The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Royal Highness

Maybe instead you should be sensitive to the feelings of others on calling Camilla what Diana is-the Princess of Wales. I, personally, don't care what you call her cuz I know what I will (no it is not deragotory-just what I feel comfortable calling her). ANd of course you have the right to call her whatever. But in addition to being sensitive to others, you shuld also consider the fact that camilla has said she wants to be known as that title that she said she wants to be called.

Old 04-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
I'm reflecting on wheter I should go along with calling Camilla The Duchess of Cornwall, or if I maybe should start to refer to her as Princess of Wales now after their marriage - I mean she is that now, only they prefer to call her Duchess of Cornwall because the public opinion. Rebel me ey...

And I agree, let Diana rest in peace and leave it be.
I agree. I understand that The Duchess of Cornwall asked not to be addressed as the Pirncess of Wales even though it is her title. I can understand why she would feel that way. It's Camilla's time now. Let Diana rest. Everyone needs to move on. It's another day.....:p

Old 04-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Keep on topic

Could we at least try to keep this particular thread restricted to the subject of the Royal Wedding?

Endless discussions about Camilla's title can be carried on for another twenty or thirty years elsewhere on the board.

Thanks! :)
Old 04-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Courtier

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Could we at least try to keep this particular thread restricted to the subject of the Royal Wedding?

Endless discussions about Camilla's title can be carried on for another twenty or thirty years elsewhere on the board.

Thanks! :)
I apologize:p The wedding was lovely. The blessing ceremony was moving. I did not know that the Church of England uses the same General Confession that is used in my own church. I chanted along with everyone else in the audience.

I loved the Duchess's dress suit at the Guildhall and I adore the outfit for the blessing ceremony. I am especially happy that we were allowed to veiw the ceremony because Charles was originally against broadcasting it. CNN did a great job. The BBC had a great broadcast as well. It was sorta hard to choose between the two of them

I wish them all the happiness in the world. I look forward to seeing them growing old (older? ) together.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

As the wedding is now over, this thread is now closed.

Thank you to everyone who provided information on what channels and at what times members could catch the wedding and church blessing in their respective countries. (I know that I personally was able to catch it at the right time thanks to ~*~Humera~*~. :))

If you missed the wedding, highlights are being played throughout most of the day on many channels I have seen. Just find CNN or another all-news channel available to you.

And if those options are not available, catch up on the wedding at this thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...186#post197186.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
Anyone find it interesting that the Queen wore white and the bride didn't?? It was if Her Majesty was making a statement with her choice of color. She does not wear white often, and how ironic to wear it to her son's wedding.
Yes, that was sort of interesting, although I don't think it was a pure white. Well, maybe the Queen figured that this time the bride needed upstaging!

Didn't she wear shades of blue or lavender to all her sons' first weddings?
Old 04-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Yes, that was sort of interesting, although I don't think it was a pure white. Well, maybe the Queen figured that this time the bride needed upstaging!

Didn't she wear shades of blue or lavender to all her sons' first weddings?
I think she wore shades of blue to Charles' first edding and Andrew's weddings. However, I don't remember what color she wore to Edward's.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Courtier

Smile

(CNN's story about the honeymoon's location)

The trip may lack the glitz of Charles's honeymoon cruise around the Mediterranean with Princess Diana. But, like the less glamorous Parker Bowles, it appears better suited to his tastes.
While at Birkhall mansion in the Scottish highlands, the newlyweds will be able to engage in their shared love of country pursuits such as fishing, long walks and wearing lots of tweed.

Charles has described the early 18th-century home on the royal Balmoral estate as "a unique haven of cosiness and character." He is reportedly to fish in the River Muick, which flows at the bottom of Birkhall's sloping garden.

"One of the reasons I think Charles and Camilla like it here is because it is normally quiet and they can get on with their lives," local butcher Barry Florence said Friday.

Queen Victoria's husband Prince Albert bought Birkhall in the 19th century and it became the Balmoral residence of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, who died in 2002, leaving it to Charles.

The prince's mother, now Queen Elizabeth II, spent some of her honeymoon there after her marriage to Prince Phillip.

The small, whitewashed mansion sits in a wooded estate and lies some 12 miles from the imposing Balmoral Castle, where the queen spends her summer holidays.

Diana passed some of her honeymoon on the estate, after she and Charles toured the Mediterranean aboard a lavish royal yacht. But, unlike Parker Bowles, the late princess never developed a passion for the Scottish countryside.

