The Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer: 29 July 1981

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite picture of them (wedding day) has always been the one where she is down on the floor looking up at him and he is leaning down to her...the look on their faces is very sweet...there was love and joy between them at that point.

LaRae

The large puffed sleeves of her wedding dress was one of Diana's favorite features. The sleeves contained fine ribbons that were gathered into ruffles that enveloped her arms.

St. Paul's Cathedral was a grand choice as the church for the Royal Wedding of Charles and Diana.
The Cathedral is beautiful both in and out.

One of the scenes I like in the Royal Wedding is when the Glass Coach begins its departure to St. Paul's Cathedral.
Lady Diana is swathed in a mass of ivory tulle.
Happily she waves to the crowds. :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

In A Dress for Diana, David Emanuel and Elizabeth Emanuel wrote:
We did an enormous amount of research on other royal brides, and looked through as many books as we could find for inspiration and influence. One thing that struck us was the use of antique lace on Queen Victoria's wedding dress, something that was already part of the Emanuel signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairy tale, anyone who listened to the engagement interview, whatever in love means, certainly knew there was a problem with a twenty year old and a thirty two wear old

One of the scenes I like in the Royal Wedding is when the Glass Coach begins its departure to St. Paul's Cathedral.
Lady Diana is swathed in a mass of ivory tulle.
Happily she waves to the crowds. :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

In A Dress for Diana, David Emanuel and Elizabeth Emanuel wrote:
We did an enormous amount of research on other royal brides, and looked through as many books as we could find for inspiration and influence. One thing that struck us was the use of antique lace on Queen Victoria's wedding dress, something that was already part of the Emanuel signature.

I remember this scene very well, even though I was just 9 years old at the time. The commentator mentioned something about her being on her way to the Cathedral "as a commoner" and I actually thought he was referring to what I perceived to be her having her feet up on the seat opposite inside the carriage (which of-course was in fact all the material of her dress).

The commentator mentioned something about her being on her way to the Cathedral "as a commoner" and I actually thought he was referring to what I perceived to be her having her feet up on the seat opposite inside the carriage (which of-course was in fact all the material of her dress).

Jacknch, the commentator was correct.
Even though Diana Frances was born into British aristocracy, she was a commoner, not a royal.
She traveled to the Cathedral as a commoner.
However, as she traveled from the Cathedral, she was the Princess of Wales because she had wed Prince Charles.

:previous: I thought Diana was a kind of taboo and that royal peculiars such as Saint Paul or Westminster were supposed not to mention her name:eek:

What a beautiful day must be then for the royal wachers like us.

:previous: I thought Diana was a kind of taboo and that royal peculiars such as Saint Paul or Westminster were supposed not to mention her name:eek:

I don't know where you would get that idea from.

What a beautiful day must be then for the royal wachers like us.

Yes, I think was a big day for everyone at the time. Charles & Diana cried when they got back at the palace. They were so happy and overwhelmed by everything.

Last edited:

Uhm sorry,just forgetwhat I wrote! I've always had the impression that the palace don't like that Diana is much talked about these days... I thought they kind of control official twitter account of Westminster and Saint Paul..

Uhm sorry,just forgetwhat I wrote! I've always had the impression that the palace don't like that Diana is much talked about these days... I thought they kind of control official twitter account of Westminster and Saint Paul..

Oh I see, I really don't think any of that is true though. I don't think the palace minds if someone brings up Diana. Not that long ago, the palace posted old family pictures and they posted one which included Diana on the Royal Yacht Britannia.

Oh I see, I really don't think any of that is true though. I don't think the palace minds if someone brings up Diana. Not that long ago, the palace posted old family pictures and they posted one which included Diana on the Royal Yacht Britannia.

I am of the idea that it is a recent change indeed... I don't think they would be so tolerant some years ago...:flowers:

Perhaps that idea arose because her name was removed from the prayers for the Royal Family in the Church of England after the divorce. She was still considered to be under the general prayer for the 'rest of the Royal Family', but she didn't get specific mention.

Perhaps that idea arose because her name was removed from the prayers for the Royal Family in the Church of England after the divorce. She was still considered to be under the general prayer for the 'rest of the Royal Family', but she didn't get specific mention.

Maybe you are right! I've always had this kind of thought and to me it was strange that the wedding anniversary was remembered! What I mean is that it would be odd for me to see Clarence House tweet something like that or "Happy birthday to the late Princess of Wales", etc... I don't know... ok, fair game, she is no longer with us all, but I think the british royal family (their employees) had gone nuts if they would remember Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's wedding anniversary...:ohmy::eek::whistling::flowers:

I don't think we can expect the palace to mention Charles & Diana or Andrew & Sarah weddings, unless they're highlighting past royal weddings.

Such great pictures.:): They really brought back the excitement and romance of the day to me!:flowers:

Sweet pictures.
Had to go back to check where/if her new husband was in most of them.

Love the pictures. It was such a beautiful day and it's good to see how busy the palace were for the event. The uncontrolled shots is what I like. I wish we had gotten that for the Cambridge's wedding.

Love the pictures. It was such a beautiful day and it's good to see how busy the palace were for the event. The uncontrolled shots is what I like. I wish we had gotten that for the Cambridge's wedding.

Some day maybe we will. I'm sure they exist. Took 34 years for these pics to come to light

There were other people talking to Lord Spencer. Charles and Diana were together talking to the bridesmaids and pages. Clementine had apparently fallen, hurt her herself, and got a scare. It was natural for Diana to comfort her. To me, these look like ordinary people caught up in the excitement of the day. There's a picture out there of Charles and Diana kissing before they went out on the balcony.

Clementine Hambro had reportedly just banged her head. There is one very famous photo in that same gallery where Diana is leaning to speak with the child. Diana was in a gallery full of people and surrounded by friends and family. The idea that she had "abandoned her husband" at that point would be funny if it wasn't so bizarre.

My absolute favorite photo from that day has Diana seated at the foot of the throne in the Throne Room during a break in the picture-taking. Charles is bending toward her gazing into her eyes and she does the same while smiling up at him. I can't find it but it exists....somewhere.

And it's beautiful.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cha...X&ved=0CDYQ7AlqFQoTCK7jzsztoccCFYfRgAodQqQKXA

Last edited by a moderator:
If a child falls and especially if they hit their head, is it not a natural thing for a woman who loves children to rush to their aid?

Honestly it looks to me more like Charles isn't walking with Diana and his Mother. He is hanging back not wanting to be with either of them.

Back
Top Bottom