The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Nobility

The Bride is perfection.

Many guests are inappropriately dressed. The woman in picture #33 in the see-through lavender dress more so than the rest. You should never see your guests nipples at a wedding.

To have and to hold: Stunning Italian heiress Beatrice Borromeo is given a helping hand by her royal groom Pierre Casiraghi ahead of ceremony at her parents' lakeside castle* | Daily Mail Online

Old 08-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Serene Highness

You should never see your guests nipples at any event.

with all their money they couldn't build a proper dock for the guests.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Majesty

Beatrice's 2 gowns are breathtaking! Her wedding is my favorite royal wedding dress this year so far.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Nobility

Beatrice is reminding me today of a young Queen Paola of Belgium.

psspaolajpg - HostingPics.net - H?bergement d'images gratuit

albertpaolajpg - HostingPics.net - H?bergement d'images gratuit
Old 08-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I liked a lot Charlotte's yellow lace outfit and the shawl is gorgeous.
I think that Gad should have no education. It is not the first time he does not care to help Charlotte walking behind. Especially in the difficult moment of disembark from a boat with an evening dress.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Serene Highness

The daily mail does not check their facts he is not royal and this is not a royal wedding. It is a society wedding no royal wedding.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Gentry

I'm confused - did he start the day out in a morning suit and then change into black tails at some point?
Old 08-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Gad , one of our best french Actors in his worst role : "un figurant"!
Old 08-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneugeba View Post
I'm confused - did he start the day out in a morning suit and then change into black tails at some point?

He married (a day wedding) with the suit called "bonjour" and he went in the evening reception with a black tie.
All correct.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

the 2nd dress the white gown was lovely, to me the best one...the wedding dress was nothing special, I was expecting more form her I was dissapointed...after all I was dissapointed with all the dress code....even Charlotte wore a ZARA dress....very confuse dress code..and the most terrible thing and also very dangerous the lack of disembarkation facility..for the old ladies it should have been vey difficult...for those in high heels very embracing...
Old 08-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Serene Highness

And he was adorable in both of the suits. What a wedding! Lots of clothes-changing, constant possibility of guests falling into the water, beautiful people, odd people, beautiful gowns, strange gowns, and a mariachi band.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-01-2015, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

The lace dress was beautiful !
Old 08-01-2015, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It is great to see that Haakon and MM were at the wedding after all, though I still find it odd that just Marius was with them out of their (I know Haakon is Marius's stepfather) children. However in his latest appearance Sverre Magnus looked as if he was about to fall asleep, perhaps he's one of those children who gets bored easily and Haakon and MM thought he would get too bored at the wedding. I also spotted Princess Maria Gabriella of Savoy as another Italian royal guest.

I think Beatrice has set a royal record on the number of dresses worn at a wedding. I still don't know which is her wedding dress, but one thing I do know is that her Armani gown is beautiful, and her pre-wedding dress was also great and rather fantasy looking, my first thought was that she reminded me of Galadriel.

In the Daily Mail article there is a photo of Lana Del Rey at the wedding. How does she know the couple?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree about a confused dress code. And generally the ladies they are not well dressed at all.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a wedding indeed. Difficult to keep up with who wore what to which part of the celebrations. Some of the best and worst wedding outfits I have seen ( did Alex Dellal really wear jeans for the religious ceremony ?) I 'd like to see a compilation of pics for each of the ladies - perhaps for the fashion threads. A shame that Albert and Charlene were unable to attend.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Some of those dresses...not at all appropriate for a wedding....and some of the colors, sheesh. I was kinda disappointed in what DVF wore...I expected something very glam from her.

LaRae

Wedding dress: http://www.therealmyroyals.com/
Old 08-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

I loved all of Beatrice's dresses. Her actual wedding dress/hair looked very renaissance and flattering on her. I can't say I cared for Caroline's dress, I thought it rather strange especially the "gloves". Charlotte looked pretty but nothing spectacular. Stephanie looked nice as well. I can't say I particularly liked the Lame (I think) dress on Camille as I think she is still too young for that sort of dress. I thought Pierre looked terrific both for the wedding and afterward.

I can't say I was especially impressed by Gad, he looked like he had new shoes and needed to wear them a bit more. Haha

EDT: I thought Tataiana's red dress was the prettiest of those she wore for the events.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Serene Highness

I loved her pre wed party dress/gown and the wedding gown was nice too. Recognised many of the guests. But I wonder why Athina Onassis doesn't attend any of these celebrations, imagining of course that she was invited in the first place. Lots of security were visible here in Italy.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:13 PM
Nobility

A very stylish bride, indeed! Lovely.

I can't wait to see the dresses of the Borromeo sisters. Generally, I think that the Borromeo women were much more elegant than the Casiraghi side (Charlotte's dresses for the ceremonies were very disappointing to me). I wonder if, in a way, it was a conscious decision to avoid taking the limelight away from the bride and her family. I'm sure P Caroline and Charlotte know that they gather a LOT of attention everywhere they go.
Paola Marzotto didn't look well. I know it's not the policy of this forum to speculate on plastic surgery, so I'll just say that her face didn't look natural...
Old 08-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Courtier

Indeed, in my opinion the bride overshadowed everyone else! Her choices were elegant, stylish and romantic. I was very disappointed with the outfits worn by most of the other guests, including P Caroline, Tatiana and Charlotte. P Alexandra and Pauline looked nice. I didn't see Camille at today's events, was she present? And of course, I'm disappointed that P Albert and P Charlene did not attend.

Beatrice and Pierre make a striking and glamorous couple. I hope their happiness will continue as it was evident over the past two weekends of their wedding celebrations.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community