The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

the bbc said that camilla's father is a war hero, have a great fondness for them, (that is for ww II) and find that very interesting information. Unfortunately do not know the excact details about him, his actions that gave him that title and would love to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by misshelen
Wedding Portraits from Polfoto

Old 04-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

More nice pictures ad random
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	123501   Click image for larger version

Name:	h.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	123502   Click image for larger version

Name:	k.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	123503   Click image for larger version

Name:	l.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	123504  

Name:	laurabowles.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	123505   Click image for larger version

Name:	17067637.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	123506   Click image for larger version

Name:	z.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	123507   Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	123508  

Old 04-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Aristocracy

The Young Lady With The Short Dress Is Hrh Furture Daughter-in-law. Now This Was A Wedding Of Love!! I Never Saw Charles So Happy!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by misshelen
Wedding Portraits from Polfoto
Thank you misshelen for all the pictures and the official portraits. :) I can't decide how I feel about the official portraits yet. On the one hand they are lovely as they are very opulent in the setting and in the one with both parents of the bridegroom, everyone is smiling and looking very happy.

But in the one of Charles and Camilla I can't make up my mind if I like the fact that Camilla's dress and her flowers pick up on the ornage gold in the room or if I think she blends into the room a bit.

Of course it might just be the colouring of the pictures, too.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I just saw the screencaps ~*~Humera~*~ posted. Thanks so much for all of them! :) Great job as always!

I watched the CBC Newsworld coverage too and it was good. Allison Smith did a good job!
A few additional pictures of guests. You can see the Duchess of Kent in one of them and Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, as well as Prime Minister Tony Blair with his wife Cherie and Camilla's ex-husband, Andrew Parker Bowles with his wife Rosemary.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	guests.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	123518   Click image for larger version

Name:	anne-tim.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	123519   Click image for larger version

Name:	peter.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	123520   Click image for larger version

Name:	parker bowles kids.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	123521  

Name:	annabelle.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	123522   Click image for larger version

Name:	andrew-reosemary.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	123523   Click image for larger version

Name:	linley-chatto.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	123524   Click image for larger version

Name:	linely.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	123525  

Name:	kent.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	123526   Click image for larger version

Name:	blairs.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	123527  
Old 04-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

No photo oficcial with ALL royal family???
Old 04-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks all everybody,we all have a great beautiful view of wedding of Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla of Cornwall.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 04-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Nobility

The Princesses Alexandra and Michael of Kent arriving.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know this is a bit random but, doesn't Princess Anne's hair look like it is really dyed?
Old 04-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Nobility

I must say that I felt deep disgust after watching the ceremony in St. George's yesterday on a number of levels. Initially I didn't object to the notion of a church blessing as I had the impression that it would be a small and simple affair. What I saw made me feel little more than sick. This was a second church wedding in all but name. I lost count of the number of clergy taking part and they even made vows again. When the Archbishop asked if they understood that Christian marraige was based on "faithfulness" and they said they did I felt mortified on their behalf. Her ex-husband , the man she was married to whilst simultaneuosly having sex with Charles, (another married man) was sitting only yards away. I want to point out that when they emerged from the Guildhall I felt very nonchalant about the whole thing but it should have ended there. I feel that the Anglican Church made a mockery of marraige yesterday in order to please two individuals and I feel sorry for those who look to it for moral guidance because they must feel very let down. I have nothing against Charles and Camilla personally but she willingly and perpetually slept with Charles knowing that he was married and knowing their actions were driving his wife to despair. Yesterday was a farce.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
I know this is a bit random but, doesn't Princess Anne's hair look like it is really dyed?
Every one's hair is dyed--you mean couldn't it be more natural, and the answer is yes.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
I must say that I felt deep disgust after watching the ceremony in St. George's yesterday on a number of levels. Initially I didn't object to the notion of a church blessing as I had the impression that it would be a small and simple affair. What I saw made me feel little more than sick. This was a second church wedding in all but name. I lost count of the number of clergy taking part and they even made vows again. When the Archbishop asked if they understood that Christian marraige was based on "faithfulness" and they said they did I felt mortified on their behalf. Her ex-husband , the man she was married to whilst simultaneuosly having sex with Charles, (another married man) was sitting only yards away. I want to point out that when they emerged from the Guildhall I felt very nonchalant about the whole thing but it should have ended there. I feel that the Anglican Church made a mockery of marraige yesterday in order to please two individuals and I feel sorry for those who look to it for moral guidance because they must feel very let down. I have nothing against Charles and Camilla personally but she willingly and perpetually slept with Charles knowing that he was married and knowing their actions were driving his wife to despair. Yesterday was a farce.
I don't disagree, but Mr. Parker Bowles was also cheating.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
I don't disagree, but Mr. Parker Bowles was also cheating.
i agree!

her ex-husband always did cheat on Camilla when she see Charles lots since Charles marry to Diana in 1981 but her ex-husband plans divorces to Camilla they Andrew-parker Bowles already knew it and he wont comment to media and paparazzi when i watch Princess Diana's E! history i cant believe him! when Camilla been affair to Prince Charles and she had sex with Prince Charles they wont tell Diana but Diana already KNEW!

Sara Boyce
Old 04-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Nobility

Oh yes I know that Andrew Parker-Bowles had many women when they were married, they both seemed to have a very open relationship. It has even been said that he considered it some kind of sick honour that his wife was the Prince of Wales' mistress. I mean if he had cared at all he couldn't have brought himself to be at their wedding in the way that most normal men couldn't if their wife had cheated on them with someone else. But that's the whole point. Charles, Camilla and Andrew were perfectly at ease with the multiple adultery that was going on. It was only Diana who objected to it. That is why I found the religious service so distasteful yesterday, the three perpetrators were standing looking holier than thou whilst Diana is lying dead and the church seemed to be sanctioning the whole thing.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Majesty

This sort of action is standard practice in the Church of England. It was not just done for Charles and Camilla.

As the church often won't remarry a divorced person it will bless the union but has some requirements in place - such as the confession.

That is what happened.

If you were divorced and wanted to remarry the Church of England would probably do the same thing (some ministers may remarry you in church anyway as it is up to each minister - mine said that he would have married Charles and Camilla and not had them have a civil wedding at all).

This was NOT something special for Charles and Camilla but Church of England practice.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Nobility

Charles wedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny

Camilla did speak to The Queen and Prince Phillip, she even laughed with them. When they were all waiting to have the photo taken and were unsure where to stand, Camilla's headpiece was being worried by the wind and The Queen and Prince Phillip where laughing with her about it... I think they were all "uncomfortable" only because they weren't sure where to stand for the photo.
Hmm...I think the Queen knew exactly where she didn't want to stand on the Chapel steps. I thought Charles kind of glared at her, like, why aren't you coming down next to us?

Overall I expected Charles to look much happier - this is his great love of 30+ years!! He was tugging at his cufflinks as they walked down the aisle after the blessing was over. In the past I have heard the royal commentators on tv say that is one of his trademark signs of being uncomfortable.

Camilla did look exceptionally good, younger than she has looked in a long time. Her long dress could not have been better. The makeup was great, I hope she keeps it up in the future for evening events, anyway.

I would have been more impressed with the blessing ceremony if only the royal couple read the prayer of penitence. For me it didn't have much impact hearing it from the whole congregation.

The US tv coverage was extensive - a nice surprise.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
If you were divorced and wanted to remarry the Church of England would probably do the same thing (some ministers may remarry you in church anyway as it is up to each minister - mine said that he would have married Charles and Camilla and not had them have a civil wedding at all).

This was NOT something special for Charles and Camilla but Church of England practice.
Thank you very much for clarifying it! So, correct me if I'm mistaken, but the criteria to a priest remarrying or not a couple depends on nothing more than his own personal judgement... I find ironic that a descendent from King Henry VIII is not allowed to enjoy the priveleges he took for himself, when breaking with Roman Catholic Church to marry Anne Bolene...
Old 04-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I mean if he had cared at all he couldn't have brought himself to be at their wedding in the way that most normal men couldn't if their wife had cheated on them with someone else.
Did you ever consider that Andrew Parker-Bowles wasn't there for Charles or Camilla's sake but for the sake of his two children? Grown children or not, it is still important for two divorced parents to be civil and cordial with one another for the sake of their children. In the future, when Tom and Laura each get married, have children, and their children celebrate baptisms and birthdays, it will be much easier for both Tom and Laura and their families that their parents get along and can sit politely in a room together enjoying the children of their children and grandchildren.

Quote:
But that's the whole point. Charles, Camilla and Andrew were perfectly at ease with the multiple adultery that was going on. It was only Diana who objected to it. That is why I found the religious service so distasteful yesterday, the three perpetrators were standing looking holier than thou whilst Diana is lying dead and the church seemed to be sanctioning the whole thing.
Yes Diana objected so much to the cheating and multiple adultery she went out and had multiple affairs herself!

Secondly, it's not as if the three "perpertrators" are the reason why Diana is lying six feet under. Charles, Camilla and Andrew weren't the ones that were chasing her in a car in that Paris tunnel in 1997 figuratively or literally. These three "perperators" also did not tell her not to wear a seat belt nor did they ply her driver with alcohol so that his judgement while driving was impaired.

The fact is all four individuals in both marriages are responsible for their marriages breaking down. Just as all four individuals are responsible for the affairs they had. (And don't tell me that Charles and Camilla started the cheating first -- cheating is cheating, no matter who does it first or how many times you do it.)

Diana is also now deceased. Is Charles supposed to live in Diana's shadow until his own death? I bet that you would think that Charles was looking "holier than now" even if he were crying into his tea everyday.

Charles and Camilla just can't win. Even on the most happiest of their days together, when they clearly were two adults very much in love, people can't have one ounce of happiness for them.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Pictures of the guests
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	joan.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	123641   Click image for larger version

Name:	Joan1.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	123642   Click image for larger version

Name:	336053.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	123643   Click image for larger version

Name:	336258.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	123645  

Name:	336255.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	123646   Click image for larger version

Name:	336252.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	123648   Click image for larger version

Name:	52608360Bahrain King.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	123649   Click image for larger version

Name:	52608955Trudi Styler.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	123650  

Old 04-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Courtier

Surprising that Joan Rivers was there. I heard that she was actually friends with Charles and Camilla and that they liked her sense of humour. A curious fact since normally I would think that Charles and Camilla are the kind of people Joan would find it easy to take her cheap shots at.