The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

So, people in Jordan believe their relationship isn't 'normal' just because they met & got married within 3 months or so?! I wonder if this is a cultural thing, it really puzzles me...

Old 02-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

well some here think that the marriage was like a deal or a supporter for the royalty here cause all of what is going on in the region .. but for me I think Hamzah is not that kind of person

His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 02-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
So, people in Jordan believe their relationship isn't 'normal' just because they met & got married within 3 months or so?! I wonder if this is a cultural thing, it really puzzles me...
It is well thought of politically saying...Hamzah takes well studied and thought of steps, everything he does is for a reason (which I think is sad!)...the Royal Court asked certain people from Basmah's tribe (supposedly Bani Ahmad, which aren't really part of the Otoum tribe as claimed) to attend the ceremony and the lunch hosted by the King, I mean they gave orders on who to attend and who not to attend. The tribe wasn't too thrilled cause they thought that was insulting. Anyway, it is all politics :) But I wish them both Happiness, I really hope it lasts and we see a baby boy soon ^_^
Old 02-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
well some here think that the marriage was like a deal or a supporter for the royalty here cause all of what is going on in the region .. but for me I think Hamzah is not that kind of person
Then you don't know him :)
Old 02-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=Amoula;1369520]It is well thought of politically saying...Hamzah takes well studied and thought of steps, everything he does is for a reason (which I think is sad!)[QUOTE]

Now this is the saddest thing I've heard in ages, really.... Putting political goals over his own happiness, I wonder how he'll end up (if all this is true, of course).
Old 02-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Nobility

[QUOTE=NoorMeansLight;1369526][QUOTE=Amoula;1369520]It is well thought of politically saying...Hamzah takes well studied and thought of steps, everything he does is for a reason (which I think is sad!)
Quote:

Now this is the saddest thing I've heard in ages, really.... Putting political goals over his own happiness, I wonder how he'll end up (if all this is true, of course).
Think of every single move Hamzah has done over the past 13 years and you will have a feel of how he really thinks :)
Old 02-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Amoula, does all this mean that Hamzah has still not given up the idea of becoming King one day? A yes or no please, I really don't want us to go completely off topic.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Amoula, does all this mean that Hamzah has still not given up the idea of becoming King one day? A yes or no please, I really don't want us to go completely off topic.
I don't know. I want him to be safe and sound, that's all. Cheers!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
IMO Amoula is right. I doubt that PHamzah would marry "just for love". This rushed marriage is certainly a very good move for the JRF at this particular time. If he is also thinking about his own personal future is another question ... I wouldn't exclude it either.
But I hope for a happy future of the couple (and some cute little princes and princesses).
Old 02-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

Wait, wait, wait...
I don't understand anything... You talk about Hamzah's wedding as a perfect move for the JRF? Call me naive, if you want, but I really thought this time Hamzah was marrying the one he really loves and you talk about strategical, political movements??? I do not understand... I cannot believe Hamzah can do that... His circumstances are different now from the ones when he married for the first time...Do you really think this man is going to spend his life marrying women because of strategic reasons? Come on...
Old 02-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Serene Highness

From what I know is that Hamza did not marry Basma because he loves her. There is a political issue behind this marriage. Amoula I cannot say what I know in here coz some people will not understand what I am talking about. Second thing I don't want to talk about Hamza's private life in here even though I know a lot. I don't believe that hamza really care about marrying a Jordanian girl, I think Royal family don't like Jordanian girls at all but he had to marry basma for some other reasons
Old 02-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
NoorMeansLight. Hamza will never give up the idea of becoming a King one day. This is his dream
Old 02-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Okay enough.

If you make a statement regarding Hazmah motives, whether or not he is in love with Basmah, political gain, Hazmah is still trying to be King, etc. you need to provide documentation to support such a statement. If you can't than stop because at this point you are just speculating.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice. Any questions and/or comments should be directed to the TRF mods via Private Message.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Commoner

stella I think princess haya lives with her mother Princess Noor
Old 02-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Pure People Gallery:
Les parents de la mariée posent au côté des royaux jordaniens. Le prince Hamzah bin al Hussein
Old 03-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Sigh.

Please note that off topic and speculative posts about Princess Haya (if she will live with her father, if Hazmah and Basmah will have children, if Hazmah will see her once or love her once he has said speculative children) have been deleted.

Let's stay on topic.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to the couple, I knew about this marriage only today.

I personally find the bride very attractive, she's tall, slim, has a nice smile, and her nose is so beautiful, she looks fresh and so natural, I like that.

I find it harsh when life84 says that jordanian women are less beautiful than Palestinian, Syrian or Lebanese women. That's totally false, ethnically talking, they are from the same poll, especially jordanians and palestininans...and I don't think that Rania was more beautiful than Basma before her plastic surergies and repetitive relookings...also some find Basma a bit masculine, so is Ghida and Rania...aslo Basma seems to had done brillant studies and career as a pilot, she must very hard working.

As for her wedding dress, not the best choice, but the color is stunning, I think that Basma because she was born and lived in Canada, is like any working girl in Europe or West, she's natural, and doesn't take care so much about fashion and jewels like eastern ladies.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
Congratulations to the couple, I knew about this marriage only today.

I personally find the bride very attractive, she's tall, slim, has a nice smile, and her nose is so beautiful, she looks fresh and so natural, I like that.

I find it harsh when life84 says that jordanian women are less beautiful than Palestinian, Syrian or Lebanese women. That's totally false, ethnically talking, they are from the same poll, especially jordanians and palestininans...and I don't think that Rania was more beautiful than Basma before her plastic surergies and repetitive relookings...also some find Basma a bit masculine, so is Ghida and Rania...aslo Basma seems to had done brillant studies and career as a pilot, she must very hard working.

As for her wedding dress, not the best choice, but the color is stunning, I think that Basma because she was born and lived in Canada, is like any working girl in Europe or West, she's natural, and doesn't take care so much about fashion and jewels like eastern ladies.
I don't agree with the last part. Am from the West and all the working ladies I know care a lot about clothes, makeup, etc. Most of them would not walk out of the house without makeup.

I personally do not find her pretty at all, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Like I said before, as long as her hubby finds her beautiful that is all that matters
Old 04-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty17 View Post
I don't agree with the last part. Am from the West and all the working ladies I know care a lot about clothes, makeup, etc. Most of them would not walk out of the house without makeup.

I personally do not find her pretty at all, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Like I said before, as long as her hubby finds her beautiful that is all that matters

We are not living in the same western world then, highly educated women in West like Basma: engineers, doctors..., never wear makeup or barely, that doesn't mean they don't take care of theimselves, but there's a way of doing it, few makeup and jewels, strict clothes....but there's lot of women of course who don't go out without wearing makeup or wearing bombastic clothes, but they work in less intellectual positions, like beauticians, secretaries or waitresses...

I prefer to hear you saying she's not pretty and that's your opinion and I respect it, because I myself don't find some royal women beautiful and I say it, but to say of somebody ugly is extremy harsh and rude.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
because they met & got married within 3 months or so?! I wonder if this is a cultural thing, it really puzzles me...
The late King Hussein and Queen Noor also had a very short courtship andthey were 20 years together. And also people said this marriage was for political reasons and not love.