Charles, however, often retreated to Birkhall to escape media scrutiny during the breakdown of his first marriage. In recent years, he and Parker Bowles have spent much of the spring season there.

They are expected to stay for around a week at Birkhall, but will interrupt their honeymoon to carry out their first official engagement as a married couple by opening a nearby children's playground.

"It is wonderful that they will be carrying out their first official engagement as a married couple in Ballater," said pharmacist Derek Mutch. "It feels like a thank you to the village for the way we have treated and accepted them over the years."
Old 04-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Royal Highness

Lady Sarah Chatto
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

new pictures from today
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capt.lon38604091920.britain_royal_wedding_lon386.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	123086   Click image for larger version

Name:	r2202053099.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	123087   Click image for larger version

Name:	capt.lon38204091817.britain_royal_wedding_lon382.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	123088   Click image for larger version

Name:	capt.lon38504091829.britain_royal_wedding_lon385.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	123089  

Name:	0,,191655,00.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	123090  
Old 04-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennyllorac
I think she wore shades of blue to Charles' first edding and Andrew's weddings. However, I don't remember what color she wore to Edward's.
Her Majesty wore blue to the 1st weddings of the Princess Royal, the Prince of Wales, and the Duke of York. She wore lavender to the wedding of the Earl of Wessex.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Courtier

Are there any pics of Viscount and Viscountess Linley, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, the Duke and Duchess of Kent, Princess Alexandra, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, or the Ogilvys?
Old 04-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Courtier

I am not sure what was Her Majest thinking of when she chose her dress ?!!!
Old 04-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Courtier

ok..am i the only one that seems to dislike Camilla's "hat" ....it looks like...how would u describe it??? like....putting a mop on ur head or sth...but her dress is nice....

i read somewhere that they are goona admit their sins or apologize abt their divorce...did that happen during the ceremony?
Old 04-09-2005, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant
The lovely blue and gold silk gownfor the blessing was designed by Robinson Valentine :p
:p I herd it on BBC, so blame my bad English for the confusion of names...
Old 04-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Pictures of the rest of the British royal family as well as Camilla's two children.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	william-harry-b.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	123112   Click image for larger version

Name:	harry-a.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	123113   Click image for larger version

Name:	tom-a.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	123114   Click image for larger version

Name:	tom-b.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	123115  

Name:	laura-a.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	123116   Click image for larger version

Name:	queen-a.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	123117   Click image for larger version

Name:	queen-b.jpg
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	123118   Click image for larger version

Name:	sophie-a.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	123119  

Name:	sophie-b.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	123120   Click image for larger version

Name:	sophie-c.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	123121  
Old 04-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Pictures of the rest of the British royal family as well as Camilla's two children.

Now Charles and Camilla finally are married what kinde of titels will Camillas kids get ?
Charles kids are both princes but what about Camillas kids?

Old 04-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

And some more, including a close up of Camilla's bouquet and some of the royals in the back row behind the Queen and her family, including Princess Alexandra, James and Julia Ogilvy, David and Serena Linley, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent.

Also, in one of the pictures is Tom Parker Bowles with his father, Andrew.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bouquet.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	123125   Click image for larger version

Name:	beatrice-a.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	123126   Click image for larger version

Name:	eugenie-a.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	123127   Click image for larger version

Name:	zaraa.jpg
Views:	1759
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	123128  

Name:	william.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	123129   Click image for larger version

Name:	tom-laura.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	123130   Click image for larger version

Name:	andrew.jpg
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	123131   Click image for larger version

Name:	royal bus.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	123132  

Name:	valentino-a.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	123133   Click image for larger version

Name:	church.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	123134  
Old 04-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
Now Charles and Camilla finally are married what kinde of titels will Camillas kids get ?
Charles kids are both princes but what about Camillas kids?
Camilla's kids will get no title, just as Mette-Marit of Norway's son Marius has no title. Tom and Laura Parker Bowles are simply the Prince of Wales's step-children and the Duchess of Cornwall's children by her first marriage.

Unless Andrew Parker Bowles has a title that would be passed onto his son and daughter, the marriage between Charles and Camilla today does not grant her children any title by virtue of their marriage. Charles's sons having titles is a separate matter altogether. Their step-siblings are not granted titles just by virtue of this relationship.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Gentry

Thumbs up

christmas tree...:)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	laura-a[1].jpg
Views:	149
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	123136