The Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker-Bowles: 9 April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wasn't being mean. I was completely serious that the wedding outfit was not too bridal to be worn again. I will have to look, but I distinctly remember her wearing it again about a year after the event. That was the best she's ever looked, so why not wear it again, assuming it still fits. She has loads of formal events to go to.

eta: there is no picture, but the opening of this article states that she has recycled her wedding gown several times www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/20090616144o/camilla-hat/royal-garter/windsor-queen/1/ . I will scrounge aroung asn see if I can find some pix.

Camilla has worn her wedding ceremony dress on several occasion, this is a picture of it. http://www.bridalwave.tv/camilladress.jpg
The image on the left is her wearing it on her wedding day.

She has never repeated the dress she wore to the blessing ceremony at Windsor Castle after her wedding, this is it http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk2n53gLhs1qd8bxp.jpg

She has however recycled the headpiece she wore with the silver outfit.

think that the blessing ceremony outfit is 1st class - really superb.

But when did she wear the headpiece again? Would like to see pix of that if possible

I maybe wrong, but I thought it was Ascot.

think that the blessing ceremony outfit is 1st class - really superb.

But when did she wear the headpiece again? Would like to see pix of that if possible

Indeed. That was a very elegant and beautiful look. I know I've seen her wear her the headpiece again, but I don't remember what events. Lumutqueen may be right; she could very well have worn it at Ascot, if not this past June than in previous yeas.

Mmm i don't remember seeing that particular headpiece worn again. Some had the same style though.

Mmm i don't remember seeing that particular headpiece worn again. Some had the same style though.

Thank you Nico :flowers:. I do remember seeing a few that resemble the hat in question (though to me they all looked the same).

:previous:

Just changed the link with a working one :p .

That Lady can certainly rock a headpiece - that b/w hat is amazing! similar style to the one worn at the wedding blessing. can only say wow!

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I was asking about Camilla's church wedding dress. I for one think Camilla's blessing gown needs to be put on display or at least a copy of it. If Sophies gown is out there than Camilla's is worthy as well. It was so beautiful and unique in that it wasn't white. I believe she was round at this stage of her life and the fit still flattered her figure.

Last edited:
That Lady can certainly rock a headpiece - that b/w hat is amazing! similar style to the one worn at the wedding blessing. can only say wow!

Yes she can! She's one of the very few who is able to wear really big hats and really big jewelry and look superb.

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I was asking about Camilla's church wedding dress. I for one think Camilla's blessing gown needs to be put on display or at least a copy of it. If Sophies gown is out there than Camilla's is worthy as well. It was so beautiful and unique in that it wasn't white. I believe she was round at this stage of her life and the fit still flattered her figure.
There is no church wedding dress. This is what is causing the confusion. The article I quoted referred to her 'wedding gown'. I took that to mean, of the two outfits worn that dry, the short dress worn at the civil ceremony or the long 'gown' worn at the church blessing, that the 'wedding gown' meant the long church dress....but apparently not. Which is a pity, as she has never equaled the look.

Last edited:
:previous: I am inclined to think that Camilla's two dresses were worthy of making it to this top ten list - considering this was, for various reasons, probably one of the most difficult bridal ensembles to create, in many ways it is probably one of the most well done. However, because of the controversies, I am surprised to see it featured.

:previous:

Well, I was among those who voted to have Camilla's dress in Top 10. For more mature brides, Camilla's dresses were absolutely perfect. The white ensemble was elegant without being overpowering, while the blessing one was truly regal, while at the same time remaining quite simple and understated.

I, think, she looked lovely at both events.

I thought Camilla looked lovely. But I agree, I don't think her dress is worthy of being in the top ten. I like her white outfit better actually.

I thought this was a difficult situation to pick the appropriate things to wear on a day when not every citizen was on board. It had to suit a civil ceremony and religious blessing events, the specter of the first wife and her terrible death and all that ensued.

When I look back on it - Camilla got it spot on! I remember not being "sold" on the day, but in hindsight she was perfect. She allowed herself to be pretty, look great, feel good which every bride should! But it was low key and age appropriate and fit the moment perfectly.

Though we will never know the true role Camilla played in the breakup of Charles and Diane, in the end, Charles and Diana were not suited to one another - and no one can blame that on Camilla.

She made a lovely bride and clearly, has been a big part of transforming how Charles approaches his public role. He is more positive, lighthearted, happy, laughing, etc. than he ever was in the Di years.

I am now a solid Camilla supporter. I now understand how effective a public figure can be with the right spouse, family and support.

And oddly, I began to learn that by looking at what Camilla wore to her marriage.

Back
Top Bottom