The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-26-2015, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The bride's father Count Carlo Borromeo, his wife Marta, and his mistress(the mother-of-the-bride) all gathered together to enjoy a family wedding.

I love it!

Marta is not Carlo' s wife, but Beatrice's maternal grandmother, that's Paola's Mom.

Again, Beatrice bears no noble title as well as her brother, since their parents never married. She can't be styled as 'Donna' either, because of the above mentioned reason. She's just la 'sciura Casiraghi' (in the Milanese dialect) or la signora Casiraghi/Mrs. Casiraghi. However in the eyes of the Italian law she'll always bear her maiden name.
Her mother is styled Donna Paola of the Counts Marzotto di Schio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbies View Post
I confirm that Carlo Ferdinando, father of Beatrice and the sisters, is a cadet son, belongs to the poorest side of the Borromeo family and is not the owner of the isles. The main branch of the family (and the affluent one holding titles) is the one of Vitaliano Borromeo, current chief of Borromeo family.
Re. the titles: Carlo Ludovico has no title as well as Beatrice as out of wedlock. Re. the other girls (daughters of his wife Marion Zota) I am not even sure whether they have family titles or not. All this shall be verified.
Debbies, as far as I know the Italian aristocratic women don't get any title, apart from 'Donna' (Lady), which is a honorary one. The daughter fo Prince Rispoli explained that she is styled as Donna Giacinta of the Princes Ruspoli, not Princess Giacinta Ruspoli.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:25 AM
Nobility

I am not sure about Monegasque law but in Italy, a woman who marries does not change surname so, technically, she will always be Mrs. Beatrice Borromeo "in" Casiraghi. But, yes, I can see how she will be "la sciura Casiraghi".. ahah!

Old 07-26-2015, 10:28 AM
Aristocracy

And going back in time, let's share a piece of factual information on the groom - for the Italian public, this is the only action worth notice that he's taken so far: illegally spraying walls in Milan in 2007. Pierre graffitaro a Milano. The police did not catch him but the paparazzi did. All he got was a parking fine.
Can you imagine what happens if you spray walls in Montecarlo?

The hilarious side of the story is the speculation that the graffiti was his self portrait.
Story of how photographers spotted Pierre spraying walls at night and account of his comments:
Casiraghi jr graffitaro a Milano . Corriere della Sera

Pictures:
Pierre Casiraghi, il writer che imbratta i muri: ovviamente non di Montecarlo

This is to say that this is a wedding of collateral and sometimes controversial figures, not nobility let alone royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Debbies, as far as I know the Italian aristocratic women don't get any title, apart from 'Donna' (Lady), which is a honorary one. The daughter fo Prince Rispoli explained that she is styled as Donna Giacinta of the Princes Ruspoli, not Princess Giacinta Ruspoli.
Tosca, I'm not sure of this. I know a principessa of Southern Italian nobility who says she has got the title via her father, while her brother is the heir prince - or at least this is what she says. In my understanding, it depends on whether your father files an update on the Libro d'Oro della Nobilta' Italiana. But again, I would seek advice from an expert to be entirely sure.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
And going back in time, let's share a piece of factual information on the groom - for the Italian public, this is the only action worth notice that he's taken so far: illegally spraying walls in Milan in 2007. Pierre graffitaro a Milano. The police did not catch him but the paparazzi did. All he got was a parking fine.
Can you imagine what happens if you spray walls in Montecarlo?

The hilarious side of the story is the speculation that the graffiti was his self portrait.
Story:
Casiraghi jr graffitaro a Milano . Corriere della Sera

Pictures:
Pierre Casiraghi, il writer che imbratta i muri: ovviamente non di Montecarlo

This is to say that this is a wedding of collateral and sometimes controversial figures, not nobility let alone royals.
I had missed that story! Not funny....

Lots more pictures on Olycom! Olycom - News

Pauline Ducruet looks like she's going to the beach...and I'm not sure what to make of the yellow "ricard" bar
Old 07-26-2015, 11:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos
Pierre Casi_ra_ghi et Beatrice Borro_meo se sont dit oui - Gala
Old 07-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Thanks!! Finally Great pictures!!!
Great to see Pierre's 90-year-old Carisaghi grandma!

I love all of this! The dress, the style, the relaxed tone! Well-done!

P.S. Where are Charlene and Charlotte?
Old 07-26-2015, 11:10 AM
Nobility

No Charlene?
Old 07-26-2015, 11:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Somehow I can´t imagine, who would be more nobility than nephew of sovereign of Monaco and girl, whose father is a Count from one of the most famous Italian noble families and whose mother is a Countess.
This is an example of exquisite match of two famous families.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraHel View Post
Somehow I can´t imagine, who would be more nobility than nephew of sovereign of Monaco and girl, whose father is a Count from one of the most famous Italian noble families and whose mother is a Countess.
Let's agree to disagree
Old 07-26-2015, 11:38 AM
Serene Highness

Could this thread please be about the wedding and not some subtle dishing on the couple? It's getting tiring

Anyway.

I really like the family photo and I can spy Ernst-August jr.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 07-26-2015, 11:46 AM
Serene Highness

Bea was very sweet! Her sisters were very beautiful and chic and Marta's style is my fav!
Old 07-26-2015, 11:53 AM
Nobility

I can't see Charlene or Stephanie in the group pic, weird. Especially since we've seen pics of Stephanie arriving!
Old 07-26-2015, 12:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I have to agree. They might not be titled, but I have a hard time picturing them as some garden variety Continental Signor/Signora. They are commoners only by a technicality...not by fact.

They live more like nobility or Royals than many of the actual ones and have done so their entire lives. Their children will live on a scale most can only fantasize about.

I am still struggling to pick myself off the floor from viewing the Borromeo/Marzotta properties. They consider their 17th century palace/villa "new"??!!

Thanks everyone for spoiling my fun and clearing up the wife/husband/mistress situation at the wedding!
Old 07-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Nobility

Así han celebrado el 'sí, quiero' de Pierre y Beatrice

video Hotel de Paris
Old 07-26-2015, 01:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyanka View Post

AT LAST!!! We have a photo!!!
Old 07-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

I don't like the colour of her dress (in this case), but they look happy.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post

P.Caroline looks quite pretty (although we can not see what´s she wearing... ) and Alexandra is wearing heels Now, that's a firts!!!
Old 07-26-2015, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree. In some countries, like the Netherlands, the natural son or daughter from a titled father, even born out of wedlock, can request to bear their father's surname, title, form of address and coat-of-arms when they desire so. Carlos Hugo Roderick Sybren Klynstra, the son of the Duke of Parma, who was born out of wedlock can go to the Court of Justice and lay down a request to be bear the surname De Bourbon de Parme, the title of Prince, the style His Royal Highness and the coat-of-arms of the House de Bourbon de Parme and have his full names and titulature registered in all formal documents.

The fact that the young man, now 18 years and adult, has not submitted such a request, is probably because he is aware of the settlement which was cordially agreed between his mother and his natural father, back then in 1997. This is illustrative how thin the difference is between being noble or not being noble. Donna Beatrice is the daughter of a Count Borromeo and a Countess Marzotto. Everyone will understand that she has the blood of two noble dynasties in her veins.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Courtier

WOW!!! The party dress is absolutely breathtaking!