Wedding of Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo, July 25 & August 1, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have several friends who have visited the Hotel de Paris. It's Bel Epoque elegance is stunning, the very last word according to all of them.

Still, it would have been so wonderful if the bridal couple had taken to the dance floor of the Bal de la Croix-Rouge for their first formal dance as man and wife...:whistling:

The hotel is so expensive, it is beyond belief. They have several restaurants studded with Michelin and Gault Millau recommendations, one of them led by Alain Ducasse, who is Dieu in the world of chefs and cooks. All this might be wow! to us but imagine that you are born and raised in Monte-Carlo and that all this, the arch-expensive bolides outside, the mega-yachts in the harbour, the Gucci, Prada, Versace-shops around the corner, that it is all just your natural habitat.... I think Donna Beatrice (with a family owning stunning islands for centuries) and Pierre Casiraghi do not even wink with the eyes. All very normal, is daily life for them...

:whistling:

:eek:

Monsieur Ducasse created the menu for the Albert/Charlene wedding banquet. Lucky guests.

A friend of mine who dined at the Hotel de Paris told me that it was a culinary experience not to be compared with anything he had ever had elsewhere, and that Beverly Hills was the Third World compared to Monte Carlo.:lol:

The late Aristotle Onassis kept a suite of rooms there on standby for his personal use, as did Winston Churchill.

Nope. I cannot imagine life lived routinely in such an atmosphere.

Last edited:
I think it would have been really strange if they had all appeared at the Red Cross Ball which, in the end, is nothing but a public function for the princely family. They have a right to a proper wedding reception with their closer family members and friends even if they will have a second celebration in Italy !

Earlier in the day there was a breakfast at the Fairmont Hotel hosted by Paola Marzotto for selected family and friends.

Finally, nobody is commenting on this but I don't believe it's Pierre at all driving the car in the video where Beatrice is seen wearing the monegasque costume!!

In the video at the Hotel de Paris I didn't see Pierre! She seems to be always alone in that Bentley!! I also spotted Paola and Marta Marzotto, Carlo Borromeo and his wife Marta, John and Lavinia Elkann, their two boys and Beatrice's dad and, finally, Andrea and Tatiana. Let's hope to get some good pictures tomorrow! Beatrice's white/silver dress looked wonderful!

Repubblica also made some pictures out of the video: if you look at picture #7 you can clearly see that the woman racing behind the Bentley is Beatrice's sister-in-law Marta Ferri...pretty funny! Looking at picture #5 it's safe to say that (again! I know...sorry) Pierre is not the one driving the car and that the woman behind is probably not Princess Caroline (looks a bit like Margherita Missoni but it's a wild guess...)

Beatrice Borromeo e Pierre Casiraghi, rito civile a Montecarlo - Spettacoli - Repubblica.it

Last edited by a moderator:
In the video at the Hotel de Paris I didn't see Pierre! She seems to be always alone in that Bentley!! I also spotted Paola and Marta Marzotto, Carlo Borromeo and his wife Marta, John and Lavinia Elkann, their two boys and Beatrice's dad and, finally, Andrea and Tatiana. Let's hope to get some good pictures tomorrow! Beatrice's white/silver dress looked wonderful!

The bride's father Count Carlo Borromeo, his wife Marta, and his mistress(the mother-of-the-bride) all gathered together to enjoy a family wedding.

I love it!:lol::ohmy:

Last edited:
I spotted Béatrice of course with her fairy tale gown and Tatiana with her pyjama. I think Charlotte was with the long red dress ? but not sure. Most people were with a back view. Caroline and Alexandra il did not spot. Who was the lady with the long pink dress and the white fringe hat?

The bride's father Count Carlo Borromeo, his wife Marta, and his mistress(the mother-of-the-bride) all gathered together to enjoy a family wedding.

No!!! ? what?!?!?! So the mother of the bride is not the bride's father's wife?!?! Oh Lordy, Where are my clutching pearls and fainting couch! I'm scandalized!! LOL yeah, how could you not love it!!

Give it up for Marta. She is a strong woman, because infidelity - that's it, c'est fin. I would have taken Count Wandering Eye to the cleaners as fast as my bank could deposit! But not Marta - she is still there!

I agree, it's all so very aristocratic Italian, so sophisticated, so...dolce vita the way they conduct their lives.;)

And if it works for them, I have nothing to say about it!:whistling:

Last edited:
And they are "old money", meaning that they are (very) affluent for generations and this becomes part of family characteristics. The Borromeos belong to one of Italy's richest families since the 17th. Donna Beatrice's mother Donna Paola dei conti Marzotto comes from a family which is known from the Gruppo Marzotto, for 175 years the biggest Italian industry in producing premium wool, cotton, linen and silk. They owned various couture houses like Valentino and Hugo Boss, etc. (sold for 2,6 Billion Euro to a British private equity group). The fortune of the Marzotto family goes way back before the industrialisation: they also owned concessions for the exploitation of railways.

The most known family estate is the Villa Trissino Marzotto.

Entrance gate

The Old Villa (15th C)

Statues in the park of the Old Villa

The New Villa (17th C)

Extension behind the New Villa (19th C)

Imagine: Donna Beatrice's paternal grandpa and grandma living at the Borromeian Islands,. and her maternal grandpa and grandma living at this awesome 15th C estate... Unbelievable.

:flowers:

Impressive!

Aren't the Borreomeian islands 'just' their holiday places? I suppose there are other Borromeo Pallazzo's in Italy.

And think of all the properties of the family's the Borromeo clan has married into.
Quite a collection!

Yes, there are various fabulous estates owned by the Borromeos. I think most of them will live in modern villas in lush suburbs around Turin, Florence, Milan, etc.

The Palazzo Borromeo (picture) at Isola Bella is just unbelievable.

A gallery of the guests: Pierre Casiraghi + Beatrice Borromeo: Diese Gäste feierten mit ihnen | GALA.DE

Is Raphaël wearing a traditional costume?

The wife is Marion Zota.
There are 2 Marta's: Marta Marzotto, Beatrice's maternal grandmother and Marta Ferri, Beatrice's sister-in-law.http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Last edited:
And me i don't think that is a traditional costume . And yes very cute :)

The bride's family are not the owners of the isles. They belong to the affluent side of the Borromeo family, whose chief was Conte Giberto Borromeo Arese, uncle of Beatrice and her sisters, who passed away in February. The family chief is now his son, Vitaliano Borromeo Arese. They are the affluent and key part of the family, run several businesses including the steel industry, always maintained a low profile and rarely appear on the media. The Borromeo sisters belong to the poorest side of the family. Their father has a farm in Lomellina, South of Milan. Marrying all these girls appropriately was an issue for their father, and he succeeded. Most of them have no titles as born out of wedlock(daughter and son of Paola Marzotto). Beatrice has no titles. Addio al principe Giberto Borromeo Arese - La Stampa

They could have given to the Press at least one picture !

To me the important think of this civil wedding is that Andrea and Pierre married both before the law in Monaco , in Uncle Albert's State ,his lawyers and Notaries.

I am sure the wedding contracts protect 100 % of their family Estate although both married heiresses.
(very interesting what Debbies from Milano wrote : These sisters has no tittle and belong to the poorest side of the family....)

Last edited:
First pics of the married couple in the civil ceremony (and the wedding dress!)
https://instagram.com/p/5mNnD0zJ15/?taken-by=privategg

EDIT: The dress is by Valentino and so is the dress she wore to the evening gala. Both sketches wore posted in Maison Valentino's instagra but were suddenly removed!
Here it is one:
https://41.media.tumblr.com/b22e4f2c07afe554d2ff11058419bda3/tumblr_ns37mqOMii1sfnisko1_1280.jpg

EDIT2: Another pic
https://36.media.tumblr.com/2b65b1f7d8ff9f91320bd6a6eaefc3b5/tumblr_ns2wsp6RTV1syjnnlo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Very bad web page the VF. I can see only the first puc, no other and I have constantly adv pages.

Hold on! Let me clarify!

1) The woman in the pink dress with the white fringed headpiece is Marta Ferri, Carlo Ludovico Borromeo's (Beatrice's brother) wife. She's a young, very talented designer
2) Paola Marzotto is Beatrice and Carlo Ludovico's s mother (also a designer) and EX-MISTRESS of the senior Carlo Borromeo (Beatrice's father).
3) Marta Marzotto is Paola's mother, and therfore Beatrice's grandmother. She's had a very colorful life herself. Her son Matteo Marzotto (Beatrice's uncle) is basically the owner of the Maison Valentino.
4) Carlo Borromeo's wife, Marion Sybil Zota, mother of Isabella Borromeo Brachetti Peretti, Lavinia Borromeo Elkann and Matilde Borromeo von Fuerstenberg (Beatrice's half sisters) was not present as far as I know to the wedding.

I hope it's clear...wives and mistresses didn't mingle...!

They could have given to the Press at least one picture !

To me the important think of this civil wedding is that Andrea and Pierre married both before the law in Monaco , in Uncle Albert's State ,his lawyers and Notaries.

I am sure the wedding contracts protect 100 % of their family Estate although both married heiresses.
(very interesting what Debbies from Milano wrote : These sisters has no tittle and belong to the poorest side of the family....)

My guess is that pictures will be released, as both families involved (Grimaldis and Marzotto/Borromeo sisters) want and seek publicity although they may pose as they don't. They have a long history on Italian gossip media and good reasons to seek coverage which ultimately has a positive impact on their businesses. There are also areas where they don't seek media coverage, for instance Matteo Marzotto, Beatrice Borromeo's uncle, is under trial for a large Euro 65million tax evasion (the sale of Valentino brand to Permira). So they do their best to divert media attention to lighter subjects such weddings, charity, Marta Marzotto's kaftans, etc. So let's wait for a few days in time for some key magazines to be released and we'll see.
Re. the Borromeo family: my first job in Milan was with an Asian trading company dealing with them on steel, among others, so I have direct knowledge of this. ;)

Finally! The couple look beautiful, I'm really fond of Beatrice's dress and the flowers in her hair.

