Wedding of Prince Hamzah & Basmah Bani: January 12, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
I have heard the rumour Prince Hamzah married for political reasons before, but no one really explained what those reasons are. I'd really appreciate if you did. :)
From what I see Hamzah could have gained a lot more from marrying a number of other women.

:flowers::flowers:right political he should have married a Palestinia or a girl from Tunis or Egypt.He already married a Jordanian the first time. People would see Prince as on the side of revolutions and change. He would also win the respect of Islamic leaders which have big part. Princess Basmah is not what we expected and changing her too with a hijjab is bad becuz ito late we have seen and know she is very different.He cannot make her look more religius or be more Jordanian if she is very Canadian.Really Prince Hamzah is trying to make something work okay from a bad situation. I heard it is political marriage but many say it was a wrong choice for Prince right now.Goodluck to them

Yes , Prince Hamzah and Princess Basmah not marry for love is decision Prince Hamzah took from King Abdullah because people in jordan too much comment that why ladies in Jordan royal family all not jordanian except Princess Taghreed Majali who family origin say from jordan but is from Hebron , I not sure where from jordan but Majali is orgin from Palestine :)
So , Prince Hamzah marry Princess Basmah to make jordan people increase popularity for him and to say is Prince Hamzah only Prince marry jordanian not because he love Princess Basmah and all Jordan royal members know how make their self smile from outside like is true.

Last edited:
Yes , Prince Hamzah and Princess Basmah not marry for love is decision Prince Hamzah took from King Abdullah because people in jordan too much comment that why ladies in Jordan royal family all not jordanian except Princess Taghreed Majali who family origin say from jordan but is from Nablus , I not sure where from jordan but Majali is orgin from Palestine :)
So , Prince Hamzah marry Princess Basmah to make jordan people increase popularity for him and to say is Prince Hamzah only Prince marry jordanian not because he love Princess Basmah and all Jordan royal members know how make their self smile from outside like is true.

He married Noor who was Jordanian!
it's disrespectful to Basmah that Hamzah needs to change rather than admit she is not suitable.You don't marry a person who shares a hobby, and thats it. If a woman used marriage for mere political gain she would insulted by society. But Hamzah can do that?People won't be stupid, I am sure the king had nothing to do with this because Hamzah was already marrying someone else and if everyone knew they would dislike Hamzah and the way the royals marry. I don't dislike Basmah what I don't like is Prince Hamzah marrying a girl who is outgoing, not conservative, canadian and works as a pilot as his employee, then he veils her and makes her not work and imposes her as a Jordanian etc and has done nothing but make try change her into something she isn't.he clearly saw very little in her. he obviously only sees himself and she is keen to get what she wants

Can"t we just observe and follow along without being judgemental. As life unfolds we will have a much better understanding of what is correct.

Not judgements but these are facts. There is a whole lot more I can say about public opinion :whistling:
this marriage comes at a sensative time in JRF and politics. if it was before i think many would ignored it as it is the 2nd marriage.

He married Noor who was Jordanian!
it's disrespectful to Basmah that Hamzah needs to change rather than admit she is not suitable.You don't marry a person who shares a hobby, and thats it. If a woman used marriage for mere political gain she would insulted by society. But Hamzah can do that?People won't be stupid, I am sure the king had nothing to do with this because Hamzah was already marrying someone else and if everyone knew they would dislike Hamzah and the way the royals marry. I don't dislike Basmah what I don't like is Prince Hamzah marrying a girl who is outgoing, not conservative, canadian and works as a pilot as his employee, then he veils her and makes her not work and imposes her as a Jordanian etc and has done nothing but make try change her into something she isn't.he clearly saw very little in her. he obviously only sees himself and she is keen to get what she wants
Princess Noor's father from Ottoman's or Turkish origin :)

Last edited:
:ermm: Wow you guys your comments and the way you analyzed this marriage made me take my pink sunglasses off and see the whole thing from a different perspective!
But if Prince Hamzah wanted to get married to:
A) A 100% Jordanian girl from a well-known family.
B) Enjoys a somewhat religious appearance.
I think he would find 200 girls who are qualified for this mission! Instead of marrying this westernized lady and then make her appear wearing a veil in not the best way, in fact this way of wearing veil make me think of another middle-eastren strict society which its women wear head cover exactly this way ;).
Plus it would look like an arranged marriage and conservative people are big fans of arranged marriage.
About him marrying a Tunisian, Egyptian or Palestinian girl, well particularly marrying a Palestinian girl would not be the wisest move because of the whole Alternative homeland thing that's been going on.

Last edited:
I do not really see where are the politicall reasons! Pcs Basmah has not a clear profile. She is a jordanian raised in Canada but not a canadian, coming from a average family which emigrated. She was a laic who became a wrong religious. She is a little from everything but nothing really defined. So why Pcs Hamzah profile will be better by marrying such a girl?
It looks so strange... than it could be a sincere attraction.

I don't think Prince Hamzah wanted to married to a specific girl and much more i don't think he cared from religious appearance because he's not going to be king anymore.
i have to agree with fandesacs2003 i think it must had been sincere attraction ,i think so even more now because i know they first met a long time ago and maybe from that first meeting they had this attraction.
i'm just wondering why they have waited for so long to get married if they knew from the start that they like one another.

Well I Think Not Prince Hamzah Who Pushed Basmah To Wear Veil , Becasue He’s Not Belong From a Very Religious family his Mother and Sisters Not Wear Veil So I Think It’s Not a Problem For Prince Hamzah If His Wife Wear Veil Or Not and His Ex Wife Princess Noor She Wasn’t Wear it , Second Till Now We Have No Idea if That Real Veil Or Other Thing In Basmah Head , Well I Think Basmah is Not Suitable tO Prince Hamzah Only Because Of Her Looks But Other Things There is No any Problem With her , she’s Highly educated and have a strong personality and with Jordanian Origin , But I agree too That He Married Her Because Of Political reasons and What did Proof That The Marriage Done in critical Political situation , But in anyway Jordanian Want Prince hamzah Become King Or at least Back Crown Prince if he did That Step Of married girl with Jordanian Origin Or Not .

Last edited:
in fact this way of wearing veil make me think of another middle-eastren strict society which its women wear head cover exactly this way ;).

Thanks for bringing this up, I wanted to comment on this unfortunate appearance with the headscarf, but somehow forgot to do so. Isn't this the way women wear their scarf in East Turkey? Maybe Basmah's origins include that part of the Middle East, too? ;)

Thanks for bringing this up, I wanted to comment on this unfortunate appearance with the headscarf, but somehow forgot to do so. Isn't this the way women wear their scarf in East Turkey? Maybe Basmah's origins include that part of the Middle East, too? ;)

Yes Right NoorMeansLight That The East Turkey wear The Veil in That Way Of Basmah I didn’t Noticed That ;) , But I Don’t Heard That She Have a Turkish Origins , I Don’t Know if you Heard That ? :ermm:

When is the zifaf ceremony expected?

When is the zifaf ceremony expected?

There is no zifaf ceremony, I believe they had a private part at the castle. She is not gonna have a big zifaf like Noor :flowers:

Yes Right NoorMeansLight That The East Turkey wear The Veil in That Way Of Basmah I didn’t Noticed That ;) , But I Don’t Heard That She Have a Turkish Origins , I Don’t Know if you Heard That ? :ermm:
no. this is not true.

Basma is pure Jordanian. Her father and mother are cousins. :)

I agree. I don't know why the posts that shows something true and bad about her is being deleted. Like the nose surgery and other stuff. :flowers:

i have not seen the posts on nose surgery. several years ago she have very bad vehicle accident in the desert, and almost died and had to have reconstructive work done.

i have not seen the posts on nose surgery. several years ago she have very bad vehicle accident in the desert, and almost died and had to have reconstructive work done.
Check general inforamtion on princess basmah thred :)

It is something I do not understand. Princess Basmah is criticized because she worn the hijab wrong, i.e. with ears and some neck non covered.

But the sheikha Mozah, has always a turban, but her neck, ears and some hair are always non covered. Nevertheless, she always wear it, it means she does it with a religious meaning, and if you check her thread, people say that it is a hijab . Shy she is not criticized and Pcs Basmah is????

It is something I do not understand. Princess Basmah is criticized because she worn the hijab wrong, i.e. with ears and some neck non covered.

But the sheikha Mozah, has always a turban, but her neck, ears and some hair are always non covered. Nevertheless, she always wear it, it means she does it with a religious meaning, and if you check her thread, people say that it is a hijab . Shy she is not criticized and Pcs Basmah is????

exactly!! i think some like to criticize HRH because it makes them feel superior. i say, let's all leave the princess basmah to live her life. we do not walk in her shoes, we do not know what is in her life. let's not be unkind.

I think the posts have been deleted by the mods.

She might had an accident as you said but the pictures that one of this forums member posted were new pictures of her maybe 2010 or 2011 showing the huge difference between her nose now and before. I have these pictures but I don't know how to upload them here :)

Last edited:

Sheikha Mozah is one of the most critisized for her ridiculous Hijab and her extra tight clothes. she is only called an icon by magazines that like women who spend too much on clothes. In Basmah's case she is wearing the hijab in a disrespectful way and this is negative but the main reason we critisize is the hypocrisy.her open clothes, her transparent material showing her shoulders in the wedding picture and non conservative reputation is well known. I ask,if she was strong independant or Hamzah married her because he likes her personality then they should have celebrated it and not change.if they were a good match than why all the changes to appear conservative and humble and more Jordanian??? what did he see about her because if it's not political, beauty or love than the rumor that they had to marry fast is looking more and more realistic. stella nobody is being unkind, just that the middle east is changing and people will not accept to give people credit just because they have a title. this applies to all the royals.

Sheikha Mozah is one of the most critisized for her ridiculous Hijab and her extra tight clothes. she is only called an icon by magazines that like women who spend too much on clothes. In Basmah's case she is wearing the hijab in a disrespectful way and this is negative but the main reason we critisize is the hypocrisy.her open clothes, her transparent material showing her shoulders in the wedding picture and non conservative reputation is well known. I ask,if she was strong independant or Hamzah married her because he likes her personality then they should have celebrated it and not change.if they were a good match than why all the changes to appear conservative and humble and more Jordanian??? what did he see about her because if it's not political, beauty or love than the rumor that they had to marry fast is looking more and more realistic. stella nobody is being unkind, just that the middle east is changing and people will not accept to give people credit just because they have a title. this applies to all the royals.
c
That is I respect sheikh mohammed al maktoum ; he did not ask haya to change to be accepted by the local society , though he criticized for that but that is love

I agree with what you said. There is nothing special about basma at all and hamza did not see anything special but getting something he wants over marrying basma. Now since hamza is not getting what he wants through her he is not going to be with her for a long time. The only thing hamza cares about is his image in front of people. If people keep criticizing basma then sure hamza is will not accept it and will not stay with her. specially hamza was in love with other girl before basma and all of a sudden he married basma.:flowers: and as you said people are changing so much in middle east, therefore they are not going to accept that a princess would use the Islamic clothes to get credit specially we know that basma is really free and wears open clothes and as I said before I have some pictures where her bra is showing and now she is wearing the Hijab improperly, this is going to affect hamza and basma in a bad way :)

Last edited:
Let's stay on topic and not speculate about the motives of Hazmah. Additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Back
Top Bottom