The Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker-Bowles: 9 April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
love the shoes...:)

Attachments

• capt[2].lon32904091457.britain_royal_wedding_lon329.jpg
    capt[2].lon32904091457.britain_royal_wedding_lon329.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 2,015
  • capt[1].lon32804091457.britain_royal_wedding_lon328.jpg
    capt[1].lon32804091457.britain_royal_wedding_lon328.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,933
I didn't like the hat that she wore during the ceremony either. It didn't seem to really match or go along with the outfit, which I really did like alot. The hat seems to resemble a broom just a bit. I also had a wicked thought about it when I was looking through some of the photos. There is one of her and Charles walking outside and I thought it would be really funny if a bird came along and set up his nest in it, because that's what it also reminded me of. :D

I did like her other hat though that she wore during the civil ceremony. It was really nice.

Arrival Aberdeen Airport to start the honeymoon

Attachments

• r47535701.jpg
    r47535701.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 305
  • capt.lon39104092051.britain_scotland_royal_wedding__lon391.jpg
    capt.lon39104092051.britain_scotland_royal_wedding__lon391.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 392
  • capt.ny39004092046.britain_scotland_royal_wedding__ny390.jpg
    capt.ny39004092046.britain_scotland_royal_wedding__ny390.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 369
A picture of Annabelle Elliott, Camilla's sister, as well as one of Camilla's father, Bruce Shand with his grandson Tom.

Attachments

• annabelle.jpg
    annabelle.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 344
  • bruce shand.jpg
    bruce shand.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 355
  • zara-a.jpg
    zara-a.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 233
This woman was dreadful. For me the skirt is too short for a disconight,don´t speak of a royal wedding. She is Tom´s fiancee and she should have dressed more appropriate for the occasion.

Also Zara wasn´t dressed appropriate. It reminded me more of a party dress than a dress you wear to a wedding.

In my opinion Camilla was the best- dressed and most beautiful woman today. Perhaps this is because I didn´t expect her to look so good.

The royal woman dissapointed me a lot. Eugenie and Beatrice and Sophie were dresses appropriate but I didn´t like them.I would have thought of something more colourful for the royal ladies...

Thanks for posting the photo of Camilla's sister Annabelle, Alexandria. I've been wondering what she looked like. Wow! You can definitely tell that Annabelle and Camilla are sisters, they could pass as twins.

Alexandria said:
Camilla's kids will get no title, just as Mette-Marit of Norway's son Marius has no title. Tom and Laura Parker Bowles are simply the Prince of Wales's step-children and the Duchess of Cornwall's children by her first marriage.

Unless Andrew Parker Bowles has a title that would be passed onto his son and daughter, the marriage between Charles and Camilla today does not grant her children any title by virtue of their marriage. Charles's sons having titles is a separate matter altogether. Their step-siblings are not granted titles just by virtue of this relationship.

Hmm that´s not fair i think...I know why CP Mette-Marit son are not geting a titel in Norway ( ther are no aristocracy in Norway becide the royal family)..
Ther s alot of aristocracy in UK and i know that baroness/countess Jami Lee Curtis and her husband are only having girls and they can´t succeed the titel of ther dad. Why not give the titel to Camillas kids then?

I think Camilla should be the queen ,unless she supports fox hunting and hunting in general cause I'm really against killing animals.

Thanks everyone for posting the photos. I missed the wedding, so it's great to see Camilla and Charles, and all the guests. I really loved both of Camilla's outfits. I don't often like what she wears, but I thought she chose appropriate outfits, and that both she and they looked very pretty. Although I don't like Camilla as much as other royals, I congratulate the couple and hope they have a very happy life together. :)

If only Charles had married Camilla when he first met her all those years ago, when they were both single. Then perhaps all the tragedy with Diana and what her sons went through would never have happened..One minor mistake caused so much grief for so many people..I hope the two of them are very happy now.

I saw the wedding and I liked it very much. Camilla was nice and elegant.

Thank you all for the pictures.

:)

Zina said:
If only Charles had married Camilla when he first met her all those years ago, when they were both single. Then perhaps all the tragedy with Diana and what her sons went through would never have happened..One minor mistake caused so much grief for so many people..I hope the two of them are very happy now.

This situation is a bit of a catch-22 isn't it? If Charles and Camilla had gotten married more than 20 years ago and had their own children, there would've been no Charles and Diana (even the bad parts of them) and we wouldn't have William and Harry today -- and nobody wants to be missing out on William and Harry do they?! :p

I agree with Alexandria...I think that it was a big mistake for Charles to get married with Diana....I think that what´s done it´s done..so..he´s still paying for his mistakes...but, finally he´s married with Camilla and very happy...And, Charles and Diana gave to the world this two amazing guys....i ask the same question of Alexandria...do you imagine thw world without Will and Harry?? I don´t....hehehe. I wish the best to the couple!!

Last edited:
I thought Camilla looked lovely today. Both dresses were wonderful. I liked the hat she wore to the civil ceremony but didn't like the blessing hat at all.

Unfortunately for Charles and Camilla, the early 1970s wouldn't have been an easy time for them if they had decided they wanted to marry then. Charles was in the Navy, Lord Mountbatten was pushing his own granddaughter at Charles, Camilla had had previous relationships and wasn't a member of the nobility, and the whole country wasn't quite as permissive about who the senior royals counld marry. He'd really have had to fight hard to be allowed to marry her, and he doesn't seem like someone who willingly seeks out major confrontations.

More family and royal guests pictures

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 435
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 456
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 386
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 322
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 539
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 2,359
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 279
  • r1452806494.jpg
    r1452806494.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 247
  • r4010803597.jpg
    r4010803597.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 757
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 255
WHy give the kids a title? Remember they are the children of camilla and andrew parker bowles. There mom has that title through courtesy b/c she married Charles. So why should the kids get a title?

Does anyone know if Charles made camilla sign a prenup?

H.M. Margrethe said:
Hmm that´s not fair i think...I know why CP Mette-Marit son are not geting a titel in Norway ( ther are no aristocracy in Norway becide the royal family)..
Ther s alot of aristocracy in UK and i know that baroness/countess Jami Lee Curtis and her husband are only having girls and they can´t succeed the titel of ther dad. Why not give the titel to Camillas kids then?

It has been reported that there is no pre-nup.

To the poster who was surprised that the Church of England uses the same General Confession as her/his church a bit of background - this version of the General Confession was originally written by Thomas Cranmer when Henry VIII broke from Rome and Edward VI officially founded the Church of England (Henry always said he was the head of the Church IN England and regarded himself as a devout Roman Catholic to the end while Edward was really the first official king of the Church OF England).

In 1662 the Prayer Book was re-written or modernised and the version of the General Confession used in the wedding service - along with many of the other prayers - e.g. the absolution come from that Prayer Book. It is my favourite. I really dislike the modern Prayer Books and simply can't say the words in the newer versions of the Lord's Prayer or Creed.

In other words your church is using the Church of England version of the General Confession.

Gabriella said:
I didn't like the hat that she wore during the ceremony either. It didn't seem to really match or go along with the outfit, which I really did like alot. The hat seems to resemble a broom just a bit. I also had a wicked thought about it when I was looking through some of the photos. There is one of her and Charles walking outside and I thought it would be really funny if a bird came along and set up his nest in it, because that's what it also reminded me of. :D

I did like her other hat though that she wore during the civil ceremony. It was really nice.

oh yes....a broom...that's the correct description i was looking for.....that hat was just like putting a broom on her head....looks kinda funny..:D

The most thing i have to say that it's very cleary that the Queen does not like Duchess Camilla.I saw the Queen rarely look at the Duchess or smile with her.And when they left the Chapel,Camilla once tried to smile to the Queen but the Queen got away from her.

The Queen wears between light yellow and white,half white and half light yellow.

I think the outfit and the hat at the Civil Wedding looked good but the dress at St George's Chapel does not look very good,she would wear some thing more lighter.

I thought she was the worst dressed woman at the wedding. She looked tacky and a bit class-less:eek: It will be interesting to see what her wedding dress will look like.
queentara said:
love the shoes...:)

So did I. SHe moved behind her son and than she went beside him to talk to him. I really don't think that camilla belongs where she is today and I bet teh Queen feels that way too. This was not supposed to happen, but thankfully the monarchy is changing so nothing like this will never happen again.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
The most thing i have to say that it's very cleary that the Queen does not like Duchess Camilla.I saw the Queen rarely look at the Duchess or smile with her.And when they left the Chapel,Camilla once tried to smile to the Queen but the Queen got away from her.

In 1662 the Prayer Book was re-written or modernised and the version of the General Confession used in the wedding service - along with many of the other prayers - e.g. the absolution come from that Prayer Book. It is my favourite. I really dislike the modern Prayer Books and simply can't say the words in the newer versions of the Lord's Prayer or Creed.

I think at the time of his first marriage, Charles said something about disliking the new version too; as far as I remember, it was updated into modern language in the 1970s sometime. His first wedding service didn't use the new language, and I see that the present one didn't either. When my husband and I got married we didn't have a choice; the modern version was the only one used in our parish church. I'm sure royalty is given choices, though!

Camilla dresses were nice.
The wed was ok but i think that maybe can would be more emotional.

Apart of the Royal Family of Granmd Britain, i didn´t saw other members of any Royal house. Who "royal" (apart of britain family) was there?

bigheadshirmp said:
oh yes....a broom...that's the correct description i was looking for.....that hat was just like putting a broom on her head....looks kinda funny..:D
Yes, I didn't like that hat either. What was it made out of anyway?

camilla is not my favorite royal but she look very good in her second gown. i think she should have worn a tiara, i didnt like the "thing" on her head. yuk
do yall know whats really funny-right now on MSN newnetwork they are showing the wedding of charles and diana.

Nice wedding !!!!

Happy wedding !!!! That this wedding take forever !!!!

I think the bride is wonderful elegant

I was pleasantly surprised by what Camilla wore. I didnt occur to me that she'd change for the blessing. I loved the second dress. It was so elegant and regal. The sort of seafoam green colour and the gold thread embroidery were so lovely. It was mentioned on tv that they had to do a bit of research in the Victoria and Albert museum to figure out how to give it that special look, very subtle and almost irridescent. It reminded me of some of the elves' costumes in the Lord of the Rings movies (both in terms of the lean/elegant look and the colour and embroidery)

As for the blessing. With all the talk about atoning for their past sins, I had assumed that Charles and Camilla would ask for penitence as individuals. But they did it along with the entire congragation. Members of the Anglican clergy who were invited to comment on both CBC and CNN mentioned that asking for penitence is something Charles and Camilla would've done every week on sunday at church. They mentioned that this was an important part of Anglican church services. So its not like they went out of their way to apologize for their past behaviour. It was all very subtle.

Oh and I loved the music at the blessing. Very beautiful.
I switched back and forth between coverage on CBC, CNN and the French network TV5 which was the most thorough. But I didnt see any of the other European royals arriving. That was very odd because I was watching the guests arrive at least an hour before the ceremony started. I did see the middle eastern royals though.
It was eerie how many celebrity faces I recognized. Probably because I watch a lot of British mini-series.

Back
Top Bottom