Wedding of Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo, July 25 & August 1, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Albert and Caroline paid for the celebrations at the Palace...Albert's staff of course created the menu and the beautiful floral arrangements at the Palace. In the morning I read that Beatrice's mother hosted a breakfast and of course in the evening there was a dinner at the Hotel de Paris hosted by Princess Caroline. She can well afford to have foot the bill for that one.:cool:

In the Borromean Isles, Beatrice's family probably paid for everything.

Last edited:
That's what I think too: each family paid the bill for the wedding that took place in their country.

I agree that the Monaco - Montecarlo part of the wedding was probably 100% or so funded by Grimaldi and there is no problem there.
Borromeo family: the bride has not much personal money (except the income as journalist / contributor that can vary a lot depending on experience and popularity), everything she's done so far has been funded by someone else (studyng, high life, dresses) and she not a large heiress as her father is a minor member of the Borromeo family as discussed previously. In addition she has another 3 sisters and a brother.
The Borromeo family may have given as present the use of their property venues (Islet of San Giovanni and Castello di Angera). But being that the Borromeo owner is the uncle of the bride and he has already offered hospitality to her sisters weddings in the other islands, I would not expect that he has covered the expenses of the bride, honestly.
We also need to remember the bill of the hotels for guests, Grand Hotel Des Iles Borromees and Hotel Majestic.
Let's come to the Marzottos then. In Italy normally the family of the bride covers the wedding dress. In this case Beatrice had several wedding and function dresses. There is the possibility that she did not pay for all of them, that she lent some of them and the designers got publicity in return.
I read somewhere that the whole bride's family was dressed by Armani. I don't think that Giorgio Armani would be happy to dress up the whole Marzotto party for free as he does not need to this, but who knows?
Some branches of the Marzotto family are affluent and successfull, others aren't.
There has been a serious breach between Marzotto family members following the recent tax scandal and other company issues. I tend to believe that those who are seriously rich and successfull stay away from the spotlight, and they are those who did not appear in any picture of the wedding. Those who need media attention are also good in keeping up appearances, but who knows really? :)
Hence my curiosity ;)

How does Beatrice's dad live? I mean all these estates are magnificent, but out of that mainly do not belong to Carlo Borromeo, do they produce money? Does he have a job? He has an expensive life, two separate families to support and 5 children raised into the high society, 4 weddings with rich men, you have to follow. All this is very expensive. How does he afford?
And a last question: he spent most of his life going back and forth between two ladies and having kids, but now with which lady does he live? Beatrice'm mum or the other lady?

How does Beatrice's dad live? I mean all these estates are magnificent, but out of that mainly do not belong to Carlo Borromeo, do they produce money? Does he have a job? He has an expensive life, two separate families to support and 5 children raised into the high society, 4 weddings with rich men, you have to follow. All this is very expensive. How does he afford?
And a last question: he spent most of his life going back and forth between two ladies and having kids, but now with which lady does he live? Beatrice'm mum or the other lady?

As far as I know from media info and interviews to Beatrice herself: her father Carlo Borromeo has a farm in Lomellina, south of Milan, were his daughters and sons grew up. That's his only publicly confirmed property and activity. He also lives on the San Giovanni Islet on Lago Maggiore but I have no confirmed info that he is the owner of that residence, which could be the family chief, Vitaliano Borromeo. My impression is that he was very lucky having all his daughters marrying into wealthy families.
The Marzotto family has probably contributed to the costs for the daughter and son with Paola Marzotto.
According to an interview to Beatrice dated about 3-4 years ago, Carlo Borromeo has now returned in the couple with his wife, Marion Zota.
This is all I know. :flowers:

I have found some more updated information on Carlo Borromeos' properties.The farm in Lomellina is named Costa Rossa and is a large dairy farm.
He owns some real estate property in Central Milan, Piazza Borromeo 10, estimated value about Euro 24 million, rent profit declared is about 600,000 Euro per year and other real estate properties and land.
The Costa Rossa farm shares (bare property) belong to his 3 daughters with Marion Zota, 33.33% each (not inclduing Beatrice and her brother Carlo then).

le cognatine di john elkann si mettono in affari (coi mariti) - Business

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks fine to me. Gad was in a conversation also, before she interrupted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that the Monaco - Montecarlo part of the wedding was probably 100% or so funded by Grimaldi and there is no problem there.
Borromeo family: the bride has not much personal money (except the income as journalist / contributor that can vary a lot depending on experience and popularity), everything she's done so far has been funded by someone else (studyng, high life, dresses) and she not a large heiress as her father is a minor member of the Borromeo family as discussed previously. In addition she has another 3 sisters and a brother.
The Borromeo family may have given as present the use of their property venues (Islet of San Giovanni and Castello di Angera). But being that the Borromeo owner is the uncle of the bride and he has already offered hospitality to her sisters weddings in the other islands, I would not expect that he has covered the expenses of the bride, honestly.
We also need to remember the bill of the hotels for guests, Grand Hotel Des Iles Borromees and Hotel Majestic.
Let's come to the Marzottos then. In Italy normally the family of the bride covers the wedding dress. In this case Beatrice had several wedding and function dresses. There is the possibility that she did not pay for all of them, that she lent some of them and the designers got publicity in return.
I read somewhere that the whole bride's family was dressed by Armani. I don't think that Giorgio Armani would be happy to dress up the whole Marzotto party for free as he does not need to this, but who knows?
Some branches of the Marzotto family are affluent and successfull, others aren't.
There has been a serious breach between Marzotto family members following the recent tax scandal and other company issues. I tend to believe that those who are seriously rich and successfull stay away from the spotlight, and they are those who did not appear in any picture of the wedding. Those who need media attention are also good in keeping up appearances, but who knows really? :)
Hence my curiosity ;)

I wonder if Beatrice's father gave an account of money to his four daughters as a gift for their marriage. I had read that Rainier had asked from Grace's father 10 million dollars ασ dowry. In Greece this habit exists although there is not obligatory.

Pierre and Beatrice have been dating for so many years that it is safe to say that this a love match. I think that we can clearly rule out that Pierre married her for a dowry.

Pierre and Beatrice have been dating for so many years that it is safe to say that this a love match. I think that we can clearly rule out that Pierre married her for a dowry.

I agree wtih you. Althiugh I don't like Beatrice, I think she is the perfect match for Pierre, and I feel that both Pierre and his brother have chosen the right woman to spend their life with... I've alwasy got the impression that Beatrice and Tatiana were the ones for them.:flowers:

I agree wtih you. Althiugh I don't like Beatrice, I think she is the perfect match for Pierre, and I feel that both Pierre and his brother have chosen the right woman to spend their life with... I've alwasy got the impression that Beatrice and Tatiana were the ones for them.:flowers:

I agree that Pierre and Beatrice are the most suitable couple. I 've always found their relationship perfect. The same is for Andrea and Tatiana, although they seem to me more like friends than couple. Sorry for my english. I hope you understand what I mean.

Ciao Capri, i haven't heard any suggestion by the local media that a dowry was required or paid by Beatrice 's family

Ciao Capri, i haven't heard any suggestion by the local media that a dowry was required or paid by Beatrice 's family

Thank you, Debbies! I think that nobody could officially learn something like this. I also think that Beatrice is the most suitable wife for Pierre. She is very beautiful, stylish, classy and well educated. She also belongs to a very rich and powerful family. From an emotional point of view, she is Italian and Pierre can be closer to his father's country, can use his father's native language etc.

I agree that Pierre and Beatrice are the most suitable couple. I 've always found their relationship perfect. The same is for Andrea and Tatiana, although they seem to me more like friends than couple. Sorry for my english. I hope you understand what I mean.

Your english sounds very good, so no worries.:flowers:
As I already said, I've always thought that the two boys would one day settle down, once it was clear they were in a commited relationship.:flowers:

it's obvious that both pierre and andrea chose very suitable brides, i'm sure caroline is in heaven with having both tatiana and beatrice. more than one ruling family would have killed to have a consort like them!

Although not very fond of Beatrice particularly, I think she is the most beautiful of the bunch, and the most elegant of all. She is much more princely and stylish than Charlotte and Tatiana. And seems to be making something of her life, despite all hypocrisy, lack of talent and spoiled behavior. She was a beautiful bride.

I have some questions.
Beatrice, in spite of belonging to an aristocratic family, is heir to something? wealthy wise

The hotel is run by the family, right? More specifically Vitaliano?

And the Rocca di Angera castle, what specific the location of it? It is one of the islands or the mainland? It was not very clear to me. And it is used as a private house or just as a museum?

And finally, there is any information of the menu, cake and the like? :D

Last edited:
Ciao mandy, Vitaliano Borromeo is the family chief and beatrice's uncle or cousin. He has his heirs already. His family, not beatrice's, owns the isles and i believe also Rocca di angera.

Last edited:
:previous:I admit that I was not that impressed with photos I saw online of Beatrice's actual religious ceremony bridal gown-I thought it looked rather plain compared to the other spectacular dresses she wore over the two days of her nuptial celebrations.

But those photos show it to have been a real masterpiece, simply stunning.

She was one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen.:)

Back
Top Bottom