The Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker-Bowles: 9 April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
who can tell me which pictures show James and Julia Ogilvy, and Princess Alexandra? thanks.

Elsa M. said:
I understand the second dress was designed by Valentino.
Do you know who signed the civil wedding one?
Robinson Valentine I believe, and her hats were by Phillip Treacy

Why didn't Charles marry Camilla all those 34yrs ago instead of Diana, Diana would of met someone else and been happy and so would Charles cause he would of been with Camilla and had children with her, i dunno understand this, he should of married her instead of Andrew marrying Camilla and those 2 having an affair... I don't understand this...

trinny said:
Camilla did speak to The Queen and Prince Phillip, she even laughed with them. When they were all waiting to have the photo taken and were unsure where to stand, Camilla's headpiece was being worried by the wind and The Queen and Prince Phillip where laughing with her about it... I think they were all "uncomfortable" only because they weren't sure where to stand for the photo.

Oh, thank you. :)
Everybody say that never The Queen and Prince Philip spoke nor smiled (or even looked) at Camilla.
I'm not sure if the Queen talked to Camilla, but I think she said at least a word or two to her daughter-in-law. But she did smile at her, she smiled broadly at her at least once, probably twice in total.
About Prince Philip, I must say I was surprised by his warmth! Outside the church he was looking and smiling at Camilla for a while and they exchanged some words, while Camilla was holding her "hat". And perhaps they talked also another time.
I am quite sure. I saw it live and another two or three times in news broadcasts.

Last edited:
trinny said:
Afterthought:

The Queen would have horses in The Grand National wouldn't she.... and the wedding was supposed to be on Friday... so no one can blame her for rushing off to see the race which had already been postponed for her... so her actions were not a snub at all.

She didn't have any horse in the Grand National. And dont think it was postponed for her. It was postponed for millions of British and for the BBC: no one broadcasts two important events at the same time. Usually they choose one, but this time they couldn't.

Colourpress photos of the civil wedding:

Attachments

• COLOUR10144755.jpg
    COLOUR10144755.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 263
  • COLOUR10144756.jpg
    COLOUR10144756.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 320
  • COLOUR10144759.jpg
    COLOUR10144759.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 263
Still from Colourpress:

Attachments

• COLOUR10144808.jpg
    COLOUR10144808.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 372
  • COLOUR10144809.jpg
    COLOUR10144809.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 344
  • COLOUR10145521.jpg
    COLOUR10145521.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 347
  • COLOUR10145522.jpg
    COLOUR10145522.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 426
  • COLOUR10145523.jpg
    COLOUR10145523.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 352
Wedding Portraits from Polfoto

Attachments

• AP926352_guest.jpg
    AP926352_guest.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 439
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 585
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 593
ElisaR said:
She didn't have any horse in the Grand National. And dont think it was postponed for her. It was postponed for millions of British and for the BBC: no one broadcasts two important events at the same time. Usually they choose one, but this time they couldn't.

Oh that's interesting because I was going on what the BBC commentators said at the time!!

Oh well, it was postponed anyway... and she got to see it!! :D

More family pictures

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 325
  • aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 373
  • r785154510.jpg
    r785154510.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 274
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 399
  • ae.jpg
    ae.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 273
  • ab.jpg
    ab.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 281
  • ac.jpg
    ac.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 324
the bbc said that camilla's father is a war hero, have a great fondness for them, (that is for ww II) and find that very interesting information. Unfortunately do not know the excact details about him, his actions that gave him that title and would love to know

misshelen said:

More nice pictures ad random

Attachments

• m.jpg
    m.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 352
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 372
  • k.jpg
    k.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 400
  • l.jpg
    l.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 329
  • laurabowles.JPG
    laurabowles.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 331
  • 17067637.jpg
    17067637.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 683
  • z.jpg
    z.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 313
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 241
The Young Lady With The Short Dress Is Hrh Furture Daughter-in-law. Now This Was A Wedding Of Love!! I Never Saw Charles So Happy!!!!!!!!

misshelen said:

Thank you misshelen for all the pictures and the official portraits. :) I can't decide how I feel about the official portraits yet. On the one hand they are lovely as they are very opulent in the setting and in the one with both parents of the bridegroom, everyone is smiling and looking very happy.

But in the one of Charles and Camilla I can't make up my mind if I like the fact that Camilla's dress and her flowers pick up on the ornage gold in the room or if I think she blends into the room a bit.

Of course it might just be the colouring of the pictures, too.

I just saw the screencaps ~*~Humera~*~ posted. Thanks so much for all of them! :) Great job as always!

I watched the CBC Newsworld coverage too and it was good. Allison Smith did a good job!
A few additional pictures of guests. You can see the Duchess of Kent in one of them and Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, as well as Prime Minister Tony Blair with his wife Cherie and Camilla's ex-husband, Andrew Parker Bowles with his wife Rosemary.

Attachments

• guests.jpg
    guests.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 444
  • anne-tim.jpg
    anne-tim.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 686
  • peter.jpg
    peter.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 327
  • parker bowles kids.jpg
    parker bowles kids.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 496
  • linely.jpg
    linely.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 450
  • blairs.jpg
    blairs.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 346
  • kent.jpg
    kent.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 828
  • linley-chatto.jpg
    linley-chatto.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 595
  • andrew-reosemary.jpg
    andrew-reosemary.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 556
  • annabelle.jpg
    annabelle.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 396
No photo oficcial with ALL royal family???

Thanks all everybody,we all have a great beautiful view of wedding of Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla of Cornwall.

52610711.jpg

The Princesses Alexandra and Michael of Kent arriving.

I must say that I felt deep disgust after watching the ceremony in St. George's yesterday on a number of levels. Initially I didn't object to the notion of a church blessing as I had the impression that it would be a small and simple affair. What I saw made me feel little more than sick. This was a second church wedding in all but name. I lost count of the number of clergy taking part and they even made vows again. When the Archbishop asked if they understood that Christian marraige was based on "faithfulness" and they said they did I felt mortified on their behalf. Her ex-husband , the man she was married to whilst simultaneuosly having sex with Charles, (another married man) was sitting only yards away. I want to point out that when they emerged from the Guildhall I felt very nonchalant about the whole thing but it should have ended there. I feel that the Anglican Church made a mockery of marraige yesterday in order to please two individuals and I feel sorry for those who look to it for moral guidance because they must feel very let down. I have nothing against Charles and Camilla personally but she willingly and perpetually slept with Charles knowing that he was married and knowing their actions were driving his wife to despair. Yesterday was a farce.

Last edited:
gaggleofcrazypeople said:
I know this is a bit random but, doesn't Princess Anne's hair look like it is really dyed?
Every one's hair is dyed--you mean couldn't it be more natural, and the answer is yes.

james said:
I must say that I felt deep disgust after watching the ceremony in St. George's yesterday on a number of levels. Initially I didn't object to the notion of a church blessing as I had the impression that it would be a small and simple affair. What I saw made me feel little more than sick. This was a second church wedding in all but name. I lost count of the number of clergy taking part and they even made vows again. When the Archbishop asked if they understood that Christian marraige was based on "faithfulness" and they said they did I felt mortified on their behalf. Her ex-husband , the man she was married to whilst simultaneuosly having sex with Charles, (another married man) was sitting only yards away. I want to point out that when they emerged from the Guildhall I felt very nonchalant about the whole thing but it should have ended there. I feel that the Anglican Church made a mockery of marraige yesterday in order to please two individuals and I feel sorry for those who look to it for moral guidance because they must feel very let down. I have nothing against Charles and Camilla personally but she willingly and perpetually slept with Charles knowing that he was married and knowing their actions were driving his wife to despair. Yesterday was a farce.
I don't disagree, but Mr. Parker Bowles was also cheating.

Bubbette said:
I don't disagree, but Mr. Parker Bowles was also cheating.

i agree!

her ex-husband always did cheat on Camilla when she see Charles lots since Charles marry to Diana in 1981 but her ex-husband plans divorces to Camilla they Andrew-parker Bowles already knew it and he wont comment to media and paparazzi when i watch Princess Diana's E! history i cant believe him! when Camilla been affair to Prince Charles and she had sex with Prince Charles they wont tell Diana but Diana already KNEW!

Sara Boyce

Oh yes I know that Andrew Parker-Bowles had many women when they were married, they both seemed to have a very open relationship. It has even been said that he considered it some kind of sick honour that his wife was the Prince of Wales' mistress. I mean if he had cared at all he couldn't have brought himself to be at their wedding in the way that most normal men couldn't if their wife had cheated on them with someone else. But that's the whole point. Charles, Camilla and Andrew were perfectly at ease with the multiple adultery that was going on. It was only Diana who objected to it. That is why I found the religious service so distasteful yesterday, the three perpetrators were standing looking holier than thou whilst Diana is lying dead and the church seemed to be sanctioning the whole thing.

This sort of action is standard practice in the Church of England. It was not just done for Charles and Camilla.

As the church often won't remarry a divorced person it will bless the union but has some requirements in place - such as the confession.

That is what happened.

