The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Royal Highness

Silly me, for some reason I thought it only said "Prince of Great Britain" . Thanks Elspeth.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Administrator

Andrew Parker Bowles

It was said during the telecast that Andrew Parker Bowles had rung Camilla a couple of days prior to the wedding and had a long conversation, during which he wished her well.

To emphasise the point, he was a guest at the wedding with his second wife.

Very adult, very civilised, and very sweet.

And for those who continue to state "what must William and Harry think", or who have doubts about the relationship between the new step-siblings, just have a look at the photo below.

And please don't claim "they are just faking it for the media" as has been posted previously in various threads
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Royal Wedding4.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	124833  

Old 04-13-2005, 01:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

that sounds interesting to me too, in the us you say widowed after a divorce, wonder why if the marriage has been dissolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennyllorac
What I find interesting is that he states that his previous marriage was dissolved. I know that that is true howver, here in the US if your ex-spouse dies you no longer have to say divorced you can say widowed.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
And please don't claim "they are just faking it for the media" as has been posted previously in various threads
Yes, Harry looked far too happy to be faking it.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Gentry

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Me too! The fact that, when camilla was proud of her great-grandmother alice keppel for being the king's mistress and than for her to have an open marriage when she was married to Andrew is completely perverse and so disgusting. I didn't even know ppl did those kinds of things. And yeah I am sure her kids are happy, but if my mom did that I would be so mad and embarrased that she was somebody's "scarlet woman" (the word I want to use starts with a w and rhymes with floor)! Women deserve better and are more valuable than to have to cheat, lie, fornicate, adulterate in order to get what they want. The ends should not justify the means. This case has not been a good example for girls b/c it has taught them that the ends justify the means. When I teach my daughters and others about this situation I will tell them that this is no fairytale cuz one is more precious and more valuable than being someone's "scarlet woman".

I pray that future royals and monarchs would use more discretion and be more mature! I hope that is this has not compromised what a monarchy is supposed to be! If so than viva la republica (i hope i said that right)!
I AGREE!

Simply put, she is a woman (Camilla) with no values. Adultery runs in her family. I saw a video on CNN website saying that even if Charles wanted to marry Camilla in early seventies (before she married Andrew), she would not have won because she was known for her past relationships and that she was not virgin. virginity was important at that time as the guest of the video mentioned. On the other hand, i also blame Charles for being in a relationship with a supposedly married woman before she got divorced in late 90s. Even her ex-husband is a man with no values. What a family..
Old 04-13-2005, 09:33 PM

Not a widower

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
that sounds interesting to me too, in the us you say widowed after a divorce, wonder why if the marriage has been dissolved
If a marriage has been dissolved (divorce) a person is NOT widowed if the ex then dies after the divorce. You are no longer married in the eyes of the law. There's no way that person can be considered as widowed.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:14 PM
Aristocracy

you know harry could have been happy at the wedding because his dad said he could go see chelsy after it!
" if you are a good boy, you can go to south africa"
Old 04-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
Oh my...so much to say!!!!
I think your post is great Britters! I agree with everything you have said. :)

Quote:
First off...William and Harry supporting the wedding...who's to say that these two aren't truly happy for Prince Charles and the Duchess (as she is now termed)? They seem to make one another happy and it seems fairly obvious...after all they've made it work this long? So how do we not know that maybe William and Harry aren't supporting this marriage because they truly want their father to be happy, and they can see that this woman does just that?
Whatever William and Harry truly feel about Camilla or her involvement in their parent's marriage, 8 years after their mother's death I would think that as unselfish boys who love their father very much they would at least want him to be happy, whatever or whomever that means.

Quote:
Second-I don't see anything wrong with Andrew Parker Bowles attending the wedding? It just goes to show that the pair seperated amicably and are commited to remaing friends and supporting one another.
I think it shows that everyone involved in this entanglement of relationships is mature enough to be in one room with each other without a fist fight breaking out. That Andrew can watch his ex-wife get re-married, even to a man whom she had an affair with while married to Andrew, says a lot about the kind of man Andrew is. That he is not bitter or petty or that he holds onto old resentments or hostilities.

Quote:
In answer to Karima's question- the group of "kids" have grown up in the same cirlces, and it has been reported more then once that the ofur are friends, so I'm sure this just stregthens those friendships.
Tom and William were good friends while William was still at Eton. They both used to party together.

Quote:
And finally I will state again (I've already stated it once), would all those people who are so disgusted by this marriage be just as disgusted if Diana were still alive and remarrying? After she commited the same adultery in the relationship and was just as much to blame for the break-up of the Royal marriage as the Prince of Wales was.
Spot on Britters! Everyone seems to ignore the fact that Diana had her fair share of affairs with not just one man, but several during the course of her marriage to Charles. How is it that she is absolved of all guilt while Charles and Camilla are the ones hung out to dry? Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black?
Old 04-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Nobility

I agree...I think that Diana left what she wanted...to blame Charles for everything....In my opinion, she was not a saint, she had affairs, even more than Charles, and put all the blame of she being depressed and unhappy. Of course, iīm not making Charles a saint, he had his big mistakes...but, when a marriage ends, we never look to one side..and people are doing that. Just looking at one side of things....and donīt come with : Diana was too young and unexperienced to get married....she knew where she was going into. Iīm not also making Diana a devil.......but, thatīs the reality.I agree with Genevieve.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lady louise attend charles wedding party in windsor castle?
No pictures?
Old 04-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
Lady louise attend charles wedding party in windsor castle?
No pictures?
no!

little Lady Louise too young to understand to attend! her parents go!

Sara Boyce
Old 04-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalian
I agree...I think that Diana left what she wanted...to blame Charles for everything....In my opinion, she was not a saint, she had affairs, even more than Charles, and put all the blame of she being depressed and unhappy. Of course, iīm not making Charles a saint, he had his big mistakes...but, when a marriage ends, we never look to one side..and people are doing that. Just looking at one side of things....and donīt come with : Diana was too young and unexperienced to get married....she knew where she was going into. Iīm not also making Diana a devil.......but, thatīs the reality.I agree with Genevieve.
I'm glad to see that someone here sees that the re-marriage of Charles and Camilla is not a grey or white matter. That they shouldn't be allowed to get married, that they shouldn't be allowed some happiness because they were the bad guys who ruined Diana. They weren't. Diana was just as responsible for her life falling apart.

Charles and Camilla are no saints, that's for sure. But neither was Diana. Even in death, the multiple affairs Diana had don't make her an angel in the Charles/Diana/Camilla situation. Everyone involved, with the exception of the children, are responsible for their respective marriages flailing and ultimately ending.

And now Charles and Camilla are married. Good for them. I wish them the best of luck and all the happiness.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

harry was 18 months old (like louise) when ther uncle andrew marry sarah ferguson and he attend to buckingham palaceīs party.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
harry was 18 months old (like louise) when ther uncle andrew marry sarah ferguson and he attend to buckingham palaceīs party.
Louise was probably left home not because of her age but because Edward and Sophie want to raise her out of the spotlight as much as possible. Charles and Camilla's wedding was a rather public and well documented affair, which would not exactly be conducive to the private life the Wessexes want to give Louise.

You also can't compare Harry and Louise. Harry was the second son of the future King (and at the time) and Queen of Great Britain. Unless he was sick, there would be no reason for him to be kept at home and away from the public eye.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, and they also pushed him into the spotlight.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Nobility

No human being is faultless, including Diana, but she was in despair over Charles and Camilla's affair. It is totally wrong to imply that she and Charles were both having affairs which neither of them cared about. Diana was devastated by Charles and Camilla's behaviour and her affairs were a result of her unhappiness. Even the immensley vain James Hewitt has always maintained that Diana would not have been interested in him or anyone else if Charles had loved her as she loved him. Many people describe the Charles and Camilla situation as "A 33-year old love affair" which we should all rejoice in now that they are finally married. Well if they had both never married or were widowed I might concur but life is more complicted that that. There was in fact the seemingly "inconvienient" presence of a husband and wife in their fine romance which dosn't seem to have merited much copy since they married.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:13 AM
Administrator

Moving on

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
There was in fact the seemingly "inconvienient" presence of a husband and wife in their fine romance which dosn't seem to have merited much copy since they married.
James, are you suggesting that every mention of Charles and Camilla in the media should be preceded by a history of their previous marriages?

I think everyone is well-aware of the circumstances leading up to last week's wedding.

Some will choose to harbour grudges and resentments, and some will instead accept that not everyone is "perfect", find happiness in themselves and accept it in others, and move on.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

she could have chosen to stay faithfull to charles whether he loved her or not. there must have been a time that she was sleeping with her husband and with her lover and that personally disgusts me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
No human being is faultless, including Diana, but she was in despair over Charles and Camilla's affair. It is totally wrong to imply that she and Charles were both having affairs which neither of them cared about. Diana was devastated by Charles and Camilla's behaviour and her affairs were a result of her unhappiness. Even the immensley vain James Hewitt has always maintained that Diana would not have been interested in him or anyone else if Charles had loved her as she loved him.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:22 AM
Nobility

Thumbs up

LOL I love this picture ...Harry's facial expressions are so funny:) :p
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=123191

-Eliza
Old 04-17-2005, 11:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizahawthorne
LOL I love this picture ...Harry's facial expressions are so funny:) :p
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=123191