Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Gentry

[img=http://aycu31.webshots.com/image/40470/2002535360352653617_rs.jpg]
...the kiss
(bron: reuters)

Old 01-25-2008, 12:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Clearly I am wrong but it some pics it seems like Diana's dress has a bow in the middle but I just watched some clips especially of her coming into the church and I don't see it. Am I going mental? Maybe it's just a shadow?.. it seems to me that way from all the video clips I've seen

Old 01-25-2008, 02:11 AM
Serene Highness

Speaking of the music at the wedding, what is that wonderful, regal music that was playing when she was walking down the isle? She looked so beautiful and yes the dress was over the top but it was her day and to her, she must have felt that she looked like a princess.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Speaking of the music at the wedding, what is that wonderful, regal music that was playing when she was walking down the isle? She looked so beautiful and yes the dress was over the top but it was her day and to her, she must have felt that she looked like a princess.
The Prince of Denmark's march.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry for bumping but I just finished watching the full wedding for the first time on youtube and there was one thing I didn't get did they leave for their honeymoon the same day? It just seemed really early in the footage when they left but then again it was a summer day but I was just wondering cause I was watching it going jeez when did they have time to even have the reception! lol
Old 05-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

No, they spent their wedding night at Charles' uncle's estate.
I couldn't find the full wedding on Youtube.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent

It starts here there are 13 parts I beleive the person who uploaded it is a member of the forum. Ya about the honeymoon I figured it wasn't the same day but the way the footage was put together by BBC made it seem like it.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Nobility

On the same day of the wedding they set of on the Royal Yacht Brittania to Broadlands in Scotland. That was after the reception at BP.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Commoner

A lovely day to remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Clearly I am wrong but it some pics it seems like Diana's dress has a bow in the middle but I just watched some clips especially of her coming into the church and I don't see it. Am I going mental? Maybe it's just a shadow?.. it seems to me that way from all the video clips I've seen

Yes, the gown had a small bow at the v-neck point center front with the ruffled lace and taffeta. The veil was cut, Barbara Daly, who was the Princess's make up artist, said the veil was snipped away after the signing.

Her hair had become limp, but I believe that is because it was a warm, humid day, and riding in the carriage with her father and no windows open, would have made my hair fall in a second!

I believe the designers, the Emanuels, had wanted the dress to stand out in such a large sanctuary that St. Pauls has. The other thing to consider is Diana lost a tremendous amount of weight towards the end of the engagement, so the dress had to be altered constantly. I know from experience that can change the entire line of a gown, if there are more than 2 inches to remove.

Yes, Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales, stayed a few days at Broadlands, as Prince Charles' parents did on their honeymoon. They took the train from London after a carriage ride from Buckingham Palace. The cruise around the Mediterranean was begun around Gibraltar, I believe.

It was a lovely day, for me, I got up at 3 am to watch it live and try to get ready for work in time......I just remember the stunning veil.....all the sparkles when she moved. I also thought the color silk she was in was lovely.

I highly recommend the book by the Emanuels, that shows the wedding gown's progression and inspiration. I own a copy, as well as the video from the wedding.

I dreamed of that wedding for many days afterwards.......
Old 05-31-2008, 02:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I have a question about the dress does anyone know how in the world the dress looks like it has different fabric and colour around here. I've circled the area I'm talking about.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4047/dressqw6.png

Quote:
Yes, the gown had a small bow at the v-neck point center front with the ruffled lace and taffeta.
Oh good I wasn't going crazy lol
Old 05-31-2008, 05:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Closer, the fabric looks like that :
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/777...1E7EC1A351FC8B

I guess the nuance of color comes from the shadow of the veil on the picture.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 05-31-2008, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Ya it seems your right cause on the video depending on how she moves it shows up then suddenly goes away. But at one point they do a close up and it looks like it's just the fabric. Here's a screen cap. I wonder....maybe it was the lighting in the church.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3990/dresswz5.png
Old 06-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Commoner

Yes, I would guess it is a shadow of lighting or her veil, or could be a shadow of the figure ahead of her. As I design bridal gowns, I can say that the bodice is generally cut on the straight grain, which most of the gown is. Therefore, the ambient lighting surrounding the silk taffeta, will shade differently with shadows.

