Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-26-2014, 10:53 PM
Royal Highness

The pictures are nice.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
In Diana, Sarah Bradford wrote: At St. Paul's Cathedral, Diana had to concentrate on getting her sick father up the long aisle without mishap. One of the officiating clergy (Dean Webster) told friends how touching it was to see the way she practically carried him, walking painfully slowly, up the aisle.
Bit over dramatized. Diana's version was she concentration on looking at who had attended.

They walked slowly up the aisle like other people.
Diana's long train had to be constantly straightened out added to the slow walk.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Bit over dramatized. Diana's version was she concentration on looking at who had attended.

They walked slowly up the aisle like other people.
Diana's long train had to be constantly straightened out added to the slow walk.
I remember watching the wedding and they did mention that consideration had to be made for Earl Spencer who had a stroke in 1978 and wasn't too steady on his feet. With this in mind, its very possible that they took their time and while doing that, it gave Diana the chance to check out who was where in the crowd and adjusting the train wouldn't be so obvious. Its all good.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Lullingstone Silk Farm in Dorset, England produced enough silk to be included in Diana's veil.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I remember hearing that her father was very much leaning on her while walking down, not that they had to walk slower or anything. And I believe I saw them kind of sliding to one side at some point or that might have just been her train.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Today would've been The Prince & Princess of Wales's 33rd Wedding Anniversary.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-29-2014, 02:47 PM
Majesty

Well yes, but I don't think they would have celebrated since they had separated...
Old 07-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Majesty

Some of us still like to think of "what could have been, if only..." Yes, they probably weren't suited to begin with, but it all started out with such hope--at least for those of us on the outside looking in. Some of us still feel sad about the way it all fell apart, not to lay blame on anyone but just to recognize the tragedy of the marriage and how the break-down affected everyone. So we look back on that special day 33 with nostalgia tinged with a bit of grief.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Well yes, but I don't think they would have celebrated since they had separated...
Yes I know. I'm just pointing out that they married on his day 33 years ago. I celebrate to the memory of the royal couple.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-29-2014, 03:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yes I know. I'm just pointing out that they married on his day 33 years ago. I celebrate to the memory of the royal couple.
Ah ok! It just was a little strange to me!
Old 07-29-2014, 03:06 PM
Royal Highness

The wedding was very beautiful. How does it feel to Charles when remember the day he married Diana? It's something I'd like to know.

They made a good pair, and should have done things differently, without having left so many brands in William and Harry.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:10 PM
Majesty

I also wonder how he must feel... I would look at it like a far amost surreal event after all that happened But I'm not Charles
Old 07-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I also wonder how he must feel... I would look at it like a far amost surreal event after all that happened But I'm not Charles
If he's anything like me, he chooses to remember the good things and the wonderful sons that came from that marriage and forget the trials and tribulations the breakdown of the marriage caused.

33 years since the wedding eh? Sheesh.. sometimes it seems like it was only yesterday.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness

I remember watching it with my sister and grandmother -- as if it were yesterday. Just amazing to think how much has transpired in the world and in that family during those 33 years!
Old 07-29-2014, 03:59 PM
Majesty

I wasn't even born when they got married and I' ve just seen them already divorced. However iwhen I saw some wedding's clips I got the impression that the were not made for each other.... Perhaps I was just influenced by the their divorce! I could see the fairytale and all but... it just missed something... Don't know if I'm explained
Old 07-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

My thoughts and prayers are always with William and Harry but with Charles too. Can't be easy for him to have lost the woman he married all those years ago and the mother of his children. Charles admitted that he and Diana cried after the wedding due to the overwhelming feelings of that big day. I'm sure he privately reflect on those very happy days. He must go through a lot of reflections now that William is happily married and have a son of his own.

I don't know if anyone paid attention but Charles looked totally shattered at Diana's funeral, her memorial fountain opening and her 10th anniversary memorial service.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-29-2014, 04:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
My thoughts and prayers are always with William and Harry but with Charles too. Can't be easy for him to have lost the woman he married all those years ago and the mother of his children. Charles admitted that he and Diana cried after the wedding due to the overwhelming feelings of that big day. I'm sure he privately reflect on those very happy days. He must go through a lot of reflections now that William is happily married and have a son of his own.

I don't know if anyone paid attention but Charles looked totally shattered at Diana's funeral, her memorial fountain opening and her 10th anniversary memorial service.
In looking back, its easy to see that although the marriage didn't work out and they divorced, they still had feelings for each other. I don't think Charles would have been so involved with bringing Diana back to the UK and her funeral, memorials etc if he didn't. Sometimes the best way to show love for another person is to let them go.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
In looking back, its easy to see that although the marriage didn't work out and they divorced, they still had feelings for each other. I don't think Charles would have been so involved with bringing Diana back to the UK and her funeral, memorials etc if he didn't. Sometimes the best way to show love for another person is to let them go.

Well, of course he must have loved her as the mothet of his children and as a ex wife but he was and always will be in love with Camilla.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Some of us still like to think of "what could have been, if only..." Yes, they probably weren't suited to begin with, but it all started out with such hope--at least for those of us on the outside looking in. Some of us still feel sad about the way it all fell apart, not to lay blame on anyone but just to recognize the tragedy of the marriage and how the break-down affected everyone. So we look back on that special day 33 with nostalgia tinged with a bit of grief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
The wedding was very beautiful. How does it feel to Charles when remember the day he married Diana? It's something I'd like to know.

They made a good pair, and should have done things differently, without having left so many brands in William and Harry.
For me, it's all those things, Mermaid, and always the little girl in me loves the fairytale part. It just looked such a fairytale, even though I know it wasn't. Diana, especially, in my little girl's mind, was the fairytale Princess on that day. I still love to look at photos, or watch my mom's video of it now and then, to feel that " here is the stuff of which fairytales are made."
I still adore Diana, but now I have to say for me the true fairytale couple is William and Kate. They are real people too, which I love, but they have true love like in fairytales.
I was thinking about this, if this was a book, it would be like this, Fairytale romance and Wedding, Prince Takes a lover, Princess and Prince Suffer, Princess Great humanitarian, End of Marriage, Princess Dies. What kind of story is that? What would have been the ending- in particular, for the princess? What was the point of it even happening? So Diana could change the world? William and Harry? But I am glad it happened.

@ Blog Real- I wonder how he thinks of it too? The wedding I mean. Not at all? Or how I hope he thinks of it, as Osipi said, all the good times. As she said, part of love is letting go.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I did notice how devastated Charles looked when he went to France and the day of Diana's funeral. He had just lost a friend, former lover, and the mother of his children. I believe that he and Diana were starting to become friends and that they were repairing their relationship. I wonder if Diana ever thought or hoped she and Charles would get back together.