The Crown Prince Wedding in Denmark News

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice--how long did they actually live in the same city before they got married? And am I confused--I thought she did PR work?

thanks for the translated articles, and the other articles. It's so cool being able to read this :)

Wedding guests from the Royal House of Sweden:

Wednesday 12/5

> H.R.H. the Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip, H.R.H. Princess Madeleine
Attendance at a party arranged in connection with the Crown Prince of Denmark’s wedding

Then home on Thursday to celebrate Prince Carl Philip’s 25th birthday – and then back on Friday:

Friday 14/5

> Their Majesties The King and Queen, H.R.H. the Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip & H.R.H. Princess Madeleine
Attendance at H.R.H. Crown Prince Fredrik of Denmark and Miss Mary Elizabet Donaldson’s wedding
Copenhagen, Denmark

Does anyone know if the wedding will be shown on US/Canada tv? Or even British TV?

The Loving Mother Who Won't Be There

"....Mary reveals that one of the hymns at the wedding will be "Eternal Father". It was one of her mother's favourites and was therefore used at her funeral. Mary suggested this hymn for her own wedding, as it would mean a lot to all her family - and much to her surprise she was told that it is in fact also one of Queen Margrethe's favourite hymns. So no objection from mum-in-law."

Source: Stig From The Scandinavian Royals Message Board

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if the wedding will be shown on US / Canada tv? Or even British TV?

The North American news station, CNN, may air clips of the Danish royal wedding, just like they did with the Dutch royal wedding. Five years ago, CNN, showed live footages of the wedding between Prince Edward of Great Britain and Miss Sophie Rhys-Jones.

Nice--how long did they actually live in the same city before they got married? And am I confused--I thought she did PR work?

"....Before wrapping up her studies at the University of Tasmania, from which she graduated in 1994 with a Bachelors degree in Commerce and Law. The fresh-faced young graduate dived into professional life, moving to Melbourne, where she accepted a position at an international advertising agency. Her career would eventually lead her into the world of public relations, and culminate in her last pre-royal post as a project consultant for Microsoft Business Solutions in Denmark."

Source: Hello Magazine

Originally posted by montecarlo@May 9th, 2004 - 5:45 pm
Does anyone know if the wedding will be shown on US / Canada tv? Or even British TV?
IF your local PBS station has the DW newscast from Germany then they are likely to show some clips as well. Or try Le Journal which appears on many PBS stations as well.

If your local PBS station has the DW newscast from Germany then they are likely to show some clips as well. Or try Le Journal which appears on many PBS stations as well.

PBS only airs BBC World News. MHz network airs news from across the globe. I highly recommend that you watch BBC World News, German Journal, and Le Journal for clips of the Danish royal wedding.

Link To MHz Network Schedule:
http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/i...pic=3116&st=200

Right. I have what are called "public stations" but they are separate from PBS itself. . They show a lot of the news programs every day. People might want to check them out to see if they are in their areas. Also look for a show on the weekend from DW TV called "Euromaxx", they might have clips on it as well. Here it is on Sundays.

If you want to see the Danish royal wedding, trying visiting the Danish embassy in your country. It has been confirmed that some Danish embassies across the globe will celebrate the royal wedding on May 14th.

Address To All The Danish Embassies Around The World:
http://www.denmark.dk/servlet/page?_pageid...p_show_id=40305

Source: Anna From Royal Blue Forum

Thanks everyone for answering my question. Hopefully, I'll be able to watch some of the wedding or at least clips of it.

Interview With Frederik's Cousins

....The grandchildren of Queen Ingrid are not only relatives, they are close friends. They loved the summer holidays at Graasten. Alexandra told that naturally the children sometime teased each other and she thinks that Frederik was more teased than the other ones because it was difficult for him when he lost a game. Pavlos and Frederik are still very close though they don't see each other very often, Frederik is "good at making himself invisible for a long time" - but that doesn't matter. When they meet it is as if they had been together yesterday.

Cousin Gustav: "Frederik has become very strong in the last 2 years - he knows what he wants now, that's why he was ready to find a wife." Some years ago Gustav heard that Frederik had met a girl but he didn't ask Frederik about it - he preferred to wait until Frederik would tell about her. Gustav met Mary at Amalienborg. Frederik had invited him for a dinner. He arrived, Frederik wasn't there but a nice girl was! 'Hi, I'm Mary' she said - 'I'm Gustav, Frederiks cousin' he answered. The two of them had a nice chat for half an hour until Frederik arrived (he was late because of some sport match). Gustav thought that Mary was a very sweet girl.

Cousin Alexandra: "Mary is open-hearted and funny. I have spent quite some time with her. It's like Mary has been in our family for ever."

Cousin Gustav: "It's easy to observe that they are very much in love. They do respect each other - Mary understand Frederik's special role in life."

Marie-Chantal talked about her own wedding day. Her mother and sisters were very nervous but she was calm herself. She concentrated about observing as many things as possible - she wanted to remember her big day and thinks that Mary should use her "inner camera" - very soon the day is over. At a greek wedding the couple stood up for 45 minutes - Queen Elizabeth was impressed, she told Marie-Chantal, "you didn't sway at all." The cousins think that Frederik had a special place in Queen Ingrid's heart. Ingrid and Alexandra often talked about Frederik and about his choice of wife. Ingrid used to say that she was sure he would find the right girl. Cousin Gustav: "if Ingrid had met Mary she would accept her and support her 200%."

Source: Henrik From The Scandinavian Royals Message Board

May 10, 2004 - TV 2

The Royal Wedding: Oh, What A Circus!

The Danish Circus Benneweis has delivered a wedding gift to the HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Ms. Mary Donaldson: A gift voucher to an entire show, not just front row seats but an entire show all to themselves. The gift will allow the royal couple to invite friends and family to a private show. But in the spirit of goodwill, Mary and Frederik may also choose to donate the show to a humanitarian cause.

Circus manager Diana Benneweis says the idea was a natural choice: "It's the best I have to offer. The show is my heart and soul," she says. Circus Benneweis also plans to celebrate the royal wedding on May 14th by cancelling all shows, decorating the ring and inviting all circus employees to a party. The idea is to watch the wedding, party hearty and eat till we drop, Diana Benneweis says.

Is it certain that the Danish embassies will transmit the wedding? Does anyone know of the embassy in D.C.?

There is no possible way to find the website of the Danish embassy in Washington Dc on the internet, or via telephone.

I have looked on the website and there is no information regarding whether or not they will show the wedding at the embassy. I was hoping someone had already called them to see if they would be doing it.

Royal Danish Embassy in Washington D.C.

There is no possible way to find the website of the Danish embassy in Washington Dc on the internet, or via telephone.

Is it certain that the Danish embassies will transmit the wedding? Does anyone know of the embassy in D.C.?

Some Danish embassies are planning to celebrate. I posted a link to the address and phone numbers of all the Danish embassies in the world. My message was posted on May 9th, 2004 - 7:59 pm.

Hi is there any pre wedding gala function? And is LTR covering such functions?

Originally posted by Duke@May 11th, 2004 - 8:58 am
Yes, who is our roving royal reporter on the spot with the exclusive? :p

Originally posted by Duke@May 11th, 2004 - 8:58 am
To answer your question, there have already been several pre-wedding festivities, including a gala dinner hosted by the Australian ambassador, some gifts being exchanged, and a boat race between Frederik and Mary as captains. (Mary won.) The link is below, with lots of articles and pictures.

Pre-Wedding Festivities for Danish Wedding

May 11, 2004 - The Copenhagen Post

No Royal Table Scraps

The court has turned down a request from Friends of the Homeless to donate Royal Wedding dinner leftovers to Copenhagen's homeless. Copenhagen's homeless have literally gone begging for scraps from the rich man's table. Capital city advocacy group Friends of the Homeless recently wrote to the Royal Court, requesting that any leftovers from the Royal Wedding dinner be distributed to the capital city's homeless population.

"We saw the last state gala dinner on television, and watched as waiter after waiter was bustling in and out of the room with food…It occurred to me that there must have been leftovers," said Michael Rasmussen, spokesman for Friends of the Homeless, which has previously led efforts to distribute sleeping bags and hot goulash to city transients.

The answer from the court: a curt "no." According to Royal Court press and information director Lis M. Frederiksen, there will be no leftovers from Frederik and Mary's dinner. "The wedding dinner has been organized according to portions. And in the interests of economy, all dishes have been planned to fit the number of guests in attendance," said Frederiksen. Michael Rasmussen told Ritzau news bureau that he was disappointed by the court's answer, but said he didn't believed that there would be no leftovers. "But the dinner is going to be broadcast life on television, so everyone can see if any uneaten food is carried out," said Rasmussen.

Thanks Alexandria! I think the whole denmark must be in a holiday mood now!!!

Originally posted by Duke@May 11th, 2004 - 9:22 am
Thanks Alexandria! I think the whole denmark must be in a holiday mood now!!!
You're very welcome Duke!

I think it would be hard not to be in a festive mood if you were in Denmark right now! Lots of exciting events in the run up to the wedding. But an exciting beginning of May in Denmark anyway, with Princess Benedikte's 60th birthday celebrations and all, too.

More Confirmed Royal Guests At Danish Royal Wedding:

King Albert, Queen Paola, Crown Prince Philippe, Crown Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid, Archduke Lorenz, Prince Laurent, and Princess Claire of Belgium. Also, Grand Duke Henri, Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa, and Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg. Finally, Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia, Crown Prince Aleksandar and Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia and Yugoslavia, and Duarte Pio and Isabel of Portugal.

Source: Trond From The Scandinavian Royals Message Board

Does anyone know if this will be televised in America? Or anywhere?

May 11, 2004 - TV 2

Police: Wedding Beatings To Troublemakers

Troublemakers risk getting a beating by spectators if they attempt to bother the royal couple on their trip through Inner Copenhagen in a state coach on Friday, the police state to the daily newspaper Jyllands-Posten. "It's a day of happiness, and I think that the crowd will be furious if someone attempts to disturb the event by happenings or disturbance. They risk physically being thrown away by the spectators. Our job will be to reach the extremists before they're detected by the crowd," says chief police inspector Kai Vittrup of Copenhagen police.

He maintains to the daily that the police's level of tolerance toward persons who intent to bother the royals or who attempt to conduct happenings will be quite little. Prior to the wedding, a demonstration of left wing youngsters has been called for and it will take place at the same time as the royal couple leaves the church. At the same time, rumours say that anarchists and unhappy inhabitants of the large alternative community, Christiania, might attempt to disturb the peace on the day of the wedding.

Confirmed wedding guests from Sweden: HM King Carl XVI Gustaf, HM Queen Silvia, HRH Crown Princess Victoria, HRH Princess Madeleine and HRH Prince Carl Philip. :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom