Sheikh Nasser of Bahrain & Sheikha Sheikha bint Mohd Al Maktoum - Sep28 & Oct 2,2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the description of the wedding Dazzling.

One question - you said most of the women kept their abayas on at the wedding. Did none of her family dress up at all or was it covered up by the abaya? Just curious about what emirati women wear when they dress up. We see so many moroccan and jordanian caftans and I wondered if emirati clothes for weddings are similarly beautiful.

The abayas are really thin, usually from quite thin/see through chiffon (unlike teh heavy fabric they wear on daily bases) therefore you can wear anything you want and it would still show.

The groom and brides family did not wear the abaya.

Unlike the Moroccans and Jordanians who dress traditionally, in the UAE the women wear western evening gowns but with more beading on.

dazzling in Jordan in weddings ( balls for women at night with the bride) we dress western evening gowns, does not mean that all wear traditional

dazzling in Jordan in weddings ( balls for women at night with the bride) we dress western evening gowns, does not mean that all wear traditional

Yes I know that. I was reffering to Kerrys post :)
We see so many moroccan and jordanian caftans

xavi83 said:
ما هي من أهل الكويت ولا من أهل الرياض ...
السر مكتوم .. في قلبي .. على شانها .

The above is just a tiny part of the poem, the article talks also about the wedding and the groom.

The poem says

She is not from kuwait nor from Riyadh (capital city of Saudi Arabia)

السر مكتوم .. في قلبي .. على شانها
The secret is Al Maktoum, in my heart, all for her.

Last edited:
:previous:
Beautiful pictures. You were so lucky Dazzling to go. :flowers:

Dazzling, you don't have pictures from the wedding of women????

Welcome to TRF.
No, I dont, you arent allowed to take cameras to weddings nor mobile phones.
They are quite strict about it.

Thanks for the response to my question. Western gowns with more jewels. That sounds beautiful. Out of interest is there a favourite designer generally for the bride or for the oufits of the relatives? If not, just ignore my post I won't mind.

Welcome to TRF.
No, I dont, you arent allowed to take cameras to weddings nor mobile phones.
They are quite strict about it.

What a shame!
It would have been great if we could have got a picture of the bride and groom on the actual weding day, so we could see their outfits and how they looked together! Is there no professional pictures to be released at all?

Thanks for the response to my question. Western gowns with more jewels. That sounds beautiful. Out of interest is there a favourite designer generally for the bride or for the oufits of the relatives? If not, just ignore my post I won't mind.

Every bride goes to a designer she likes or would like to do her dress, there isnt a set designer. Quite a few go for Couture dresses. I have been to a few weddings where the bride wore Elie Saab, Georges Chakra and some choose Dior. Relatives same, go to who ever they prefer.

What a shame!
It would have been great if we could have got a picture of the bride and groom on the actual weding day, so we could see their outfits and how they looked together! Is there no professional pictures to be released at all?

Not usually, pictures are kept private but you never know with the younger generation :lol:

Yes I know that. I was reffering to Kerrys post :)

السر مكتوم .. في قلبي .. على شانها .

The above is just a tiny part of the poem, the article talks also about the wedding and the groom.

The poem says

She is not from kuwait nor from Riyadh (capital city of Saudi Arabia)

السر مكتوم .. في قلبي .. على شانها
The secret is Al Maktoum, in my heart, all for her.

لا من ذكرتك يفزّ الشعر والقلب هاض ..
وآجر فيك القصايد وأحكم أوزانها ...
لعيون من خلّت الدنيا بياض إفـ بياض ...
بنت ٍ تقول الحسن والزين .. عنوانها ...
السر مكتوم .. في قلبي .. على شانها ...
قلب ٍ كتم حبّها لين الهوى منه فاض ...
وبين الحنايا جداولها ووديانها ...
يا مهرة الواقع اللي ما لمسه افتراض ...
يا سيرة الحب يا دنياي وأركانها ....
موت ٍ لقيته بعينك وانت عينك حياض ...
كن المنايا وسهم العشق باحضانها ...
برق ٍ لمع في خدودك يوم شفته وناض ..
كنّه يصوّر حياتي لحظة إيمانها ...
بإنك جميل وجمالك ما عليه اعتراض ...
وإن القصايد بوصفك يعجز لسانها ...

