The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Commoner

In my humble opinion, I think the new Princess is lovely.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Serene Highness

I did not see any of his sisters, why ??

Old 01-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to PH , I am very happy for him ...
and if she is his choice then she is beautiful ..

I did not like the gown or the hair style , I know some girls do not care but I think in this day the bride should be in her best look .

so his little girl wasn't there ?
Old 01-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Commoner

The bride is very beautiful, in my opinion. Not a huge fan of her dress, but it suits her.

Very curious as to why it was such a quick wedding. Perhaps they got engaged months before and it just wasn't announced until the day of the wedding? Also, is it traditional to be married in your grandfather's house? I don't know much about the Islamic religion, sorry!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

That`s because her parents are living in Canada so her home is there.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:42 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaweer View Post
I think the title of this thread needs changing please. The word Bani means Family or to some extent Tribe, so either change it to Bani Ahmed or To AL Atoum which is the name of the large Jordanian tribe she comes from, because as it is now it is wrong and doesn't make sense.
You are right I`ve already sent a PM to our mod Zonk. Hope she will correct it very soon.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:16 AM
Royal Highness

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so nasty comments are really unnecessary she is lovely in my opinion
Old 01-13-2012, 03:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

please read what queen noor has wrote on this occasion so touching :

Twitter
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 01-13-2012, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaweer View Post
I think the title of this thread needs changing please. The word Bani means Family or to some extent Tribe, so either change it to Bani Ahmed or To AL Atoum which is the name of the large Jordanian tribe she comes from, because as it is now it is wrong and doesn't make sense.
But she is referred to Basmah Bani.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:23 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Bani is not a name .. it means the sons/daughters of "X". Her name is Basmah bani Ahmad & AL Atoum is her tribe name.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
Bani is not a name .. it means the sons/daughters of "X". Her name is Basmah bani Ahmad & AL Atoum is her tribe name.
Her name actually isn't Basmah Bani because her fathers name is Mahmoud Hassan Bani Ahmed.
Sorry but bin/bint is referred to son/daughter.
If you read the articles, her fathers name does not include Bani after his first name & surname, its included towards the end. Also the article mentions "the Al Bani Ahmed family" that can't mean the son of Ahmed family
Also another indicator is that the spelling of the 'bin" son of in Prince Hamzah's name and the spelling in Basmah's name.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:48 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Wow, I'm really surprised about this news! Congratulations the happy couple!

I don't find Basmah ugly at all, rather the opposite. She doesn't seem to be a woman who's mad about fashion and make up and I actually like the idea of Prince Hamzah falling in love with a woman because of her character instead of marrying a "doll" who may look beautiful but has no brains. Basmah appears as a serious and nice young woman with an interesting job, IMO. But that's just the first impression, we'll have to wait and see for more.

I must admit that I find the fashion sense in North Africa/Arabian Countries a bit over the top and kitschy sometimes, so I'm not crazy about this dress, but it's not a bad dress and I think the pink shade is pretty for her.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:50 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
Congratualtions for the couples but sorry guys the bride is ugly indeed IMO. This is normal becuase most of the Jordanian girls are not beautiful as Palestinian, Syerian and Lebanes girls.
I totally disagree. I've seen stunning and very beautiful Jordanian women (and very handsome Jordanian men).
Old 01-13-2012, 05:50 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Sorry but bin/bint is referred to son/daughter.
If you read the articles, her fathers name does not include Bani after his first name & surname, its included towards the end. Also the article mentions "the Al Bani Ahmed family" that can't mean the son of Ahmed family
Also another indicator is that the spelling of the 'bin" son of in Prince Hamzah's name and the spelling in Basmah's name.
I have never heard of Bani as son/daughter of in Arabic unless the Middle East and Gulf is different.
Part of petra`s article :
Quote:
In the presence of His Majesty King Abdullah II Ibn Al Hussein, His Royal Highness Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein was married to Her Royal Highness Princess Basma, the daughter of Mahmoud Hassan Bani Ahmad Otoum.
Mahmoud >father name
Hassan > grandfather name
Bani Ahmad > family name
Bani Ahmad family is part of Otoum tribe. Bani is usually used to refer to a group of people who are part of a bigger group (tribe) like bani Hashem for the Hashemites who are part of Quraish tribe.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:08 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

For her name spelling check the internet .. like this article
Quote:
CHIEF PILOT
BASMAH Bani Ahmad believes aviation is a great career for women. Why? “We have many advantages as women, we multi-task with ease and are very usually studious,” Basmah tells Aviator. “My advice is to stay physically fit, exercise, eat healthy and maybe even play a few video games every once in a while. Hand-eye coordination is important in aviation and we tend to not focus on developing those skills.”

Now chief pilot at the Royal Aero Sports Club of Jordan, Basmah seven years ago became her country’s first qualified female glider pilot, and recently earned the honour of being Jordan’s first female aerobatics pilot.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:47 AM
Aristocracy

pics from the day
http://petra.gov.jo/Public_PhotoGall...=2&class=Today

Hola link
Rania de Jordania 'tuitea' el compromiso del príncipe Hamzah y la princesa Basmah: | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
Old 01-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
I totally disagree. I've seen stunning and very beautiful Jordanian women (and very handsome Jordanian men).
And I respect that you disagree, but if you read my post carefully you would not say that because I wrote MOST means there are beautiful Jordanian women and handsome Jordanian men indeed, but the majority are not. There is nothing wrong with being not beautiful.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Royal Highness

Photos,

Le prince Hamzah a épousé la princesse Basma Bani devant Noor, Rania et Abdullah

Quote:
Wedding of Prince Hamzah of Jordan, son of Queen Noor, with Basma Bani
http://www.hola.com/realeza/20120113...jordania-boda/

http://translate.google.com.tr/trans...oda%2F&act=url
Old 01-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Courtier

I don't follow the whole family much, is this his second marriage?
Old 01-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
I don't follow the whole family much, is this his second marriage?
Yes it's Prince Hamzah's second marriage. Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor divorced in 2009, the couple have a daughter together.