The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-10-2005, 01:31 AM
Nobility

Yes, my goodness, what a tour de force.I am constantly amazed at Humera's skill with first unearthing and then posting photographs ! I am sure there is career out there somewhere for you. Well done.:)

Old 04-10-2005, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
And on the second day, ~*~Humera~*~ rested.

:)
heh..i might. Though I got plenty of rest after I watched the wedding.

Old 04-10-2005, 02:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

according to the bbc she stayed 52 seconds on the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by machievelli
LOL.. I thought I was the only one who noticed this matter. The Queen could not leave quick enough. And except fot the few royals at the wedding. I did not recognize anyone else in the crowd at the televised ceremony, etc.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

yes serena linley and the daughters of andrew, according to trinny and susannah they were wearing prada, looked very well. and the daughter of anne was wearing pucci.

Laurentien was wearing a choker again, best on those with a long neck, when you have no neck, not a clever thing to do.

Mette marit looked nice, except for the shoes with that colour stockings

the relatives of camilla looked like a bunch of people who have a lot of fun and now that camilla is the second most important woman in england it is bound to increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybags
I watched the wedding on BBC. Viscountess Linley was my favorite. Her headpiece looked gorgeous. Camilla's gown was beautiful as well. I must say it was the prettiest I have ever seen Camilla.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
Wonderful wedding!

Camilla looked wonderful in both her dresses!
They deserve it!!!!May they live happily:) :) :) :)
I second that! I though everything was in good taste. She looked lovely! I hope people will give them a chance to be happy. :)
Old 04-10-2005, 03:28 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Thanks for all of the photos everybody. Thanks for the caps, ~*~Humera~*~. There was a good crowd in Windsor itself. That was a slight surprise according to some people. They kept on comparing it to 1981 but thatīs stupid. And not least of all because of the difference in size between Windsor and London. Anyway, a good crowd. There was a bit of sun in an early part of the day but that didnīt last too long. It is England after all. William and Harry received a strong reaction from the crowd especially those in the crowd, young and female. We saw Zara Phillips after the brothers. Someone suggest somewhere that her dress might have been her motherīs at one point in the past. Perhaps. I donīt know. Maybe it should have stayed there in the past or preferably in the trash bin. Wholly inappropriate and not least of all, those boots did not match with her dress. An error for Zara. Her mother did not do too much better herself. It was suggested that perhaps this outfit of Anneīs might be a favorite of Charles. It may be. Maybe it makes him nostalgic since itīs probably close to 20 years old. But besides that, she looks good for her age. The Parker-Bowles' and Shands are all rather striking in their looks. Camillaīs sister looks very much like her. I liked what Laura wore. Classy yet youngish. Itīs harder for a person of her age than say for a child to look classy yet youngish.(Well, a child will always look young...) Even harder for teenagers and I must say that Eugenie and Beatrice pulled off their look well. The brideīs father looks like heīd be a fun person to talk with. I didnīt like what Tomīs fiancee wore. I never thought Iīd be able to say "She is dressed more inappropriately than Zara Phillips at a British royal event" but itīs true. Amazing. Just amazingly bad. The Countess of Wessex, underrated I would say, looked lovely as always. I liked the polka dot skirt. A light touch as it were.

There were so many famous non-royal guests at the ceremony. Rowan Atkinson, Kenneth Branagh, Sir David Frost, Stephen Fry, Edward Fox,(also a half-brother of Daniel Chatto), Joanna David, Joanna Lumley, Joan Rivers, Susan Hampshire, Richard E. Grant, Trudie Styler, Phil Collins and many more. So many great hats too on display as well. Also a lot of marvelous dresses too. The Queen didnīt smile much during the ceremony or before it. Rather stoic. But after the ceremony, she smiled warmly. That same smile weīve seen from her all of these years. Didnīt see much of Philip. I didnīt see him smile. William and Harry. They looked a little, well, not anxious, but they seemed to be rather jumpy or bouncy. They must have been so happy for their father. Charles looked dapper in his suit. And he looked generally happy although at times, I could tell he was nervous just a tad. The bride. Well, what can I say? She just looked great. The outfits were beautiful. Of course, they were well made. They fit her perfectly in style, fit, and in being right for her age. She gives hope to all mature brides. The green jacket was better than the cream-colored one. I liked the bottom of the cream-colored skirt though. But the outfit for the ceremony was quite regal and lovely. I liked the smiles that the bride and groom gave each other during the ceremony. The way Charles helped out his bride at various parts in the ceremony was touching. They are comfortable with each other and that is excellent. Just what you expect to see in newlyweds but alas, the course of true love never did run smooth.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
yes serena linley and the daughters of andrew,
the relatives of camilla looked like a bunch of people who have a lot of fun and now that camilla is the second most important woman in england it is bound to increase.
Yes, indeed, a lot of fun. I forgot about her wonderful, fuschia headpiece. Very nice. Lots of wonderful and "unique" hats and headpieces at the ceremony.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybags
I watched the wedding on BBC. Viscountess Linley was my favorite. Her headpiece looked gorgeous. .
Here is a photo of the Viscount and Viscountess.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52608434.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	123447  
Old 04-10-2005, 03:50 AM
Aristocracy

I thought Camilla looked stunning - especially in the second outfit. I liked her headpiece, kind of a tiara without being a tiara!

