The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
I loved her pre wed party dress/gown and the wedding gown was nice too. Recognised many of the guests. But I wonder why Athina Onassis doesn't attend any of these celebrations, imagining of course that she was invited in the first place. Lots of security were visible here in Italy.

Why Athina Onassis should be invited at first place? She is not friends or the couple. She has a loose connection with Charlotte because of the horses but this is all. And Charlotte was not at Athina's wedging. Why Athina should be at Pierre's one?

Old 08-01-2015, 09:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
Indeed, in my opinion the bride overshadowed everyone else! Her choices were elegant, stylish and romantic. I was very disappointed with the outfits worn by most of the other guests, including P Caroline, Tatiana and Charlotte. P Alexandra and Pauline looked nice. I didn't see Camille at today's events, was she present? And of course, I'm disappointed that P Albert and P Charlene did not attend.

Beatrice and Pierre make a striking and glamorous couple. I hope their happiness will continue as it was evident over the past two weekends of their wedding celebrations.
I agree!! I found Princess Alexandra particularly nice, but all the other guests quite disappointing. I bet we'll see some good outfits from the Lavinia, Isabella and Matilde!

Here's Isabella: quite understated but nice (her dress at the civil ceremony was much nicer and elegant. Go figure) http://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview.a...abId=editorial

And here's a look at her evening gown. Very pretty http://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview.a...abId=editorial (Is she carrying some sort of windbreaker/umbrella in that black bag???!! She had it earlier , too!)

Old 08-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Majesty

Beatrice has set a record for SIX costume changes at her wedding and looked like perfection each time...
07/25/2015...Monte Carlo, Monaco
1)pale lavender lace trimmed in gold for Civil Ceremony
2)Monegasque national costume for Palace Garden reception
3)backless Valentino tulle ball gown for Gala dinner at the Hotel de Paris

08/01/2015...Borromeo Islands, Lago di Maggiore
1)sheer lace gown with pink underskirt for wedding eve cocktail party
2)simple but striking formal bridal gown with long train and veil for religious service
3)showstopper white Grecian goddess dress for wedding dinner

I've got to give it to this girl, she could give lessons on how to look like a perfect bride! I agree with C4A...the bride overshadowed EVERYONE at this event and had no competition. She was definitely the star of her own show!

Whoever did Caroline's hair for this event should sign on as her personal stylist, her hair looked great.

I've seen Charlotte look much better than she has lately, something is really "off" with her. She looks gaunt and hard, not good.

Pauline Ducruet is really blossoming.

Haakon of Norway looked handsome and elegant, and Mette-Marit looked like herself.

That landing looked not only uncomfortable but dangerous. I am surprised no one slipped and fell!

All in all, a very grand, magnificent event truly deserving the Wedding Of The Year title it's gotten.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:35 PM
Nobility

Oh my goodness, I had missed this picture of Princess Caroline !
Is "disappointing? the right word? I'd like to be diplomatic but...

Forhåndsvisning | Scanpix

Cute Picture of Princess Alexandra: it definitely looks like she was a bridesmaid Forhåndsvisning | Scanpix

(all these guests, carrying packages, bags, umbrellas, suitcases...!! I've never seen anything like it!!)

This picture is funny. "Pierre to the Rescue!" HE is helping this man while the groomsmen look the other way...Imagine if he had slipped or gotten wet! Gossip. Matrimonio Casiraghi e Borromeo, lo sposo lascia l'isola dopo la cerimonia - LaPresse Incidentally, high quality pictures from lapresse.it (owned by the Elkanns - all in the family!)

Matilde Borromeo's evening gown...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...8476391606.jpg

Most beautiful picture http://www.therealmyroyals.com/wp-co...2015/08/vv.jpg
Old 08-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some of the ugliest fashions I have ever seen at any wedding. I haven't seen the bride. The rest are just awful, from start to finish.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Some of the ugliest fashions I have ever seen at any wedding. I haven't seen the bride. The rest are just awful, from start to finish.

I agree. Except for the spectacular bride and the beauty of the Borromean Islands, this event was not a feast for the eyes!
Old 08-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's so sweet how he held her and helped her into the boat.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-01-2015, 11:20 PM
Heir Apparent

The mothers of the bride and groom looked overly adorned, imo. Too much lace, bows, feathers, flowers. Bea's mother's hair looked really bad. Bea's sister Isabella looked beautiful in both her outfits, I didn't like her sister Matilda gown. Have not seen Lavinia at all?
The rest of the Grimaldis looked ok, especially Stephanie. Alexandra looked very cute and seems to have a sunny disposition.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:57 AM
Courtier

Holy Cow, so many things have been happening the past week or two and only now am I catching up, lol!

Loved the civil ceremony in Monaco, but am totally blown away with the religious ceremony in Italy. What an aristocratic noble couple ~ they look like two old-fashioned movie stars ~ Beatrice may be rather ordinary looking, but no one can deny she sure knows how to dress/act/shine to the point one cannot take your eyes off her. In fact my first thought was that SHE looks like Grace Kelly. Pierre was beyond lucky to find her & make her his own. Best wedding I've ever seen (not counting Princess Diana's).

