The Crown Prince Wedding in Denmark News

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2004 - The Mercury Australia
Written By: Heather Low Choy

Family Heads to Denmark for Royal Celebration

The family of Tasmanian princess-to-be Mary Donaldson left Hobart yesterday, bound for royal wedding celebrations in Denmark. Ms Donaldson is to marry Crown Prince Frederik in a lavish ceremony in Copenhagen on May 14. Her sister Patricia Bailey, husband Scott and their children Michael, Maddison and Mollie were excited about their trip to Denmark. Mrs Bailey told reporters at the airport she had not spoken to Mary for a while.

"She is quite busy getting herself organised. I'm sure she's a bit stressed and excited," Mrs Bailey said. While the wedding will be run strictly according to royal protocol, the Tasmanian relations intend combining the formal celebrations with a family holiday. Mr Bailey said he was hoping they would have a "great time" and see as much of Denmark as they could. Mrs Bailey said there were functions planned and she had to pack a few dresses. Mary's immediate family is part of an expanding contingent of Tasmanians travelling to Copenhagen for wedding celebrations.

Several of Mary's cousins are believed to have left for Copenhagen at the weekend. A female cousin told friends she had received an edict from the palace that she bring three formal gowns with her. It was decreed at least two of these gowns should fall from waist to floor. The Danish palace had instructed that female guests were to wear attire that covered their shoulders to watch the royal couple exchange vows in a Copenhagen cathedral, Mary's cousin said. This edict suggests Mary's wedding gown will be modestly cut, and have sleeves of some kind.

Incat boss Bob Clifford also left Tasmania at the weekend, bound for a pre-wedding celebration in Copenhagen to be hosted by Governor-General Michael Jeffery. Mr Clifford, who has long had business links with Denmark, said the upcoming royal nuptials certainly had not hurt his chances of improving business relationships there. It is believed an executive representing a Tasmanian-based wind farm components manufacturer is also on his way to Copenhagen for the Governor-General's function. Meanwhile, an upmarket English china company has produced a plate and cup to commemorate Denmark's royal wedding. Chown China's commemorative pieces feature a central portrait of the couple in full colour, embellished with gold wattle and lily of the valley. The Royal Coat of Arms is in full colour at the top of the plate. A kangaroo and elephant form part of the design. The china can be ordered from the Chown China factory in Hayle, Cornwall.

Source: Susan T from Royal News and Views

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2004 - Denmark News

Bishop Leads Drawing for Wedding Window Seats

Thirty lucky DanChurchAid donors have won a prime-time window seat across from Copenhagen Cathedral on May 14. Danes around the country will sit glued before their television sets on May 14, to catch a glimpse of the newlywed Crown Princely couple. A select few will have the opportunity to see the couple walk out of the church as man and wife with their own eyes. On Friday, Copenhagen Bishop Erik Norman Svendsen, who will perform Frederik and Mary's wedding ceremony, drew lots for 30 prime window seats located directly across from the doors of the church. The bird's-eye viewing spots are located in offices belonging to humanitarian group DanChurch Aid, which decided to give some of its donors the opportunity to experience the Royal Wedding at close range.

DanChurch Aid sponsored a drawing for the window seats, and some 300 people submitted envelopes with humanitarian donations of DKK 100 (13.50 euros) each, in hopes of winning a lucky seat on the first floor. The lucky winners will have the opportunity to watch the live wedding telecast on TV, as well as through the office windows, whilst enjoying cake and coffee. The modest proceeds generated by the wedding drawing will be used to buy hens for poor women in Malawi.

April 2004 - Winestate News

Clover Hill Releases a Commemorative Label

Clover Hill vineyard proudly joins in the Danish national celebrations in honour of Crown Prince of Denmark Frederik’s wedding with Hobart’s Mary Donaldson on May 14, 2004, with the exclusive release in Denmark of a commemorative bottle of Clover Hill. Clover Hill is the flagship Tasmanian sparkling wine of Taltarni vineyards, one of Australia’s finest independent wineries. To celebrate the royal wedding, Taltarni Vineyards is proud to support its Danish distributor, House of Wine, with the release of 38,000 bottles dedicated to the royal couple with a commemorative monogram and dated May 14, 2004.

Our Danish distributor, House of Wine, has generously undertaken to contribute 10 Danish Kroner per bottle ($A 2.20) to “Save the Children”, the Danish charity organization of which Crown Prince Frederik is the patron,” announced Taltarni Vineyards’ CEO, Peter Steer. “We are privileged to be associated with such a charitable project and delighted to lend our support to House of Wine for a good cause.” Exclusively released in Denmark, the commemorative bottles of Clover Hill will be available for sale prior to the royal wedding. The launch will be organised by House of Wine on Friday, 30 April in conjunction with their donation of DKK 500,000 ($A 110,117) to the "Save the Children” foundation. Separately, 600 commemorative bottles of Clover Hill will also be offered by House of Wine to the royal couple as a wedding gift.

“The marriage of Tasmanian Mary Donaldson to the Crown Prince of Denmark has generated tremendous interest in Tasmania and is for us a great opportunity to promote a superb sparkling wine produced out of Tasmania. Clover Hill is certainly a royal delight and we are very proud to be associated with the royal wedding,” continued Peter Steer. With similar climate conditions to the French Champagne region and with exceptionally fertile ancient volcanic red soil, Tasmania produces some of the top sparkling wines Australia has to offer. Tasmania has shown that certain cool climate grape varieties such as Chardonnay, Pinot and Riesling can produce wines hallmarked by exciting, intense and very distinctive varietal personality. In particular, the Pipers River in the north east of Tasmania where Clover Hill vineyard is located, stands out as a region producing remarkable wines....

April 26, 2004 - Colour Press

Graasten, Denmark - The city, Graasten, now has its own wine, because of the coming royal wedding. The label is a photo of Graasten castle and two swans.

I can't wait for the wedding! I will be glued to my TV!!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

I can't wait for the wedding! I will be glued to my TV!!!!!!!!!

Many Americans as well as myself will be able to watch the Spanish royal wedding. The Spanish-language channel, Univision, plan to air it live. I do hope that BBC America and / or German Journal air clips of the Danish royal wedding. Two years ago, both news channels showed clips of the Dutch royal wedding. Last year, German Journal had a special report about the birth of the Dutch Princess, Catharina-Amalia.

May 3, 2004 - TV 2

Police: Threat Against Wedding Low

According to the police the threat against the future royal wedding is very low. Therefore, no extra border control will be made in connection with the event. This is informed by chief police inspector Kai Vittrup of Copenhagen police. "But, we do have a strategy meaning we can increase the level of security and make several interventions. The level may be increased or decreased within minutes," he promises. Kai Vittrup will not reveal how many officers there will be on the streets of Copenhagen on May 14th. But, he says the number will be somewhere between the number of officers used when the American President Bill Clinton visited Copenhagen in 1997 and the EU Summit in 2002 - which means between 1,400 and 4,000 officers.

May 4, 2004 - Denmark News

Museum to Document Folk Experience of Royal Wedding

The National Museum is leading a cultural anthropological study on Denmark's experience of the Royal Wedding. The National Museum wants to know: how do you plan to mark Frederik and Mary's big day? Will you follow the wedding cortege through the streets of Copenhagen, or sit at home glued to the television set? How will the Royal Wedding be commemorated in the nation's schools, offices, kindergartens, and nursing homes? Or are you even interested?

In cooperation with several research and funding institutions throughout the country, the National Museum is spearheading a cultural historical study entitled, "The Kingdom at the Other End--Danes and the Royal Wedding, 14 May 2004." The study is designed to shed light on how the Danish people will commemorate this historic day in public and in private--and away from the media spotlight. All Danes are encouraged to submit their stories via the homepage.

May 4, 2004 - Denmark News

Denmark's Oldest Cake Shop To Mark Royal Wedding

Let them eat cake: La Glace will prepare an eight-layer wedding cake for members of the public on 14 May. "We're really starting to feel that there's a major royal wedding coming up on 14 May. We're going to be incredibly busy in the days leading up to the wedding, because so many people are planning to mark the occasion by ordering a nice cake, for example. Businesses are holding receptions or using cakes as decorations, and ordinary people are celebrating the wedding at home," said Marianne Kolos, proprietor of the oldest cake and confectioner's shop in Denmark, Copenhagen's Conditorie La Glace. In addition to its backlog of royal wedding orders, the shop--conveniently located just a stone's throw from Copenhagen Cathedral--will serve an eight-layer wedding cake to members of the public on hand for the big day. Kolos says the giant cake will be enough feed 1000 hungry Copenhageners.

I have talked to my American Spanish -speaking friends and they said Univision is not airing the wedding. Mexico will though! :unsure:

Originally posted by Victoria@May 4th, 2004 - 2:28 pm
I have talked to my American Spanish -speaking friends and they said Univision is not airing the wedding. Mexico will though! :unsure:
Boo. What about Telemundo then?

what about TELELATINO here in Canada ?!!

I thought I´d post this before it goes away. It is on the home page of Polfoto. The design is created by cyclists.

LOL! Hey that's a good photo!

Why did the cyclists do it? Was it a moving image (like were the cyclists moving? probably not :p )

Here is the Danish text.

Bycyklerne er fra i dag klar til fri afbenyttelse i det indre København. Her er cyklerne fotograferet på Rådhuspladsen og i anledningen af det nærtforestående kronprinsebryllup opstillet i et royalt monogram.

I have talked to my American Spanish - speaking friends and they said Univision is not airing the wedding. Mexico will though!

Univision is broadcasted in North America and Latin America. According to the official website, there will be a special program titled "Un Sueno Real" on May 15th, 2004 at 7:00pm central time (USA). On May 22nd, 2004 there will be live coverage of the Spanish royal wedding.

Univision Official Website:
Invitado virtual a la boda real : Todo sobre los futuros reyes de España - Bodas

Originally posted by montecarlo@May 4th, 2004 - 1:10 am
I can't wait for the wedding! I will be glued to my TV!!!!!!!!!

Many Americans as well as myself will be able to watch the Spanish royal wedding. The Spanish-language channel, Univision, plan to air it live. I do hope that BBC America and / or German Journal air clips of the Danish royal wedding. Two years ago, both news channels showed clips of the Dutch royal wedding. Last year, German Journal had a special report about the birth of the Dutch Princess, Catharina-Amalia.
I get German Journal every night too. Also on Sunday mornings, they show a program by DW called Euromax. It is 30 minutes long. They show it twice. First in German and then in English. They usually have some good stories on it from the week´s news. That is for the Danish wedding. If you get TVEI then you will probably get a whole lot of coverage!

I get German Journal every night too. Also on Sunday mornings, they show a program by DW called Euromax. It is 30 minutes long. They show it twice. First in German and then in English.

I'm fortunate to live in Virginia, because MHz network provide many Virginians, Marylanders, and Washingtonians with news from around the world. Here's MHz network schedule:

Arab-Net News in Arabic: Weekdays at 11:00am
BBC This Week in English: Sundays at 7:00am
BBC World News in English: Weekdays at 7:00am, 10:00pm
Chinese News in English: Weekdays at 8:30am
Dateline Punjab in English: Saturdays at 1:30pm
European Journal in English: Fridays at 11:30am
German Journal in English: Weekdays at 7:30pm
German Journal in German: Weekdays at 5:00pm
India's World in English: Sunday at 6:30pm
Italian News in Italian: Weekdays at 6:00pm
Japanese News in Japanese: Weekdays at 9:00am
Le Journal in French: Weekdays at 7:00pm
Mexican News in Spanish: Weekdays at 12:00am
My India in English: Sundays at 6:30pm
Newsweek South Asia in English: Saturdays at 6:30pm
Polish News in Polish: Weekdays at 1:30pm
Russian News in Russian: Weekdays at 1:00pm
South Asia Newsline in English: Weekdays at 8:00am, 6:30pm, 10:30pm
This Week in India in English: Saturdays at 10:00am
Todays Asiavision in English: Weekdays at 8:15am, 6:45pm, 10:45pm
Ukrainian News in Ukrainian: Sundays 7:30am, Tuesdays 11:30am

Originally posted by montecarlo@May 4th, 2004 - 10:53 pm
I get German Journal every night too. Also on Sunday mornings, they show a program by DW called Euromax. It is 30 minutes long. They show it twice. First in German and then in English.

I'm fortunate to live in Virginia, because MHz network provide many Virginians, Marylanders, and Washingtonians with news from around the world. Here's MHz network schedule:

Arab-Net News in Arabic: Weekdays at 11:00am
BBC This Week in English: Sundays at 7:00am
BBC World News in English: Weekdays at 7:00am, 10:00pm
Chinese News in English: Weekdays at 8:30am
Dateline Punjab in English: Saturdays at 1:30pm
European Journal in English: Fridays at 11:30am
German Journal in English: Weekdays at 7:30pm
German Journal in German: Weekdays at 5:00pm
India's World in English: Sunday at 6:30pm
Italian News in Italian: Weekdays at 6:00pm
Japanese News in Japanese: Weekdays at 9:00am
Le Journal in French: Weekdays at 7:00pm
Mexican News in Spanish: Weekdays at 12:00am
My India in English: Sundays at 6:30pm
Newsweek South Asia in English: Saturdays at 6:30pm
Polish News in Polish: Weekdays at 1:30pm
Russian News in Russian: Weekdays at 1:00pm
South Asia Newsline in English: Weekdays at 8:00am, 6:30pm, 10:30pm
This Week in India in English: Saturdays at 10:00am
Todays Asiavision in English: Weekdays at 8:15am, 6:45pm, 10:45pm
Ukrainian News in Ukrainian: Sundays 7:30am, Tuesdays 11:30am
you're a virginian , montecarlo? i went there last summer,just for a few hours though. i was visiting my cousin in Maryland, the weather was unbelieveably hot :p , and this from me, a southeast asian girl, who should be use to that kind of weather B)

O, yes. We get most of those programs here as well. Great stuff.

You're a Virginian, montecarlo? I went there last summer, just for a few hours though. I was visiting my cousin in Maryland, the weather was unbelieveably hot, and this from me, a southeast asian girl, who should be use to that kind of weather.

I'm a Latin-American living in Virginia. If you don't mind me asking, what part of Maryland is your cousin from? Practically every summer Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. are struck by heat waves, no thanks to global warming.

May 4, 2004 - The Defence Net

Tribute To The Crown Prince And Crown Princess-To-Be

On the day of the Liberation of Denmark in 1945, the Danish Defence will pay tribute to the Crown Prince and Crown Princess-to-be by means of a parade and an exhibition. The Danish Defence wishes to celebrate the forthcoming wedding, especially because of HRH Crown Prince Frederik’s close connection with the Defence. The Crown Prince has an impressive military education, and he has been through a very comprehensive programme, which means that large sections of the Defence have had contact with Crown Prince Frederik.

The parade and the exhibition will take place on Langeliniekajen, which will be open to the general public throughout Wednesday on May 5th 2004 from 09:00 - 21:00. In addition to the parade, Langeliniekajen will hold materiel, exhibitions, activities and displays. May 5th 2004 will be an event for both adults and children. In the morning, Crown Prince Frederik and Miss Mary Donaldson and the Royal Family will attend the parade, which will take place on land, at sea and in the air. The tribute to the Crown Prince and Crown Princess-to-be will resemble the event that took place in 1967, when HM The Queen married HRH The Prince Consort.

Wednesday, May 5th 2004 is also the day when Crown Prince Frederik and Miss Mary Donaldson will receive the gift presented by the Danish Defence and its personnel. The tribute of the Danish Defence, which is the only large-scale Defence event open to the public in 2004, is estimated at approximately DKK 3 million. Any questions relating to the events of the day should be addressed to Captain Henrik Gram Pedersen, phone: + 45 4567 3035.

Source: Joris from The Scandinavian Royals Message Board

Originally posted by montecarlo@May 4th, 2004 - 11:20 pm

I'm a Latin-American living in Virginia. If you don't mind me asking, what part of Maryland is your cousin from? Practically every summer Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. are struck by heat waves, no thanks to global warming.
sure, for the life of me, i can't seem to remember the exact place in Maryland. but,it's not far from where he goes to uni, The University of Maryland ,he's majoring in business.
I know Montecarlo, it's so hot out there...but i heard it's really beautiful in springtime..my cousin sends me pictures all the time lol.
Actually,if nothing goes wrong :p ,i'm planning to go to the states this summer.
my cousins are all graduating, one's in Maryland ,another in New York and the last one's in Seattle. Phewww..major road trip!! :p

May 4, 2004 - The Mercury Australia
tten By: Michelle Paine

Tassie's Danish Toast to Mary

All things Danish are being prepared for Tasmanians to toast the wedding of Mary Donaldson to Danish Crown Prince Frederik. The event on May 14th has sparked a weekend of Danish-themed festivities at Hobart's Hotel Grand Chancellor, with a live telecast of the wedding a highlight. Tasmanian ABC Radio announcer Ric Paterson will head to Denmark to provide coverage for Tasmania and Australia and compere a performance by the Derwent Valley Concert Band. SBS will cover the wedding from 11:00pm on Friday, which will be telecast at the Hotel Grand Chancellor. Emeritus consul-general John Cogan has worked with the hotel to produce its program. Mr Cogan, of Hobart, was Danish consul-general for 40 years and received the Order of the Dannebrog from Denmark's King Christian IX, elevated to Knight First Class by the present Queen Margrethe. Mr Cogan remembered being asked about Tasmania by Queen Margrethe at a world consul conference. "Neither I nor Her Majesty in our wildest dreams dreamt of such a close connection coming in the future," Mr Cogan said. He said the Royal Hobart Golf Club had been approached by Denmark's Niva Golf Club to set up a friendship.

A documentary on the royal couple, commissioned by the Danish palace, and other footage of Denmark will be shown before the telecast. "The atrium and other areas will be decorated with Danish colours, and there will be displays by Danish artists and artisans in the foyer," Mr Cogan said. Mr Paterson said the assignment was the most exciting in his 40-year career. He travels with the band on Friday. "It's terribly exciting," he said. "As well as Tasmania I'll be doing other stories to other stations around Australia, plus Tony Delroy will be doing his program [NightLife] from Hobart. "On the night of the wedding I'll be doing feeds in from the streets of Denmark. "And I have something in common with Mary Donaldson, we're both past students of Taroona High." A celebratory supper will be held on the day of the wedding at the Grand Chancellor and high teas with Danish goodies will be held from 3:00-6:00pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Sunday will feature a traditional Danish buffet from midday. SBS has live coverage from 11:00pm on May 14th until 2:00am, featuring the ceremony. On Saturday it continues from 7:00am-9:00am with speeches, bridal waltz and fireworks. Highlights will be shown on Saturday from 7:30pm-9:30pm.

May 5, 2004 - Denmark News

Royal Wedding to Draw 2000 Press Members

2000 journalists are expected at next week's Royal Wedding--more than twice the number at the 1995 wedding of Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra. The wedding of an heir to the throne is an event that resonates far beyond the borders of Denmark. 600 members of the foreign press are expected to arrive in Copenhagen in the days leading up to the wedding of Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson. An addition 1400 Danish journalists, photographers, and tech crews are also slated to cover the wedding. In all, the number of media professionals in the Danish capital for the "wedding of the century" is expected to top 2000--more than twice as many as covered the wedding of Prince Joachim and Alexandra Manley in 1995. Information chief Andreas Bruun of the International Press Center in Copenhagen says foreign members of the press from Sweden, Norway, Germany, Spain, and Australia will be especially well represented.

WOW! Taroona High has a lot of connections with Denmark then!!!

A consul-general for 40 years and a Knight of the Dannebrog, and now the future queen of Denmark!!!

May 5, 2004 - TV 2

Royal Wedding Boosts TV Sales

The royal wedding looks as if it will be a popular show. 77 percent of the Danish public will watch the festivities on TV, according to a poll made by the research intitute MEGAFON for TV 2 | NEWS. Police expect hundreds of thousands of people to arrive in Copenhagen on May 14th, but it appears that many prefer to enjoy the event from the comfort of their living room. The Danish railway DSB had made arrangements for a special train to transport eager onlookers to the Danish capital, and coach companies had package deals on offer in honour of the royal occasion. But a lack of bookings has forced them to cancel....

May 6, 2004 - The Australian

Royals Dine on Aussie Finest

At least the governor-general won't have to try to wrap it when he officially presents Australia's wedding gift to Denmark's royal couple in Copenhagen on Saturday night. Major General Michael Jeffery will make the presentation when he and his wife Marlena host the Danish royal family to a dinner of the finest Australian produce to honour the May 14th marriage of former Hobart lawyer Mary Donaldson to Crown Prince Frederik.

As well as presenting a feast of Australian food and wine at the Fredensborg Storekro, a royal hotel and restaurant to the north of Copenhagen, Jeffery will, somehow, hand over a stand of nine Tasmanian trees to the engaged couple. The Jefferys and Tasmanian governor Richard Butler will be joined for dinner by Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik and their second son Prince Joachim and his wife Princess Alexandra. Donaldson's family will also be among the 52 guests for the five course meal prepared by leading Australian chef Luke Mangan.

All ingredients will be flown in from Australia on Thursday as Mangan defied Queen Margrethe's request for silver service food on a platter in favour of his specialty five course degustation menu. Guests will start with coconut broth with prawns from Crystal Bay in NSW, followed by sashimi kingfish from South Australia and roasted barramundi from the Northern Territory. Tender Australian lamb will round off the main course, with the meal to be completed with Mangan's signature desert from his Salt restaurant in Sydney, licorice parfait. Five Australian wines have been chosen to accompany the dishes.

"They could have asked lots of chefs, there are lots of good chefs in Australia, I am lucky to be asked, it's a great honour," said Mangan, who has brought in two of his chefs from Sydney. "I reckon all this is going to get more wine exported, more food brought over here, it's great for Australian produce over here. We are bringing a lot of wines in that aren't showcased here at the moment and food that isn't showcased here, so it'll be excellent exposure." Mangan will also cook a buffet for 100 of Frederik and Donaldson's friends at the Copenhagen Town Hall on Wednesday night, which will include a kangaroo dish following a special request from the prince and his father.

For five nights next week, Mangan is presenting A Taste of Australia week at the Restaurationen restaurant in central Copenhagen where the public can dine on the same menu served at Fredensborg on Saturday. Australian food and wine are just a small part of the 10-day wedding celebrations in Copenhagen which started with the launch of an Australian film festival yesterday. A rock concert headlined by the royal couple's favourite band, Australian outfit Powderfinger, on Friday night sets off the weekend which also features a yacht race on Copenhagen Harbour on Sunday between the prince and 1983 America's Cup winning skipper John Bertrand.

May 6, 2004 - The Australian

Unusual Gifts For Mary, Prince

Finding the right gift for any wedding can be hard. When it's the future king of Denmark and his Australian-born queen, then it's likely those gifts won't be found in a department store or catalogue. Which probably explains why Crown Frederik and his Australian fiancee, Mary Donaldson, have received everything from hand-stitched national garments from Greenland to trees from her native island of Tasmania. Oh, and don't forget the personal ballad written by a Danish crooner or the two sets of dinnerware!

The May 14th wedding of Crown Prince Frederik and his Australian wife-to-be Donaldson is one of the most anticipated royal events in Danish history. Some 800 guests, including royals from throughout Europe and Asia, along with political leaders have been invited to the event. Today, Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen presented Frederik, 35, and Donaldson, 32, with the government's gift, a 4x6 metre handcrafted Iranian rug. The presentation came hours after the Australian government in Canberra unveiled its gift: a stand of trees from Tasmania. After a military parade ahead of the marriage in Copenhagen, Denmark's defence forces gave four sculptural chairs created by Danish designer Poul M. Volther in 1962. Each Corona chair is worth as much as 30,000 kroner ($6650).

While the gift basket is being filled by presents donated by local communities, companies or private persons, the two families' presents won't be unveiled until they're unwrapped, after the wedding. Since Monday, dozens of presents - including a sofa, 93 ceramic badges made by a Copenhagen kindergarten, paintings, a photo frame and sweets - have been delivered to the downtown Christiansborg Palace where they'll be displayed after the wedding. The couple will get two dinnerware sets - an exclusive Flora Danica service, the other a modern 24-piece set with motifs from fairy tales by Hans Christian Andersen, created by Lin Utzon, the daughter of Joern Utzon, the Dane who designed the Sydney Opera House.

The Flora Danica set, made since the 1760s, is part of a twin present to be given next week by a private fund-raising called the People's Gift. The second gift is a ballad, When You Hold Me, composed and performed in English by Danish soul crooner Erann DD. The two gifts were chosen from more than 800 suggestions made through the fund's website. Rejected ideas included a red Ferrari, two bicycles, a kangaroo and two elephants. Another group raised 1.7 million kroner ($376,710) to finance a copy of a small 900-year-old gold-covered copper shrine. The original was unearthed in 1872 in southern Denmark. A carpenter completed a 120-centimetre long wedding chest made of oak culled from Denmark and Tasmania. From Greenland, a semiautonomous Danish territory, the couple got 68.5 grams of gold from the island's first gold mine, which is being crafted into wedding rings. Nuuk, the Greenland capital, gave the couple traditional Greenland garments, handmade by 15 Inuit seamstresses.

May 6, 2004 - Amalienborg Palace

Acceptance of Gifts for the Royal Wedding

The Lord Chamberlain’s Office announces the following regarding the acceptance of gifts for His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik and Miss Mary E. Donaldson on the occasion of their wedding on 14 May 2004:

Presents may be delivered at Christiansborg Palace at the entrance on:

Prins Jørgens Gård 1
Christiansborg Palace
1218 Copenhagen K
(this is the entrance next to Christiansborg Palace Chapel)
From 3 to 14 May on all weekdays between 10.00 - 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom