The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

So there was a party after the wedding, or was it postponed till the religious wedding?

Old 09-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

There was a party. They celebrated at the Monte-Carlo Sporting Club long into the night with all their guests.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I really don't like the dress, I think it make her to look fat, shapeless! I don't mind the hippie theme, is that I do not think show her the best! the hear and the flowers beautiful! where is the baby any photo of his sister?
Oh I thought she looked wonderful. She just had a baby, and if that's "fat" then I will take fat any day LOL!
Old 09-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
I think you made some very excellent points. I absolutely agree with you. It seems that (except maybe intermittently for Princess Caroline) none of the Grimaldi seems to accept their role. As you say, the opposite from what Ranier and Grace tried to do. It's a pity, really. It's not just that they don't want to be seen as royal; they seem to defy and resist their status. We are at a paradox where "bourgeois" women and men (such as Kate Middleton or Mary of Denmark) are more "royal" than the royals.

They did release a "couple of official pictures".

I think that being that they are both fatherless and already have a baby "official" pictures of the kind that are usually released in these occasions would have been out of place.

Also, it was their day, not their son's.

I agree with the choice they made and I don't feel that they "owe" the public (us) anything just because he happens to be the "title-less" nephew of a sovereign prince who waited 50 years to get married and still has no legitimate heirs. Andrea's "unwanted" position as second in line to the throne ( hopefully, only temporary for him and his wife) does not oblige him to act as, say Prince William. It's a much different dynasty/situation. I am more surprised that they didn't acknowledge their son's birth rather than not having been "gifted" with two stuffy pictures. (Incidentally, I think they will acknowledge Sacha's existence after he will be christened in - I'm sure - a very private ceremony, to take place possibly after or at the same time as their parents' religious wedding).

I'm glad for them (and in fact, given that they belong to the Grimaldis I'm glad they married at all...) and that they had a day which seemed to be exactly what they wanted.

I agree with all the comments above by Andolini and Moonmaiden: well said!!
Maybe you're all right and i'm speaking just out of some frustation. I wish the newlyweds a long and happy life together surrounded by an equally happy family. And that's all. THE END!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Tatiana Santo Domingo marries Monaco royal Andrea Casiraghi in boho Monte Carlo wedding Mail Online

Gossip from Pipole, which quotes Closer: Pierre and Gad were Andrea's witnesses at the wedding.
Gad Elmaleh témoin d'Andrea Casiraghi
Old 09-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Aristocracy

Was EA Jr there??
Old 09-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I will join the list of posters who are scratching their heads about what was so "revealing" about Charlene's evening gown in that youtube clip. She is usually at her most stunning in formal evening wear and that pale gray is no exception...she looked gorgeous, imo!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Courtier

I believe the Hanover brothers were there
Old 09-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

It isn't the style of wedding that would appeal to me personally, but they did seem happy and that's what counts.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post
Oh I thought she looked wonderful. She just had a baby, and if that's "fat" then I will take fat any day LOL!
may be you are right how old is the baby? just that in her position you would think she would have the best diet and training for this special day!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
may be you are right how old is the baby? just that in her position you would think she would have the best diet and training for this special day!
You have perhaps looked at too many pics of post baby Hollywood starlets and thought they they represented normal.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
You have perhaps looked at too many pics of post baby Hollywood starlets and thought they they represented normal.
Hahaha!!! That's what I was thinking - I am not going to tell you how long it took me to lose weight after my last baby, but let's just say that it took Moses less time to find the Promised Land LOL!!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Tatiana Santo Domingo marries Monaco royal Andrea Casiraghi in boho Monte Carlo wedding Mail Online

Gossip from Pipole, which quotes Closer: Pierre and Gad were Andrea's witnesses at the wedding.
Gad Elmaleh témoin d'Andrea Casiraghi
That's surprising to me but a very nice gesture.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well stated. Tatiana has never been a rail thin girl, but I think she looked wonderful and not at all fat in her civil wedding photos.

No doubt, by the time of the Swiss wedding ceremony in January she will have lost all of the pregnancy weight.

I wish she'd pinned up her hair for the evening dinner at the Hotel de Paris, it would have looked much more elegant.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think I express my thoughts wrong, I think the dress make her to look shepless, it does not mean she is fat, the dress does not give her any shape it is a loose dress and this is what I don't like it! may be she still have the post partum baby fat so that's the reason she choose a loose dress!? hope for a stuning gown for the ceremony in winter
Old 09-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think I express my thoughts wrong, I think the dress make her to look shepless, it does not mean she is fat, the dress does not give her any shape it is a loose dress and this is what I don't like it! may be she still have the post partum baby fat so that's the reason she choose a loose dress!? hope for a stuning gown for the ceremony in winter
No you're fine - I was not referring to your post. No worries
Old 09-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Aristocracy

We didn't seen Caroline at the wedding. Only at the court of the palace with all the family.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Ye Gods you and I agree for once. about body weight here
Also I would like to point out that Tatiana was wearing Missoni and that they, the Missonis were at the ceremony who own that house of couture.Missoni has eclectic and expensive knitwear so I am certain that in close up that dress was exquisite . Also would like to point out that Tatiana is still breastfeeding.Another point would be that Tatiana comes from wealth so I cannot imagine her doing the very conventional stuff with veils and trains etc.I now realize she is quite a thinker and that is reflected in how she comports herself.I really like her.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I think they, including Albert and Charléne, consider themselves more of a jet set-celebrity-family rather than a royal one, and it seems they don´t want to be seen as such.
I cannot help myself, but I´ve never reckoned Stéphanie for instance as "Princess", more a wealthy jet-set-lady from the Cote d´ Azur. When they attend european royal weddings or jubilees, they seem to be strangely misplaced.
Living in circus-trucks, dozends of children out of wedlock, affairs, divorces etc. is the opposite of what Rainier and Grace once built up.
Don´t get me wrong - I have nothing against Andrea and his new wife, as I do not even know them. But this "royal Game" in terms of the Grimaldis is quite a farce to me.
I totally agree. I was thinking about this the other day, but you put it in much nicer terms than I would have.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Delighted that Gad was witness !