointing out queen noor/rania. lol sorry if its about somethin else :whistling:

This video is about what is known as Jaha, it is when the groom to be takes his family and friends and relatives ( mainly men only ) with him and go to the bride's to be house to formally ask for her hand in marriage. In this case Hamzah took King Abdallah and the rest of the family as well as his mother Queen Noor and Q Rania and many more.

The people were shouting long live our great King, and some were saying this is Queen Noor and this is Queen Rania and also mabrook wich means congratulations.

Hope this help.

Last edited:
Yes she was born in Canada ( at least that is what I read as her father came to Canada when he was 18),and for the record even if she was born in Jordan and came to live in Canada and is a citizen than she is Canadian 100%.Everyone in Canada (except our aboriginal population) came from somewhere else and we are now all Canadian.

Did she give up her Canadian citizenship upon marrying Hamzah? This is important, because if she still has it then the Canadian government could prevent her from being known as Princess Basma until she does. Canada's 1919 Nickle Resolution forbids any Canadian citizen from accepting a title from a foreign country, and that would include a royal one.

Canadian titles debate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Canadian government has apparently been inconsistent in its application of this resolution, but former prime minister Jean Chretien imposed it in the late 1999s on Conrad Black to prevent the media baron from accepting a British peerage and sitting in the UK House of Lords while still a Canadian. Black gave up his Canadian citizenship in order to join the British aristocracy.

This is the first instance I've heard of a Canadian receiving a royal title, so who knows how the government will respond. Just something the folks in Jordan should be aware of (assuming she didn't renounce her Canadian citizenship).

Has she been created a princess in her own right? Otherwise she is simply a princess by virtue of being married to a prince which would put her in the same position as the Countess of St Andrews and the current Countess Spencer, 2 Canadian girls who married titled men Titled as the wife of someone who has a title, but not personally having a title of their own.
Either way I doubt the Canadian government would object

You are right Adamari but I believe that in practice the Canadian Government does nothing about it as they simply don't recognize it.They also have the right to choose to give exceptions to the rule.I can assure you that if Prince William had wanted to marry a Canadian woman the government would have granted her an exception.

The Canadian government objects to the granting of titles to Canadians, not to acquiring one by marriage or by inheritance.

This video is about what is known as Jaha, it is when the groom to be takes his family and friends and relatives ( mainly men only ) with him and go to the bride's to be house to formally ask for her hand in marriage. In this case Hamzah took King Abdallah and the rest of the family as well as his mother Queen Noor and Q Rania and many more.

The people were shouting long live our great King, and some were saying this is Queen Noor and this is Queen Rania and also mabrook wich means congratulations.

Hope this help.

Thank you very much for the translation!

Well, there goes my opinion: I agree Princess Basmah looks a little bit older than she is and her dress, although it has beautiful details, is "too pink" for me... I realized also Princess Noor wore pink when she married Hamzah...
I think Princess Basmah is much better "in live": I mean, in the video she looks great, so self-confident and professional, better than in the pictures... In my humble opinion, Princess Noor is more beautiful but she is nice, too and what I like the most is Hamzah! In the picture where King Abdullah is signing, Hamzah is looking at her smiling and also in the picture with Prince Hashim. Hamzah looks at her just smiling and he seems so relaxed and happy. And these are the best news: that he seems to feel really happy and proud... As many of you know, I love Prince Hamzah! So I wish them the best! (what a fortunate girl, she is!!!) :flowers:

I don't understand why some think the new Princess is not attractive. She looks very much like another recent royal bride that everyone thinks is beautiful. I don't get it.

Another thing that is somewhat startling is that the King and Prince appear to be wearing gold wedding rings. I thought the Qu'ran prohibited men from wearing gold. Can someone explain this to me. Perhaps it is just the photograph.

KittyAtlanta, which is the other recent royal bride that everyone thinks is beautiful? Sorry, but now it's me who don't get it. Do you mean Princess Zeina?

I had no idea what you say about Qu'ran's prohibition... Is that true? Can anyone explain that? I am curious...

Has she been created a princess in her own right? Otherwise she is simply a princess by virtue of being married to a prince which would put her in the same position as the Countess of St Andrews and the current Countess Spencer, 2 Canadian girls who married titled men Titled as the wife of someone who has a title, but not personally having a title of their own.
Either way I doubt the Canadian government would object

NGalitzine, in my opinion, I think she has not been created a princess in her own right, probably she simply got the title by marrying him and,

Adamari, I think she probably gave up his Canadian citinzenship (well, in my opinion it has no sense being a Royal Princess of Jordan and having any other citizenship. Now she is a Canadian born, the same Queen Noor is an American born) Well, this is just my opinion, but I'm not sure how these things work...

According to Islam teachings Muslim men are not allowed to wear gold .. they can use rings of silver or any other king of metal but some very religious Muslims prefer to not use any ring for marriage.

I think the title of this thread needs changing please. The word Bani means Family or to some extent Tribe, so either change it to Bani Ahmed or To AL Atoum which is the name of the large Jordanian tribe she comes from, because as it is now it is wrong and doesn't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom