The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Serene Highness

Nice--how long did they actually live in the same city before they got married? And am I confused--I thought she did PR work?

Old 05-09-2004, 12:50 PM
Courtier

thanks for the translated articles, and the other articles. It's so cool being able to read this :)

Old 05-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Wedding guests from the Royal House of Sweden:

Wednesday 12/5

> H.R.H. the Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip, H.R.H. Princess Madeleine
Attendance at a party arranged in connection with the Crown Prince of Denmark’s wedding

Then home on Thursday to celebrate Prince Carl Philip’s 25th birthday – and then back on Friday:

Friday 14/5

> Their Majesties The King and Queen, H.R.H. the Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip & H.R.H. Princess Madeleine
Attendance at H.R.H. Crown Prince Fredrik of Denmark and Miss Mary Elizabet Donaldson’s wedding
Copenhagen, Denmark
Old 05-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know if the wedding will be shown on US/Canada tv? Or even British TV?
Old 05-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
The Loving Mother Who Won't Be There
"....Mary reveals that one of the hymns at the wedding will be "Eternal Father". It was one of her mother's favourites and was therefore used at her funeral. Mary suggested this hymn for her own wedding, as it would mean a lot to all her family - and much to her surprise she was told that it is in fact also one of Queen Margrethe's favourite hymns. So no objection from mum-in-law."

Source: Stig From The Scandinavian Royals Message Board
Old 05-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Does anyone know if the wedding will be shown on US / Canada tv? Or even British TV?
The North American news station, CNN, may air clips of the Danish royal wedding, just like they did with the Dutch royal wedding. Five years ago, CNN, showed live footages of the wedding between Prince Edward of Great Britain and Miss Sophie Rhys-Jones.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Nice--how long did they actually live in the same city before they got married? And am I confused--I thought she did PR work?
"....Before wrapping up her studies at the University of Tasmania, from which she graduated in 1994 with a Bachelors degree in Commerce and Law. The fresh-faced young graduate dived into professional life, moving to Melbourne, where she accepted a position at an international advertising agency. Her career would eventually lead her into the world of public relations, and culminate in her last pre-royal post as a project consultant for Microsoft Business Solutions in Denmark."

Source: Hello Magazine
Old 05-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by montecarlo@May 9th, 2004 - 5:45 pm
Quote:
Does anyone know if the wedding will be shown on US / Canada tv? Or even British TV?
IF your local PBS station has the DW newscast from Germany then they are likely to show some clips as well. Or try Le Journal which appears on many PBS stations as well.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
If your local PBS station has the DW newscast from Germany then they are likely to show some clips as well. Or try Le Journal which appears on many PBS stations as well.
PBS only airs BBC World News. MHz network airs news from across the globe. I highly recommend that you watch BBC World News, German Journal, and Le Journal for clips of the Danish royal wedding.

Link To MHz Network Schedule:
http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/i...pic=3116&st=200
Old 05-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Right. I have what are called "public stations" but they are separate from PBS itself. . They show a lot of the news programs every day. People might want to check them out to see if they are in their areas. Also look for a show on the weekend from DW TV called "Euromaxx", they might have clips on it as well. Here it is on Sundays.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Nobility

If you want to see the Danish royal wedding, trying visiting the Danish embassy in your country. It has been confirmed that some Danish embassies across the globe will celebrate the royal wedding on May 14th.

Address To All The Danish Embassies Around The World:
http://www.denmark.dk/servlet/page?_pageid...p_show_id=40305

Source: Anna From Royal Blue Forum
Old 05-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks everyone for answering my question. Hopefully, I'll be able to watch some of the wedding or at least clips of it.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Nobility

Interview With Frederik's Cousins

....The grandchildren of Queen Ingrid are not only relatives, they are close friends. They loved the summer holidays at Graasten. Alexandra told that naturally the children sometime teased each other and she thinks that Frederik was more teased than the other ones because it was difficult for him when he lost a game. Pavlos and Frederik are still very close though they don't see each other very often, Frederik is "good at making himself invisible for a long time" - but that doesn't matter. When they meet it is as if they had been together yesterday.

Cousin Gustav: "Frederik has become very strong in the last 2 years - he knows what he wants now, that's why he was ready to find a wife." Some years ago Gustav heard that Frederik had met a girl but he didn't ask Frederik about it - he preferred to wait until Frederik would tell about her. Gustav met Mary at Amalienborg. Frederik had invited him for a dinner. He arrived, Frederik wasn't there but a nice girl was! 'Hi, I'm Mary' she said - 'I'm Gustav, Frederiks cousin' he answered. The two of them had a nice chat for half an hour until Frederik arrived (he was late because of some sport match). Gustav thought that Mary was a very sweet girl.

Cousin Alexandra: "Mary is open-hearted and funny. I have spent quite some time with her. It's like Mary has been in our family for ever."

Cousin Gustav: "It's easy to observe that they are very much in love. They do respect each other - Mary understand Frederik's special role in life."

Marie-Chantal talked about her own wedding day. Her mother and sisters were very nervous but she was calm herself. She concentrated about observing as many things as possible - she wanted to remember her big day and thinks that Mary should use her "inner camera" - very soon the day is over. At a greek wedding the couple stood up for 45 minutes - Queen Elizabeth was impressed, she told Marie-Chantal, "you didn't sway at all." The cousins think that Frederik had a special place in Queen Ingrid's heart. Ingrid and Alexandra often talked about Frederik and about his choice of wife. Ingrid used to say that she was sure he would find the right girl. Cousin Gustav: "if Ingrid had met Mary she would accept her and support her 200%."

Source: Henrik From The Scandinavian Royals Message Board
Old 05-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Nobility

May 10, 2004 - TV 2

The Royal Wedding: Oh, What A Circus!

The Danish Circus Benneweis has delivered a wedding gift to the HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Ms. Mary Donaldson: A gift voucher to an entire show, not just front row seats but an entire show all to themselves. The gift will allow the royal couple to invite friends and family to a private show. But in the spirit of goodwill, Mary and Frederik may also choose to donate the show to a humanitarian cause.

Circus manager Diana Benneweis says the idea was a natural choice: "It's the best I have to offer. The show is my heart and soul," she says. Circus Benneweis also plans to celebrate the royal wedding on May 14th by cancelling all shows, decorating the ring and inviting all circus employees to a party. The idea is to watch the wedding, party hearty and eat till we drop, Diana Benneweis says.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Gentry

Is it certain that the Danish embassies will transmit the wedding? Does anyone know of the embassy in D.C.?
Old 05-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Serene Highness

There is no possible way to find the website of the Danish embassy in Washington Dc on the internet, or via telephone.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Gentry

I have looked on the website and there is no information regarding whether or not they will show the wedding at the embassy. I was hoping someone had already called them to see if they would be doing it.

Royal Danish Embassy in Washington D.C.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
There is no possible way to find the website of the Danish embassy in Washington Dc on the internet, or via telephone.

Quote:
Is it certain that the Danish embassies will transmit the wedding? Does anyone know of the embassy in D.C.?

Some Danish embassies are planning to celebrate. I posted a link to the address and phone numbers of all the Danish embassies in the world. My message was posted on May 9th, 2004 - 7:59 pm.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:53 PM
Gentry

Thank you Montecarlo.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Gentry

Hi is there any pre wedding gala function? And is LTR covering such functions?