The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Serene Highness

How did we celebrate in 1981?
As preparations are finalised for the royal wedding, how will the celebrations compare with those for Charles and Diana in 1981?
BBC News - How did we celebrate in 1981?

Extended highlight's from the BBC of Charles and Diana's wedding day 30 years ago on July 29th 1981
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/events/...encers_wedding

Old 04-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

Oh what a night! Bangers and baked beans with Grace Kelly. Dancing the conga with Prince Edward. One socialite recalls the riotous wedding bash thrown by Charles and Di
Read more: ROYAL WEDDING: Oh what a night! One socialite recalls the riotous bash thrown by Charles and Di | Mail Online

UAE remembers the last 'big day'
UAE remembers the last 'big day' - The National

As William and Kate's big day nears, take a look back at the 1981 wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

Old 04-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Gentry

Not true, the cameras went into the palance behind Princess Margaret after her wedding. But that was the last time.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Ya but that was as they entered the palace to go upstairs for formal shots, balcony appearance and then the wedding breakfast. But after the balcony appearance we haven't seen anything ever. Besides the obvious departure from BP for the honeymoon. We still do see when they arrive back to palace and are about to go into the palace but the difference now is we don't see them inside and going up those steps like we did with Margaret.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:05 AM
Royal Highness

As if I remember every second like it was yesterday. It was great.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Diana's wedding day
Princess Diana's wedding day - The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com
Old 04-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Courtier

This still remains my all-time favorite royal wedding, ever, in fact 30 years later the magic hasn't wanned. Me and my older sister are no longer teenagers, but the memories are like yesterday. And we are still those young teens inside, like Diana was one month before her wedding.

My feeling is that there will never be another royal wedding like Diana's, as it should be, God only makes one. And no one knows when that one special person will appear, be it in music (Elvis), art (Picaso), classical (Beethoven), figure skating (Sonja Henie), hollywood (Marily Monroe), et al. There will always be pretenders, but there can only be one.

A star comes along once in a millennium, or if we're lucky, in a century, and even luckier in our lifetime.

Until then, I will make do with what we get when it comes to royal weddings. They are rare, so any glimpse of one is a treasure in itself.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Serene Highness

Photos
Charles and Diana - Classic FM
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/ph...ng-1349056.php
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/multime...4229-28426103/
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Y0N6KqptSo...harleskiss.jpg
Old 05-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Serene Highness

Forget Kate's dress, it's Diana's bridal gown that's still drawing millions across the world

Read more: Forget Kate Middleton's dress, it's Princess Diana's bridal gown that's drawing millions across the world | Mail Online

As Kate Middleton's dress wows the world, Princess Diana's is locked away in a glass case - mirror.co.uk
Old 05-09-2011, 01:55 AM
Heir Apparent

This is quite interesting some tidbits from Lord Lichfield on the official photos
Quote:
So I worked out the different heights the night before the marriage. And then I
got numbers and stuck them to the floor and a corresponding chart on the
wall. When each one came in I said discover the number and stand on it.”

I was the official cameraman however photographic companies persisted on having
representatives so I had 2 men on either side of me shooting all I
did.“All of us have Twelve frames for every single one set-up however I still have one bullet left in my
weapon. So I clicked my tongue as if I Would taken a picture and told Prince
Charles: ‘Fine, that is it, you could recreate.’ They all collapsed and I got the
shot. The 2 chaps have not voiced to me since.”
With Diana and the bridesmaids, he observed Clementine Hambro ending up being
cranky. ”I saw the Princess of Wales stretch out her hand and I had a
little camera in my pocket. I went hit, and it ended up being a double page spread
in Life journal.”
Still Life Photography | Photo printing

I'm assuming this is the photo he's talking about of the other 2 men shooting all he did.

Credit: Rexfeatures

Also quite interesting looking over different books the discrepancies in who was invited to the wedding breakfast and how many some says just friends and family other says friends and family with a few crown heads of Europe. Some say their were 118 people others say 120. Also we have learned in a recent article published that Patrick took the official photos in 20 minutes!
Old 05-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

Retrospective: Charles and Diana wed - 63 pictures (I loved the picture n. 30)
Charles and Diana wedding | Retrospective: Charles and Diana wed | thetelegraph.com.au
Old 05-14-2011, 03:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
For if you were lucky enough to have been invited to Charles and Diana’s wedding reception on July 29 1981, you would have witnessed the auspicious birth of ‘the ultimate rock wedding band’ when Real Deal took to the stage after Charles and Diana cut their five tiered wedding cake with a royal crest-engraved sword.
Real Deal | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

I dunno if this is true tbh the members look kinda young but thought I'd post it just incase.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:27 AM

I am looking for a full copy of Prince Charles and Lady Diana's wedding for my Mom's birthday, can anyone help?
Old 05-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by megspegs
I am looking for a full copy of Prince Charles and Lady Diana's wedding for my Mom's birthday, can anyone help?
I got my copy on ebay. Hopefully you'll have some luck finding one there! :)
Old 05-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by megspegs View Post

are you wanting a video? i have a vhs tape...pm me if you want.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

A new official portrait I found on flickr. Credit:The Waxbitch
Old 05-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

This is new to me thanks Ghost. I spot Princess Grace, the King & Queen of Sweden and Queen Beatrix.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Diana & Prince Charles' Wedding: A Look Back
vintage everyday: Princess Diana & Prince Charles' Wedding: A Look Back
Old 05-30-2011, 11:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Something about this wedding makes me want to cry everytime I see pictures. I guess it's the ever lingering thought of what could have been.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Serene Highness

Some pictures:
theprincessdianafan2's blog - Page 326 - Blog de sur Princess Diana , Willam & Catherine et Harry - Skyrock.com
theprincessdianafan2's blog - Page 325 - Blog de sur Princess Diana , Willam & Catherine et Harry - Skyrock.com
theprincessdianafan2's blog - Page 324 - Blog de sur Princess Diana , Willam & Catherine et Harry - Skyrock.com
theprincessdianafan2's blog - Page 323 - Blog de sur Princess Diana , Willam & Catherine et Harry - Skyrock.com
http://theprincessdianafan2.skyrock.com/322.html
http://theprincessdianafan2.skyrock.com/321.html
http://theprincessdianafan2.skyrock.com/320.html