This seems to be the whole poem. Dazzling, could you please translate?! The google translation is terrible... :sad: Thanks a lot! :flowers:

need to ask you something.you said that Sh Nasser and Sheikha Sheikha were engaged for 2 years now.Is Sh Khaled Bin Hamad,Nasser younger brother engaged? if yes,which country is she from? Thanks

need to ask you something.you said that Sh Nasser and Sheikha Sheikha were engaged for 2 years now.Is Sh Khaled Bin Hamad,Nasser younger brother engaged? if yes,which country is she from? Thanks

Sheikh Khaled is not engaged.

Hi everyone,

i am new to this.... just checking it out
does anyone have shaikha shaika and Naser picture?
is sh. mariam getting married?

لا من ذكرتك يفزّ الشعر والقلب هاض ..
وآجر فيك القصايد وأحكم أوزانها ...
لعيون من خلّت الدنيا بياض إفـ بياض ...
بنت ٍ تقول الحسن والزين .. عنوانها ...
السر مكتوم .. في قلبي .. على شانها ...
قلب ٍ كتم حبّها لين الهوى منه فاض ...
وبين الحنايا جداولها ووديانها ...
يا مهرة الواقع اللي ما لمسه افتراض ...
يا سيرة الحب يا دنياي وأركانها ....
موت ٍ لقيته بعينك وانت عينك حياض ...
كن المنايا وسهم العشق باحضانها ...
برق ٍ لمع في خدودك يوم شفته وناض ..
كنّه يصوّر حياتي لحظة إيمانها ...
بإنك جميل وجمالك ما عليه اعتراض ...
وإن القصايد بوصفك يعجز لسانها ...

This seems to be the whole poem. Dazzling, could you please translate?! The google translation is terrible... :sad: Thanks a lot! :flowers:
I absolutely agree with you, google translation is terrible

Thanks for answering Dazzling!now one more question about engaged sheiks... Is any of Al Maktoum boys engaged?? Thanks

Wow! The groom is absolutely :wub:

I wished I could see the brides gown.

Dazzling Wedding Reception

The Wedding reception was held Last night at Al Wadi Palace Riffa
In a beautiful Custom made tent.
The invitation to the event was an embossed white Box, on it a gold colored horse head logo.

It contained several items all decorated with the horse head logo:
A white envelope which contained your car pass
A entry keycard (the original date 9-10-2009 blacked out )
A Card in Arabic requesting guests not bring any mobiles or camera's
Two Plexiglass holders to rest the Embossed Arabic Style glass scroll holder which contained the invitation to the reception ceremony and dinner.

A white and gold printed invitation

First in Arabic with the names of the Names of Fathers and Groom in Beautiful calligraphy script.

And in English:

It is the pleasure of Shaia Bint Hassan Al Khrayyesh Al Ajmi Spouse of

H.M. King Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa
King of Bahrain

To invite you to attend the the reception ceremony & Dinner
on the occasion of the the wedding of

H.H Shaikh Nasser Bin Hamad Al Khalifa

to the daughter of

H.H. Shaikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoom
Vice President Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai UAE

At al Wadi Palace Friday 6th November 2009 at 8 PM

Wishing you all a life full of joy & happiness

private invitation

A huge tent had been pitched up on the palace grounds.
Cordoned off with a wall of tent material

Within this compound invited guest that had not be chauffeured in where taken by golf carts manned by Ladies (Military) to the entrance from their cars.

The tent which was a special order from a Canadian Company was decorated with beautiful (removable) paintings on the Ceilings from the likes of painter like Michelangelo and Leonardo Da Vinci by a Italian Delegation.

At the entrance security procedures where used and ladies where kindly asked to leave behind their telephones and camera's.

Abaya's could either placed in logo-ed bags or could be left at the wardrobe which was manned by one of the many specially flown in trained English Hostesses.

The theme was crystal and white orchids.

The entrance into the main area where the reception was held was accessed by walking through a cave of mirrors so shiny that one had the feeling (quite scary) to be walking on water.

Container upon container of white orchids had been flown in with florists for the floral arrangements.

Every were huge crystal chandeliers ,that had been hung strand by strand.

A
chandelier masterpiece, made up of white orchids was hanging above the stage behind it 5 huge crystal chandeliers and behind those,a wall of white orchids behind the stage where life entertainment was provide the whole evening till the early hrs of the morning by Famous Arabic singers.
Behind the curtain like wall of flowers the musicians, seeing that it was a ladies only evening.

Local Bahraini singer Hind started of the life entertainment.
Followed by Najwa Karam
Mohammed Abdo
Diana Haddad
A very pregnant Ahlam
And closing the program was Abdullah Salman

The tables, chairs and sofa's for guest had been custom made for the occasion.

Tables for fortunate guests from all walks of life were decorated with crystals, Oud (very heavy Arabic scent favored by most Arabic Ladies) in a crystal bottle engraved with the names of the Bride and groom and white orchids.

Silverware and crystal glasses for water Arabic tea and Arabic Coffee, Ghawa.

Special tables had been made up for VIP guests with complementary Oud in a Faberge like egg.

Hostesses kept coming, presenting, fresh fruit juices and Harrods chocolates.

The wedding cake was a tower of chocolate rose pulled by two horses, made out of tiny white flowers.

Life feeds of the Bride and groom arriving were beamed against the tent so those that had not a clear view could still enjoy the entrance.

The
smiling beautiful young couple came in swaying to the music while a song special to Shaikh Nasser was played.

Grandmothers came to congratulate the pair. Ladies Ulated and incense was burned, by groups of ladies dressed in
red and gold embroidered, traditional thobs still favored by older generations of ladies in the Kingdom.

I really find it a pity that now for most weddings western style dresses are worn.

I personally love the beautiful designed Jelabias that are demure and comfortable to wear complimenting women' s forms and complexions to the tight dresses worn these days that show to much skin.

The Mother of the Bride and mother of the Groom where very both very beautiful.

Honestly I was not paying attention to much to the dress of Shaikha Shakiha because of the sparkling trailing veil She was wearing.

I Do hope that some official photo's will be made public and I will share these here.

And I will upload pictures of the invitation

The couple did not stay long and both left the party, which is a break of tradition as it is custom for the Gulf bride to stay behind for a few hours, after which the groom comes to collect his bride accompanied by male relatives from both sides of the family, for photo opportunities and sometime to dance with their wives.

It was quite late when a
Lavish buffet dinner was opened and VIP guests were served at their tables.

The food was a mix of continental and Arabic dishes and it very hard to choose, the desserts where heavenly too.

By 5.30 this morning the hostesses and other staff cleaning up looked tired but satisfied with their accomplishments and glad it was over it imagine.

Thanks for all the details. It sounds amazing.

Thank you for the deatiled information.
How did the bride look?

stunning

The bride and groom made such a handsome couple.
Both tall and regal. The veil took my breath away it was glittering with crystals or maybe diamonds.

I am so sorry but I can't remember many details, she wore a beautiful veil held by a crown like hairband on her head, her hair (very long) was left loose and flowing under the veil.

She also was wearing a necklace that was huge and covered most of the throat and chest. it was white highwaisted demure dress, with a trail.
I wanted to note down the details but somehow forgot pen and paper as without a mobile I only needed the smallest of bags.

I loved the way they talked to each other, both were mirroring the other, and Sh Nasser looked with sparking laughing eyes at the bride they both seemed to quite enjoy it.

When they left a camera mounted on the car driven by Sh. Nasser himself beamed a life feed of the newlyweds.

Its a pity they did not cut the cake, many never realized it was the wedding cake as it blended it with the decor.

A carriage pulled by two horses with the cake a tower of handmade chocolate flowers in different shades.

Back
Top Bottom