My, that was a mouthful! LOL
Old 08-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Aristocracy

i think Diana look resplendent in her wedding gown...they looked great together

such a pity it didnt work out
Old 08-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by baguetteprincess View Post
Yes, I would guess it is a shadow of lighting or her veil, or could be a shadow of the figure ahead of her. As I design bridal gowns, I can say that the bodice is generally cut on the straight grain, which most of the gown is. Therefore, the ambient lighting surrounding the silk taffeta, will shade differently with shadows.

My, that was a mouthful! LOL
Having seen this dress close up many times (at least 7) I can say that the whole gown is made of the same silk fabric. The central panel does have antique lace mounted over the silk but the colour match is excellent. The effect you asked about is purely the light & shadow from the surroundings.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
On the same day of the wedding they set of on the Royal Yacht Brittania to Broadlands in Scotland. That was after the reception at BP.
Broadlands is nowhere near Scotland - It is in Hampshire, in the south of England.
Broadlands

After taking a train from London to Broadlands, they stayed at least overnight there (it may have been 2 nights, I can't be certain without checking), then took an RAF flight to Gibraltar to meet the Royal yacht and begin their cruise of the Mediterranean.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Commoner

Diana's ghost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201 View Post
and some more...
Some psychics reader in the uk said that they have been conversing with lady diana who said that she is in love with her husband.I don't know what to beleive, if only I could converse with lady diana, I would gladly do and the first thing that I shall be inclined to ask is"How are you, Lady diana? How did this accident happen? Why did they not show the world us your face before burial?, were You pregnant?

If only she could reply, yet her life as well as her death remain a mystery. Where is she now? What is she doing? is she together with Dodi?

Oh God, we miss Diana, if only she could return back.If only we could turn back the clock and prevent her accident?

Nazma FOURRE
Old 08-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well she's probably far away from her problems and hopefully in a peaceful place where people don't bother her with so many questions. Now this is a thread to discuss the wedding of Charles and Diana, not about her life after death.

Back on Topic please.

Because it matters...
Old 08-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Commoner

How good that camilla who thought after breaking the marriage of Diana, she could have had the priviledge of having a worldwide marriage, but she was wrong. Not only she is older that Diana, she cannot have the charm of our princess who is unique. When camilla smiles the world looks dull for her smile always hides something, may be her bitterness, frozen heart where as when Diana smiles, it is a hearty one as she loves us and she did not marry charles to be queen or to have the recognition to be one.Her wedding has been broadcasted worldwide and she was a virginin both her body and mind and she had no idea how monarchy world would destroy her and that the affair that camilla had with charles brought her nearer to death for one part of her fate is ruined by camilla who deliberately made her divorce. Had camilla not pursue the affair with charles, lady diana would not have sought love elsewhere and she would still have been alive.

Her wedding dress is the most beautiful one and following up information it has been on sale or exhibited. It is a pity for it was the most beautiful wedding dress in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Well she's probably far away from her problems and hopefully in a peaceful place where people don't bother her with so many questions. Now this is a thread to discuss the wedding of Charles and Diana, not about her life after death.

Back on Topic please.
Well I thought that her wedding brought her to death? Was I not right? I understand, let us shut our eyes and live this memory share of Diana for once. Indeed I was a kid then and I remember watching amazingly her beautiful dress hoping to wear one one day and I did.

Nazma FOURRE
Old 08-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well that's your theory. As we aren't God or whoever, we can't say if she would have been here today.
Anyway, I'm sure none of us want to start on the tiresome Camilla/Diana debate again. I would advise you to go in the Diana threads where you can find many different opinions and see that not all of us blame Camilla for everything bad happening to Diana.

Finally and foremost, back on topic.

Because it matters...