Charles and Camilla were lovely together and the relief and happiness showed on their faces at the end.

I don't have any problem with The Queen "bolting" off -- didn't she go to watch The Grand National... which had already been held up for her??

This was more of a "family wedding" than a "royal wedding" so I don't have a problem with her disappearing after the official picture was taken, she did host the reception a short time later, it's not as if she never saw them again.

Camilla did speak to The Queen and Prince Phillip, she even laughed with them. When they were all waiting to have the photo taken and were unsure where to stand, Camilla's headpiece was being worried by the wind and The Queen and Prince Phillip where laughing with her about it... I think they were all "uncomfortable" only because they weren't sure where to stand for the photo.

Anyhoo, I thought it was a really lovely family wedding and I wish them both ever happiness.

If Camilla's husband can forgive her and turn up to her wedding, if Prince Charle's son's can witness and attend his wedding with such obvious pleasure I really think all the naysayers can give it a rest now.

It's a new day, a new start. Leave Princess Diana at rest and start a new page. :)
Old 04-10-2005, 04:23 AM
Aristocracy

Afterthought:

The Queen would have horses in The Grand National wouldn't she.... and the wedding was supposed to be on Friday... so no one can blame her for rushing off to see the race which had already been postponed for her... so her actions were not a snub at all.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:37 AM
Nobility

who can tell me which pictures show James and Julia Ogilvy, and Princess Alexandra? thanks.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
I understand the second dress was designed by Valentino.
Do you know who signed the civil wedding one?
Robinson Valentine I believe, and her hats were by Phillip Treacy
Old 04-10-2005, 05:28 AM
Aristocracy

Why didn't Charles marry Camilla all those 34yrs ago instead of Diana, Diana would of met someone else and been happy and so would Charles cause he would of been with Camilla and had children with her, i dunno understand this, he should of married her instead of Andrew marrying Camilla and those 2 having an affair... I don't understand this...
Old 04-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny
Camilla did speak to The Queen and Prince Phillip, she even laughed with them. When they were all waiting to have the photo taken and were unsure where to stand, Camilla's headpiece was being worried by the wind and The Queen and Prince Phillip where laughing with her about it... I think they were all "uncomfortable" only because they weren't sure where to stand for the photo.
Oh, thank you. :)
Everybody say that never The Queen and Prince Philip spoke nor smiled (or even looked) at Camilla.
I'm not sure if the Queen talked to Camilla, but I think she said at least a word or two to her daughter-in-law. But she did smile at her, she smiled broadly at her at least once, probably twice in total.
About Prince Philip, I must say I was surprised by his warmth! Outside the church he was looking and smiling at Camilla for a while and they exchanged some words, while Camilla was holding her "hat". And perhaps they talked also another time.
I am quite sure. I saw it live and another two or three times in news broadcasts.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny
Afterthought:

The Queen would have horses in The Grand National wouldn't she.... and the wedding was supposed to be on Friday... so no one can blame her for rushing off to see the race which had already been postponed for her... so her actions were not a snub at all.
She didn't have any horse in the Grand National. And dont think it was postponed for her. It was postponed for millions of British and for the BBC: no one broadcasts two important events at the same time. Usually they choose one, but this time they couldn't.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Colourpress photos of the civil wedding:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	COLOUR10144755.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	123482   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10144756.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	123483   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10144759.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	123484  
Old 04-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Still from Colourpress:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	COLOUR10144808.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	123485   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10144809.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	123486   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10145521.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	123487   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10145522.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	123488  

Name:	COLOUR10145523.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	123489  
Old 04-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

Wedding Portraits from Polfoto
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AP926352_guest.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	123491   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	123492   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	123493  
Old 04-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisaR
She didn't have any horse in the Grand National. And dont think it was postponed for her. It was postponed for millions of British and for the BBC: no one broadcasts two important events at the same time. Usually they choose one, but this time they couldn't.
Oh that's interesting because I was going on what the BBC commentators said at the time!!

Oh well, it was postponed anyway... and she got to see it!!
Old 04-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Serene Highness

More family pictures
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	123494   Click image for larger version

Name:	aa.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	43.5 KB