Sheikh Nasser of Bahrain & Sheikha Sheikha bint Mohd Al Maktoum - Sep28 & Oct 2,2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you are wrong....Sheikha Sheikha is number 6 on the picture.... number 5 is Sheikha mariam

I agree. I thought number 5 is Maryam. That's her number isn't it?

Looking at the time in Dubai it is the early early morning of Sheikha Sheikha and Sheikh Nassers wedding(for women).

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,
Im new here , so i didnt know where to ask exactly.
How old are shiekha and nasser? They seem so young for marrige .

Sheikha Sheikha is 18. Sheikh Nasser is 23... Masha Allah!

awww the invitation is beautiful ...
I wish them a happy and a blessed life

Dazzling can you please tell us about the wedding. :flowers:

The wedding was lovely. The bride looked amazing in a fitted white dress which was very emroidered with white and silver and had some small white flowers on the bottom of the dress.
The setting was clean white with orchid plants as flowers.
Towards the end, the groom came in for about 20minutes.
The groom and bride had a few pictures taken, his mother and a fewothe rmembers joined for pictures.

hello,
I would like to know something, marriages in the Bahrain do not have men and women together for the ceremony at all?Or Is it that the women have their parties or afternoons first and then for the major night all the guests get together?

hi dazzling,
I just wanted to ask , did the groom come in alone?
Because in the gulf -or kuwait atleast- the groom comes in with his farher or brothers، and father of the bride and her brothers.
Thanks alot :)

thanks for the informations Dazziling,nice you share those details with us,hope you enjoy you're self during the wedding.
BTW Sheikha Sheikha seems to be a pretty young lady as her husband,they will make a sush lovely couple.congratulation to both family.

hi dazzling,
I just wanted to ask , did the groom come in alone?
Because in the gulf -or kuwait atleast- the groom comes in with his farher or brothers and father of the bride and her brothers.
Thanks alot :)

He came in alone. His father had left the day before the womens wedding.
Royal weddings in the UAE, usually the groom comes in alone.

I assume that the only man allowed to see women is the groom then. I assume that otherwise all women would have to be covered with their long black dresses!And thus No fun in attending a wedding.
Really do you find it offending or are you achamed to talk about it?? I don't get it!

the bride is so beautiful,a true arab beauty,the groom is handsome too,I wishe them a very happy life together.
and thank you all for the pics.

What women attended the (women)wedding?

Thanks,
Josette

What women attended the (women)wedding?

Thanks,
Josette

What do you mean? The women's party was attended only by women.

I assume that the only man allowed to see women is the groom then. I assume that otherwise all women would have to be covered with their long black dresses!And thus No fun in attending a wedding.
Really do you find it offending or are you achamed to talk about it?? I don't get it!

Me? About what?

No, in the party before the wedding the groom comes in with his brothers and sometimes father as well as her and his uncles. In normal people weddings, groom comes in with his brothers.
Many women are already wearing the black cloth (abaya) to start with (unlike Saudi and Qatar where it is taken off as you get in) the women only cover their hair or put the scarf on. But the groom cant really see since its dimmed lights.

I get it now! so basicly there is no interaction between men and women in weddings. In a prince's case where the palaces are enormous I guess it is not a problem, but I am wondering how the others would do it! Do they use seperate homes?
It is good to see that traditions are kept intact in some countries. Most countries now I guess are just very badly trying to fit in the so-called modernism. Don't know why they prefer to just conform to the international traditions instead of respecting and living their own. The Muslum world is fascinating I beleive. No need to go check on the Christians and Jews to fit to their ways of living. I don't see the other party looking to fit anything the Muslums are seeking.
Anyway my best wishes to the newly weds :).

What do you mean? The women's party was attended only by women.

Who, the brides mother, sisters, grooms mother, grooms sisters, other members of the Ruling families?

Josette :flowers:

Who, the brides mother, sisters, grooms mother, grooms sisters, other members of the Ruling families?

Josette :flowers:

Brides mother, sisters, aunts, uncles wives and cousins. Grooms mother, cousins, his aunts and a few of the family members (not alot attended)
Alot of friends of the both sides were there as well.

I get it now! so basicly there is no interaction between men and women in weddings. In a prince's case where the palaces are enormous I guess it is not a problem, but I am wondering how the others would do it! Do they use seperate homes?
No interaction between men and women. You dont usually use homes, you use hotel ballrooms or if they were big weddings you would either get a room or two at the exhibition centers or you rent tents to any size you want.

Brides mother, sisters, aunts, uncles wives and cousins. Grooms mother, cousins, his aunts and a few of the family members (not alot attended)
Alot of friends of the both sides were there as well.

Thanks dazz. :flowers:

The wedding was lovely. The bride looked amazing in a fitted white dress which was very emroidered with white and silver and had some small white flowers on the bottom of the dress.
The setting was clean white with orchid plants as flowers.
Towards the end, the groom came in for about 20minutes.
The groom and bride had a few pictures taken, his mother and a fewothe rmembers joined for pictures.
What kind of food was served at the wedding Dazz? I assume there was a dinner of some sort. Was there entertainment also? Who? I like details in weddings. It says a lot about the personal style of the bride.

Thanks for the info Dazzling! but I was wondering did you see Princess Haya at the wedding? and if yes, how were her interactions with the rest of the family??

What kind of food was served at the wedding Dazz? I assume there was a dinner of some sort. Was there entertainment also? Who? I like details in weddings. It says a lot about the personal style of the bride.

Traditional food along with other arabic food like humus, vineleaves etc. All the hot dishes were in big bowls on the table and the starters were in mini bowls.

Entertainment was 3 singers (maybe more at earlier time) 2 male singers (1 Saudi & 1 UAE) and 1 female singer (UAE). A few ladies started to dance but that is very normal at weddings and parties.

Thanks for the info Dazzling! but I was wondering did you see Princess Haya at the wedding? and if yes, how were her interactions with the rest of the family??

P.Haya was not at the wedding. She was in Denmark attending the IOC meetings.

Thanks for the information dazzling

I watched the video about the life of Sheikha Maryam bint Mohammed complete

There was a picture with new and old

It was carrying the number 6 in the picture???
And Latafh No. 2 was not there (Sheikha) in this picture or someone else

Video from the Emirates :ermm:

There is confusion in the topic:bang:

I agree. I thought number 5 is Maryam. That's her number isn't it?

Looking at the time in Dubai it is the early early morning of Sheikha Sheikha and Sheikh Nassers wedding(for women).

Sheikha Sheikha is number 6, Sheikha Maryam is number 5 and Sheikha Futaim is number 1

Thanks for the description of the wedding Dazzling.

One question - you said most of the women kept their abayas on at the wedding. Did none of her family dress up at all or was it covered up by the abaya? Just curious about what emirati women wear when they dress up. We see so many moroccan and jordanian caftans and I wondered if emirati clothes for weddings are similarly beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom