Princess Margrethe of Denmark and Henri de Laborde de Monpezat: June 10, 1967

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The bride with her father, King Frederik IX, arrived in an open landau from Amalienborg Palace to Holmens Kirke.

www.polfoto.dk

Last edited by a moderator:
The wedding banquet took place in a tent built in the gardens of Fredensborg Palace. Afterwards, they left for their honeymoon aboard the Royal Yacht 'Dannebrog.'

www.polfoto.dk
Pics 2&3: Credit Marianne

Marvelous photos, Mandy. They really look happy.

October 1966 - Margrethe and Henri attending a press confernce.

www.polftoto.dk

Today, is the 38th wedding anniversary of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik. They were married June 10th 1967 in Holmens Kirke.

A couple of photos from Polfoto and Royalehuwelijken:

Marianne has opened a thread about the wedding of Margrethe and Hendrik with many information and losts of pictures that aren't to familiar. The thread can be found here.

Does anyone know if there's a video of the wedding anywhere on the Internet?

I loved her bress ... its beautiful !!!

This is the first time for me that I've seen the wedding photos - they're great, and I love her dress.

Does anyone know or are there any pictures of Anne Marie at the wedding????

Because of the situation in Greece at the time, the Danish government did not allow Anne Marie, Constantine, and their children to enter the country to attend her sister's wedding. They did come to Benedikte's wedding in February 1968, and afterwards I think she and her children stayed on in Denmark for a few months and Constantine went on, but I'm not sure about that.

Because of the situation in Greece at the time, the Danish government did not allow Anne Marie, Constantine, and their children to enter the country to attend her sister's wedding. They did come to Benedikte's wedding in February 1968, and afterwards I think she and her children stayed on in Denmark for a few months and Constantine went on, but I'm not sure about that.

And because of this Queen Ingrid put as much ass possible photos on display of them all over Fredensborg Castle during the Wedding Celebrations.

This is one of the most regal wedding dresses. Thanks for all the pictures!

Thank you so much, prinses! Her train had a LOT of fabric. Do you (or anyone) know who the two young women are who help her with it when she gets down from the carriage?

Thanks for the link! I had never seen footage of this wedding.

How long was her train? I think the dress itself and the veil were OK but I feel that the shape of the train looked a bit severe.

I'm not sure how long it was but it's very plain looking and I don't like how it goes wider at the bottom. I like Margrethe's dress though.

I don't like how it goes wider at the bottom. I like Margrethe's dress though.

That's what I mean when I say the shape looks too severe. It would look better if it were more rounded, rather like Princess Diana's wedding dress train (but that's another issue altogether).

After looking more closely at the train, I have to agree. Its overall shape blends in with the lines of the gown, but the edge could have been softer and smaller. However, her dress remains one of the most regal wedding gowns!

I can see what you mean about the train - it's too "pointy." By the way, it's five meters/fifteen feet long.

I do wonder whether the train was inspired by the fact that Margrethe is an artist - it is like a picture frame with edging in a different material all the way round. There are similarities between the overall style of the dress to the one her daughter in law Mary wore - lace panels, silhouette etc.

There are similarities between the overall style of the dress to the one her daughter in law Mary wore - lace panels, silhouette etc.
I've noticed this as well. I wonder if it was intentional.

Back
Top Bottom