Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Christopher O'Neill: June 8, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Music is so cheese, but the bride makes up for that because she looks beautiful.

A question to our swedish posters? Why are disney-ish songs so popular?

They aren't, at least not in Sweden. I think it's just Chris and Madeleine who loves those kind of songs.

Victoria had one as well. But it must be a personal choice indeed. Anyway, thankfully it is over ;). If the oeoeoeoeoeeeee would have lasted any longer I would have thrown my coffee cup to the tv.

Estelle tries to read the booklet

Victoria had one as well. But itmust be a personal choice indeed. Anyway, thankfully it is over ;).

But in Victoria's and Daniel's wedding it was a new song, made for them. Daniel had helped with the text by telling about their love story and his feelings towards Victoria.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like that the song talks about the couple having sex and this is being sung in a church. Okay for the reception, just not the church.

Agreed!! It's better for a first dance type situation than in a church!

I'm not loving Madeleine's dress (or her makeup). The top part of the dress is pretty, but I dislike the bottom of it. I do like the tiara though, I think it goes well with the dress.

I'm loving Victoria's dress and hair. She looks fabulous. And Estelle is so adorable.

Glad the Disney type music is over. Like others, I find it quite cheesy.

Did Chris mix up Madeleine's full name during the vows?

Last edited:
i really like how the service is half in swedish, half in french. first and foremost, this is the wedding of madeleine and chris and it's important that one of the most important persons in the service, chris, understands his own wedding service.

chris seems adorable. he looks over the moon.

The bridal children
Lillie von Horn
Annais and Chloe Sommerlath
Louis and Chiara Abensperg und Traun
Jasper D'Abo.
http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/thewedding/thewedding/weddingceremony/thebridalattendants.4.4ea495e313c19c119aa6ddf.html

Who is Lillie Von Horn?

I know Chloe and Anais are Patrick Sommerlath's girls, Jasper D'Abo is the son of Chris' sister Tatiana and I'm assuming that Louis and Chiara Abensperg und Traun are the children of Chris' sister Natascha.

One word to describe how Princess Madeleine looks today: divine. :angel::wub::w00t::heart::clap::princess3::onering::twohearts::heart1::heartflower::fireworks:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like that the song talks about the couple having sex and this is being sung in a church. Okay for the reception, just not the church.

true, but which song talks about it?

Madeleine is wearing a green bow in her hair. What is the meaning?

i really like how the service is half in swedish, half in french. first and foremost, this is the wedding of madeleine and chris and it's important that one of the most important persons in the service, chris, understands his own wedding service.

chris seems adorable. he looks over the moon.

I don't think half the service is in french, it's in english.

Who is Lillie Von Horn?

I know Chloe and Anais are Patrick Sommerlath's girls, Jasper D'Abo is the son of Chris' sister Tatiana and I'm assuming that Louis and Chiara Abensperg und Traun are the children of Chris' sister Natascha.

She is the daughter of Katarina von Horn, one of Madeleines closest friends.

On a personal note, so glad I got to sit during the readings and homily at my wedding.

Madeleine is wearing a green bow in her hair. What is the meaning?

It's traditional for swedish brides to wear green leaves or branches. QSilvia and CP Victoria both head green leaves attached to their veils.

true, but which song talks about it?

"The first time ever I laid with you" is a verse in "First Time I Ever Saw Your Face". I've heard much worse, believe me. One bride I knew walked the aisle singing "I'm Not Going" from the movie Dream Girls. The marriage didn't last six months!:ROFLMAO:

"The first time ever I laid with you" is a verse in "First Time I Ever Saw Your Face". I've heard much worse, believe me. One bride I knew walked the aisle singing "I'm Not Going" from the movie Dream Girls. The marriage didn't last six months!:ROFLMAO:

This reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy's phrase, "there's your sign.":ROFLMAO:

Awww, he just said "I love you" and she replied "I love you, too."

Last edited by a moderator:
What an exit!!!! I'm loving it!!!!

Loved that when the musicians were leaving Carl Phillip and Daniel had to bend down to move Madde's train!

beautiful touch to invite people to play music from madeleine's dukedom.

Oh, I forgot how short these Lutheran services were...

The violinists were from Madeleine's dukedom? That is a nice tough indeed.

Chris seems very happy as does Madeleine.

Ok... and very happy to kiss her... and again.

--
Stephanie's tiara looks better on darker hair like MT or Alexandra IMO.

Victoria is best dressed IMO, love her jewels too. Silvia is close, but nobody else can hold a candle to them.

Last edited:
I know Madeleine is keeping her royal title, but will she be also known as Mrs O'Neill? Kind like when Princess Anne married both her husbands - HRH Princess Anne, Mrs Mark Phillips/Mrs Timothy Laurence?

Back
Top Bottom