Hold on! Let me clarify!

1) The woman in the pink dress with the white fringed headpiece is Marta Ferri, Carlo Ludovico Borromeo's (Beatrice's brother) wife. She's a young, very talented designer
2) Paola Marzotto is Beatrice and Carlo Ludovico's s mother (also a designer) and EX-MISTRESS of the senior Carlo Borromeo (Beatrice's father).
3) Marta Marzotto is Paola's mother, and therfore Beatrice's grandmother. She's had a very colorful life herself. Her son Matteo Marzotto (Beatrice's uncle) is basically the owner of the Maison Valentino.
4) Carlo Borromeo's wife, Marion Sybil Zota, mother of Isabella, Lavinia and Matilde Borromeo (Beatrice's half sisters) was not present as far as I know to the wedding.

I hope it's clear...wives and mistresses didn't mingle...!

At 3: in 2007 part of the ownership in Valentino was sold to Permira, a British private equity firm, for 2.6 billion Euro. Part of Hugo Boss was sold too (a daughter firm of Valentino). Earlier this year the Marzotto family acquired shares in Hugo Boss again but owns only 7%, in no way the majority it had until 2007. But with 2.6 billion Euro in cash on the bank account, plus bulking with shares from a whole diversity of Italian companies, it is clear the Marzotto family, like the Borromeo family, are no exactly pauvre...

:lol:

First pics of the married couple in the civil ceremony (and the wedding dress!)
https://instagram.com/p/5mNnD0zJ15/?taken-by=privategg

EDIT: The dress is by Valentino and so is the dress she wore to the evening gala. Both sketches wore posted in Maison Valentino's instagra but were suddenly removed!
Here it is one:
https://41.media.tumblr.com/b22e4f2c07afe554d2ff11058419bda3/tumblr_ns37mqOMii1sfnisko1_1280.jpg

EDIT2: Another pic
https://36.media.tumblr.com/2b65b1f7d8ff9f91320bd6a6eaefc3b5/tumblr_ns2wsp6RTV1syjnnlo1_1280.jpg

Lovely couple!
They look very happy and beautiful.

I wonder where they will live.

The bride's family are not the owners of the isles. They belong to the affluent side of the Borromeo family, whose chief was Conte Giberto Borromeo Arese, uncle of Beatrice and her sisters, who passed away in February. The family chief is now his son, Vitaliano Borromeo Arese. They are the affluent and key part of the family, run several businesses including the steel industry, always maintained a low profile and rarely appear on the media. The Borromeo sisters belong to the poorest side of the family. Their father has a farm in Lomellina, South of Milan. Marrying all these girls appropriately was an issue for their father, and he succeeded. Most of them have no titles as born out of wedlock(daughter and son of Paola Marzotto). Beatrice has no titles. Addio al principe Giberto Borromeo Arese - La Stampa

Even Pierre is the son of a non-titled commoner. I understand the interest but to try and elevate this to a royal wedding is overstepping it.

Both Beatrice and Pierre are commoners by continental standards.

Lapalissiano.... ;)
Financial figures may need a closer check :flowers:
Interview to economy professor summarising the history of Marzotto Group, changes in management style and recent troubles
Marzotto, decadenza di una dinastia | Vvox

Even Pierre is the son of a non-titled commoner. I understand the interest but to try and elevate this to a royal wedding is overstepping it.

Both Beatrice and Pierre are commoners by continental standards.

Am fully with you and this ultimately is what I was trying to say :flowers:

Last edited:
Juliette , I agree the 3 sisters are titled just not Beatrice.

I have no answer ro my question .
Why all the civil weddings in Monaco : Junot, Casiraghi, Hannover ? Ducruet ??
Andrea and Pierre ???

I have no answer ro my question .
Why all the civil weddings in Monaco : Junot, Casiraghi, Hannover ? Ducruet ??
Andrea and Pierre ???

It is part of the monegasque law: I guess it is so in order to remain in the line of succession the partners are required to wed both in a civil and religious ceremony...

That's not correct. Isabella, Lavinia and Matilda are titled. Beatrice isn't because she was born out of wedlock. Carlo Ludovico as the only boys should be the title heir but he was also born out od wedlock so I'm not sure how that works...:flowers:

I confirm that Carlo Ferdinando, father of Beatrice and the sisters, is a cadet son, belongs to the poorest side of the Borromeo family and is not the owner of the isles. The main branch of the family (and the affluent one holding titles) is the one of Vitaliano Borromeo, current chief of Borromeo family.
Re. the titles: Carlo Ludovico has no title as well as Beatrice as out of wedlock. Re. the other girls (daughters of his wife Marion Zota) I am not even sure whether they have family titles or not. All this shall be verified. ;)

Back
Top Bottom