Wedding of Prince Hamzah & Basmah Bani: January 12, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I'm not mistaken, last time they waited so long because the couple were still busy wrapping up their studies.

The length of time between the private and public reception does vary from couple to couple. Prince Feisal and Princess Sara's reception took place a few months after the religious wedding.
:previous:
I agree with xavi .. I don't think they are planning for a celebration because according to Petra the lunch Banquet was for their wedding.

Hamzah marriage ceremony attended by royals and other guest was cause of his position as CP ; I think he does not need celebrations maybe family one took place ; but as mentioned the statement mentioned Zifaf and not tie not only . As for family please note that Bani in Jordan means referring to big tribe so her family " Bani Ahmad " you can find also Bani Hani for example referring to another tribe .

I agree with you... Probably, when Hamzah married for the first time, they did a big celebration because he was the CP by then and now, probably they have preferred something more private... It makes sense to me. I don't see Hamzah making a celebration again as the first one...

she's beautiful but not extremely beautiful any way guess prince Hamza is not the type of any typical eastern man who always prioritize beauty over personality in his future wife
that's what I've noticed in the choice of king Hussein's sons when it comes to finding the good wife they pick some of everything beauty brain personality eloquent confident modesty lovable girls they just don't focus on extreme beauty

Queen Noor had to give up her American citizenship when she married the King. She has not petitioned for reinstatement and remains Jordanian.

No dear. There is noway for an American born to give up her citizen. Not even the American government or the American President can take away the American citizen for an American born. I don't know where you heard this but I am positive that it is not true that Queen Noor gave up her American citizen. :flowers:

Hamzah marriage ceremony attended by royals and other guest was cause of his position as CP ; I think he does not need celebrations maybe family one took place ; but as mentioned the statement mentioned Zifaf and not tie not only . As for family please note that Bani in Jordan means referring to big tribe so her family " Bani Ahmad " you can find also Bani Hani for example referring to another tribe .

I say they are not planning for a celebration because of what is going on the region. :flowers:

girls there is a channel Zwena Baldna had put a video of the ceremony where the King signed and drank coffeee then kissed Hamzah ; then pics of lunch where I saw king , Hamzah , father and grandfather of basma receiving guests , no pics of women at all

Xavi,
Do u know at what time they will show it again?

no but it was posted at 9:55 see tomorrow at same time ; you must see how he gave her the ring ; he said something that she truly laughed obviously they were as if no camera is there

She looks great! It's a mistake that she's born 1985. She's 32 years old.

no but it was posted at 9:55 see tomorrow at same time ; you must see how he gave her the ring ; he said something that she truly laughed obviously they were as if no camera is there

I watched the video!!!!! very nice :flowers::flowers::flowers:
You are right about PH xavi :lol: .. they both look soooooooo happy.

She looks great! It's a mistake that she's born 1985. She's 32 years old.
Seriously??? This makes more sense by the way, she looks nothing like 26 and if you think about it, if she graduated from Undergrad (Business) when she was 22 and she trained for another 2 years and has been in Jordan at JRA for 7 years, that makes her 32! You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

Seriously??? This makes more sense by the way, she looks nothing like 26 and if you think about it, if she graduated from Undergrad (Business) when she was 22 and she trained for another 2 years and has been in Jordan at JRA for 7 years, that makes her 32! You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

That means she is in PH`s age or maybe one year or less older than him. But why in all the news sites her age is 26 ?????

