Wedding of Andrea Casiraghi & Tatiana Santo Domingo, August 31,2013 & February 1,2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
Ok,
So I think that Missoni is favourite brand of Tatiana.

What about title? Tatiana will be ( is from yesterday ;)) "Princess Tatiana"? What about Sasha title? - due to the fact that he was born before the parents wedding.

She will have no title for now, Andrea is also untitled and as such has no title to share with his new wife.

Ok,
So I think that Missoni is favourite Tatiana's brand.

What about title? Tatiana will be ( is from yesterday ;)) "Princess Tatiana"? What about Sasha title? - due to the fact that he was born before the parents wedding.

Title?

Her husband doesn't have a title so I guess it Mrs Casiraghi!

I think they, including Albert and Charléne, consider themselves more of a jet set-celebrity-family rather than a royal one, and it seems they don´t want to be seen as such.
I cannot help myself, but I´ve never reckoned Stéphanie for instance as "Princess", more a wealthy jet-set-lady from the Cote d´ Azur. When they attend european royal weddings or jubilees, they seem to be strangely misplaced.
Living in circus-trucks, dozends of children out of wedlock, affairs, divorces etc. is the opposite of what Rainier and Grace once built up.
Don´t get me wrong - I have nothing against Andrea and his new wife, as I do not even know them. But this "royal Game" in terms of the Grimaldis is quite a farce to me.

Well, I have also the feeling, that the old glamour of this family is past. :whistling:
But they seems to be happy and it is the most important! :flowers:

And in the end of the day all that comes to my mind is... « much ado about nothing »!!! The eager for privacy bordered ridiculous :censored: - after all, like it or not the groom ISN'T a completely « private » person: he's the nephew of a souvereign prince and second in line to succeed his uncle. It's a contradition living according to the privileges of his family position and background when it suits him, and then claiming « privacy » when it doesn't suit him; :confused: therefore a couple of « official » photos wouldn't have hurt the privacy of the event and it wouldn't have left me with this sense of contempt by P. Caroline towards the monegasques and people in general. :cry: The insistence on the boho-hippie-chic style of the bride turned what could have been a quite original and lovely outfit in a rather common presentation. :whistling: And having recently become parents of a son, the couple presented itself with a DOG????? :eek: All in all, to me... pff!!! What a disappointment... :yuk: :angry: :yuk:

Last edited:
I guess she is now Tatiana Casiraghi!

Title?

Her husband doesn't have a title so I guess it Mrs Casiraghi!

Yes, your are right.

But I think about it and maybe Prince Albert will give them a title like GD Henri have done 4 years ago. GD Henri's son Prince Louis didn't lose his title of Prince of Luxmeburg after marriage, while his wife Tessy and sons were originally given the surname De Nassau. But in 2009 GD gave Tessy and his grandchildren the titles. I know that it isn't the same situation due to the fact that Andrea didn't have title until marriage but he is in the line of succesion to the throne with his son Sasha. But maybe it does not matter if someone has a title or not;)

Last edited:

Wow...gorgeous!:ohmy::p

That courtyard of the Princely Palace is one amazing sight. No wonder the Grimaldis use it so often for their official wedding photos. It's simply breathtaking.

I am in love with Daphne, Andrea and Tatiana's little dog. They have had her for quite a while. Is she a French bulldog or a Boston terrier?

Sheesh, some people just can't be happy for the couple?? It looked lovely and they are under no obligation that I am aware of to not have a private wedding. There were pics, enough for me. I did NOT want to see pics of their baby it just would have struck me as too invasive. They looked relaxed, happy and that dog was so darn cute!

I agree Andolini, totally.

I did not want OR expect Andrea and Tatiana to be showing off their baby at their wedding like some trashy reality TV personalities. Sacha is only an infant and so far the family have seemed very protective of him. The only photos we have seen of him so far have been taken from long range pap lenses while the couple were on private holiday with Princess Caroline.

Maybe at some later date they will release official photos of the baby, but they are under no obligation to do so. Until it becomes clear that Albert will not have a legitimate heir Andrea and Tatiana and their son are free to behave as private individuals.

The wedding was not what I expected, but under the circumstances what I have seen of it has been lovely and tasteful.

I agree Andolini, totally.

I did not want OR expect Andrea and Tatiana to be showing off their baby at their wedding like some trashy reality TV personalities. Sacha is only an infant and so far the family have seemed very protective of him. The only photos we have seen of him so far have been taken from long range pap lenses while the couple were on private holiday with Princess Caroline.

Maybe at some later date they will release official photos of the baby, but they are under no obligation to do so. Until it becomes clear that Albert will not have a legitimate heir Andrea and Tatiana and their son are free to behave as private individuals.

The wedding was not what I expected, but under the circumstances what I have seen of it has been lovely and tasteful.

Thanks. :flowers:It was very low key yet classy, in my opinion. As I said earlier, I was shocked at how absolutely wonderful, happy, laid back and smiley they were, Tatiana looked beautiful, and it did my heart good to see Andrea finally look "cleaned up" and obviously happy also. Very nice.

I'm wondering where was Sacha. Maybe he was asleep ;-)

^^^^
OK, what was supposed to be so extremely revealing about Charlenes dress? She seemed pretty covered up for summer in the south of France,

^^^^
OK, what was supposed to be so extremely revealing about Charlenes dress? She seemed pretty covered up for summer in the south of France,

I was about to ask the same thing, I was expecting at least a low neckline when I saw "revealing" but nope?

