The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
We are not living in the same western world then, highly educated women in West like Basma: engineers, doctors..., never wear makeup or barely, that doesn't mean they don't take care of theimselves, but there's a way of doing it, few makeup and jewels, strict clothes....but there's lot of women of course who don't go out without wearing makeup or wearing bombastic clothes, but they work in less intellectual positions, like beauticians, secretaries or waitresses...

I prefer to hear you saying she's not pretty and that's your opinion and I respect it, because I myself don't find some royal women beautiful and I say it, but to say of somebody ugly is extremy harsh and rude.
Obviously not! I hail from the best place on earth, California

IMO

Old 04-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty17 View Post
Obviously not! I hail from the best place on earth, California

IMO

The relationship to body and appearence in California is not like in Europe, people there are more into the cult of performance, appearence and body, just between NY and Cali there's a huge difference...the point is that she was a working girl who lived in Canada, and there, they have more a french/european attitude...When you see for example TV presenters in European channels, basically the french one, and those in Middle east, you can see the difference, don't know if you understand what about I am talking...

To me the best place in the world is Luxemburg

Old 04-30-2012, 06:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
I find it harsh when life84 says that jordanian women are less beautiful than Palestinian, Syrian or Lebanese women. That's totally false, ethnically talking, they are from the same poll, especially jordanians and palestininans...and I don't think that Rania was more beautiful than Basma before her plastic surergies and repetitive relookings...also some find Basma a bit masculine, so is Ghida and Rania...aslo Basma seems to had done brillant studies and career as a pilot, she must very hard working.

As for her wedding dress, not the best choice, but the color is stunning, I think that Basma because she was born and lived in Canada, is like any working girl in Europe or West, she's natural, and doesn't take care so much about fashion and jewels like eastern ladies.
How could we say that a whole country's women are pretty or uggly?? It is non sense!
I liked her wedding dress, it is appropriate for an oriental princess, what would we expect from her? To be dressed like a geisha?
And I find her pretty, the total is nice, svelte and smiling, she is not a stunning beauty, but she is a pretty woman.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:57 AM
Royal Highness

Well about Me I Don’t See Princess Basmah al hamzah is a Pretty at all , to be Honest I Don’t Like her Look at all , and The thing what I really Objected about Ugly word in my Opinion there is No human is Ugly even Women Or man Because Should Be There is Something is Pretty in the human anything even just one Thing maybe eye , eyebrows , nose , lips , cheeks , Body shape Should Be There is Something Beautiful and we cannot say Ugly Because There is Different Tastes Between each one some see some women very pretty and some see her not pretty at all So No One Can Use This Word , and well I agreed with some here That eastern ladies Care about Fashion and Make up and Clothes & Jewels More Than Western ladies That’s True and you will realize That if you Walk Between east & west Streets Simply you will understand The Difference and No Matter highly educated Or Not , even if engineers Or doctors Womens also care about These Thing in Middle east , and I Think if The Women not care about These Thing Not worth to call her feminine .
Old 05-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Gentry

who cares if she's ugly or pretty. Basmah is barely Jordanian, Canadian Born and raised,not highly educated just average, not younger, or cultured, or influential, or from a known family background, she is a pilot among many females pilots, or stylish let alone appropriately dressed, or aware of our tradition, nor rich or beautiful (as some care about this) and there was no love story (other rumors) and she was one of Prince Hamzah's employees.finally they married so fast which wasn't traditional.she is now veiled after not appearing for almost 4months. These are facts not judgements because everything we write is considered speculation and stuff about her that true is being deleted. ! or 2 who wanted to find something good to say about Basmah have resorted to writing mean things about other royals to give her an advantage. if she had anything outstanding there would be no need for that. we should be fair and not give people more credit. seriously the region is changing and people have to be seen for what they really are and not what we are expected to think of them because they have a title.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by solsol View Post
who cares if she's ugly or pretty. Basmah is barely Jordanian, Canadian Born and raised,not highly educated just average
Does not she deserve some credit for being the first female aerobatic pilot in the Arab World?!
Plus even if she was not super beautiful or even super rich, Personality is what really matters, Prince Hamza must have seen something in her that we couldn't see that made him choose her as a life partner.
and yea I want to add something, Your Intellectual level should not be judged by your appearance and vise versa, not because I'm living in a certain society that has some certain standards then I should stop wearing makeup to show that I'm smart or something!!, it is a matter of a personal choice in all societies as far as I know!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Serene Highness

But LipGloss, she is not the first female pilot in the Arab world there were some female before her dear. Yes Hamza have seen a lot in her but unfortunately is not going to last for a long time because what hamza saw in her in the past had changed recently after what happened in Jordan. He married her for a political reason not because he loves her. Well, for us we cannot judge her based on her personality we judge her based on her look because all what we have from her is some pictures.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I have heard the rumour Prince Hamzah married for political reasons before, but no one really explained what those reasons are. I'd really appreciate if you did.
From what I see Hamzah could have gained a lot more from marrying a number of other women.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
who cares if she's ugly or pretty. Basmah is barely Jordanian, Canadian Born and raised,not highly educated just average, not younger, or cultured, or influential, or from a known family background, she is a pilot among many females pilots, or stylish let alone appropriately dressed, or aware of our tradition, nor rich or beautiful (as some care about this) and there was no love story (other rumors) and she was one of Prince Hamzah's employees.finally they married so fast which wasn't traditional.she is now veiled after not appearing for almost 4months. These are facts not judgements because everything we write is considered speculation and stuff about her that true is being deleted. ! or 2 who wanted to find something good to say about Basmah have resorted to writing mean things about other royals to give her an advantage. if she had anything outstanding there would be no need for that. we should be fair and not give people more credit. seriously the region is changing and people have to be seen for what they really are and not what we are expected to think of them because they have a title.
I agree. I don't know why the posts that shows something true and bad about her is being deleted. Like the nose surgery and other stuff.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Nobility

Can"t we just observe and follow along without being judgemental. As life unfolds we will have a much better understanding of what is correct.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

I have heard the rumour Prince Hamzah married for political reasons before, but no one really explained what those reasons are. I'd really appreciate if you did.
From what I see Hamzah could have gained a lot more from marrying a number of other women.
right political he should have married a Palestinia or a girl from Tunis or Egypt.He already married a Jordanian the first time. People would see Prince as on the side of revolutions and change. He would also win the respect of Islamic leaders which have big part. Princess Basmah is not what we expected and changing her too with a hijjab is bad becuz ito late we have seen and know she is very different.He cannot make her look more religius or be more Jordanian if she is very Canadian.Really Prince Hamzah is trying to make something work okay from a bad situation. I heard it is political marriage but many say it was a wrong choice for Prince right now.Goodluck to them
Old 05-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes , Prince Hamzah and Princess Basmah not marry for love is decision Prince Hamzah took from King Abdullah because people in jordan too much comment that why ladies in Jordan royal family all not jordanian except Princess Taghreed Majali who family origin say from jordan but is from Hebron , I not sure where from jordan but Majali is orgin from Palestine
So , Prince Hamzah marry Princess Basmah to make jordan people increase popularity for him and to say is Prince Hamzah only Prince marry jordanian not because he love Princess Basmah and all Jordan royal members know how make their self smile from outside like is true.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
Yes , Prince Hamzah and Princess Basmah not marry for love is decision Prince Hamzah took from King Abdullah because people in jordan too much comment that why ladies in Jordan royal family all not jordanian except Princess Taghreed Majali who family origin say from jordan but is from Nablus , I not sure where from jordan but Majali is orgin from Palestine
So , Prince Hamzah marry Princess Basmah to make jordan people increase popularity for him and to say is Prince Hamzah only Prince marry jordanian not because he love Princess Basmah and all Jordan royal members know how make their self smile from outside like is true.
He married Noor who was Jordanian!
it's disrespectful to Basmah that Hamzah needs to change rather than admit she is not suitable.You don't marry a person who shares a hobby, and thats it. If a woman used marriage for mere political gain she would insulted by society. But Hamzah can do that?People won't be stupid, I am sure the king had nothing to do with this because Hamzah was already marrying someone else and if everyone knew they would dislike Hamzah and the way the royals marry. I don't dislike Basmah what I don't like is Prince Hamzah marrying a girl who is outgoing, not conservative, canadian and works as a pilot as his employee, then he veils her and makes her not work and imposes her as a Jordanian etc and has done nothing but make try change her into something she isn't.he clearly saw very little in her. he obviously only sees himself and she is keen to get what she wants
Old 05-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
Can"t we just observe and follow along without being judgemental. As life unfolds we will have a much better understanding of what is correct.
Not judgements but these are facts. There is a whole lot more I can say about public opinion
this marriage comes at a sensative time in JRF and politics. if it was before i think many would ignored it as it is the 2nd marriage.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
He married Noor who was Jordanian!
it's disrespectful to Basmah that Hamzah needs to change rather than admit she is not suitable.You don't marry a person who shares a hobby, and thats it. If a woman used marriage for mere political gain she would insulted by society. But Hamzah can do that?People won't be stupid, I am sure the king had nothing to do with this because Hamzah was already marrying someone else and if everyone knew they would dislike Hamzah and the way the royals marry. I don't dislike Basmah what I don't like is Prince Hamzah marrying a girl who is outgoing, not conservative, canadian and works as a pilot as his employee, then he veils her and makes her not work and imposes her as a Jordanian etc and has done nothing but make try change her into something she isn't.he clearly saw very little in her. he obviously only sees himself and she is keen to get what she wants
Princess Noor's father from Ottoman's or Turkish origin
Old 05-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Nobility