As for the others, nobody outshined the bride, as it should be. But was very disappointed in Charlotte Casiraghi ~ she looks totally ill, from her lifeless thin hair down to her knobby stick thin legs. Stephanie looked good, Caroline okay, Pauline not so good (she should've done something with her hair and covered up her receding hairline). The only one I liked was Princess Alexandra ~ she honestly is going to be a knockout within the year ~ as it stands now she's beyond lovely. Love how she did her hair and is a natural aristocratic beauty ~ peaches & cream complexion, tiny delicate nose & mouth, sparkling eyes, a mix of child & woman, like a poem.

Now just trying to find photos of Pierre's step-siblings, the Hanover boys, whom were at the civil ceremony.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:47 AM
Commoner

The picture of Pierre and Beatrice arriving on a boat adorned with flowers and candles is like out from a romantic novel or film,so beautiful!

The docking area for the guests was built so high I was expecting /afraid for the guests to fall into the water hahaha!
Old 08-02-2015, 04:22 AM
Courtier

Beatrice looked breathtaking, all the dresses she chose were perfect for her and you could see the love shinning from her eyes and Pierre's as well.

Are there any clearer pictures of Lavinia? I saw her husband John a lot (smiling a lot, you can see he has a soft spot for his youngest sister-in-law and was very happy for her) but barely saw her.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Why Athina Onassis should be invited at first place? She is not friends or the couple. She has a loose connection with Charlotte because of the horses but this is all. And Charlotte was not at Athina's wedging. Why Athina should be at Pierre's one?
Well that's just it. Athina has never been seen at Any of the many socialite gatherings getting to know everyone and therefore being included in the social set. I guess it is her choice not to get involved with the European social set.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:37 AM
Serene Highness

Beautiful people, beautiful settings, beautiful wedding.

The picture of the 2 grandmothers is very sweet.
Do we know in which hotel the guests were staying?

Maybe Haakon and Mette Marit brought Marius along to introduce him to Alexandra ;-)
Old 08-02-2015, 04:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Was it necessary to wear 6 wedding dresses ?
The Monegasque traditionnal dress
The pink Haute Couture dress.
The white haute couture evening dress.

the white long dress
2 Wedding dresses a lace wedding dress and a Grecian
Strictly spoken Donna Beatrice wore only two wedding dresses: one at the civil ceremony in Monaco and one at the religious ceremony in Italy. All other outfits were for the surrounding festivities and not a "wedding dress".

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Beautiful people, beautiful settings, beautiful wedding.

The picture of the 2 grandmothers is very sweet.
Do we know in which hotel the guests were staying?

Maybe Haakon and Mette Marit brought Marius along to introduce him to Alexandra ;-)
It seems the guests were staying at the Grand Hotel des Îles Borromées (5 stars). See picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Well that's just it. Athina has never been seen at Any of the many socialite gatherings getting to know everyone and therefore being included in the social set. I guess it is her choice not to get involved with the European social set.
Athina Onassis, herself a professional show jumping amazone, is married with Álvaro Afonso de Miranda Neto, a professional show jumping rider. Both of them are very involved with the happy few, travelling all around the world, attending concourses hippique, by nature very posh events. They are waaaay older than Donna Beatrice and Pierre, it is really not so strange they were not among the guests....

Old 08-02-2015, 05:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Maybe Haakon and Mette Marit brought Marius along to introduce him to Alexandra
Or anyone. Thought occurred to me, too. He's a head-turner.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Or anyone. Thought occurred to me, too. He's a head-turner.

which Alexandra, alas, is not (yet?)...
Old 08-02-2015, 05:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Athina Onassis, herself a professional show jumping amazone, is married with Álvaro Afonso de Miranda Neto, a professional show jumping rider. Both of them are very involved with the happy few, travelling all around the world, attending concourses hippique, by nature very posh events. They are waaaay older than Donna Beatrice and Pierre, it is really not so strange they were not among the guests....

Athina Onassis is born in 1985, like Beatrice.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Athina Onassis is born in 1985, like Beatrice.
I was more thinking about her husband, whom is going to 43 now. Athina herself looks 43 too anyway.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:47 AM
Heir Apparent

The 2 grandmothers 's faces show the lifes they had.
Chapeau Mrs Casighari !.

No picture of the Bride's Father , no picture of Lavina Elkann.

The Bride stole the show with her 6 dresses !
As Moonmaiden said She was the star of one Show.

The most expensive wedding we never had , including the high Security !
Old 08-02-2015, 07:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
No picture of the Bride's Father , no picture of Lavina Elkann.

The Bride stole the show with her 6 dresses !
As Moonmaiden said She was the star of one Show.

The most expensive wedding we never had , including the high Security !
I don't think this was "the most expensive wedding". When you read that for the recent wedding of Prince Carl Philip of Sweden Volvo supplied 35 XC90 D5 cars "with a Luminous Sand exterior with light leather interiors"... Just an example.

The Casiraghi-Borromeo wedding was glamorous but by no means "the most expensive". The wedding of the Prince of Orange, back then in 2002, did cost (all posts included) around 22 million Euro (!). Pierre and Beatrice really do not come even close to that.