That means she is in PH`s age or maybe one year or less older than him. But why in all the news sites her age is 26 ?????
The online news in Jordan are not always trusted resources to be honest, they can easily make stuff up and publish news based on something they HEARD from X or Y (perhaps from her tribe), She can't be 26, given her long experience in the Aviation industry, I will try and get you the right info, I just need some time ;)

Wow! I would have liked so much to see that video... You're lucky! :flowers:

She should; after so long a stay in Jordan? And her parents were born and raised there, so in their family home (in Canada) they spoke Arabic, I suppose. She has to be billingual, like Hamzah.

queen noor said in her account on twitter that they celebrated in special party for their families ..... So plz i wanna more pictures

very nice article how they met ! it says it was only before 3 months when Basma came to participate in air show in WADI Rum and it says that during lunch the prince served his guests !!
http://www.alquds.co.uk/index.asp?fname=online\data\2012-01-16-15-44-48.htm

I do not undertand... Do you mean that they met 3 months before the wedding? I thought they had met each other four years ago or so... But they meet again three months ago... What does the article say exactly? God, I wish I would understand Arabic!!!!! I feel very stupid looking at the article, wanting to understand everything and I cannot! Thanks so much for the information, xavi83! Many, many thanks!

She should; after so long a stay in Jordan? And her parents were born and raised there, so in their family home (in Canada) they spoke Arabic, I suppose. She has to be billingual, like Hamzah.

I agree with you, she should. But it doesn't mean that she does. Maybe she understands Arabic but she doesn't speak it. I do not know, as we can see in members of the JRF, living for years in Jordan is not always a guarantee of being fluent in Arabic. And this is something that I have never understood!

I don´t understand it too, Kleio. But seems that workers and nannies speak to children in English, therefore some princes and princesses do not speak a fluent arabic.

Finally, how old is Basma?

I don´t understand it too, Kleio. But seems that workers and nannies speak to children in English, therefore some princes and princesses do not speak a fluent arabic.

Finally, how old is Basma?

Salma some people say that she is 25 years old, while some other say that she is 32 years old. For me she looks 32 not 25, she looks older than hamza :flowers: No one knows how old she is.

I've read everywhere that she was born in 1985. It means she's 26... And I think it's possible even if she looks older...

I do not undertand... Do you mean that they met 3 months before the wedding? I thought they had met each other four years ago or so... But they meet again three months ago... What does the article say exactly? God, I wish I would understand Arabic!!!!! I feel very stupid looking at the article, wanting to understand everything and I cannot! Thanks so much for the information, xavi83! Many, many thanks!

welcome you can use google translate for more data

Alquds Alarabi newspaper is a reliable source ,but unfortunately not always right about Jordan. Anyway, Xavi translated the new points .. According to this article Basmah`s age is not more than 25 & she met PH 3 months ago when they participated together in a private air show took place in Wasdi Rum .. during the royal lunch the prince served his guests .. Basmah is the first royal bride descended from a well known Jordanian tribe since 40 years ago (not accurate cuz P. Mo married Taghreed Almajali on June 1981 -30 to 31 years ago).. their marriage was a great political & social massage to the nation which appears immediately in thousands of congrats thru social media... the ceremony was simple & took place in her grandfather`s small villa ... the rest of the article is copy/paste for the previous press reports.

Last edited:
Alquds Alarabi newspaper is a reliable source ,but unfortunately not always right about Jordan. Anyway, Xavi translated the new points .. According to this article Basmah`s age is not more than 25 & she met PH 3 months ago when they participated together in a private air show took place in Wasdi Rum .. during the royal lunch the prince served his guests .. Basmah is the first royal bride descended from a well known Jordanian tribe since 40 years ago (not accurate cuz P. Mo married Taghreed Almajali on June 1981 -30 to 31 years ago).. their marriage was a great political & social massage to the nation which appears immediately in thousands of congrats thru social media... the ceremony was simple & took place in her grandfather`s small villa ... the rest of the article is copy/paste for the previous press reports.

Many, many thanks for the translation, Rossina! Do you really believe that they met each other just three months ago?... That's what I call a marriage-express! I would like to think that they met each other before...
I'm glad to see Jordanian people are happy with the marriage!

I've read everywhere that she was born in 1985. It means she's 26... And I think it's possible even if she looks older...
Perhaps someday Petra or Hamzah´s site will publish an official bio.

Back
Top Bottom