Wow you guys your comments and the way you analyzed this marriage made me take my pink sunglasses off and see the whole thing from a different perspective!
But if Prince Hamzah wanted to get married to:
A) A 100% Jordanian girl from a well-known family.
B) Enjoys a somewhat religious appearance.
I think he would find 200 girls who are qualified for this mission! Instead of marrying this westernized lady and then make her appear wearing a veil in not the best way, in fact this way of wearing veil make me think of another middle-eastren strict society which its women wear head cover exactly this way .
Plus it would look like an arranged marriage and conservative people are big fans of arranged marriage.
About him marrying a Tunisian, Egyptian or Palestinian girl, well particularly marrying a Palestinian girl would not be the wisest move because of the whole Alternative homeland thing that's been going on.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I do not really see where are the politicall reasons! Pcs Basmah has not a clear profile. She is a jordanian raised in Canada but not a canadian, coming from a average family which emigrated. She was a laic who became a wrong religious. She is a little from everything but nothing really defined. So why Pcs Hamzah profile will be better by marrying such a girl?
It looks so strange... than it could be a sincere attraction.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Commoner

I don't think Prince Hamzah wanted to married to a specific girl and much more i don't think he cared from religious appearance because he's not going to be king anymore.
i have to agree with fandesacs2003 i think it must had been sincere attraction ,i think so even more now because i know they first met a long time ago and maybe from that first meeting they had this attraction.
i'm just wondering why they have waited for so long to get married if they knew from the start that they like one another.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Royal Highness

Well I Think Not Prince Hamzah Who Pushed Basmah To Wear Veil , Becasue He’s Not Belong From a Very Religious family his Mother and Sisters Not Wear Veil So I Think It’s Not a Problem For Prince Hamzah If His Wife Wear Veil Or Not and His Ex Wife Princess Noor She Wasn’t Wear it , Second Till Now We Have No Idea if That Real Veil Or Other Thing In Basmah Head , Well I Think Basmah is Not Suitable tO Prince Hamzah Only Because Of Her Looks But Other Things There is No any Problem With her , she’s Highly educated and have a strong personality and with Jordanian Origin , But I agree too That He Married Her Because Of Political reasons and What did Proof That The Marriage Done in critical Political situation , But in anyway Jordanian Want Prince hamzah Become King Or at least Back Crown Prince if he did That Step Of married girl with Jordanian Origin Or Not .
Old 05-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipGloss View Post
in fact this way of wearing veil make me think of another middle-eastren strict society which its women wear head cover exactly this way .

Thanks for bringing this up, I wanted to comment on this unfortunate appearance with the headscarf, but somehow forgot to do so. Isn't this the way women wear their scarf in East Turkey? Maybe Basmah's origins include that part of the Middle East, too?