The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by montecarlo@May 4th, 2004 - 11:20 pm

I'm a Latin-American living in Virginia. If you don't mind me asking, what part of Maryland is your cousin from? Practically every summer Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. are struck by heat waves, no thanks to global warming.
sure, for the life of me, i can't seem to remember the exact place in Maryland. but,it's not far from where he goes to uni, The University of Maryland ,he's majoring in business.
I know Montecarlo, it's so hot out there...but i heard it's really beautiful in springtime..my cousin sends me pictures all the time lol.
Actually,if nothing goes wrong :P ,i'm planning to go to the states this summer.
my cousins are all graduating, one's in Maryland ,another in New York and the last one's in Seattle. Phewww..major road trip!! :P

Old 05-05-2004, 12:54 AM
Nobility

May 4, 2004 - The Mercury Australia
tten By: Michelle Paine

Tassie's Danish Toast to Mary

All things Danish are being prepared for Tasmanians to toast the wedding of Mary Donaldson to Danish Crown Prince Frederik. The event on May 14th has sparked a weekend of Danish-themed festivities at Hobart's Hotel Grand Chancellor, with a live telecast of the wedding a highlight. Tasmanian ABC Radio announcer Ric Paterson will head to Denmark to provide coverage for Tasmania and Australia and compere a performance by the Derwent Valley Concert Band. SBS will cover the wedding from 11:00pm on Friday, which will be telecast at the Hotel Grand Chancellor. Emeritus consul-general John Cogan has worked with the hotel to produce its program. Mr Cogan, of Hobart, was Danish consul-general for 40 years and received the Order of the Dannebrog from Denmark's King Christian IX, elevated to Knight First Class by the present Queen Margrethe. Mr Cogan remembered being asked about Tasmania by Queen Margrethe at a world consul conference. "Neither I nor Her Majesty in our wildest dreams dreamt of such a close connection coming in the future," Mr Cogan said. He said the Royal Hobart Golf Club had been approached by Denmark's Niva Golf Club to set up a friendship.

A documentary on the royal couple, commissioned by the Danish palace, and other footage of Denmark will be shown before the telecast. "The atrium and other areas will be decorated with Danish colours, and there will be displays by Danish artists and artisans in the foyer," Mr Cogan said. Mr Paterson said the assignment was the most exciting in his 40-year career. He travels with the band on Friday. "It's terribly exciting," he said. "As well as Tasmania I'll be doing other stories to other stations around Australia, plus Tony Delroy will be doing his program [NightLife] from Hobart. "On the night of the wedding I'll be doing feeds in from the streets of Denmark. "And I have something in common with Mary Donaldson, we're both past students of Taroona High." A celebratory supper will be held on the day of the wedding at the Grand Chancellor and high teas with Danish goodies will be held from 3:00-6:00pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Sunday will feature a traditional Danish buffet from midday. SBS has live coverage from 11:00pm on May 14th until 2:00am, featuring the ceremony. On Saturday it continues from 7:00am-9:00am with speeches, bridal waltz and fireworks. Highlights will be shown on Saturday from 7:30pm-9:30pm.

Old 05-05-2004, 02:16 AM
Commoner

I guessed they decided to air it on Univision....
Old 05-05-2004, 07:44 AM
Nobility

May 5, 2004 - Denmark News

Royal Wedding to Draw 2000 Press Members

2000 journalists are expected at next week's Royal Wedding--more than twice the number at the 1995 wedding of Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra. The wedding of an heir to the throne is an event that resonates far beyond the borders of Denmark. 600 members of the foreign press are expected to arrive in Copenhagen in the days leading up to the wedding of Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson. An addition 1400 Danish journalists, photographers, and tech crews are also slated to cover the wedding. In all, the number of media professionals in the Danish capital for the "wedding of the century" is expected to top 2000--more than twice as many as covered the wedding of Prince Joachim and Alexandra Manley in 1995. Information chief Andreas Bruun of the International Press Center in Copenhagen says foreign members of the press from Sweden, Norway, Germany, Spain, and Australia will be especially well represented.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:17 AM
Courtier

WOW! Taroona High has a lot of connections with Denmark then!!!

A consul-general for 40 years and a Knight of the Dannebrog, and now the future queen of Denmark!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Nobility

May 5, 2004 - TV 2

Royal Wedding Boosts TV Sales

The royal wedding looks as if it will be a popular show. 77 percent of the Danish public will watch the festivities on TV, according to a poll made by the research intitute MEGAFON for TV 2 | NEWS. Police expect hundreds of thousands of people to arrive in Copenhagen on May 14th, but it appears that many prefer to enjoy the event from the comfort of their living room. The Danish railway DSB had made arrangements for a special train to transport eager onlookers to the Danish capital, and coach companies had package deals on offer in honour of the royal occasion. But a lack of bookings has forced them to cancel....
Old 05-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Nobility

May 6, 2004 - The Australian

Royals Dine on Aussie Finest

At least the governor-general won't have to try to wrap it when he officially presents Australia's wedding gift to Denmark's royal couple in Copenhagen on Saturday night. Major General Michael Jeffery will make the presentation when he and his wife Marlena host the Danish royal family to a dinner of the finest Australian produce to honour the May 14th marriage of former Hobart lawyer Mary Donaldson to Crown Prince Frederik.

As well as presenting a feast of Australian food and wine at the Fredensborg Storekro, a royal hotel and restaurant to the north of Copenhagen, Jeffery will, somehow, hand over a stand of nine Tasmanian trees to the engaged couple. The Jefferys and Tasmanian governor Richard Butler will be joined for dinner by Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik and their second son Prince Joachim and his wife Princess Alexandra. Donaldson's family will also be among the 52 guests for the five course meal prepared by leading Australian chef Luke Mangan.

All ingredients will be flown in from Australia on Thursday as Mangan defied Queen Margrethe's request for silver service food on a platter in favour of his specialty five course degustation menu. Guests will start with coconut broth with prawns from Crystal Bay in NSW, followed by sashimi kingfish from South Australia and roasted barramundi from the Northern Territory. Tender Australian lamb will round off the main course, with the meal to be completed with Mangan's signature desert from his Salt restaurant in Sydney, licorice parfait. Five Australian wines have been chosen to accompany the dishes.

"They could have asked lots of chefs, there are lots of good chefs in Australia, I am lucky to be asked, it's a great honour," said Mangan, who has brought in two of his chefs from Sydney. "I reckon all this is going to get more wine exported, more food brought over here, it's great for Australian produce over here. We are bringing a lot of wines in that aren't showcased here at the moment and food that isn't showcased here, so it'll be excellent exposure." Mangan will also cook a buffet for 100 of Frederik and Donaldson's friends at the Copenhagen Town Hall on Wednesday night, which will include a kangaroo dish following a special request from the prince and his father.

For five nights next week, Mangan is presenting A Taste of Australia week at the Restaurationen restaurant in central Copenhagen where the public can dine on the same menu served at Fredensborg on Saturday. Australian food and wine are just a small part of the 10-day wedding celebrations in Copenhagen which started with the launch of an Australian film festival yesterday. A rock concert headlined by the royal couple's favourite band, Australian outfit Powderfinger, on Friday night sets off the weekend which also features a yacht race on Copenhagen Harbour on Sunday between the prince and 1983 America's Cup winning skipper John Bertrand.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Nobility

May 6, 2004 - The Australian

Unusual Gifts For Mary, Prince

Finding the right gift for any wedding can be hard. When it's the future king of Denmark and his Australian-born queen, then it's likely those gifts won't be found in a department store or catalogue. Which probably explains why Crown Frederik and his Australian fiancee, Mary Donaldson, have received everything from hand-stitched national garments from Greenland to trees from her native island of Tasmania. Oh, and don't forget the personal ballad written by a Danish crooner or the two sets of dinnerware!

The May 14th wedding of Crown Prince Frederik and his Australian wife-to-be Donaldson is one of the most anticipated royal events in Danish history. Some 800 guests, including royals from throughout Europe and Asia, along with political leaders have been invited to the event. Today, Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen presented Frederik, 35, and Donaldson, 32, with the government's gift, a 4x6 metre handcrafted Iranian rug. The presentation came hours after the Australian government in Canberra unveiled its gift: a stand of trees from Tasmania. After a military parade ahead of the marriage in Copenhagen, Denmark's defence forces gave four sculptural chairs created by Danish designer Poul M. Volther in 1962. Each Corona chair is worth as much as 30,000 kroner ($6650).

While the gift basket is being filled by presents donated by local communities, companies or private persons, the two families' presents won't be unveiled until they're unwrapped, after the wedding. Since Monday, dozens of presents - including a sofa, 93 ceramic badges made by a Copenhagen kindergarten, paintings, a photo frame and sweets - have been delivered to the downtown Christiansborg Palace where they'll be displayed after the wedding. The couple will get two dinnerware sets - an exclusive Flora Danica service, the other a modern 24-piece set with motifs from fairy tales by Hans Christian Andersen, created by Lin Utzon, the daughter of Joern Utzon, the Dane who designed the Sydney Opera House.

The Flora Danica set, made since the 1760s, is part of a twin present to be given next week by a private fund-raising called the People's Gift. The second gift is a ballad, When You Hold Me, composed and performed in English by Danish soul crooner Erann DD. The two gifts were chosen from more than 800 suggestions made through the fund's website. Rejected ideas included a red Ferrari, two bicycles, a kangaroo and two elephants. Another group raised 1.7 million kroner ($376,710) to finance a copy of a small 900-year-old gold-covered copper shrine. The original was unearthed in 1872 in southern Denmark. A carpenter completed a 120-centimetre long wedding chest made of oak culled from Denmark and Tasmania. From Greenland, a semiautonomous Danish territory, the couple got 68.5 grams of gold from the island's first gold mine, which is being crafted into wedding rings. Nuuk, the Greenland capital, gave the couple traditional Greenland garments, handmade by 15 Inuit seamstresses.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Serene Highness

I don't know if this has already been posted- it's a sand sculpture of Fredrik and Mary

The Couple in Sand
Old 05-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Nobility

May 6, 2004 - Amalienborg Palace

Acceptance of Gifts for the Royal Wedding

The Lord Chamberlain’s Office announces the following regarding the acceptance of gifts for His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik and Miss Mary E. Donaldson on the occasion of their wedding on 14 May 2004:

Presents may be delivered at Christiansborg Palace at the entrance on:

Prins Jørgens Gård 1
Christiansborg Palace
1218 Copenhagen K
(this is the entrance next to Christiansborg Palace Chapel)
From 3 to 14 May on all weekdays between 10.00 - 15.00.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Courtier

A spokesman from the British embassy has just tolde that HRH. vont be atending the royal wedding her in Denmark the 14. of May.

Her is the link:

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=273950/

I think that it is embarrasing that the HRH. wont be atending the wedding and i am sure that the reason for his delay is that he canīt have Camilla with his side to the wedding.
Is he a royal or is he not a royal my question is?

Old 05-06-2004, 12:50 PM
Commoner

anybody know how is invited from moroco , jordan and golf royals??????????????? :flower: :flower:
Old 05-06-2004, 01:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe@May 6th, 2004 - 11:26 am
A spokesman from the British embassy has just tolde that HRH. vont be atending the royal wedding her in Denmark the 14. of May.

Her is the link:

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=273950/

I think that it is embarrasing that the HRH. wont be atending the wedding and i am sure that the reason for his delay is that he canīt have Camilla with his side to the wedding.
Edward and Sophie are going--what's wrong with that?
Old 05-06-2004, 01:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Quote:

Her is the link:

B.T. online avis nyheder, politik, sport, underholdning

Edward and Sophie are going--what's wrong with that?
Ther is nothing rong with Edward and Sophie nothing what so ever,BUT he is a CrownPrince and her in Denmark we have a CrownPrince who are getting marryied.
It is not the first wedding that CP Charles did not atend and it wont be the last.
I just have a fealing that the reason that he wont be going to the wedding is that he canīt have Camilla by his side and i think that is a rong reason to pas that kinde of wedding.

Old 05-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Courtier

Prince Charles may have a prior commitment. We should check the royal website and see if they have his schedule. There's absolutely nothing wrong w/ Edward and Sophie going, it's just some people see it as a snub to Frederik and Mary as Charles is in the Crown Prince position in Great Britian and he isn't going to his contemporary's wedding.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Fireweaver@May 6th, 2004 - 12:46 pm
Prince Charles may have a prior commitment. We should check the royal website and see if they have his schedule. There's absolutely nothing wrong w/ Edward and Sophie going, it's just some people see it as a snub to Frederik and Mary as Charles is in the Crown Prince position in Great Britian and he isn't going to his contemporary's wedding.
According to his website he has something on May 7th & then on the 19th.
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 05-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Courtier

Thanks Angel S.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Fireweaver@May 6th, 2004 - 1:11 pm
Thanks Angel S.
Yes but the wedding is on the 14. of May so i realy donīt understand the reason the spoaksperson from his court came with

Old 05-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Anybody know how is invited from morocco, jordan and golf royals???????????????
Sorry sweetie, I don't know. But I do know that the entire Norwegian royal family, including the Swedish, are planning to attend. Crown Prince Narahito of Japan confirmed that he too will attend.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Spokesman from the British embassy has just tolde that HRH. Wont be attending the royal wedding her in Denmark the 14. of May.
The Danish royal couple shouldn't feel too bad. The Prince of Wales also failed to attend the Norwegian royal wedding. The Count and Countess of Wessex also represented him when Crown Prince Haakon and Miss Mette Marit Tjessem Hoiby said their "I do's." The only wedding that I do recall him (the Prince of Wales) attending was the Dutch royal wedding between Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Miss Maxima Zorreguieta.