Wedding of Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo, July 25 & August 1, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Matilde's dress is really beautiful
She posted a pic on her instagram of her going home: https://instagram.com/p/5nCAUxjKiL/?taken-by=matilde_borromeo

Isn't that normal? She has to sell her dresses.
Same for Valentino and their pictures and sketches.
It's publicity for their brand.

Taking advantage of your relatives' private wedding to sell dresses may not be illegal but doesn't reach any peak of class and politeness either... Marta Ferri is not a recognised and successful designer in Italy yet, regardless being the daughter of top photographer Fabrizio Ferri. ;)

Vanity fair never works well for me. Unable to open the day after pics.

I have the same problem with VF... frustrating :ermm:

I have been through a July issue of Italian "Chi" magazine today.
Looks like they will make an exception for Beatrice if she actually marries religiously on one of the Borromee Isles (L'Isolino is speculated as the one). Having no title, she would not be entitled to get married there. Her Aunt Bona Borromeo, mother of the Borromeo Family Chief Vitaliano, may grant an exception.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking advantage of your relatives' private wedding to sell dresses may not be illegal but doesn't reach any peak of class and politeness either... Marta Ferri is not a recognised and successful designer in Italy yet, regardless being the daughter of top photographer Fabrizio Ferri. ;)

Valentino is a huge, talented and worldwide recognized designer, one of the greatest in the world.
Marta Ferri' s dresses are some of them fresh nice and acceptable, but nothing more. If she was not the wife of Carlo Borromeo and with sisters in law four beautiful, rich, well known and socially extremely well implemented by blood and by alliances, very few people would know her designs.

Maybe the sisters in law don't mind and are happy to help her with showing of her dresses.

Certainly this looks the case, but taking advantage of it still looks cheap of MF IMO :flowers:

Beatrice doesn't need permission from her aunt to marry in Isolino di San Giovanni because it is owned by her father,the Count..only the two major islands belong to the main branch.

Last edited:
Beatrice doesn't need permission from her aunt to marry in Isolino di San Giovanni because it is owned by her father,the Count..only the two major islands belong to the main branch.

Thanks for this... I am trying to verify your info but so far only found references to her father living at the Isolino (previously residence of Toscanini), not actually owning the place. Please share your source as I'm interested :flowers:

Valentino is a huge, talented and worldwide recognized designer, one of the greatest in the world.
Marta Ferri' s dresses are some of them fresh nice and acceptable, but nothing more. If she was not the wife of Carlo Borromeo and with sisters in law four beautiful, rich, well known and socially extremely well implemented by blood and by alliances, very few people would know her designs.

I see the situation the other way around. I think her sister-in-laws are happy to show support to Marta by wearing her creations and allowing her to post pictures on her Instagram account if they think they would help her. Do you think that Beatrice wasn't aware that Marta was going to publish a picture of one of her "wedding" dresses on Instagram? She has said previously in an interview that she is very grateful that she can pop into Marta's atelier and get a dress for free when she needs one...she has always worn her dresses at the GP in Monaco these past few years, for instance, and in different photo shoots. I think they all root for each other and are genuinely fond of each other.
:flowers:

Oggi has some more pictures - especially some from the yacht club party
Pierre Casiraghi e Beatrice Borromeo, le foto mai viste del matrimonio dell’anno | People

@Juliette2 I fully agree with you. They all know and are happy to help Marta.
If you go at March's Instagram account she has many pics of Bea wearing her dresses.
I m also sure that Beatrice knew and agreed that Valentino will publish the sketch of her dresses the same happened with Tatiana's dresses last year. At this level of relationship with the client the fashion House could not risk to "steal". It was fully agreed

Last edited:
Has this group photo been shared? https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...05_1202705596421684_2408333176383920569_o.jpg

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor shared it. I admit I can never make out faces in these group photos - is Charlene in this one - can anyone find her?

Yes, it has been posted several times before :flowers:

The group picture is the abortive attempt to capture a vast number of wedding guests on one photo and that from a hereof extremely inconvenient position.

Wedding guests on the left and right are not captured at all, they are cut off, others in the back can't be seen. Charlene is surely somewhere, but not visible that way. But I'm sure they have hundreds of better photos for their private collection :)

Thanks for the pics! I have to take time to see them all!

Same with Bea, if she weren't related to the Agnelli/Marzotto families, she wouldn't have been hired as a 'journalist' and TV host. Lots of beautiful, well educated and smarter girls around. Marta isn't much of a fashion designer, she will probably shut her business sooner or later like Lavinia Elkann did. No matter who you are or whom you are linked to, if you've got no talent, your business will die out itself.

^It must be so miserable to always be so negative about people.

Well said Tosca.
We were had a civil wedding (important due to the money both families have).
This is completely forgotten because of bling bling wedding and guests.

Not even a picture of Princess Caroline alone.

Well said Tosca.
We were had a civil wedding (important due to the money both families have).
This is completely forgotten because of bling bling wedding and guests.

Not even a picture of Princess Caroline alone.

Why would we have a picture of Caroline alone ?

I loved Beatrice's wedding looks. Her purple dress was so regal and fairytale like and her evening gown was incredibly stunning.

To see her wonderful yellow dress....
As Mother of the Groom and in Monaco she was the most important Royal.

Someone seems confused on being negative and being factual. Misrepresentations need to be faced with honesty and one of the key values of this forum is that you can get genuine insights from locals.

Same with Bea, if she weren't related to the Agnelli/Marzotto families, she wouldn't have been hired as a 'journalist' and TV host. Lots of beautiful, well educated and smarter girls around. Marta isn't much of a fashion designer, she will probably shut her business sooner or later like Lavinia Elkann did. No matter who you are or whom you are linked to, if you've got no talent, your business will die out itself.

I agree that Beatrice wouldn't have been on tv if it weren't for Mr. Santoro's "fun" idea to put a "communist" noblewoman on his show who should have been the voice of her generation (! - 41% youth unemployment these days)...but it backfired. She was made fun of (some criticism was justified) and no matter how hard she works it will always be difficult for her to be taken seriously. She is aware of it as she has said in various interviews.
But I must disagree on Marta Ferri's talent as a designer. She is still at the very beginning of her career, and no doubt the family she comes from and her connections have helped her put her on the map (big time) but I do believe she is talented and original. She makes high quality dresses (check the seams on her frocks and the quality of the fabrics!) that are timeless, yet fun and young. But it's a question of taste: if people prefer to buy Prada or Prada wanna-be designers they probably won't like Marta's colorful, chic, creations. I don't think she will shut her business soon.
Same thing for Lavinia's now-defunct children collection (BLav). There is no market for it in Italy. She made beautiful little things comparable to those of Marie-Chantal's collection, but, honestly, look at Italian little girls: they're wearing Hello Kitty pink, glittered tops with llace eggings and crocs on their feet... :ermm: Who's going to buy a sweet pinafore dress these days?? I'm afraid we are getting OT but Lavinia's work for Trussardi, Guzzini and Poltrona Frau is very good in my opinion (the bag La Vie still remains one of my favorite purses that I use day after day)!

There shouldn't be such negativity around. It's a wedding! Let's be happy that we can pour over those pictures we have! Just because they belong to a princely family they don't have a duty to show us detailed pictures of their dresses and for what ? So that we can criticize them? So what if we don't have pictures of Princess Caroline yellow dress? I see a happy, beautiful face smiling in the group picture and that should be enough! :flowers:http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I can't wait for the religious wedding on Saturday at the Isolino de San Giovanni and see glimpses (hopefully? of the glamourous Agnelli,Borromeo,Casiraghi and Grimaldi clans .this is a match of beauty and old money. I am expecting tiara but of which and whom? :)

Last edited:
I can't wait for the religious wedding on Saturday at the Isolino de San Giovanni and see glimpses (hopefully? of the glamourous Agnelli,Borromeo,Casiraghi and Grimaldi clans .this is a match of beauty and old money. I am expecting tiara but of which and whom? :)

Amen to that.

She's standing on the steps at the top of the slide when Pierre dives down.
Yellow hat, blue dress.

Thanks for this... I am trying to verify your info but so far only found references to her father living at the Isolino (previously residence of Toscanini), not actually owning the place. Please share your source as I'm interested :flowers:
The history links here, such as they are, provide little detail but do say the Borromeos have owned the isles since the 1500s. Isola Madre history

The history links here, such as they are, provide little detail but do say the Borromeos have owned the isles since the 1500s. Isola Madre history

Thank you Admirer for your positive effort to inform, however, if you go through the previous exchange on this subject you'll see that you may have missed something or it did not transpire properly. I haven't put in question the Borromeo family ownership of the isles, but the ownership of Beatrice's father, who is the cadet son. I did ask clarifications on the source and am waiting. :flowers:

Funny pic of news, am not in the position to say whether it's true or just a joke, they claim that Beatrice Borromeo has worked as journalist doing a telephone interview on the day of her wedding:
Beatrice Borromeo e Pierre Casiraghi, al matrimonio lei lavora

:previous:Wow, first time we've seen the bride and groom in the Monegasque national costumes they wore to the garden picnic...I love it!

Perfect.:whistling:

As Hola has that special pic with the national costumes on the cover, it makes me hope that we'll see more pics we haven't seen yet! Thanks for sharing, polyesco! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom