The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-26-2015, 01:32 PM
Majesty

The pale silver evening ball gown for the dinner at the Hotel de Paris was among the most beautiful I have seen ever, on anyone.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 07-26-2015, 01:33 PM
Majesty

Sadly the sewers are open again in the comments section...

Old 07-26-2015, 01:46 PM
Nobility

I love the evening dress! Great pictures Daily Mail! I wish we had more of the guests, too. How did the videographer from Repubblica managed to get everybodys' back??!! Aaahah.

Franca Sozzani has the "great" ability to get into every picture at every social event...the groom's sister and ant are not there but she is!
Old 07-26-2015, 01:54 PM
Courtier

I love both of the outfits that Beatrice wore on her special day. They were romantic and feminine. The couple looked very good together. Judging by this the religious ceremony next week should be another wonderful occasion for the couple.

I am disappointed, however, with the group pictures. Apart from P Albert, P Caroline, Andrea and P Alexandra I cannot spot any other members of Pierre's family. Mostly Beatrice's family in the pictures. It looks like the photographer just rounded up whoever was around and then took the pictures. I'm missing P Charlene, Charlotte and Gad And P Stephanie and her children. Hope these weren't the official pictures!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 07-26-2015, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

The evening gown is breathtaking, one of the best In ever saw. She is stunning. They both confirm how dream couple 👫 they are. Can't wait to see her next Saturday in a white regal wedding dress.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:19 PM
Majesty

It seems Charlene wasn't there for the pics... Even the twins attended but I think the palace carefuly chose not to include them in the photo....
Old 07-26-2015, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

Very nice and fresh wedding outfit, I like both the colour and style.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Speak for yourself wartenberg7. But I don't know any Borromeo's, Casiraghi's, Agnelli's.

And I especially don't have friends or family members that own islands as lush or as beautiful as the Borromean Islands.

You were interested enough to click into the thread.

Yes, before I looked at the pics...
Old 07-26-2015, 03:08 PM
Nobility

So there was a clash of dates between the Red Croos Ball and the civil wedding, regrettable in my view, the reason for the absence of Charlène, apparently??
Old 07-26-2015, 03:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
So there was a clash of dates between the Red Croos Ball and the civil wedding, regrettable in my view, the reason for the absence of Charlène, apparently??
I don't think that Charlene did not attend the wedding, I just think she wasn't included in the group photos just as Charlotte, P Stephanie etc. It seems that the pictures just like the entire affair were very casual (relatively speaking of course!).

Marty, how do you know the twins attended?
Old 07-26-2015, 03:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
I love both of the outfits that Beatrice wore on her special day. They were romantic and feminine. The couple looked very good together. Judging by this the religious ceremony next week should be another wonderful occasion for the couple.

I am disappointed, however, with the group pictures. Apart from P Albert, P Caroline, Andrea and P Alexandra I cannot spot any other members of Pierre's family. Mostly Beatrice's family in the pictures. It looks like the photographer just rounded up whoever was around and then took the pictures. I'm missing P Charlene, Charlotte and Gad And P Stephanie and her children. Hope these weren't the official pictures!

Is there a good pic of Beatrice's evening gown? I couldn't see it well at the video.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:12 PM
Courtier

^^^previous
Capri, if you turn to Beatrice's Fashion and Style thread, you will see some good pics of her gown. It was srunning!

Old 07-26-2015, 04:34 PM
Majesty

beatrice looked lovely, and so did charlotte in the very few pictures i saw. i assume charlene wore the lovely red suit she wore to the red cross gala, and if so, she looked superb too!
i'm surprised though that beatrice didn't ask mr valentino himself to make her gown (just like madeleine did), with all the connections her family has to valentino's couture house.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-26-2015, 05:25 PM
Nobility

I thought that Beatrice looked lovely in both outfits.I was underwhelmed by Charlotte and what I could (barely ) see of Pauline and Stephanie. A few things have troubled me, namely the fact that we could not see most of the members of Pierre's family in the family photos and the apparent lack of effort that his family seemed to have put into their attire. Is there some latent hostility that we don't know about? I guess we will have to see if anything ( photo -wise ) is published later or if we happen to see lovely family photos of the religious wedding. I guess there was a happier family photo when Andrea got married so the contrast between them is more stark.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Wedding of Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo, July 25 & August 1, 2015

Congratulations to Pierre and Beatrice! The photos are great but it's a shame not to see all of Pierre's relatives in the group photo. I wonder why Charlene and the twins weren't in the photos, perhaps she had to go to the Red Cross Ball at the time they were being taken. I agree it wasn't the best of decisions to have the Red Cross Ball on the same day as the wedding (or the wedding on the same day as the Red Cross Ball).

Quote:

I've just come back from the Cote d'Azur (and was near the Hotel de Paris last week) and I read a recent interview with Gad in a magazine, which said that Gad is currently on a comedy tour, so that's probably why he was absent.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-26-2015, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I see no pix of the couple that day, only old pix....

At last a pic on Hello site : Beatrice Borromeo marries Pierre Casiraghi in pink Valentino wedding dress - hellomagazine.com
It looks beautiful
Old 07-26-2015, 08:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I wonder why Charlene and the twins weren't in the photos, perhaps she had to go to the Red Cross Ball at the time they were being taken. I agree it wasn't the best of decisions to have the Red Cross Ball on the same day as the wedding (or the wedding on the same day as the Red Cross Ball).

I've just come back from the Cote d'Azur (and was near the Hotel de Paris last week) and I read a recent interview with Gad in a magazine, which said that Gad is currently on a comedy tour, so that's probably why he was absent.
Gad was there.
The Red Cross Ball was much later in the day. Both Prince Albert and Princess Charlene attended.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:36 AM
Courtier

Italy has a huge coast line. Does anyone know exactly where the Borromeon Islands are situated? How many islands are there and has it been confirmed on which one the religious ceremony will take place?

Also, I wonder if P Charlene and the twins will travel with P Albert to the wedding.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Italy has a huge coast line. Does anyone know exactly where the Borromeon Islands are situated? How many islands are there and has it been confirmed on which one the religious ceremony will take place?

Also, I wonder if P Charlene and the twins will travel with P Albert to the wedding.

The Borromeo island are not in the sea. They are inside a lake in North of Italy, the Lago Maggiore. One magnificent place, as far as we can say that because most of the places in Italy are indeed all splendid.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borromean_Islands
Old 07-27-2015, 02:15 AM
Courtier

^^^previous

Thanks for this info, fandesacs. The pictures I have seen are indeed magnificent! It will be a beautiful setting for a wedding.