The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-31-2014, 05:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
^ Really? I must have missed that. Could you post a picture of him wearing the band from his first marriage after the divorce, because i dont remember this at all? Thanks! I also have a hard time believing he has a fresh rose laid before her portrait.
Pictures: Charles's Wedding Band- 2004
BRITAIN'S PRINCE CHARLES WAVES AS HE ARRIVES AT MADRID'S TORREJON AIRBASE FOR SPANISH ROYAL WEDDING - DWF15-726695 - Rights Managed - Stock Photo - Corbis

BRITAIN'S PRINCE CHARLES WAVES AS HE ARRIVES AT THE HEREFORD HAVEN BREAST CANCER CENTRE IN HEREFORD - DWF15-532484 - Rights Managed - Stock Photo - Corbis

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/158086337

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/158082850

I thought everyone knew that Charles made sure to wear his wedding band from his first marriage to Diana just behind his signet ring until he announced his engagement to Camilla and then he took his band off.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-31-2014, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I thought everyone knew that Charles made sure to wear his wedding band from his first marriage to Diana just behind his signet ring until he announced his engagement to Camilla and then he took his band off.
I distinctly remember hearing quite a few times that he did wear his wedding band by his signet ring until his engagement to Camilla too.

Thanks for posting the pictures Dman. The two rings are very easy to see in them.

Now... the portrait and the rose thing I find a bit over the top and would really doubt the credibility of that report. Perhaps there was a portrait of her elsewhere where the boys would have lived with Charles though. I very much doubt that Charles would do any less than be supportive for his sons and and that he would encourage fond memories of their mother.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I distinctly remember hearing quite a few times that he did wear his wedding band by his signet ring until his engagement to Camilla too.

Thanks for posting the pictures Dman. The two rings are very easy to see in them.

Now... the portrait and the rose thing I find a bit over the top and would really doubt the credibility of that report. Perhaps there was a portrait of her elsewhere where the boys would have lived with Charles though. I very much doubt that Charles would do any less than be supportive for his sons and and that he would encourage fond memories of their mother.
Yeah, now he wears his wedding band from his marriage to Camilla behind his signet ring. I just thought it was nice and tribute to Diana that despite everything and even her death, he never went without his band until he officially moved on.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-01-2014, 06:57 AM
Nobility

Wedding Charles and Diana: Blog_Real
Style of the Portuguese sovereign: By the Grace of God and by the Constitution of the Monarchy, King [or Queen] of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa, Lord of Guinea and of Conquest, Navigation, and Commerce of Ethiopia, Arabia, Persia, and India, etc.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I have read that at the Prince's office there still is a portrait of Diana and still every day a fresh rose is laid before it. I believe it was in Dimbleby's book or in that one about Highgrove.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
. . . . .
@ Duc- I hadn't read that! If that's true, that is really sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Wow, OTT doesn't begin to cover it! Fresh roses? I think someone was writing yet another fairytale. That there are portraits of Diana around the various residences is not surprising as she was his wife and the mother of his children. To create fantasies about little "altar's" is really tipping into the twilight zone.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

It may be OTT, but it it is still sweet IMO.
I doubt it is. I had read that Charles kept no photos of Diana in his home after the divorce- I don't believe that because of W and H.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
It may be OTT, but it it is still sweet IMO.
I doubt it is. I had read that Charles kept no photos of Diana in his home after the divorce- I don't believe that because of W and H.
I DO believe that because of W and H. The whole period must have been hell for everyone. If the Prince of Wales needs a portrait of Diana, he can always go to the National Portrait Gallery. In the meantime, I am sure her sons have their own personal portraits of their mother tucked safely away inside their hearts, minds and apartments.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Majesty

I think when people say that there are pictures of Diana in Charles's homes. It may be of her/him and the boys together. Charles commissioned a portrait of Diana in her wedding dress. I'm sure there family pictures up at home. William and Harry has said they all talk about her all of the time too.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

That makes sense. And we know we can trust W and H.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Courtier

I'd be surprised if the Prince of Wales had pictures of Diana in his homes, immediately after the divorce. How many divorcees [no matter how saintly] want images of the ex hanging around [particularly after an EXTREMELY acrimonious split ?]. No doubt the children had her image around in their own rooms.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Wedding Charles and Diana: Blog_Real
I like the photograph of Diana by herself.
The 25 foot train was incredible.
Her bridal flowers were gorgeous.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:53 AM
Serene Highness

My favorite picture of them (wedding day) has always been the one where she is down on the floor looking up at him and he is leaning down to her...the look on their faces is very sweet...there was love and joy between them at that point.

LaRae
Old 08-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

That is a beautiful picture.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

The large puffed sleeves of her wedding dress was one of Diana's favorite features. The sleeves contained fine ribbons that were gathered into ruffles that enveloped her arms.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Fairy tale, anyone who listened to the engagement interview, whatever in love means, certainly knew there was a problem with a twenty year old and a thirty two wear old
Old 09-22-2014, 07:59 PM
Royal Highness

St. Paul's Cathedral was a grand choice as the church for the Royal Wedding of Charles and Diana.
The Cathedral is beautiful both in and out.