I think they, including Albert and Charléne, consider themselves more of a jet set-celebrity-family rather than a royal one, and it seems they don´t want to be seen as such.
I cannot help myself, but I´ve never reckoned Stéphanie for instance as "Princess", more a wealthy jet-set-lady from the Cote d´ Azur. When they attend european royal weddings or jubilees, they seem to be strangely misplaced.
Living in circus-trucks, dozends of children out of wedlock, affairs, divorces etc. is the opposite of what Rainier and Grace once built up.
Don´t get me wrong - I have nothing against Andrea and his new wife, as I do not even know them. But this "royal Game" in terms of the Grimaldis is quite a farce to me.

I think you made some very excellent points. I absolutely agree with you. It seems that (except maybe intermittently for Princess Caroline) none of the Grimaldi seems to accept their role. As you say, the opposite from what Ranier and Grace tried to do. It's a pity, really. It's not just that they don't want to be seen as royal; they seem to defy and resist their status. We are at a paradox where "bourgeois" women and men (such as Kate Middleton or Mary of Denmark) are more "royal" than the royals.

a couple of « official » photos wouldn't have hurt the privacy of the event and it wouldn't have left me with this sense of contempt by P. Caroline towards the monegasques and people in general. :cry: The insistence on the boho-hippie-chic style of the bride turned what could have been a quite original and lovely outfit in a rather common presentation. :whistling: And having recently become parents of a son, the couple presented itself with a DOG????? :eek: All in all, to me... pff!!! What a disappointment... :yuk: :angry: :yuk:

They did release a "couple of official pictures".

I think that being that they are both fatherless and already have a baby "official" pictures of the kind that are usually released in these occasions would have been out of place.

Also, it was their day, not their son's.

I agree with the choice they made and I don't feel that they "owe" the public (us) anything just because he happens to be the "title-less" nephew of a sovereign prince who waited 50 years to get married and still has no legitimate heirs. Andrea's "unwanted" position as second in line to the throne ( hopefully, only temporary for him and his wife) does not oblige him to act as, say Prince William. It's a much different dynasty/situation. I am more surprised that they didn't acknowledge their son's birth rather than not having been "gifted" with two stuffy pictures. (Incidentally, I think they will acknowledge Sacha's existence after he will be christened in - I'm sure - a very private ceremony, to take place possibly after or at the same time as their parents' religious wedding).

I'm glad for them (and in fact, given that they belong to the Grimaldis I'm glad they married at all...) and that they had a day which seemed to be exactly what they wanted. :flowers:

Thanks. :flowers:It was very low key yet classy, in my opinion. As I said earlier, I was shocked at how absolutely wonderful, happy, laid back and smiley they were, Tatiana looked beautiful, and it did my heart good to see Andrea finally look "cleaned up" and obviously happy also. Very nice.

I agree with all the comments above by Andolini and Moonmaiden: well said!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^
Perhaps it is a case that those born to the role do not feel they need to prove anything to anyone. They know they are princes while those that just marry into it feel the need to play the role of prince/princess that they get from books/movies etc and do have to prove they are up to the task.
Those born to the position and role have the confidence to be able to break with tradition and the past when they wish to. Those who are merely acting the role cling to traditions and the past because it is the only script they have to go on.

Last edited:
If you look at the first video of Alberto and Charlene (wearing an UN-revealing dress!) you can tell that they made funny "movie-like" posters of Tatiana and Andrea. It happens a lot in Europe, Italy especially. Friends of the couple tease the couple by spoofing movie posters. There's a big one that you can see at the end of the movie on the right, but I can spot several right at the exit. One is a spoof of "Pretty Woman". The others I can't really see. Usually, friends get pictures of when they were babies/young, or embarrassing pictures and make a little funny movie out of it and show it at the reception: it seems it was that kind of party!

Incidentally, Albert and Charleen didn't look like they were really having such a great time...such long faces...

^^^^
Perhpas is a vase that those born to the role do not feel the need to prove anything to anyone. They know they are princes while those that just marry into it feel the need to play the role of prince/princess that they get from books/movies etc and do have to prove they are up to the task.

Oh yes, very possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't like the dress, I think it make her to look fat, shapeless! I don't mind the hippie theme, is that I do not think show her the best! the hear and the flowers beautiful! where is the baby any photo of his sister?

^^^^

I think it is about the material. Very thin and close to the body, like a second skin.

Andrea and Tatiana on the evening of their wedding day - I wonder if it's been a second (wedding) dress or a long matching coat for her original wedding dress:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Andrea and Tatiana on the evening of their wedding day - I wonder if it's been a second (wedding) dress or a long matching coat for her original wedding dress:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

It's another dress completely I have read. The lace looks completely different and would look quite odd with the Missoni dress.

Wow, I have to say I'm completely stunned (pleasantly so) that they look a.) normal and b.) breathtaking!!!

Seriously, going by their past history, I honestly didn't expect any pictures whatsoever and especially the formality. :ohmy: Holy cow, it just boggles the mind, lol. :D

If anything at all I would have expected them to get married *informally* (meaning not legally binding) on an island somewhere with Tatiana in a bikini with a floral headress and Andrea showing up like a druggie with his hair messed, emaciated, and wearing an old worn pair of shorts two sizes to big with an equally rumpled hawaiian top. Both looking dazed & confused with a sour puss expression on. :lol:

So imagine my S U R P R I S E to see this! :angel: :flowers: :heart: :hug: :rose:

I have to hand it to Mama Princess Caroline of Hanover, no doubt she was behind all this glory, she never fails to surprise me (no wonder she's always been my fav since the 70's)! Tatiana looked like a fairytale vision stepped from the era of Pre-Raphaelite Beauties, and oh my Andrea, I never knew, Wow...

I amend my words from a month or so ago ~ He, and his lovely bride beside him, would make a great Princely Couple, if it ever comes to that. :flowers:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom