The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-05-2015, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Did the Borromeo had such a lot of paparazzi for Isabella, Lavinia and Mathilde's Weddings ? I doubt !!

Old 08-05-2015, 07:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Did the Borromeo had such a lot of paparazzi for Isabella, Lavinia and Mathilde's Weddings ? I doubt !!
Lavilia's wedding was open I think. They were many photos from inside the Palace, which were official. I do not know about Mathilde and Isabella.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

I can't imagine that the interest in the other weddings was near as big as in this one. I think it is most of all because Piere is a son of Princess Caroline and grandson of Rainier and the legendary Grace Kelly, a Grimaldi (more or less ).

Old 08-05-2015, 07:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalOutcast View Post
at the very least, they did not spend the money of taxpayers

[...]
Strictly spoken the wedding did cost taxpayers' money. In both Monte-Carlo as well in Italy public services, police forces and security were enforced at public costs. And that is no problem. The State is responsible for public order, no matter if it is a football game or a high-profile wedding.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:36 AM
Aristocracy

In return for us, as italian taxpayers we got positive exposure of our beautiful sites and publicity for tourism... not bad at all ; )
Old 08-05-2015, 09:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Lavilia's wedding was open I think. They were many photos from inside the Palace, which were official. I do not know about Mathilde and Isabella.
I remember pics of Lavinia's wedding in magazines, with Berlusconi for example.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Béatrice has always declared being against Berlusconi. I do not think she would never invite him. Nevertheless Lavinia married the Fiat heir, it is normal that her wedding 💒 would be full of political connections.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Nobility

Apparently the new Spanish edition of Hello has many new photos of the wedding, if someone with access to the magazine could share these that would be great!!!
Old 08-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Commoner

I wonder what was the reason for a religous wedding given that the bride is a self proclaimed aetheist ?
Old 08-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
From Mathilda's Wedding some official photos where relaised. Point de Vue had some nice exclusive pics.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by drusi66 View Post
Well said, agree 100% !
Hard to understand how some people pretend to know the kind of relationship among the families on the base of some press pics .
If you go back and read my post, you'll see I used the verb 'wonder', because I've never seen pics of Caroline next to Paola or any other member of the Borromeo/Marzotto family at the last Rose Ball, and was wondering. If you have such a picture, please post it, so some of us will stop wondering, and bothering you. Or perhaps you're an insider and know it all, or maybe you're Mary Kate in desguise.

So if you are so knowledgeable, you should stop calling Beatrice a 'countess' or 'donna' she's neither. I also read that her father lost his title when marrying Marion Zota, a commoner. Besides, he owns only Islet San Giovanni, the other islands belonging to Prince Vitaliano Borromeo, Beatrice's cousin. Moreover there are a few places named after the Borromeos in Northern Italy, it doesn't mean that they still belong to that family: sometimes it's just a historical nameplace such as Peschiera Borromeo, a town near Milan, or the Villa Borrromeo in Arcore which is the seat of the local town council, which is also the current owner.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just bought copy of Hello ( the pics/article are about the Monaco celebrations, I assume they will cover the religious ceremony next week) - there is a very silly remark about Pauline Ducret to accompany a picture of her preparing to jump down a large water slide near the yachting club in Monaco it .."doesn't deter trained circus performer Pauline" - what about the little matter of her previous diving experience and someone who has represented her country?!
Old 08-05-2015, 03:25 PM
Courtier

Perhaps to have their children remain in the Royal family is the reason that the marriage was also performed in a Roman Catholic Church? It is part of their constitution that heirs be Roman Catholic I believe.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

No, a religious wedding is not needed to remain in the line of succession. The civil wedding is enough for that. Eg. Caroline had only civil weddings with Stefano Casiraghi and EA of Hannover.

Old 08-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Courtier

Caroline and Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
No, a religious wedding is not needed to remain in the line of succession. The civil wedding is enough for that. Eg. Caroline had only civil weddings with Stefano Casiraghi and EA of Hannover.
Caroline got an annulment from The Vatican did she not at one stage, so she could remarry? Didn't EH have to go to Queen Elizabeth II for permission to marry Caroline as he is still in the line of succession for the British Crown as she is Roman Catholic? If she had married outside of the faith she would be excommunicated and hence no longer able to receive the sacrements ?
Old 08-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I fully understand why they did a religious wedding.
First of all we all talk about her being atheist but what about Pierre? He might be strong catholic and she accepted to please him.
Another explanation is the family and social circle.
If I could compare Italy to Greece here in Greece very few people do a civil wedding. The huge majority even if they are not religious they go to the churche for marriage. Because the family wAnts it and because it is the social habit. Maybe they did for the same reason.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

In monaco religious wedding is needed for succession. The casiraghi siblings where "graced" (graziati) via a special procedure of the catholic Church years ago and were therefore enabled to enter the succession line.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:16 PM
Serene Highness

A religious wedding is not required, as far as I'm aware. The Ducruet children are in the line of succession and Princess Stephanie only married civilly.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbies View Post
In monaco religious wedding is needed for succession. The casiraghi siblings where "graced" (graziati) via a special procedure of the catholic Church years ago and were therefore enabled to enter the succession line.
Thank you Debbies, I remember reading about it in a Roman Catholic paper at the time and I checked online and I read that about Caroline's children and their being admitted to the line of succession.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Gentry

Caroline married Stefano Casiraghi in a civil Wedding because for The Catholic Church she was still married with Philippe Junot. At that time Caroline already asked the Religious Wedding Annulment to the Sacra Rota (Catholic Church Court). Unfortunatly the Annulment came late (1992) and she could not marry, in a Religious Ceremony, Stefano who died in 1990. Soon after the Annulment the Roman Catholic Church recognised the Casiraghi siblings as Catholics and they enter in the Succession Line. Hope to have cleared This matter.