If you were divorced and wanted to remarry the Church of England would probably do the same thing (some ministers may remarry you in church anyway as it is up to each minister - mine said that he would have married Charles and Camilla and not had them have a civil wedding at all).

This was NOT something special for Charles and Camilla but Church of England practice.

Charles wedding

trinny said:
Camilla did speak to The Queen and Prince Phillip, she even laughed with them. When they were all waiting to have the photo taken and were unsure where to stand, Camilla's headpiece was being worried by the wind and The Queen and Prince Phillip where laughing with her about it... I think they were all "uncomfortable" only because they weren't sure where to stand for the photo.

Hmm...I think the Queen knew exactly where she didn't want to stand on the Chapel steps. ;) I thought Charles kind of glared at her, like, why aren't you coming down next to us?

Overall I expected Charles to look much happier - this is his great love of 30+ years!! He was tugging at his cufflinks as they walked down the aisle after the blessing was over. In the past I have heard the royal commentators on tv say that is one of his trademark signs of being uncomfortable.

Camilla did look exceptionally good, younger than she has looked in a long time. Her long dress could not have been better. The makeup was great, I hope she keeps it up in the future for evening events, anyway.

I would have been more impressed with the blessing ceremony if only the royal couple read the prayer of penitence. For me it didn't have much impact hearing it from the whole congregation.

The US tv coverage was extensive - a nice surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
chrissy57 said:
If you were divorced and wanted to remarry the Church of England would probably do the same thing (some ministers may remarry you in church anyway as it is up to each minister - mine said that he would have married Charles and Camilla and not had them have a civil wedding at all).

This was NOT something special for Charles and Camilla but Church of England practice.
Thank you very much for clarifying it! So, correct me if I'm mistaken, but the criteria to a priest remarrying or not a couple depends on nothing more than his own personal judgement... I find ironic that a descendent from King Henry VIII is not allowed to enjoy the priveleges he took for himself, when breaking with Roman Catholic Church to marry Anne Bolene...

james said:
I mean if he had cared at all he couldn't have brought himself to be at their wedding in the way that most normal men couldn't if their wife had cheated on them with someone else.

Did you ever consider that Andrew Parker-Bowles wasn't there for Charles or Camilla's sake but for the sake of his two children? Grown children or not, it is still important for two divorced parents to be civil and cordial with one another for the sake of their children. In the future, when Tom and Laura each get married, have children, and their children celebrate baptisms and birthdays, it will be much easier for both Tom and Laura and their families that their parents get along and can sit politely in a room together enjoying the children of their children and grandchildren.

james said:
But that's the whole point. Charles, Camilla and Andrew were perfectly at ease with the multiple adultery that was going on. It was only Diana who objected to it. That is why I found the religious service so distasteful yesterday, the three perpetrators were standing looking holier than thou whilst Diana is lying dead and the church seemed to be sanctioning the whole thing.

Yes Diana objected so much to the cheating and multiple adultery she went out and had multiple affairs herself! :mad:

Secondly, it's not as if the three "perpertrators" are the reason why Diana is lying six feet under. Charles, Camilla and Andrew weren't the ones that were chasing her in a car in that Paris tunnel in 1997 figuratively or literally. These three "perperators" also did not tell her not to wear a seat belt nor did they ply her driver with alcohol so that his judgement while driving was impaired.

The fact is all four individuals in both marriages are responsible for their marriages breaking down. Just as all four individuals are responsible for the affairs they had. (And don't tell me that Charles and Camilla started the cheating first -- cheating is cheating, no matter who does it first or how many times you do it.)

Diana is also now deceased. Is Charles supposed to live in Diana's shadow until his own death? I bet that you would think that Charles was looking "holier than now" even if he were crying into his tea everyday.

Charles and Camilla just can't win. Even on the most happiest of their days together, when they clearly were two adults very much in love, people can't have one ounce of happiness for them.

Pictures of the guests

Attachments

• joan.jpg
    joan.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 261
  • Joan1.jpg
    Joan1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 377
  • 336053.jpg
    336053.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 296
  • 336258.jpg
    336258.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 233
  • 336255.jpg
    336255.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 337
  • 336252.jpg
    336252.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 52608360Bahrain King.jpg
    52608360Bahrain King.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 300
  • 52608955Trudi Styler.jpg
    52608955Trudi Styler.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 276
Surprising that Joan Rivers was there. I heard that she was actually friends with Charles and Camilla and that they liked her sense of humour. A curious fact since normally I would think that Charles and Camilla are the kind of people Joan would find it easy to take her cheap shots at.

Back
Top Bottom