Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Christopher O'Neill: June 8, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Great pictures, thank you for sharing.

I know it has been 7 years and we have all aged, but Chris appears to have aged considerably more than Maddie.

Great pictures, thank you for sharing.

I know it has been 7 years and we have all aged, but Chris appears to have aged considerably more than Maddie.

Isn’t he 8 years or so older than Madeleine anyway ? In a certain age range, even a few years make a lot of difference on how old someone looks.

Last edited:
Isn’t he 8 years or so older than Madeleine anyway ? In a certain age range, even a few years make a lot of difference on how old someone looks.

Chris celebrated his 46th birthday 2 days ago and Madeleine turned 38 earlier this month; so yes, an 8 year age difference. Madeleine got married 2 days shy of her 31st birthday while Chris was older than Madeleine is now: less than a month away from his 39th birthday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Madeleine chose a discreet and rounded bouquet to match her wedding dress, with white classic garden roses such as Austin rose, Winchester Cathedral, Schneewittchen, Polyantharos, Alabaster and lilies of the valley as well as the traditional myrtle sprig. Madeleine's bouquet was created by court florist Claes Carlsson.
https://files-aller-blogger-platfor..._och_Chris_bröllop.jpg?w=850&fit=max&fm=webp
https://files-aller-blogger-platfor...e_och_chris_brollop.jpg?w=850&fit=max&fm=webp
https://files-aller-blogger-platfor...enie_och_chris_2013.jpg?w=850&fit=max&fm=webp
https://files-aller-blogger-platfor..._Chris_brollop_2013.jpg?w=850&fit=max&fm=webp
https://files-aller-blogger-platfor...nsessbrollopet_2013.jpg?w=850&fit=max&fm=webp

The gown singer Marie Fredriksson (1958-2019) wore at the Royal Chapel when she sang for Madeleine and Chris at their wedding, is auctioned at Tradera among other Marie Fredriksson's clothes. The gown was designed by Fadi el Khoury.
https://www.stadsmissionen.se/sites/default/files/inline-images/Sajtbilder MF2.jpg

To support vulnerable people and celebrate Marie Fredriksson's unique style, parts of her private wardrobe are now being auctioned off through an initiative by her family. The auctions take place at Tradera starting on October 28. Selected garments are also shown at an exhibition at the NK department store in Stockholm. All proceeds go directly to the Stockholm City Mission.(..)

Världsartisten Marie Fredrikssons garderob auktioneras ut till förmån för Stockholms Stadsmission - Rippler

The gown at the auction
Fadi el Khoury – Ba.. _ Köp från StockholmsStadsmission på Tradera (566361362)

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill's wedding on Youtube yesterday, a couple of hours. I felt it was just lovely, a great mix of the religious side and the more personal side, in that there were hymns and also songs, everyone looked so happy, the chapel was lovely, the ministers spoke well, and CP Victoria and I think one of Chris's sisters, Princess Estelle behaved herself beautifully, Chris's mother looked so proud, as did the King and Queen, the lady from Roxette and the chap who sang one of my favourite songs, The first time ever I saw your face, sang well, i loved the children's folk song ushering the bride in, and the folk group on the way out, I enjoyed putting a name to the (some of) the Royal guests, I even watched the boat on its way to (I think) Drottingham (?) Palace, and the people in 17th (?) century costume there to greet them; I think it was the loveliest Royal wedding I've ever seen (although at this stage I don't have much to compare as I've only seen the Brits when they came on NZ television, starting with Princess Anne), I shall now go and see what others I can find on Youtube...

Shortly after the wedding there was an article in the Swedish press confirming that Chris never took the step of obtaining a dispensation to be married outside the Catholic Church(like Queen Maxima did)which he is required to do by Canon Law if he married a Protestant. Otherwise, in the eyes of the Catholic Church Chris is not technically married to Madeleine at all, only living with her.

I could not locate any article in the online Swedish press on the religious issues with the couple's marriage (perhaps someone else could help with that?), but I found the following translation (probably a Google translation) of a Svensk Damtidning article, which appears to state that Chris O'Neill applied to his church for a dispensation to get married in the Lutheran Church of Sweden and received it.

Chris O'Neill can never separate Madeleine

© Scanpix Sweden / Reuters

Published on: 30.5.2013 10:34

Princess Madeleine flying blissful marriage port Chris O'Neill next week on Saturday.
The Swedish magazine Svensk Damtidning highlight what is happening, if luck is not blissful, and the other wants to go their separate ways.

Chris O'Neill is a Catholic, Evangelical Lutheran Madeleine.

The Swedish priest Fredrik Emanuels Stockholm Catholic Church points out the magazine that Madeleine may of course differ from Chris, but Chris was not Madeleine.

- Chris O'Neill has made it clear to be a Catholic and a Catholic after marriage can not become a divorce.

Catholic can not divorce, but marriage annulment - but not easy.

According to the doctrine of marriage validly contracted marriage remains in force until the death of the spouse.

Princess Caroline had to wait for the difference between the first husband Philippe Junot'sta two years. He had to beg the Pope to annul the marriage.

According to the newspaper Chris has applied to the U.S. Catholic Bishop's permission to get married in the Church of Sweden according to the rules. As the couple will get married free will, the Catholic Church accepts dedication of the Castle Church. Thus, a couple will not have to Catholics for the wedding.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom