The Crown Prince Wedding in Denmark News

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A spokesman from the British embassy has just tolde that HRH. vont be atending the royal wedding her in Denmark the 14. of May.

Her is the link:

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=273950/

I think that it is embarrasing that the HRH. wont be atending the wedding and i am sure that the reason for his delay is that he can´t have Camilla with his side to the wedding.
Is he a royal or is he not a royal my question is? :angry: :angry: :angry:

anybody know how is invited from moroco , jordan and golf royals??????????????? :flower: :flower:

Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe@May 6th, 2004 - 11:26 am
A spokesman from the British embassy has just tolde that HRH. vont be atending the royal wedding her in Denmark the 14. of May.

Her is the link:

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=273950/

I think that it is embarrasing that the HRH. wont be atending the wedding and i am sure that the reason for his delay is that he can´t have Camilla with his side to the wedding.
Is he a royal or is he not a royal my question is? :angry: :angry: :angry:
Edward and Sophie are going--what's wrong with that?

Her is the link:

B.T. online avis nyheder, politik, sport, underholdning

Is he a royal or is he not a royal my question is?  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
Edward and Sophie are going--what's wrong with that?
Ther is nothing rong with Edward and Sophie nothing what so ever,BUT he is a CrownPrince and her in Denmark we have a CrownPrince who are getting marryied.
It is not the first wedding that CP Charles did not atend and it wont be the last.
I just have a fealing that the reason that he wont be going to the wedding is that he can´t have Camilla by his side and i think that is a rong reason to pas that kinde of wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Charles may have a prior commitment. We should check the royal website and see if they have his schedule. There's absolutely nothing wrong w/ Edward and Sophie going, it's just some people see it as a snub to Frederik and Mary as Charles is in the Crown Prince position in Great Britian and he isn't going to his contemporary's wedding.

Originally posted by Fireweaver@May 6th, 2004 - 12:46 pm
Prince Charles may have a prior commitment. We should check the royal website and see if they have his schedule. There's absolutely nothing wrong w/ Edward and Sophie going, it's just some people see it as a snub to Frederik and Mary as Charles is in the Crown Prince position in Great Britian and he isn't going to his contemporary's wedding.
According to his website he has something on May 7th & then on the 19th.

Originally posted by Fireweaver@May 6th, 2004 - 1:11 pm
Thanks Angel S.
Yes but the wedding is on the 14. of May so i realy don´t understand the reason the spoaksperson from his court came with :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Anybody know how is invited from morocco, jordan and golf royals???????????????

Sorry sweetie, I don't know. But I do know that the entire Norwegian royal family, including the Swedish, are planning to attend. Crown Prince Narahito of Japan confirmed that he too will attend.

Spokesman from the British embassy has just tolde that HRH. Wont be attending the royal wedding her in Denmark the 14. of May.

The Danish royal couple shouldn't feel too bad. The Prince of Wales also failed to attend the Norwegian royal wedding. The Count and Countess of Wessex also represented him when Crown Prince Haakon and Miss Mette Marit Tjessem Hoiby said their "I do's." The only wedding that I do recall him (the Prince of Wales) attending was the Dutch royal wedding between Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Miss Maxima Zorreguieta.

According to his website he has something on May 7th & then on the 19th.

That's the only thing on the Prince of Wales schedule during the month of May? Well, if that's the case, then he can surely squeeze in some time to witness the Danish royal wedding.

Originally posted by montecarlo@May 6th, 2004 - 3:30 pm
The Danish royal couple shouldn't feel too bad. The Prince of Wales also failed to attend the Norwegian royal wedding. The Count and Countess of Wessex also represented him when Crown Prince Haakon and Miss Mette Marit Tjessem Hoiby said their "I do's." The only wedding that I do recall him (the Prince of Wales) attending was the Dutch royal wedding between Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Miss Maxima Zorreguieta.
Didn't he attend Phillippe and Mathilde's nuptials?

I think Charles did go to Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding. I remember pictures of Charles talking to Albert after the church service. Edward and Sophie attended as well.

Perhaps you are thinking of Martha Louise and Ari's wedding. Charles did not go to that. Only Edward and Sophie went.

Here is a link to Charles at Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding, fourth picture down from the top: Charles and Albert

Didn't he attend Phillippe and Mathilde's nuptials? I think Charles did go to Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding. I remember pictures of Charles talking to Albert after the church service. Edward and Sophie attended as well. Perhaps you are thinking of Martha Louise and Ari's wedding. Charles did not go to that. Only Edward and Sophie went.

The Prince of Wales did attend the wedding of the Belgium Crown Prince, the Norwegian Crown Prince, and the Dutch Crown Prince. So why not the wedding of the Danish Crown Prince? It makes no sense to me.

Does anyone know if Frederik and Mary will attend Felipe and Letizia's wedding or will they just continue on with their honeymoon and skip the Spanish wedding?

Oh my- I can't imagine getting married on weekend and then leaving for a honeymoon and then returning to go to someone else's wedding the very next weekend! I'm sure F&M won't be attending the Spanish wedding, but perhaps this will be a nice chance for Alexandra and Joachim to make an appearance...
~Kathleen

Felipe and Letizia are waiting to go on their honeymoon until after Hamzah and Noor's wedding in Jordan. They have already said that they are attending both of those weddings.

Originally posted by samitude@May 6th, 2004 - 8:01 pm
Does anyone know if Frederik and Mary will attend Felipe and Letizia's wedding or will they just continue on with their honeymoon and skip the Spanish wedding?
I have read that Frederik and Mary will just continue on with their honeymoon and not attend the Spanish wedding. (Not sure if they will attend the Jordanian wedding celebrations, however. Felipe and Letizia will be in Jordan for that event, however.) I think the Danish presence at the Spanish wedding would be only either Joachim and Alexandra or Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik, and definitely Princess Benedikte.

This poster says that Frederik and Mary are going to attend the Spanish royal wedding, but I'm not sure where they got their information.

carlota Posted: May 6th, 2004 - 2:25 pm 

the whole belgian rf will attend.
it was also confirmed that frederik and the future crown princess will also be there.
luxembourg will be represented by guillaume and teresa mestre.

Originally posted by samitude@May 6th, 2004 - 8:14 pm
This poster says that Frederik and Mary are going to attend the Spanish royal wedding, but I'm not sure where they got their information.
To be honest, I've read so much stuff on both the Danish and Spanish royal weddings, I am not certain where I read that Frederik and Mary would still be on their honeymoon at the time of the Spanish wedding. Has the Danish or the Spanish royal courts confirmed or denied the presence of newlyweds Frederik and Mary at the Spanish wedding. It seems to me that that would be the ultimate source.

Sorry if I passed along false or untrue info. Just what I read.

As far as I know - confirmed by the danish royal court to at least Billed-Bladet : Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik will go to Madrid - which is according to the plan - while the chief of the court to HRH The Crown Prince, Per Thornit, has stated that Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary never had plans to go Madrid for that wedding - Crown Prince Felipe and Letizia will attend the danish wedding, that's confirmed by Felipe himself ;)

May 8, 2004 - The Mercury Australia
Written By: Ellen Whinnett

Mary's Million Loyal Subjects

A million people are expected to cram into the Danish capital Copenhagen to watch the celebrations as Tasmania's Mary Donaldson marries Crown Prince Frederik in just one week's time. Denmark has gone Mary mad as the final countdown begins to next Friday's wedding in Copenhagen Cathedral. Residents of the Scandinavian country have donated an amazing $2.7 million to buy the traditional People's Gift -- a stunning china set which is thought to be the most expensive in the world.

So great is the interest in the marriage between the Tasmanian commoner and the heir to the 1000-year-old Danish throne that the royal family has issued an edict banning people from profiting from souvenirs featuring photographs of the couple. Hobart-born Mary has captivated the world's media, appearing on front pages of newspapers from Europe to South America. Media outlets have described the beautiful Tasmanian as resembling the glamorous film star and style icon, the late Audrey Hepburn. Magazines have fretted about her weight loss and the fact she will arrive at the wedding in a borrowed limousine -- one of 80 sedans and limos on loan from the Volvo company....

Beautiful as the cutlery will be, it's no match for the stunning wedding gift provided by the people of Denmark. The flora danica china, named after a Danish botanical encyclopedia, was first crafted in Denmark in 1790 and used for the first time at a royal banquet in 1903. And while Mary is unlikely to use "the good china" at the dinner table too often, a more practical gift will be posted from Tasmania next week. A mohair knee-rug, crafted in colours to reflect the yellow of the sun and the blue of the Tasmanian sea, has been given to the royal couple by the Tasmanian Spinners, Weavers and Dyers Guild. An anonymous donor allowed the guild to send the rug -- worth $170 -- to Denmark as a wedding gift. Made by Hobart's Jo Payne, the rug is on display at the Bond Store until Tuesday when it will be packed into the post.

IS anyone from Canada going? There is a dispute between Denmark and Canada over some ice-covered islands--would anyone have been invited, or is this strictly a royalty event?

The Government Information Service, RVD, has confirmed that Queen Beatrix, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, Crown Princess Maxima, Prince Constantijn, and Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands will attend the Danish royal wedding as well as the Spanish royal wedding.

Source: Hja From The Scandinavian Royals Message Board

May 8, 2004 - The Australian

Powderfinger Kick Off Royal Gig

It was a long wait but when Powderfinger stepped on stage at the Danish royal rock concert the smile on the face of princess-in-waiting Mary Donaldson showed it was worthwhile. The Brisbane band performed before 40,000 people at a packed indoor soccer stadium in Copenhagen at the special request of Crown Prince Fredrick and his 32-year-old Tasmanian fiancee.

Powderfinger had to wait behind 16 other acts before jumping on stage to belt out the ballad 'My Happiness' in honour of the happy couple, who were seated in the front row. Donaldson bopped away to her favourite band but it was her brother-in-law-to-be Prince Joachim who seemed to have the most fun, spending much of Powderfinger's performance on his feet singing along with the Aussie rockers. Asked if she had a message for Australians, Donaldson replied: "Enjoy the concert if you're watching".

Dressed in jeans, a red glittery top and beige jacket, Donaldson and her husband to be met the five members of Powderfinger after the concert. Powderfinger drummer Jon Coghill said he was aware of royal couple were fans of the band, which also launched into several tunes from their hit album Vulture Street. Proceeds from the concert will go to Prince Fredrick's favourite charity the Save the Children fund. The concert kicked off a week of celebrations culminating in next week's royal wedding....

Originally posted by samitude@May 6th, 2004 - 7:10 pm
Felipe and Letizia are waiting to go on their honeymoon until after Hamzah and Noor's wedding in Jordan. They have already said that they are attending both of those weddings.
Now that's very considerate of Felipe. Politics comes first. :p

May 8, 2004 - The Mercury Australia
Written By: Tim Martain

Band's Royal Send-Off

With tears in their eyes and smiles on their faces, the members of the Derwent Valley Concert Band boarded their plane yesterday, bound for Denmark. The 75 musicians and support crew will arrive in Copenhagen today, ready to take part in 12 days of celebrations for the wedding of Danish Crown Prince Frederik and Tasmania's Mary Donaldson. Musical director Layton Hodgetts said he could not believe the day had finally arrived. "Three months ago, we hoped this would happen, but I really thought it was just going to be a dream. But now we're getting on the plane," Mr Hodgetts said. The band has spent months raising the $200,000 needed to pay for the trip.

The band will be performing every day while in Denmark, including a pageant on Wednesday in the Copenhagen Town Square to coincide with the mayor's reception for Frederik and Mary, and the band will have pride of place in Friday's wedding procession. "There will be a procession with all 16 bands going right through Copenhagen along the wedding route," Mr Hodgetts said. "The Derwent Valley Concert Band has been put right at the end because there is such interest that they want to keep everyone waiting for the Tasmanian band." Deputy Premier David Llewellyn was at Hobart Airport to farewell the band, saying the state was proud to be sending them to Denmark. "I'm sure everything will go like clockwork," he told the emotional band members. "You are tremendous ambassadors ... [and] I'm sure every Tasmanian will be glued to the TV on the day." Mr Hodgetts said the band was humbled enormously by the amount of support from across Tasmania. "We can't wait to get to Denmark and start playing," he said. The band returns to Tasmania on May 19.

