Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattomatto View Post
the perfect summary .. I know, I'm bad ..
Me too

For our foreign readers it means that she'll be the one wearing the trousers in the family.

Old 08-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Including security, Prince William's wedding cost over £20m or around 34 million US dollars. Still not much by royal standards I guess.
Not much?? Too much, because wedding of CP Victoria of Sweden cost over 10 million SEK (swedish krona) around 15 million SEK. Prince William and his wife had too many guest: around 1200-1800 in the church and around 800 at the reception at the palace. Their private party had 500 guests so too much people too much costs!

Old 08-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I have no idea how much it cost, frankly none of us really knows. But the week-long nuptial celebrations of Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo celebrated in Monte Carlo and Lago di Maggiore in settings of unprecedented beauty and wealth were by far the most glamorous I have seen in many years. It united aristocracy, Royalty, the worlds of high fashion and finance, and old money. There was, God be praised, not even a hint of Hollywood present.

And the absolute undisputed star of the show was the gorgeous bride, descendant of one of Italy's most ancient aristocratic dynasties.

It was, for me at least, the real Wedding of the Year, far surpassing the Swedish Royal wedding in June despite it's Volvo cars with leather interiors.
I agree! Both Pierre and his brother had fairytale weddings and the best I've seen of any "royal wedding". Here's to hoping Charlotte decides to join the club!
Old 08-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Don' t worry for the cost! The major of Angera said that the fireworks and all that jazz are covered by the city's taxpayers:

Here
Old 08-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Commoner

I haven't seen photos of Matteo Marzotto .. I wonder if he was at the wedding ..
Old 08-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Majesty

For the Casiraghi/Borromeo Nuptials, close to a thousand guests were housed and feted in Monte Carlo Monaco, one of the most expensive cities on the planet. The evening Gala at the ultra exclusive Hotel de Paris alone must have cost Caroline of Hanover a king's ransom.

Now we arrive at Lago di Maggiore, where we have food, beverages, hotel/castle accommodations and speedboats to transport over a thousand wedding guests around the Borromean Islands over 2-3 days.

All this is not even counting the bride's FIVE custom made haute couture gowns.

My guess is that most people could live very comfortably for the rest of their lives off of the $$ that went into this extravaganza.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:29 PM
Nobility

For me this wedding looked like celebrity wedding... maybe like George Clooney wedding? :)
Old 08-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Majesty

I disagree completely. The Clooney wedding, while extravagant and glamorous, was pure Hollywood nouveau riche. There was no aristocracy, no Royalty, no association with historical dynasties...just fashion and money. It took place at an exclusive hotel in Venice...not ancient family owned palaces and castles.

The only thing Clooney/Alamuddin wedding had in common with Casi/Borromeo was Italy and wealth, imo.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:49 PM
Courtier

Looking at the lovely pictures of the boat, island, dock, et al, it brought to mind when Grace Kelly arrived to Monaco on a yacht, with her Prince waiting to greet her:

How lovely to think Pierre's maternal grandparents were there in a way, to pay homage to them, both arriving via water for their respective wedding(s).
Old 08-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Royal Highness

Besides Tatiana, I think most of the women were not on their best. Beatrice ofcourse was gorgeous, although I'm slightly disappointed she opted out of a tiara.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

The Borromeo family tiara was not for her.

When I see again the PdV pictures of Lavinna's wedding it was in the Borromeo huge Palace , reception in the Palace and the wedding in a Chapel of the palace of Isola Madre.

A completely other world..
Old 08-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Strictly spoken Donna Beatrice wore only two wedding dresses: one at the civil ceremony in Monaco and one at the religious ceremony in Italy. All other outfits were for the surrounding festivities and not a "wedding dress".

It seems the guests were staying at the Grand Hotel des Îles Borromées (5 stars). See picture.

Athina Onassis, herself a professional show jumping amazone, is married with Álvaro Afonso de Miranda Neto, a professional show jumping rider. Both of them are very involved with the happy few, travelling all around the world, attending concourses hippique, by nature very posh events. They are waaaay older than Donna Beatrice and Pierre, it is really not so strange they were not among the guests....

Athina Onassis Roussel was born in January 1985 in Paris, the same year as the bride. It is her 12-13 years older husband Doda who is considerably older than the bride and groom.

Anyway as you stated, they have their own very exclusive circle that they choose to travel in.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Besides Tatiana, I think most of the women were not on their best. Beatrice ofcourse was gorgeous, although I'm slightly disappointed she opted out of a tiara.
Beatrice looked gorgeous in each of her dresses. But I too was disappointed at the lack of a tiara. She wore some floral hair ornaments which I think were the same which Princesses Charlene had borrowed from Princess Caroline. But with all the perfection in her gowns, I think that the wedding hairstyle was Beatrice's only miss. Imo, the way the veil was fixed looked odd, and her hairstyle and the way the diamond brooches were fixed seemed a bit awkward.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Majesty

The absence of a tiara seems very "Beatrice" despite the posh, regal surroundings and her aristocratic lineage. I am not at all surprised that she decided to forego one.

I'm a little disappointed, but she more than made up for it with her no holds barred megawatt beauty and style. I honestly barely noticed the lack of a tiara on such an incandescent bride.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Beatrice looked gorgeous in each of her dresses. But I too was disappointed at the lack of a tiara. She wore some floral hair ornaments which I think were the same which Princesses Charlene had borrowed from Princess Caroline. But with all the perfection in her gowns, I think that the wedding hairstyle was Beatrice's only miss. Imo, the way the veil was fixed looked odd, and her hairstyle and the way the diamond brooches were fixed seemed a bit awkward.
I think the floral pieces Beatrice wore where much smaller then the one worn by Charlene. At last iot looks o on the pics i have seen of her from the side. Perhaps some peaces could taken out of peace worn by Charlene.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

Matteo Marzotto was interviewed by corriere della sera yesterday and said He is overseas. Thanks Tosca for informing that diamante Marzotto was there. How about the other 300 Marzottos? All overseas just these days? :0
Old 08-02-2015, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The Borromeo family tiara was not for her.

When I see again the PdV pictures of Lavinna's wedding it was in the Borromeo huge Palace , reception in the Palace and the wedding in a Chapel of the palace of Isola Madre.

A completely other world..
Different venues for the two weddings?
Old 08-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Courtier

Addendum to my prior post:

I just wanted to say that in no way, shape, or form did Beatrice & Pierre's wedding resemble something out of hollywood. The only thing Pierre's wedding had in common with his glamorous maternal grandmother's was that they both arrived via water and by boat. Other than that one can see the obvious contrast(s).

His grandmother arrived in a fabulous hollywood huge yacht, whereas Bea & Pierre arrived in a humble beautiful little boat. As well, Bea & Pierre's wedding was not overdone nor were they. Their pedigree & class is all they really needed.

Lastly, I love the fact that it was not televised and was a fairly private affair between two aristocratic noble families.

Lol, now I can't wait for the next chapter in their lives ~ hopefully babies!
Old 08-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think the floral pieces Beatrice wore where much smaller then the one worn by Charlene. At last iot looks o on the pics i have seen of her from the side. Perhaps some peaces could taken out of peace worn by Charlene.
I think that Charlene’s floral hair ornament consists of many small elements that can be arranged in innumerous different ways. That way it was possible for Charlene to have it arranged all around her bun. I can imagine that Beatrice wore only a small part of it on one side of her head, and maybe some more on the other side. But there is only one picture, and that is a wide shot. So it is difficult to tell if they are the same design.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

Well, a commoner girl (though of aristocratic lineage) married a commoner man without any royal titles, too. So a tiara would have been pretty unappropriate.