The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I was asking about Camilla's church wedding dress. I for one think Camilla's blessing gown needs to be put on display or at least a copy of it. If Sophies gown is out there than Camilla's is worthy as well. It was so beautiful and unique in that it wasn't white. I believe she was round at this stage of her life and the fit still flattered her figure.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
That Lady can certainly rock a headpiece - that b/w hat is amazing! similar style to the one worn at the wedding blessing. can only say wow!
Yes she can! She's one of the very few who is able to wear really big hats and really big jewelry and look superb.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I was asking about Camilla's church wedding dress. I for one think Camilla's blessing gown needs to be put on display or at least a copy of it. If Sophies gown is out there than Camilla's is worthy as well. It was so beautiful and unique in that it wasn't white. I believe she was round at this stage of her life and the fit still flattered her figure.
There is no church wedding dress. This is what is causing the confusion. The article I quoted referred to her 'wedding gown'. I took that to mean, of the two outfits worn that dry, the short dress worn at the civil ceremony or the long 'gown' worn at the church blessing, that the 'wedding gown' meant the long church dress....but apparently not. Which is a pity, as she has never equaled the look.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Readers’ Top 10 Wedding Gowns: #7. The Duchess of Cornwall

Really suprised that this made it into the list. Anyway, her white outift at the civil service was very elegant. Her blessing service dress looked great on her. I loved the gold embroidery. Not a fan of the headpiece, I think it's unusual, especially for a wedding. All in all, a very appropriate look for Camilla. Though, I don't think it's worthy of being in a top ten list.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Nobility

I am inclined to think that Camilla's two dresses were worthy of making it to this top ten list - considering this was, for various reasons, probably one of the most difficult bridal ensembles to create, in many ways it is probably one of the most well done. However, because of the controversies, I am surprised to see it featured.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Well, I was among those who voted to have Camilla's dress in Top 10. For more mature brides, Camilla's dresses were absolutely perfect. The white ensemble was elegant without being overpowering, while the blessing one was truly regal, while at the same time remaining quite simple and understated.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I, think, she looked lovely at both events.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Gentry

I thought Camilla looked lovely. But I agree, I don't think her dress is worthy of being in the top ten. I like her white outfit better actually.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought this was a difficult situation to pick the appropriate things to wear on a day when not every citizen was on board. It had to suit a civil ceremony and religious blessing events, the specter of the first wife and her terrible death and all that ensued.

When I look back on it - Camilla got it spot on! I remember not being "sold" on the day, but in hindsight she was perfect. She allowed herself to be pretty, look great, feel good which every bride should! But it was low key and age appropriate and fit the moment perfectly.

Though we will never know the true role Camilla played in the breakup of Charles and Diane, in the end, Charles and Diana were not suited to one another - and no one can blame that on Camilla.

She made a lovely bride and clearly, has been a big part of transforming how Charles approaches his public role. He is more positive, lighthearted, happy, laughing, etc. than he ever was in the Di years.

I am now a solid Camilla supporter. I now understand how effective a public figure can be with the right spouse, family and support.

And oddly, I began to learn that by looking at what Camilla wore to her marriage.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Royal Highness

Archbishop Williams intoned, "Let the rings be symbols of your faithfulness."
Charles and Camilla were wearing bands made of gold mined in North Wales.