May 9, 2004 - The Mercury Australia
Written By: Heather Low Choy

The Loving Mother Who Won't Be There

Mary Donaldson's marriage to Danish Crown Prince Frederik on Friday will be a bittersweet day for Tasmania's princess bride. Behind her inevitably radiant smile, Ms Donaldson is likely to be struggling to hold back tears for her beloved mother, who will not be there to share her special day. Henrietta Donaldson died suddenly of a post-operative infection in 1997.

Tasmanian Ombudsman Jan O'Grady, who was the Donaldsons' Taroona neighbour for a number of years, hopes people will take a moment to remember her dear friend Etta Clark Donaldson during royal wedding celebrations. Ms O'Grady said it was heartbreaking that Etta was not alive to share Mary's wedding day. "Mary takes after her mother, a lot," Ms O'Grady said, wistfully. She described Etta's death as absolutely unexpected and extraordinarily tragic. "She was much loved by all who knew her; a gentle, charming woman and Scottish through and through," Ms O'Grady said. She said Mary's parents had been besotted with each other until the day Etta died.

Their extraordinary bond had seen them create a loving and happy home for Mary and her siblings, Ms O'Grady said. "John and Etta -- everyone knew her as Etta -- grew up in the same village in Scotland and had known each other almost since childhood," she said. "They were so in love." Ms O'Grady remembers Mary as a "gorgeous little girl". "She was vivacious, always happy and just adorable," she said. Mary had inherited her vivaciousness from her mother, Ms O'Grady said. "Etta was vivacious but gracious, too, and she was highly respected for her professionalism. "And, like Mary, she was striking; so very pretty."

John Donaldson, and indeed the whole Donaldson clan, had been devastated by Etta's death, Ms O'Grady said. Friends and family concerned about Mr Donaldson's welfare were overjoyed when he wed crime writer Susan Moody in 2001, she said. "We're so grateful he met Susan. It's a miracle they found each other," Ms O'Grady said. Still, Ms O'Grady hopes on Mary's wedding day, people will take a moment to remember Etta. "Etta is so much a part of who Mary is and I would hate for her to be forgotten," said Ms O'Grady. "She would have been so proud of Mary and of all her children. She would never have been more proud of one than the other. "It would just mean the world to her that Mary was happy."

O dear, then there will be an emotional moment in the ceremony. I will have a box of tissues nex to me....

May 10, 2004 - The Mercury Australia
Written By: Ben English

An Intimate Insight Into Royal Romance

Mary Donaldson has publicly opened her heart for the first time about the extraordinary romance that will this Friday culminate in her crowning as a Danish princess. In the only interview the Hobart-born former advertising executive and real estate agent has granted before her celebrated wedding to Danish Crown Prince Frederik, Mary's story can be told for the first time in her own words. The woman who has captured Danish hearts has candidly told Danish newspaper Politiken how her relationship with Frederik deepened secretly for 14 months before it became public knowledge, the doubts she harboured about their future together and her dread of meeting her future husband's mother, Queen Margrethe.

During a 25-hour interview conducted during seven sittings since December, the princess-in-waiting reveals her conviction that her remarkable fate was destined, that she was meant to meet Frederik and embark on her fairytale journey. But she also speaks of her agony over the loss of the two key women in her life, her mother and her grandmother, and how their deaths transformed her spiritual beliefs and approach to life. And she speaks for the first time about her first great love, a Melbourne man with whom she lived during a seven-year relationship. She also dreams of using her position to help the mentally ill, in the same way Princess Diana helped various causes after she married into royalty. On the eve of her transformation from Australian commoner to future queen of the world's oldest kingdom, Mary says she is overwhelmingly happy, in love and looking forward to her life as a wife, mother and role model for her adopted country. "I have always known that I would only marry if I met the one and only love," she says. "I have known that the most important thing had to be totally unconditional love -- unreserved -- and that you recognise it, when it hits you, and that love and happiness go together."

Mary, 32, describes the night she met Frederik at Sydney nightclub the Slip Inn on September 16, 2000, during the Olympic Games. "Frederik and I started to talk and we simply didn't stop talking," she said. "And that was that! A very long talk, which went on for a year or actually 14 months....He and his brother went to Melbourne the next day. But about a week later I met with him and his friends for dinner." Mary reveals the couple suspended plans to spend a prolonged time together when Frederik was hit by a family crisis. "He was called home because his grandmother was seriously ill," she said. "He was very upset about it and wanted to leave as soon as possible. So we had one and a half days together, having hoped for a whole week to get to know each other a little better." Frederik's grandmother, the queen mother, died soon afterwards and he remained in Denmark for much of the next year. But his romance with Mary defied the distance barrier and he returned to Australia in 2001. "It wasn't like it went 'bang!' that first evening, that I knew I had met the man in my life," Mary said. "That point in time is hard to pinpoint. Also because there was this enormous distance between us and long spells between our meetings." With this distance, both geographically and in terms of the family environment, you just can't tell that this is the right person. But we were constantly in contact with each other."

The couple exchanged phone calls, letters and CDs of their favourite music. Mary sent Frederik a Powderfinger album -- "which is still my favourite band"-- and he sent her some Danish ones, among them Sort Sol. Mary decided to deepen the commitment in November 2001, when a Danish magazine revealed her as Frederik's new girlfriend for the first time. "The time had come where we both felt it couldn't go on long distance. We decided to take the chance and see if we were meant for each other. That's when I left Australia." Mary left her job as an upmarket property agent in Sydney's eastern suburbs for Paris, a one-hour flight from Copenhagen. She spent the next five months spending the weekends at Amalienborg Castle, the royal family's Copenhagen palace. But the intensifying media scrutiny tested her resolve. "While I was in Paris I tried to keep a low profile," she recalls. "I was waiting for the point of no return in my life, the line that would be crossed when I was seen with Frederik in public." If all this turned out to be a fata morgana [mirage] I would like to be able to become 'Mary' again. Then maybe I could settle down in London or some other place where nobody would recognise me anyway."

But one of the most foreboding tests was still to come: the interview with Queen Margrethe. Mary knew that if her prospective mother-in-law rejected her it would doom her future with Frederik. "Intuitively I knew the interview with Margrethe had to go well and I also asked myself questions about how I would handle it," Mary said. "Frederik didn't talk much about the meeting beforehand. He basically just mentioned that his mother is a regular person, like you and me, and that she probably would be just as nervous about meeting me." Mary reveals that while awaiting the meeting with Margrethe, she considered whether she would ask Frederik to leave the monarchy. "Had the meeting been negative I have no idea what would have happened," she says. "But I don't think I would ever have asked Frederik to abdicate. He knows his role in life. He feels obligated to it and I think -- no, I know -- it would demand too much of him to give it up." But her fears were unfounded. Margrethe immediately approved of the former Taroona High School girl during their interview at Amalienborg. "She could see that it was serious and didn't want to put further pressure on us from the media or others," she said.

Mary also reveals how close she came to marrying before she even met her fairytale prince. "I had a boyfriend for seven years, but we drifted apart," she said. "We still have a good relationship. We will always mean something special to each other because we have been through a lot together. Seven years is a long time and he was there when my mother died." Mary speaks of the qualities she has come to cherish in her husband-to-be. "His vast energy -- spiritually and physically ... his attitude towards life -- he is a very interesting person with a complex personality," she said. "He fights many battles with himself, like many of us. He has a warm, warm heart, he is loyal and honest, almost to the point of being beyond reproach. He is funny." I believe Frederik touches people's hearts. He doesn't want me to say this but he is also a lonely person, like we all are." Now, four days before her historic nuptials, divorce is unthinkable to the princess-in-waiting. "For us, divorce is impossible to imagine. It has always been my view that in love there is only one time -- and that is it. People today give up too easily and just say 'OK, we have grown apart'. I believe you can experience two or three 'great loves' in your life, but also that we really hope to find just one that will last."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom